Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Mem­ber feed­back is appre­ci­ated! Don’t be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site bet­ter and more user friendly for our members.

TOPIC: SPAM / SEO posts

SPAM / SEO posts 13 Jun 2013 21:35 #1

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Just want to let you guys know that when posts are made by people who sign up solely to place outbound links to sites, the posts will be deleted.

If they start threads to do the same, the threads will be deleted, along with any responses from you guys.

Im not talking about legitimate links to stuff from members who want to promote something, im talking about the Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) web guys who seem to sign up now and then just to make one post so google finds it etc. And they make the same post or similar on as many sites as they can get onto.

:cool:
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer

SPAM / SEO posts 13 Jun 2013 21:42 #2

• username
yeah i knew my post on the one earlier would be, i just saw an oppurtunity to be an idiot :) Moth to light sort of thing

SPAM / SEO posts 13 Jun 2013 21:55 #3

• cantata
  • Silver Member
I thought that's what was done anyway, novum - even if we had "played" with the poster along the way. :D

Do It! :thumbup:
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier

SPAM / SEO posts 13 Jun 2013 22:01 #4

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Yeah i just wanted to explain why usernames post was gone. :D

It was funny though, I thought about leaving it.

And just editing out the spammers outbound link of course, rendering his efforts useless. :chuckle:
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata, username

SPAM / SEO posts 13 Jun 2013 22:12 #5

• username
haha I thought it was a very apt SEO attempt however unintentional.

Are these guys doing the niche thing/online marketing? I thought Google all but killed that off with the last engine update ie the sites have to be really relevant content heavy for them to be high up.

SPAM / SEO posts 13 Jun 2013 22:17 #6

• cantata
  • Silver Member
I almost always replied to them, along the lines of:

:spam: :spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:

and DG always deleted everything. :D

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

SPAM / SEO posts 13 Jun 2013 22:20 #7

• novum
  • Platinum Member
username wrote:
Are these guys doing the niche thing/online marketing? I thought Google all but killed that off with the last engine update ie the sites have to be really relevant content heavy for them to be high up.

They are creating inbound links to sites, inbound links will always boost a site, regardless of content. All else being equal of course.

What im saying is...

Good content + more inbound links will outrank the same good content with less inbound links.

And poor/less content + more inbound links will outrank the same poor/less content with less inbound links.

Yes google are always updating their algorithms to make 'manipulations' less and less effective but inbound links still give some google juice all else being equal.

So these SEO guys will go onto as many sites as possible in a days work and link back to said site. They dont care about getting people to go to the site, thats not what they are doing or why they are putting the links on here (im sure you are aware of this username, sounds like you know the deal, im just mentioning it for others)

they just want google and other engines to find the link.

SPAM / SEO posts 13 Jun 2013 22:22 #8

• cantata
  • Silver Member
...... so they're hoping to entice ALL THREE OF US into visiting their site and buying a brown jacket, black trousers and black shoes....

:roll:

SPAM / SEO posts 13 Jun 2013 22:27 #9

• novum
  • Platinum Member
cantata wrote:
...... so they're hoping to entice ALL THREE OF US into visiting their site and buying a brown jacket, black trousers and black shoes....

:roll:

No thats someone else. :chuckle:

Didnt you read my post :spank: The SEO guys arent trying to directly entice anyone to the site via these kinds of posts, other than google bots. :chuckle:

The win for them is when the site appears and ranks high in searches on search engine results when real people are actually searching for the relevant products with the relevant keywords.

The posts and links put up here make the sites rank higher when real people do searches on google.

We are just being used as a mule. :hahano:
Last Edit: 13 Jun 2013 22:28 by novum.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

SPAM / SEO posts 13 Jun 2013 22:28 #10

• username
novum wrote:
(im sure you are aware of this username, sounds like you know the deal, im just mentioning it for others)

I briefly flirted with the idea once, just around the time of a google update so their was a lot of negativity, decided too much hassle.

Mrs Username and I have a dream of buying some land mortgage free in a decade or so. We're always on the look out for minimal time ways of acheiving the dream

SPAM / SEO posts 13 Jun 2013 22:34 #11

• novum
  • Platinum Member
username wrote:
I briefly flirted with the idea once, just around the time of a google update so their was a lot of negativity, decided too much hassle.

Mrs Username and I have a dream of buying some land mortgage free in a decade or so. We're always on the look out for minimal time ways of acheiving the dream

Yes google algorithm changes can make or break a site.

Some peoples traffic and hence sales can all but cease to exist when google shuffles things around, thats where the negativity comes from, its make or break for some people who sell online.

Ive read about people whos sites ranked high in searches and they were doing well with online sales, only for it to all come crashing down when google changes things and their site no longer comes up for said product in the results.

Some people love Matt Cutts, some hate him. :chuckle:

Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare