Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Mem­ber feed­back is appre­ci­ated! Don’t be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site bet­ter and more user friendly for our members.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Improvements & Features

Improvements & Features 04 Feb 2015 04:41 #21

• novum
  • Platinum Member
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
novum wrote:
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
When I only read here w/o logging in mine are never counted = the number of views does not change.

Well last time i looked into it, it does count guest views.

I think it might depend on cookies and IP also, if they dont change it may not count it again...whereas if someone else views it , it would count guest or not.. i think its something like that.

This is how it always was with me since I came to this forum.
So I don't think it depends on IP or cookies, because they are changing.

I would like to know which experiences other members made with this,
for this is quite important for a forum, don't you think so?

The views count whether its guest or registered.. i tried it for myself (changed IP and clear cookies) ... as a guest , and clicking on a thread increases its count by one.

If you keep clicking on the same thread straight away in the same session though, the count wont increase again... the programmers have worked on this to try keep views realistic... i had a read on the kunena forums... and yes seems they confirm that both registered and guest views count.

If you can open an incognito window or clear cookies/cache and change IP, then go into the general category for example, then pick out a topic and note the views... then click on that topic to enter it... then click back on the 'general' link above the thread, you should find the view count has increased by one. As i said though if you keep repeating that process the count wont keep increasing. The programmers have done some work to keep the view count showing unique hits as much as possible i think.

Perhaps when youre not logged in the forum knows its 'you' via the session stuff (cookies/cache) and doesnt increase the count sometimes because it knows youve already viewed the topic.
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

Improvements & Features 04 Feb 2015 09:32 #22

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
seems they confirm that both registered and guest views count.

As I said, mine don't count when I am NOT logged in and never did since I first came to this forum.

If you watch the counts you will see that certain threads have huge numbers of views - which I think of course must derive from guest clicks -
while other threads have only very few views, which is quite unreal IF guest views count.

Thanks for informing your- and myself and I might try to do what you suggest, after I read it a few more times ;) and hopefully understood it.

What is an incognito window ?

And, yes, the forum system DOES know me very well, for this is the only forum I know which showed my real IP although I tried to use various proxies (because I could not log in or something, long ago), even with hidemyass, which I've never seen in any other place before!

"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 04 Feb 2015 09:33 by PFIZIPFEI.

Improvements & Features 04 Feb 2015 10:02 #23

• novum
  • Platinum Member
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
If you watch the counts you will see that certain threads have huge numbers of views - which I think of course must derive from guest clicks -
while other threads have only very few views, which is quite unreal IF guest views count.

Its not unreal imo, some threads just come up on google alot higher, so they get more hits... therefore you get that discrep.

Like it or not, simple fact is that google brings the most guest visits here.

PFIZIPFEI wrote:
What is an incognito window ?

And, yes, the forum system DOES know me very well, for this is the only forum I know which showed my real IP although I tried to use various proxies (because I could not log in or something, long ago), even with hidemyass, which I've never seen in any other place before!

Incognito window / private window depending on your browser.. it opens a window that doesnt keep cookies, so its like clearing them but without clearing them. What browser are you using so i can get more specific?

And if you proxy properly (eg tor) ... the forum, and me, wont have a clue where youre coming from.

Agencies might if they are watching you, but i sure as heck wont know. :chuckle:
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352

Improvements & Features 18 Mar 2015 05:46 #24

• zax
  • Gold Member
Like it or not, simple fact is that google brings the most guest visits here

Uh -Oh...you just got google in trouble.

ALL CAPS thread coming from the East. :O

:hahano:
Last Edit: 18 Mar 2015 05:47 by zax.
  • Page:
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare