Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Mem­ber feed­back is appre­ci­ated! Don’t be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site bet­ter and more user friendly for our members.

TOPIC: New Chat System Active

New Chat System Active 01 Dec 2014 04:09 #41

• Seaic
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Cinta wrote:
One more thing. I do like to see who is online though.
I also think that everybody who is online should be shown as online;
and they should not be sneaky and hide themselfs with an off line option.
I would say ... why are they hiding ?

Why does it matter to you? What on Earth could the people who do it have to gain by doing so? Exactly how are they being "sneaky"? If they're online and they want to post, they'll do so. If they're online and don't want to post, then they won't. And if they're offline, they're offline. What difference do those differing scenarios make to you?

And I always show myself as online, by the way. But if other people don't want to, that's fine by me.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

New Chat System Active 01 Dec 2014 10:22 #42

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Cinta wrote:
yeah I am kinda annoyed to clicking that chat thingy away each time I load a new page.

Post 37 on the previous page tells you what to do so that you dont need to always click it away... just turn it off and miminise it, and it stays that way when you browse. truth-zone.net/forum/faq-and-feedback-centre/63575-new-chat-system-active.html?start=20#121459

Cinta wrote:

All forums that i know of have the appear online yes/no aka private surfing feature. I dont see the big deal, its a personal choice.
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
User(s) who Liked this post: Seaic

New Chat System Active 01 Dec 2014 18:01 #43

• Cinta
  • Never Again
  • ''None are more hopelessly enslaved,than those who falsely believe they are free
novum wrote:
Cinta wrote:
yeah I am kinda annoyed to clicking that chat thingy away each time I load a new page.

Post 37 on the previous page tells you what to do so that you dont need to always click it away... just turn it off and miminise it, and it stays that way when you browse. truth-zone.net/forum/faq-and-feedback-centre/63575-new-chat-system-active.html?start=20#121459

Cinta wrote:

All forums that i know of have the appear online yes/no aka private surfing feature. I dont see the big deal, its a personal choice.

Ok.
it is only just last week last mr Oracle accused me of not being Dutch
and having a UK IP flag on TZ
Ofcourse this ridiculous,and I want to see Oracles IP flag too,but he is
too much of a coward to show himself as online.
Oh well never mind.
This kind of disgusting and disrespectful behaviour is condoned here

ORANGEAID verbal abuse

''Cinta is a whore.
I don't change one word I've said.''

truth-zone.net/forum/members-area/67105-open-up-the-clarity-zone-to-all-tz-members-we-need-transparency-and-not-secrecy.html?start=80#209733

New Chat System Active 24 Mar 2015 07:03 #44

• zax
  • Gold Member
novum wrote:
Its 12 usd per year to have that chat, so its only a minor cost, it can stay. :yup:

Tell you what... if people find it intrusive on every page, it can be made to only be there when you go to the chat page via the main menu... so what do people think about that?

It was placed on every page as a means for people to send messages etc, and make chatting easy on the fly as you browse... but as you said zax it isnt being used... so im wondering if people would prefer its not always there on every page of the forum.

Good idea.
Never came back to this thread because the shrink dink suggestion works fine.
But it would be better if it didn't load at every page change and again after each positng.

New Chat System Active 24 Mar 2015 07:17 #45

• novum
  • Platinum Member
zax wrote:
Never came back to this thread because the shrink dink suggestion works fine.
But it would be better if it didn't load at every page change and again after each positng.

I'll turn it off from the site next time im in admin.. i know some people including newcomers wont know how to minimise it, and it 'forgets' to stay minimised when one clears their cookies etc.

It can simply be accessed via the 'Live Chat' main menu item anyway, which opens the chat full size in a new window.

You never know, it might pick up one day :chuckle: ... its not a bad chat platform, especially for the money.
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

New Chat System Active 24 Mar 2015 07:21 #46

• zax
  • Gold Member
:thumbup:

Good deal.
Thanks. :)

New Chat System Active 29 Jan 2018 10:31 #47

• muppetry
  • Fresh Member
Is the 'Live Chat' feature supposed to be currently operational, as it doesn't load up properly for me in Firefox or Opera? It starts to load up and then just permanently hangs it seems.

New Chat System Active 30 Jan 2018 21:13 #48

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Sorry mate that one up there is not operational, the providers seem to have canned it even tho the bill was getting paid, i tried to contact them but no response. Shame as it was a proper chat set up.

Alls we have now is this chat box

truth-zone.net/tz-chatbox.html

I'll get rid of that top link when i get a moment to avoid confusion, or edit it to link to the chatbox that does work perhaps.

1365 = 1

Last Edit: 30 Jan 2018 21:22 by novum.

New Chat System Active 12 Feb 2018 06:45 #49

• muppetry
  • Fresh Member
novum wrote:
I'll get rid of that top link when i get a moment to avoid confusion, or edit it to link to the chatbox that does work perhaps.

This would probably make the most sense in my untechnical opinion. :thumbup: Do you know if many people use the chat box at all? If not, then I would humbly suggest trying to arrange a weekly slot of one hour, preferably on the weekend some time, when most of us are free to engage for a little while. Even better, can we not try to get up and running with another chat provider? :) I can remember when the chat function on DIF wasn't too bad, when it was actually working that is. I honestly reckon that the PTB may have fiddled with it. :(
Last Edit: 12 Feb 2018 06:59 by muppetry.

New Chat System Active 12 Feb 2018 07:21 #50

• novum
  • Platinum Member
muppetry wrote:
novum wrote:

This would probably make the most sense in my untechnical opinion. :thumbup: Do you know if many people use the chat box at all? If not, then I would humbly suggest trying to arrange a weekly slot of one hour, preferably on the weekend some time, when most of us are free to engage for a little while. Even better, can we not try to get up and running with another chat provider? :) I can remember when the chat function on DIF wasn't too bad, when it was actually working that is. I honestly reckon that the PTB may have fiddled with it. :(

Oops doing the menu link slipped my mind :hahano: , thanks for reminding me, should be sorted now.

Its total tumbleweeds in there tbh.. once upon a time the other chatrooms we had got some use.. and we had a thread re. your suggestion too, "I'll be in the chatroom @ whatever o'clock" or something, but that mightve been Sanctum Zone i cant remember so well now.

Which reminds me i better go turn that site on too, i turned it off the other day to fix something and forgot to re-instate it. :emb:

Re. another chat provider.. a good idea but im pressed for time sometimes... our hosting is also quite lowball so hosting the chat ourselves might be a stretch, and im not that much of a fan of 3rd party hosting and them holding the data etc but that doesnt mean im totally against the idea.

When i get the time and inspiration i may have a dig and see what can perhaps work.. again the one we had was good but no explanation as to why they pulled the service.. im thinking it was for 'political' reasons perhaps though, *cough* like you mentioned.

1365 = 1

Last Edit: 12 Feb 2018 07:24 by novum.

New Chat System Active 13 Feb 2018 07:39 #51

• muppetry
  • Fresh Member
novum wrote:
Oops doing the menu link slipped my mind :hahano: , thanks for reminding me, should be sorted now.

Looks that way. :thumbup:

novum wrote:
Its total tumbleweeds in there tbh.. once upon a time the other chatrooms we had got some use.. and we had a thread re. your suggestion too, "I'll be in the chatroom @ whatever o'clock" or something, but that mightve been Sanctum Zone i cant remember so well now.

Yes, I understand, people come and people go. It definitely was ok on DIF for a while though. There would be a few in there most evenings actually.

novum wrote:
Re. another chat provider.. a good idea but im pressed for time sometimes... our hosting is also quite lowball so hosting the chat ourselves might be a stretch, and im not that much of a fan of 3rd party hosting and them holding the data etc but that doesnt mean im totally against the idea.

I don't know much about this sort of thing, but my gut tells me it's best to avoid third party hosting. :ponda:

novum wrote:
When i get the time and inspiration i may have a dig and see what can perhaps work.. again the one we had was good but no explanation as to why they pulled the service.. im thinking it was for 'political' reasons perhaps though, *cough* like you mentioned.

Yes, in this current climate, I could easily believe they pulled your service for political reasons. I don't think the Icke one quite got knocked out of action in the same way though. I think it was technically 'interfered' with, but yes, also for the same political reasons. :(