Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Mem­ber feed­back is appre­ci­ated! Don’t be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site bet­ter and more user friendly for our members.

TOPIC: Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 09:53 #21

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
Just a slightly pedantic point.

It's not truth seeking, it's bullshit seeking, when the bullshit is identified and removed from information then the truth remains. That's the truth.

So it's not truth seeking, it's bullshit seeking.

Edit, and it's not alternative, the BS is alternative, I agree with what you wrote about that word novnov.

It gives the impression that it's only a style that is wanted. Like reading the NME makes someone a truth seeker in the music industry. So what's needed is a better word, such as 'open' rather than alternative views.

I don't see why we need to self identify as alternative nerds.
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Last Edit: 11 Nov 2014 10:02 by Frothy.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 10:02 #22

• novum
  • Platinum Member
wolfy wrote:
All the best logos are very simple.

Think Google, Facebook etc.

Logo Maker :right: atomurl.net/logomaker/gstyle.php

:chuckle:

I actually dont mind the adidas font

He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1
User(s) who Liked this post: wolfy, Orangeaid

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 10:06 #23

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
And I don't see why the message has to discriminate against folk who are not 'like minded'

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 10:16 #24

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
My suggestion would be something like....

''A forum for people to discuss the lies that they are given, a place where views can be shared in open debate''.

That way it's going to be more inclusive.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 10:29 #25

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
novum wrote:
wolfy wrote:
All the best logos are very simple.

Think Google, Facebook etc.

Logo Maker :right: atomurl.net/logomaker/gstyle.php

Too Bikerdruid for me!

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 10:41 #26

• novum
  • Platinum Member
A title idea, its not the whole banner...

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 11:43 #27

• novum
  • Platinum Member

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 11:55 #28

novum wrote:
I like that banner at the bottom, pretty cool.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 12:08 #29

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
The key and it's background doesn't sit well with the rest of the banner. Can the key be used elsewhere?

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 12:47 #30

• novum
  • Platinum Member
leather clad prowler wrote:

I like that banner at the bottom, pretty cool.

I dont mind it myself, but still isnt the 'one' i dont think. :hahano:

I might put that one up now see how it looks.

BTW if anyone knows how to use googles webmaster tools or firefox equivalent, you can outside click the top banner, inspect element, and replace the url of the banner with the url of any of the banners in this thread, too see what it looks like.. open another forum page to compare them etc.
Last Edit: 11 Nov 2014 12:51 by novum.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 13:10 #31

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
Nov's off to a moon party! :hahano:

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 13:18 #32

I don't like the new forum banner, it looks very tacky, it's unoriginal and has the appearance of being from a template in my opinion, or something that took somebody just 5 mins to make. The gold writing also looked much much better. This banner is hardly an improvement on the last one.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 11 Nov 2014 13:19 by Return of Zorro.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 13:20 #33

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Orangeaid wrote:

Well i dont like it. :hahano: ... Its not the final solution. :wissl:

I couldnt really tolerate the slogan in Zorros banner anymore tho :hahano: , and he isnt around now to re-do it.

For a slogan heres another idea.. well, its written at the bottom of the site, i reworded it slightly.

Truth Zone
A place to express and discuss your views on the news and world events.

:ponda:

... we'll keep brainstorming i think. :wissl: :hahano:

At least im kind of happy with the change to the grey menu.. i think it looks better, and also less like the other joint now. :wissl:

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 13:23 #34

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Zorro wrote:
I don't like the new forum banner, it looks very tacky, it's unoriginal and has the appearance of being from a template in my opinion, or something that took somebody just 5 mins to make. The gold writing also looked much much better. This banner is hardly an improvement on the last one.

I dont like it either. :hahano: Its only been up a few minutes, yours was up for quite a while.

The text in your banner tho, the slogan, was kind of strange looking :dunno: Or is it just me? ... i think wolfy was getting at the same thing.

If you want to re-do the key one with a different slogan i'll put it up.. .we could go with the original slogan for now... a one way ticket to reality

and since you'll have the template, it can be changed if we decide on a better slogan.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 13:24 #35

novum wrote:
Orangeaid wrote:

Well i dont like it. :hahano: ... Its not the final solution. :wissl:

I couldnt really tolerate the slogan in Zorros banner anymore tho :hahano: , and he isnt around now to re-do it.

For a slogan heres another idea.. well, its written at the bottom of the site, i reworded it slightly.

Truth Zone
A place to express and discuss your views on the news and world events.

:ponda:

... we'll keep brainstorming i think. :wissl: :hahano:

At least im kind of happy with the change to the grey menu.. i think it looks better, and also less like the other joint now. :wissl:
I'm here now, just let me know what you want for a slogan, and I'll work on some designs, the Gold Truth-zone loggo is best though, plain writing looks tacky., and I hate tackiness. :chuckle: The Grey works btw.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 11 Nov 2014 13:28 by Return of Zorro.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 13:28 #36

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Zorro wrote:
I'm here now, just let me know what you want for a banner, and I'll work on some designs, the Gold Truth-zone loggo is best though, plain writing looks tacky., and I hate tackiness. :chuckle: The Grey works btw.

I had this up for quite a while, tho i think you went offline around about when i put it up.

I think this one, but just change the slogan to ' a one way ticket to reality' for now.. plus perhaps lose the hyphen between truth and zone if thats not too much trouble?
User(s) who Liked this post: Orangeaid

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 13:33 #37

novum wrote:
Zorro wrote:
I'm here now, just let me know what you want for a banner, and I'll work on some designs, the Gold Truth-zone loggo is best though, plain writing looks tacky., and I hate tackiness. :chuckle: The Grey works btw.

I had this up for quite a while, tho i think you went offline around about when i put it up.

I think this one, but just change the slogan to ' a one way ticket to reality' for now.. plus perhaps lose the hyphen between truth and zone if thats not too much trouble?

No worries mate, just give me half an hour. That's not the finished product either by the way, it can be tweaked and changed to anything. I'm going to be working on this on and off today, so will put plenty more designs up, just let me know which one you think is best. is there any s[specific picture you would like added to the banner as well as changing the slogan?

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 13:40 #38

• novum
  • Platinum Member
No not really, no pic in mind.

And yep i realise you can do more to it.

I have to go now tho, so i wont be around in half an hour, but i'll put it up when i get back on, no probs... I put the old one back up for now.

Im glad you think the grey toolbar/menu works.. because i do too, i think its an improvement and still fits in well with the colours we have.

I also experimented with changing the blue background colours with various shades of grey and even tending towards white, but i didnt think it looked any better, worse infact. I can do that with chromes webmaster tools, change the colours too see how it looks, without actually uploading changes.

So I think as it is now but with the right banner we're probably doing ok as far as appearance goes. :ponda:

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 13:49 #39

Here for now..

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 16:27 #40

Zorro wrote:
Here for now..

THAT looks rather good, but Im easily pleased and pissed up, having had plenty of beer at the legion :larf:
User(s) who Liked this post: Return of Zorro, Seaic
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare