Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Mem­ber feed­back is appre­ci­ated! Don’t be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site bet­ter and more user friendly for our members.

TOPIC: Error /forum.html 404 you may not have permission to view this page...

Error /forum.html 404 you may not have permission to view this page... 03 Jun 2014 21:47 #1

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
  • Government is simply a conspiracy against a nation!
Hi Folks,

This thread is to help us monitor the 404 error that some people are experiencing that redirects to a url ending in /forum.html.

If you suffer from this please post in this thread with your OS and Browser details including the versions and any other information you think maybe relevant such as time thread etc.

To avoid losing your work it is probably a good idea to open a text editor such as notepad on your desktop. Before you click on the submit button copy and paste the content into the notepad and then submit your post. If the submission fails you can the reverce the process and copy and past the content from notepad into the reply form and try again. It's a bit of a chore but at least you will preserve your efforts.

We are doing what we can to find a solution and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy

Error /forum.html 404 you may not have permission to view this page... 04 Jun 2014 08:29 #2

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Before and after logging in:

Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

But no problem after clicking on Recent.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Error /forum.html 404 you may not have permission to view this page... 04 Jun 2014 08:32 #3

• novum
  • Platinum Member
PFIZIPFEI wrote:

Can you tell us which URL you were on before/when logging in, thanks.
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1

Error /forum.html 404 you may not have permission to view this page... 04 Jun 2014 08:42 #4

• wolfy
  • Silver Member
PFIZIPFEI wrote:

Access Denied

You do not have permissions to access this page.

But no problem after clicking on Recent.

Yes, I had that last night. Couldn't log in on any device but was ok whilst still logged in on phone.

When trying to sign in it just kept refreshing back to the login page as guest.
It was always going to happen!!
Last Edit: 04 Jun 2014 08:43 by wolfy.

Error /forum.html 404 you may not have permission to view this page... 04 Jun 2014 08:46 #5

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Error /forum.html 404 you may not have permission to view this page... 04 Jun 2014 09:07 #6

• novum
  • Platinum Member
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
Im not sure that URL is valid, im not sure where you got it from, the last part is wrong it should be was-a-lie.html#108053 so that gives us

truth-zone.net/forum/general-discussion/63469-what-if-everything-you-were-taught-about-world-war-ii-was-a-lie.html#108053

I dont know how you got the 108053 on the end either, that is the post number, and that post isnt on that thread. For example if you click on post #834 of that thread you get this URL

truth-zone.net/forum/general-discussion/63469-what-if-everything-you-were-taught-about-world-war-ii-was-a-lie.html?start=820#108132

it has 108132 on the end because that is the post number, pertaining to every post on the forum.... #834 means its the 834th post in that thread, that number wont be in the url but is displayed on the right hand side of the black bar above your post.
Last Edit: 04 Jun 2014 09:11 by novum.

Error /forum.html 404 you may not have permission to view this page... 04 Jun 2014 09:27 #7

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
I received this link via email because I follow this thread
and never before had any problems.

Now the website is completely down, even when I use gogol mogol.

While I can access it with hma proxy.

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Error /forum.html 404 you may not have permission to view this page... 04 Jun 2014 09:32 #8

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
test

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Error /forum.html 404 you may not have permission to view this page... 04 Jun 2014 09:48 #9

• novum
  • Platinum Member
PFIZIPFEI wrote:

Ah ok. Do you still have the email... was the poster me?

I made a test post and deleted it, so because that link is another way to directly get to that post, it doesnt end up redirecting to the right place perhaps once the post is deleted. See if it tells you the poster was me in the email

PFIZIPFEI wrote:

We think the host/server is blocking some IPs, you may have to reset it. Yesterday they thought the subscription emails going out were spammers, when they were just members emails.

Error /forum.html 404 you may not have permission to view this page... 04 Jun 2014 09:50 #10

• novum
  • Platinum Member
BTW no one will get subscription emails at the moment, they have been turned off until we sort some things out, just so you know pfiz and that applies to everyone, even me. :hahano:
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

Error /forum.html 404 you may not have permission to view this page... 04 Jun 2014 20:40 #11

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
PFIZIPFEI wrote:

I think you have managed to get your IP on the blacklist due too to many hits of the 403 error. I have been suffering the same fate while trying to discover the root of the issue.

If you visit this site http://www.whatismyip.com/ you can obtain you external public IP address which you can copy 'n paste in a PM to me and I will remove you from the blacklist. Your current IP is obviously the wrong one so I can't determine the IP which has the problem without going back through the history.

This will have to be done for any members who suffer the same fate especially if you have a fixed IP or long lease time on a dynamic IP. Users of mobile devices probably wont suffer to the same extent as your IP is probably dynamic and frequently changes as a matter of course.

Don't forget to disconnect from a proxy if you're using one before you visit http://www.whatismyip.com/ to get your real ext IP.

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James

Error /forum.html 404 you may not have permission to view this page... 04 Jun 2014 20:46 #12

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
@Pfizipfe,

I have lifted the ban on your IP already so you should have no problem accessing the site now.

Error /forum.html 404 you may not have permission to view this page... 04 Jun 2014 22:51 #13

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Frog wrote:
@Pfizipfe,

I have lifted the ban on your IP already so you should have no problem accessing the site now.

Thank you, Frog, how exactly is this possible that my IP got banned and what does this mean?
due too to many hits of the 403 error

I only saw the 403 error once.

To me this was just like the attacks on forums that were "too much non-pc"
- or on pc forums, where I posted "too many non-pc" comments - like the David Icke Forum for example -
which I wittnessed multiple times before ...

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 04 Jun 2014 22:56 by PFIZIPFEI.

Error /forum.html 404 you may not have permission to view this page... 05 Jun 2014 01:43 #14

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
It's possible because it's part of the security policy which prevents brute force attacks and attempted exploits. It's possible to glean information about the server etc. from causing errors and observing the responses of the information displayed as a result. It really depends on the hackers attack vectors against the server or website scripts.

Unfortunately legitimate members can get caught in the traps from time to time and the error we were experiencing was triggering some of the traps. Which lead to some of us getting our IP's black listed I can't tell you how many times I was banned but it was a lot while I was looking into the problem. Hopefully that situation is behind us now.

It had absolutely nothing to do with anything people have posted or outside interference with the site.

I'm not sure why you were banned if you only hit the error once but your IP was definitely trapped and listed for some reason. The process is fully automated and it's based on numerous rules designed prevent possible attempts to gain access to the site or server. Sometimes it makes a wrong call for whatever reason. It doesn't happen often to regular visitors because it tends to be monitoring lower level activity than regular traffic generates. On this occasion the site was triggering errors that could be potential threats which weren't real attempts it was normal members usage getting miss directed.

Another situation that could trigger something like that would be someone attempting to access someone else's account - if they try a certain number of time flags are set and eventually bans and lockouts come in to force.

All of which is normal security for members and our data and we take that seriously even if it does bite us in the butt from time to time.

User(s) who Liked this post: wolfy
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare