Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Mem­ber feed­back is appre­ci­ated! Don’t be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site bet­ter and more user friendly for our members.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Block Button - Kunena User block / ignore feature

Block Button - Kunena User block / ignore feature 12 Jun 2014 17:31 #21

Never used it on Icke, not sure if SZ had one !! Got to read it all :larf:
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Block Button - Kunena User block / ignore feature 12 Jun 2014 18:11 #22

• Zephirop
It's basically what frog said...but also might be worthwhile to hassle the devs a bit...can't hurt...we can't be the only forum that wants it.

It certainly would make the forum look nicer at times if certain posters could have their metaphysical batteries taken out...maybe on a Sunday for instance. :)
Trapped looking back at love through a one way mirror.
Last Edit: 12 Jun 2014 18:12 by Zephirop.
User(s) who Liked this post: Seaic, Timesarrow

Block Button - Kunena User block / ignore feature 12 Jun 2014 21:11 #23

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
  • Government is simply a conspiracy against a nation!
If we could offer an ignore system we certainly would but unfortunately it's simply not an option at this stage.

This forum was primarily developed as a means of offering support and I guess the team that drew up the brief didn't anticipate an influx of trolls in that environment. Little did they know. :O :chuckle:

Novum is going to post on the dev site and I'm sure others have already done that as it's a common feature on many forum platforms. I don't think it will be a priority and it wasn't mentioned on their roadmap as I recall. The development cycle for Joomla is pretty rapped so the devteam have to prioritise keeping their code base compliant with the core code developments. The target is always moving in the world of web development. :twitch:

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James
Last Edit: 12 Jun 2014 21:12 by Frog.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI, Seaic, Timesarrow, Avacyn

Block Button - Kunena User block / ignore feature 13 Jun 2014 04:01 #24

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Ive now started a new thread on kunenas feature request category, asking for this feature, and asking who else might be interested, as well as linking to an older thread where i had asked about it a while ago.

Seems a few people on that other thread (i wasnt the OP of the older thread) would like to see the feature also and were used to having it on other forum platforms.

And FYI's I split off the latter part of this topic as it had ventured off topic.. we can keep this thread about the technical aspect of the feature, the excerpt thread in the public vent room can be used for whatever the rest is.
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
User(s) who Liked this post: Timesarrow

Block Button - Kunena User block / ignore feature 30 Jun 2014 08:44 #25

• zax
  • Gold Member
Timesarrow wrote:
Jagged Hope wrote:
It is annoying when a discussion gets interesting and then it is totally derailed.

But.......it takes two to tango, so if you don't respond, the derailment would die quickly.

I try to remember that, just because you feel you have been wronged/insulted on an internet forum, doesn't mean you have to reply or 'defend yourself'. :)

Like I said though, we're all human, and people will get drawn into it, it's just human nature, and the "ignore them and they'll go away" approach doesn't really work (otherwise I wouldn't be starting this thread). It exhausts me even reading it, so I don't have the energy myself to construct a good post. It's a waste of my energy, whether I engage with them or not, and definitely lowers the whole tone of the place, and undoubtedly puts off other people contributing as they don't want to run the risk of being targetted.

"It's just the internet" doesn't cut it for me - we're still all just as human whether we're talking to someone on-line or off, and as the internet facilitates such a large proportion of social interaction these days - it does matter.

Ignoring alone doesn't work.
But exposing without direct engagement does.
The little gang is tripping over tumbleweeds at their homebase and a tad bit jealous of how things are going here.
But as long as their are folks that take the bait and do the tit for tat with them it feeds the trolling beast.
And they know how to push hot buttons.
Incessant new threads on reliigon is one of them.
Throwing out the anti label and nazi card is another.
The Frogum sees it.Fair play and all.

Patience my friend.
Patience.
Last Edit: 30 Jun 2014 09:09 by zax.

Block Button - Kunena User block / ignore feature 30 Jun 2014 09:18 #26

• Black Cloud
Forums not big enough for ignore option imo if you have a peebs, posting or, belief system, then don't engage with them , move on nothing too see here....Wasn't this bought up on SZ :dunno:
User(s) who Liked this post: spectero

Block Button - Kunena User block / ignore feature 30 Jun 2014 09:54 #27

• KoreBolt
  • Chwilio am y gwirionedd, a bydd yn gosod i chi am ddim.
How about we block all the known trolls until you get the ignore button issue sorted Frog and Novum?

Then once the ignore button appears on here you can unblock the trolls once again.

I think that seems like a fair deal here :)
- KoreBolt

Conspiracy Theorist - A derogatory term used to intimidate critical thinkers and truth seekers. It's not a conspiracy theory if we can prove it. Why can't they answer all our vital questions?
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

Block Button - Kunena User block / ignore feature 30 Jun 2014 10:35 #28

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Black Cloud wrote:
Wasn't this bought up on SZ :dunno:

Yep.. it wasnt wanted there though.. but here there is some demand.

No one has made it for this Kunena forum though, the option to have it still doesnt exist at the moment.

KoreBolt wrote:
How about we block all the known trolls until you get the ignore button issue sorted Frog and Novum?

Then once the ignore button appears on here you can unblock the trolls once again.

Black Cloud makes a good point about not engaging. Im not even sure the ignore feature will happen, its in other peoples hands now.. all i can do is keep the topic active over at Kunena and drum up more support, and hopefully a programmer might step up and make it happen.

Different people are going to have different opinions and so on, it doesnt necessarily mean they are trolling, they just might not agree with you on certain subjects (or all subjects).

Blocking is effectively banning or suspending an account, and especially so if the ignore feature doesnt happen for an extended period of time and we went with what you said... im not for censorship in that way, that is not something i would like to see here.

All i can suggest in all seriousness is scroll past what you dont want to look at and move to the next post. Its what i do. :hahano:
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
User(s) who Liked this post: Frog, Black Cloud, wolfy, Hemingway

Block Button - Kunena User block / ignore feature 30 Jun 2014 10:38 #29

• wolfy
  • Silver Member
KoreBolt wrote:

Known trolls?

I class you as a troll kore.

All you do is comment on other people and don't answer questions pertinent to threads, ignore relevant information and cry to mods.

All the while saying you respect peoples opinions.

Typical troll behaviour.

Can we please ban kore until we have an ignore button please mods.

Only joking, ridiculous isn't it?

:chuckle:
It was always going to happen!!
Last Edit: 30 Jun 2014 11:44 by wolfy.

Block Button - Kunena User block / ignore feature 30 Jun 2014 13:08 #30

• Black Cloud
If an ignore function was put in place, i would be on everyone's ignore list :larf: and it would end up being a one man band show :wissl:

Block Button - Kunena User block / ignore feature 30 Jun 2014 13:32 #31

• Straight Shooter
novum wrote:

Different people are going to have different opinions and so on, it doesnt necessarily mean they are trolling, they just might not agree with you on certain subjects (or all subjects)

I feel sorry for people so simple minded they can't accept this, their lives probably suck.

Block Button - Kunena User block / ignore feature 15 Feb 2015 11:26 #32

• zax
  • Gold Member
novum wrote:
If there was a block/ignore feature available in kunena it would already be here and available, because this has come up before.

There is no such feature available. Only way is to bring it up with the kunena developers as a feature we would like to see implemented, over on their forum in the relevant place and perhaps they might do this in the future... i will let kunena know.

Thanks.
Scrolling by the posts works fine though. :D
  • Page:
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare