Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Mem­ber feed­back is appre­ci­ated! Don’t be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site bet­ter and more user friendly for our members.

TOPIC: Some nice useful buttons are being lost for me >>> See Image I made.........

Some nice useful buttons are being lost for me >>> See Image I made......... 14 Jul 2014 10:11 #1

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • You have the Right NOT to Vote! = for EVIL!

How are you guys? ........... is it me again which is playing; or some of you guys?

Something is truly strange here Today ?
If its not on my end .............. it must be on the other end!

Some nice useful buttons are just being lost in lah, lah land for me :ponda: :dunno:

Today I figured out & learned two things:

1) I know now that >>>>>> the Maximum Page length is set to exactly 65,535 characters ~ 63.9 KB
Because I was wondering why my entered text into the message box & everything was nicely viewable in Preview ; but after saving it, it always had something of my entered text missing on the end :conf: :iitm: :dunno:

So I was trying & trying to figure this out because I was thinking its on my end here??
but then it finally came to me the page limit was reached! :yerright: :noway: (there was no warning!) >>>

>>> Expose most of you will never end up with longer postings; but encase you do; be aware should you ever end up with a longer posting which gets over the max; character limit & Forums setting of .65,535 Chr, including spaces! the end of your post will be cut off & its unrecoverable! :P

Note:
You can easily enter all the text data into the editing message box & you also can Preview all in its entirety; but once you saved the Post and if it was over length it will be chopped off the end!

--- One more small minor problem I noticed ...........
Sometimes I re-edit my posting & it added something to the end of my original posting;
which was not there in the original already saved posting :conf: :dunno:

2 ) 100% Something is missing today & I'm getting this shown below in the Image .........
Is it just me again; or on the Forums end :dunno:

So how would I get to my own started topics if the button is gone now?

a) I get to my Profile OK by clicking my user name & I can get to = >>-- >
>>--- > ( Posts Favorites Thank You > No problem! -- My Topics My Op's )

b) But what's about the own started Op's (My Op's) Is handy for quick referencing & overviews :conf: :dunno:

If I look at it in general: >>>>
Actually the (Recent Posts) link in the black strip above is already covering the way to your own (Recent) = so this button could be made obsolete!

Actually the (Private Messages) link in the black strip above is already covering the way to your own (PM's) = so this button could be made obsolete!

Also the (Search Forum ) link shows in the black strip above covering the way to your own (Search ) = so this button could also be made obsolete!

The (Edit forum profile ) = only use for the Forum mod's; which only ends up any user on a error page!

But the (My Op's | My Topics ) = I thing is nice to have for quick access and reverencing & you can see your Op's status view counts already optioned overall on your own Topics!

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 14 Jul 2014 12:00 by Mario.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Some nice useful buttons are being lost for me >>> See Image I made......... 14 Jul 2014 10:19 #2

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Mario wrote:
2 ) 100% Something is missing today & I'm getting this shown below in the Image .........
Is it just me again; or on the Forums end :dunno:

So how would I get to my own started topics if the button is gone now?

a) I get to my Profile OK by clicking my user name & I can get to = >>-- >
>>--- > ( Posts Favorites Thank You My Topics My Op's ) > No problem!

b) But what's about the own started Op's (My Op's) Is handy for quick referencing & overviews :conf: :dunno:

@ oiram @

Hi mario, those tabs are showing and working for me at the moment and i havent seen/noticed them play up.

It seems to me like a possible cookie issue on your end, like the forum is in part behaving like you arent logged in.

Because those tabs arent available when you arent logged in.

If anyone else has this issue please let us know here.
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1
User(s) who Liked this post: Mario

SOLVED! >> Only a Cookie problem! -Some nice useful buttons are being lost for me >>> See Image I made......... 14 Jul 2014 11:47 #3

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • You have the Right NOT to Vote! = for EVIL!
novum wrote:
Hi mario, those tabs are showing and working for me at the moment and i havent seen/noticed them play up.
It seems to me like a possible cookie issue on your end, like the forum is in part behaving like you arent logged in.
Because those tabs arent available when you arent logged in.
If anyone else has this issue please let us know here.
I was thinking you guys done some maintenance work over there :emb:

I did clear all my Cache but forgot about my Cookies ........... next time I remember!

Yep!! ......... you absolutely right on the mark!

I cleared the (truth-zone Cookie) & re logged in & its all back to normal!

Great > > > > > > Solved > > > > > > > >
Note:
Should I just delete my posting or leave it in case others ending up with the same problem?
@ oiram @
Last Edit: 14 Jul 2014 12:25 by Mario.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum

Some nice useful buttons are being lost for me >>> See Image I made......... 14 Jul 2014 12:30 #4

• novum
  • Platinum Member
I say leave the post because it might happen to others yep. :up:
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare