Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Mem­ber feed­back is appre­ci­ated! Don’t be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site bet­ter and more user friendly for our members.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Forum Maintenance Earlier Today Please Report Any Issues

Forum Maintenance Earlier Today Please Report Any Issues 18 May 2014 19:55 #1

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
  • Government is simply a conspiracy against a nation!
Hi,

We carried out some major Forum Maintenance earlier today so please report any issues in this tread.

Before making a report please clear your browser cookies and cache then refresh the page.

If you have a Smart Phone or Tablet that doesn't have TapaTalk installed could you please take a look at the forum using your portable device/s, provide feedback or report any errors you find asap, so we can investigate and hopefully get them fixed.

When you make an error report please state the Device, OS and Browser including versions numbers for the software.

Cheers,

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James
Last Edit: 18 May 2014 19:56 by Frog.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, chandrakavi

Forum Maintenance Earlier Today Please Report Any Issues 19 May 2014 00:58 #2

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Minor smiley issue, I sent you a PM.
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1

Forum Maintenance Earlier Today Please Report Any Issues 19 May 2014 01:20 #3

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
I sent you a PM back.

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James

Forum Maintenance Earlier Today Please Report Any Issues 19 May 2014 01:56 #4

• novum
  • Platinum Member
We've misplaced a few smileys, but we have copies and will get them back onto the forum.

:layrubber:

Forum Maintenance Earlier Today Please Report Any Issues 19 May 2014 15:17 #5

• Jagged Hope
  • Fresh Member
When I first sign in now, it says "access denied" and it goes to a blank page headed "Today's News". I also get a pop up box which is still there on the bottom right hand side of the screen that says "0 users, No One Is Online". :conf:
Last Edit: 19 May 2014 15:18 by Jagged Hope.

Forum Maintenance Earlier Today Please Report Any Issues 19 May 2014 15:23 #6

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Forum Maintenance Earlier Today Please Report Any Issues 19 May 2014 16:13 #7

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
Jagged Hope wrote:
When I first sign in now, it says "access denied" and it goes to a blank page headed "Today's News". I also get a pop up box which is still there on the bottom right hand side of the screen that says "0 users, No One Is Online". :conf:

Hi JH, Yours is the first report I have heard about a login issue. I have been switching between different browsers and clearing my cache regularly and haven't had an errors accessing the site. Could you let me know which browser and OS you're using please?

PFIZIPFEI wrote:

Hi Pfiz, I took a look at the content of that article and note that the links etc. aren't wrapped in BBC tags, which shouldn't be an issue in itself. The link you have placed in the above post isn't wrapped in tags either it its being parsed and rendered correctly, which indicates the site is functioning as expected. That leads me to think something in the code of the offending page is causing a parsing error due some thing not being escaped correctly or something. I have fixed the links in your post by manually adding the BBC tags around the video and url's so they all work now. It may have been one of the special characters that was causing a problem but I'm not sure. If it happens again let me know and I will dig deeper.

User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

Forum Maintenance Earlier Today Please Report Any Issues 19 May 2014 16:30 #8

• Jagged Hope
  • Fresh Member
Hi Frog. Windows 7 Professional and Firefox.

Forum Maintenance Earlier Today Please Report Any Issues 19 May 2014 17:14 #9

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
Jagged Hope wrote:

Are you still getting the error when you login JH? Can you let me know which version of FF you are using? You can find out by going to FF 'Help' > 'About Firefox' where the version should be displayed. Most people using FF 29.x seem to be OK although the panel flashes up on refresh/page load.

Forum Maintenance Earlier Today Please Report Any Issues 19 May 2014 17:54 #10

I can't Edit my account options, and can't log out of the chat room? PC linux OS, firefox.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius

Forum Maintenance Earlier Today Please Report Any Issues 19 May 2014 18:47 #11

• Jagged Hope
  • Fresh Member
Frog wrote:
Jagged Hope wrote:

Are you still getting the error when you login JH? Can you let me know which version of FF you are using? You can find out by going to FF 'Help' > 'About Firefox' where the version should be displayed. Most people using FF 29.x seem to be OK although the panel flashes up on refresh/page load.

FF is 25.0.1. Do I need to update? (I always thought it updated to a new version automatically !)

Forum Maintenance Earlier Today Please Report Any Issues 19 May 2014 19:39 #12

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
Zorro wrote:
I can't Edit my account options, and can't log out of the chat room? PC linux OS, firefox.

My Linux machine had a fatal HD error and I haven't got it back up and running yet. Are you still having problems editing your account? The chatroom thing seems to be the way it works once you enter the door is bolted tight behind you. There is no exit option. From what I have seen you get logged out of a chatroom after a period of inactivity. I think it should also drop you if you log out from the forum.site and log back in which will create a new session.

Let me know how if you see the same behaviour.

Jagged Hope wrote:
Frog wrote:
Jagged Hope wrote:

FF is 25.0.1. Do I need to update? (I always thought it updated to a new version automatically !)

As far as I know there is no support from Mozilla for versions below 29 so upgrading is advisable for security reasons if nothing else, Having said that I have been experiencing some really slow page loads over most sites using FF 29. I do have a lot of add-ons though so it could be one of them causing issues. I have a feeling that the cache is causing some strange things in FF 29 but I haven't investigated that so I maybe wrong.

As much as I hate to say it but you could also try Chrome as a backup browser. You can get the portable version here . You can also find some other alternative browsers there. You can install the portable apps platform on a fixed hard drive and it offeres an auto update solution for the apps.

Last Edit: 19 May 2014 19:42 by Frog.
User(s) who Liked this post: Jagged Hope

Forum Maintenance Earlier Today Please Report Any Issues 19 May 2014 19:41 #13

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Zorro wrote:

Have you tried this link which is in the black toolbar?

truth-zone.net/forum/profile/edit.html

You probably have but just checking.

Forum Maintenance Earlier Today Please Report Any Issues 19 May 2014 19:46 #14

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
novum wrote:
Zorro wrote:

Humm that's a good point there are actually two different profiles on this site. One is your main website account which has different options to the profile under your forum account. The two accounts are associated but not all the data is shared or common.

Forum Maintenance Earlier Today Please Report Any Issues 19 May 2014 20:54 #15

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
I just had

"Resource Limit Reached"

this website has reached its resource limit ..

:conf:
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Forum Maintenance Earlier Today Please Report Any Issues 19 May 2014 21:13 #16

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
Hopefully that was just due to a peek. I have been keeping a bit of an eye on the server and the chat system is quite resource intensive, both in CPU and bandwidth. We will need to pay attention to that - we maybe better off looking for an externally hosted solution? :dunno:

Forum Maintenance Earlier Today Please Report Any Issues 19 May 2014 21:39 #17

novum wrote:
Zorro wrote:

Yep I tried that but nothing works for me.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius

Forum Maintenance Earlier Today Please Report Any Issues 19 May 2014 22:29 #18

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
@zorro,

Could you take a look in the firefox error console to see if any errors are being reported please?

Forum Maintenance Earlier Today Please Report Any Issues 19 May 2014 22:48 #19

No errors showing in the console frog.

Forum Maintenance Earlier Today Please Report Any Issues 19 May 2014 23:40 #20

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
I'm not sure what to suggest other than maybe trying an alternative browser ideally one not based on the FF code base. We have done lots of updates to the core, forum and extensions so I can't really narrow it down to anything specific that has changed. The recent update of the forum is the most obvious suspect but there is a degree of overlap.

I think there must be some form of Java error or conflict that's preventing you running the scripts for the profile options. I have just changed some of the conflict settings but I'm not sure your issue will ve solved by that. If you can have another attempt and get back to me I can change things back again if there is no improvement.

• Page:
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare