Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Mem­ber feed­back is appre­ci­ated! Don’t be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site bet­ter and more user friendly for our members.

TOPIC: Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 10 Nov 2014 21:51 #1

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum
So this thread was created following this discussion on the video thread...
Zorro wrote:
novum wrote:
Zorro wrote:
Just changing the top banner for a more attractive theme would be a start Nov, and that's all you need to do really. The current theme of the top banner in my honest opinion is very bland and tacky, and uninteresting. Eye candy and visuals are very important, even on a forum interface.

Ok then, we need a banner thread? :chuckle:

I agree it can be better... something modern looking and perhaps a different slogan.

Perhaps even slightly thinner also, to compact the site a little more.

Im no artist btw, so i dont think i will be making anything decent anytime soon. :hahano:

Good, sorted then. lets see what we can come up with. A more interesting banner will benefit the forum massively in my opinion. I'll let you do the honours of starting the banner thread nov. :hahano:

At the moment we have this up there...

Image size is 150px high by 980px wide. The site width is fixed so any new banner has to be 980px .. the height could be the same, or thinner perhaps, though making it the same would be easier. :yup:

The background color at the top of the site (as well as the dark 'swirls' in the vortex ... is #061e36

So if anyone has any ideas, or is any good with graphics and can put something together...
Last Edit: 10 Nov 2014 21:53 by novum.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Zorro

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 04:04 #2

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum
Those last two might be a bit controversial around here. :hahano: :ponda: :wissl: :twitch:

The first one looks nice and clean.

Im a bit busy now but will take a closer look at all of this when i get a moment.

Slogan ideas are welcome too.. we might come up with something better :dunno: :ponda: maybe, maybe not. Tho i think what we have as the slogan isnt too bad when i think about it.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 04:52 #3

• Zorro
  • Voluntarily Inactive
How about something like this to spice the home panel up a bit..

Just joking with the last one.. :hahano:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 11 Nov 2014 05:36 by Zorro.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 05:40 #4

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum
ok.. honest thoughts on the above .. firstly i think the background and graphics look good.. but i have some thoughts about the slogan...

1. Not everyone here is like minded, and likely never will be. :chuckle:

2. I think we should stay away from 'alternative' kind of words, because, well, truth is truth and we should hope that it becomes mainstream eventually, so id like to project that.. instead of the 'alternative' thing.

3. the site is more than just a forum, so when that banner is on all of the pages (it will be by default) ... i guess we need to avoid labelling it as a forum, as its more than that... and even though the other parts of it arent really utilized, they might be used more in the future... i guess we should use the word 'site' with those kinds of slogans.

Just telling it how it comes to me... and no harm in putting ideas out.

EDIT: we may already have some wankers here. :wissl: :larf:
Last Edit: 11 Nov 2014 05:43 by novum.
User(s) who Liked this post: Orangeaid

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 05:45 #5

• Zorro
  • Voluntarily Inactive
O.k, the No Wankers slogan it is then.. :hahano:

Just joking mate. I like the dark blue background and Gold Truth zone graphics too. It should also go O.k with the blue and white interface. Any suggestions about the slogan?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
User(s) who Liked this post: Orangeaid

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 06:03 #6

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum
We could go with the slogan we have now, on your banner, and get the banner up there? :ponda: Just a thought.

Then if something better comes to us it can be changed, no biggie. :cool:

I mean google changes their header like every week and they do ok. :hahano:

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 06:06 #7

• Zorro
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Which one, the one with the key? Yeah, it's easy to just change the slogan anyways. Go for it and see what it looks like.

Truth Zone site banner and slogan (never search for given truth; but expose the veil of lies.) 11 Nov 2014 06:25 #8

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • You have the Right NOT to Vote! = for EVIL!
The logical reality slogan line should be.

truth needs no investigation but all lies require identification.

;)

Truth its all & everything always fixed & static; but lies is what covers up all truth.
Truth needs no investigation; but lies do to lift the veil for the already existing truth to appear.

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 20 Dec 2018 22:01 by Zorro.
User(s) who Liked this post: Gan Anim

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 06:32 #9

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum
Zorro wrote:
Which one, the one with the key? Yeah, it's easy to just change the slogan anyways. Go for it and see what it looks like.

I think the one with the key is more interesting, less plain, yep. :yup:

Truth Zone site banner and slogan (never search for given truth; but expose the veil of lies.) 11 Nov 2014 07:01 #10

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum
Mario wrote:
Truth needs no investigation; but lies do to lift the veil for the already existing truth to appear.

Not bad :ponda: True.. and accurate...

or other variations that imply lies but dont use that word... Truth needs no investigation, but the rest... ... or similar.

I really like the first part "Truth needs no investigation," ... the second half could use some brainstormin perhaps. :ponda:

Tho im thinking using the word 'lies' etc in the slogan is a little bit full on. :ponda:

This might sound off to some but as ive said before i think we need to give this place a mainstream kind of feel... at least at first glance (getting stuck into reading posts is another story) .. i think thats what they fear and dislike the most. :ponda:

Though what you wrote there seems worthy of being somewhere on the site.

I think any slogan has to be kinda short-ish, dunno.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 07:19 #11

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum
novum wrote:
Zorro wrote:

I think the one with the key is more interesting, less plain, yep. :yup:

Well its up there now. i think we should go with the slogan we had though for now (its in the OP) ... until we decide on something else... the 'forum' thing has to go for one, for reasons i already mentioned. :chuckle:

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 07:21 #12

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • You have the Right NOT to Vote! = for EVIL!
truth needs no investigation; but lies need eradicating.
truth needs no investigation & lies need eradicating.
truth needs no investigation & lies require eradication.
truth needs no investigation & lies require elimination.
truth needs no investigation & lies require exploration.
truth needs no investigation & lies require identification.
truth needs no investigation but all lies require identification.

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 11 Nov 2014 22:14 by Mario.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 07:30 #13

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum
Ive changed the menu to grey also, i think its a decent looking change, a bit of contrast instead of so much blue.. i think it looks better.

Its one of the default colors in the template so easy to change, no messing about with css, just the click of a mouse.. the other default colors are no good other than blue.. they are green, pink and red. :noway:
Last Edit: 11 Nov 2014 07:33 by novum.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 08:01 #14

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
I like those and the idea Mario

How about more simply
truth-zone

Learning the truth and exposing the lies

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 08:29 #15

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum
TRUTH ZONE

Where your voice can be heard

:ponda:

Im not sure we need the hyphen between truth and zone either.. i mean thats there for the URL because, well for one i think its good to seperate the words in the URL, but also, truthzone.everything decent is already taken. :chuckle:

But for the site header, i think we should lose the hyphen perhaps? :dunno: Why is it needed when it can just be a space?

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 08:42 #16

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member

....srsly ... I agree, there's no need for the hyphen in the name Truth Zone. That should be left as domain name only.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 08:57 #17

• wolfy
  • Silver Member
All the best logos are very simple.

Think Google, Facebook etc.
It was always going to happen!!

:)

Ragnarok = Druid 2 !! :)

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 09:37 #18

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum
I think the SZ one is quite good actually, feather did a good job there... its quite simple but looks good.
User(s) who Liked this post: wolfy

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 09:45 #19

• wolfy
  • Silver Member
novum wrote:
I think the SZ one is quite good actually, feather did a good job there... its quite simple but looks good.

The font used on the new one makes me think I need glasses.
It was always going to happen!!

:)

Ragnarok = Druid 2 !! :)

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 09:49 #20

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum
wolfy wrote:
The font used on the new one makes me think I need glasses.

Its a work in progress... and yes the font isnt looking too sharp, i agree.
Moderators: novum, rodin