Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Mem­ber feed­back is appre­ci­ated! Don’t be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site bet­ter and more user friendly for our members.

TOPIC: Moderators

Moderators 20 May 2014 04:54 #1

• oz93666
  • Fresh Member
  • UK citizen living in Thailand jungle
I can't see that there are any moderators on this forum. Have I not looked hard enough , or is it actually possible to run a forum without censorship? ... what a pity there is a section on rules , do we really need rules ? Decent people don't , and the others will break them anyway.
p.s. Ah... I've just noticed there's a way to alert a moderator about a post , so I guess we need them, is this to for legal reasons, to prevent prosecution?
Last Edit: 20 May 2014 04:58 by oz93666.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Moderators 20 May 2014 05:05 #2

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
  • Government is simply a conspiracy against a nation!
Welcome to the forum.

There is moderate moderation on the site but your welcome to discuss the topics that interest you provided the content is with in the rules.

People here are responsible for their own actions, so if prosecution worries you maybe you should think about what you post here or anywhere else on the web for that matter.

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James

Moderators 20 May 2014 05:40 #3

• oz93666
  • Fresh Member
  • UK citizen living in Thailand jungle
Frog wrote:
Welcome to the forum...... if prosecution worries you maybe you should think about what you post here or anywhere else on the web for that matter.

No...I'm not a trouble maker ... I was wondering in general terms, is it possible to run a forum without moderation , or would some idiot post something that would get you closed down? What are the legal constraints?

Moderators 20 May 2014 06:11 #4

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
  • Government is simply a conspiracy against a nation!
I didn't intend to accuse you of being a trouble maker. I was trying to make the point that as a member you're responsible for your own actions. I suppose you could have a zero moderation policy but it's probably destine to fail due to abuse by people that don't want to act responsibly.

Everyone who posts anything on the web is ultimately responsible for what they say. For example people posting on facebook have been brought to book for what they have said. Facebook itself isn't the issue or the responsible party. So if someone here was braking the rules by posting sexually explicit material or attempting to engage in illegal activities then we would moderate. If we were required to cooperate with an official body we would need to assess the legality of their request, and if we had no option we would be have to provide the information required of us. All of which is made clear in the rules and community guidelines.

We try to be as hands off as possible with the moderation here. The intention is to allow people their freedoms with that comes personal responsibility. Hopefully that's something that members here appreciate and makes this site a little different to other alternatives.

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, PFIZIPFEI, Orangeaid
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare