Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Olympia by Leni Riefenstahl - Part 1 Festival of Nations - Part 2 Festival of Beauty

Olympia by Leni Riefenstahl - Part 1 Festival of Nations - Part 2 Festival of Beauty 30 Jul 2017 19:37 #1

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

Olympia Part 1 — Fest der Völker (Festival of Nations) with English Subs

Olympia 2 — Fest der Schönheit (Festival of Beauty) With English Subs

vid descr
Olympia is a 1938 film by Leni Riefenstahl documenting the 1936 Summer Olympics, held in the Olympic Stadium in Berlin, Germany. The film was released in two parts: Olympia 1. Teil — Fest der Völker (Festival of Nations) and Olympia 2. Teil — Fest der Schönheit (Festival of Beauty). It was the first documentary feature film of the Olympic Games ever made. Many advanced motion picture techniques, which later became industry standards but which were groundbreaking at the time, were employed —including unusual camera angles, smash cuts, extreme close-ups, placing tracking shot rails within the bleachers, and the like. The techniques employed are almost universally admired, but the film is controversial due to its political context. Nevertheless, the film appears on many lists of the greatest films of all-time, including Time magazine's "All-Time 100 Movies."[1]

Olympia set the precedent for future films documenting and glorifying the Olympic Games, particularly the Summer Games. The "Olympic Torch Run" was devised by the German sports official Dr. Carl Diem for these 1936 Olympic Games in Berlin. Riefenstahl later staged the torch relay for this film, as with competitive events of the Games.

Please check out my page for other films from the Third Reich. Enjoy!
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb

Olympia by Leni Riefenstahl - Part 1 Festival of Nations - Part 2 Festival of Beauty 31 Jul 2017 08:36 #2

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
What an amazing film!

I only watched Part 1 yet - all Riefenstahl films were not available in the FRG until recently - and it's not only artistically valuable, but also suspense-packed.

Where did all those naturally beautiful men and women of various nations go?

You hardly see any of this natural beauty nowadays, especially not among athletes.

Btw, I didn't know or remember that Leni was married to Karl-Peter Jacob:

After their divorce they stayed close friends livelong and he helped her during her "de-nazification". truth-zone.net/forum/pfizipfei-forum-general-discussion/69186-denazification-character-washing-a-la-tavistock.html
Later he was in a relationship with Henriette von Schirach while she was still married to Baldur.

de.metapedia.org/wiki/Karl-Peter_Jacob
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 31 Jul 2017 08:42 by PFIZIPFEI.

Olympia by Leni Riefenstahl - Part 1 Festival of Nations - Part 2 Festival of Beauty 31 Jul 2017 10:20 #3

• jonb
You don't have to have any political bias, to see what an outstanding filmmaker she was.
You can see the influence of her style both in documentaries, and drama of every bias.
She was unquestionably a major artist, and no story of film making can be complete if it does not examine her work.

If we are honest there could hardly be a more boring subject than attending a party conference, look what she does with this, how she builds it into something so much more-

Last Edit: 31 Jul 2017 10:33 by jonb.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

Olympia by Leni Riefenstahl - Part 1 Festival of Nations - Part 2 Festival of Beauty 31 Jul 2017 10:43 #4

• jonb
The lessons are all there.

We Europeans have got to stop protesting what has been done to us like so many slaves, and start asserting who we are!
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare