Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

 
PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Mem­ber feed­back is appre­ci­ated! Don’t be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site bet­ter and more user friendly for our members.

TOPIC: Guest Posting - an fyi

Guest Posting - an fyi 07 Jun 2013 20:15 #1

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 16704
  • Likes received: 7887
The idea behind it was to encourage forum participation from non members. We did consider it to be on trial while enabled in the first three categories.

Is now only enabled in The Lounge.

We dont think it is a big ask for people to actually register if they want to participate.

And if anyone has registered and wants their user name changed they can inform myself via PM and i will change it. Common sense applies here though, please dont constantly ask for user name changes. :hahano:
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, pheony, i-baster

Guest Posting - an fyi 03 Feb 2015 13:19 #2

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
The problem with changing user names is
that if you search for a comment you won't find it any longer
after the user name was changed.

.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Guest Posting - an fyi 03 Feb 2015 13:44 #3

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 16704
  • Likes received: 7887
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
The problem with changing user names is
that if you search for a comment you won't find it any longer
after the user name was changed.

.

You talking about registered accounts or guest posting now?
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Guest Posting - an fyi 03 Feb 2015 14:06 #4

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
novum wrote:
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
The problem with changing user names is
that if you search for a comment you won't find it any longer
after the user name was changed.

.

You talking about registered accounts or guest posting now?


Regular members.

If some guest-commentator has his name changed once - that is right in the beginning after becoming a regular member - this of course does not apply.

.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Guest Posting - an fyi 03 Feb 2015 14:18 #5

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 16704
  • Likes received: 7887
the forum search isnt so good, you could try the google one in the main menu.

So what are you putting in the search..usernames or keywords from memory?
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Guest Posting - an fyi 03 Feb 2015 15:09 #6

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
novum wrote:
the forum search isnt so good, you could try the google one in the main menu.

So what are you putting in the search..usernames or keywords from memory?



I found out when I was searching for the coprophile comments of mr cappy, previously mr happy.

I put in the keyword and "search by user name" mr happy - no result.
The system offers mr cappy - no result with the same keyword.
So both names did not produce any result - I knew he had written it under the alias mr happy.

I finally found the post in question with only entering the keyword and searching the various results individually.

.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 03 Feb 2015 15:34 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Guest Posting - an fyi 03 Feb 2015 17:13 #7

  • Mr Cappy
  • Mr Cappy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Capricornus
  • Posts: 904
  • Likes received: 142
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
novum wrote:
the forum search isnt so good, you could try the google one in the main menu.

So what are you putting in the search..usernames or keywords from memory?



I found out when I was searching for the coprophile comments of mr cappy, previously mr happy.

I put in the keyword and "search by user name" mr happy - no result.
The system offers mr cappy - no result with the same keyword.
So both names did not produce any result - I knew he had written it under the alias mr happy.

I finally found the post in question with only entering the keyword and searching the various results individually.

.

Get a life you fat sausage hag.
The opprobrium of striving for a future that never comes.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Guest Posting - an fyi 03 Feb 2015 20:25 #8

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960
Mr Cappy wrote:

Get a life you fat sausage hag.


Does this mean you did not like my above comment ?
Or you rather did not laugh and/or die at my comment THERE ?

:dunno:

You are really hard to please, coprophile troll, aren't you.

:)
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Guest Posting - an fyi 03 Feb 2015 20:35 #9

Mr Cappy wrote:
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
novum wrote:
the forum search isnt so good, you could try the google one in the main menu.

So what are you putting in the search..usernames or keywords from memory?



I found out when I was searching for the coprophile comments of mr cappy, previously mr happy.

I put in the keyword and "search by user name" mr happy - no result.
The system offers mr cappy - no result with the same keyword.
So both names did not produce any result - I knew he had written it under the alias mr happy.

I finally found the post in question with only entering the keyword and searching the various results individually.

.

Get a life you fat sausage hag.

:larf:

Nearly spat me cider out ffs..ooopps so much for rehab :emb:
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare
Powered by Kunena Forum

Annual Server Target

Whether its 50 cents or five dollars, your donations are appreciated and help keep this community site running so we can all continue to enjoy using it. Secure transactions via paypal.
This target is to meet our server cost for one year, June 2019 - May 2020, in USD.
$ 340 - Target
( £ 270 GBP )
donation thermometer
donation thermometer
$ 100 - Raised
( £ 80 GBP )
donation thermometer
29%
Updated
31st May 2019

No one is obliged to donate, please only donate what you can afford. Even the smallest amount helps. Being an active member is a positive contribution. Thank You.