Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Mem­ber feed­back is appre­ci­ated! Don’t be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site bet­ter and more user friendly for our members.

TOPIC: Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 16:31 #41

I'm not sure if it works to be honest, we'll get there in the end. If anybody has any suggestions for a design or any pictures to add then I'll slap a template together. Suggestions for good slogans also welcome. Here's one or two more. I think the Gold effect Truth zone works, it's different and doesn't look tacky like plain colours do.. we don't have to go with any of these, it's just ideas at the moment, and we can work from there. each one takes about 10-15 mins to make, but time isn't an issue at the moment. I think it's best to keep the theme blue in line with the forum interface.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 11 Nov 2014 16:32 by Return of Zorro.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: wolfy

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 16:35 #42

Zorro wrote:
I'm not sure if it works to be honest, we'll get there in the end. If anybody has any suggestions for a design or any pictures to add then I'll slap a template together. Suggestions for good slogans also welcome. Here's one or two more. I think the Gold effect Truth zone works, it's different and doesn't look tacky like plain colours do.. we don't have to go with any of these, it's just ideas at the moment, and we can work from there. each one takes about 10-15 mins to make, but time isn't an issue at the moment. I think it's best to keep the theme blue in line with the forum interface.

Its down to personel preference, put a selection up and take a vote ala SZ, 24hrs and its shut then most popular wins :O :larf:

Or let the Fuhrer decide :thumbup:
User(s) who Liked this post: wolfy

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 17:03 #43

• irongate
  • Fresh Member
I'll give this a go... :) I like graphics.

IG

EDIT, just whipped this up - it's simple, overly so - quick loading and good for mobiles and tablets. only 17kb as well.

I'll do a few more.
Out between ideas of wrong doing,

and right doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there - Jalaluddin Rumi
Last Edit: 11 Nov 2014 17:43 by irongate. Reason: adding image
User(s) who Liked this post: Return of Zorro

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 17:50 #44

irongate wrote:
I'll give this a go... :) I like graphics.

IG

EDIT, just whipped this up - it's simple, overly so - quick loading and good for mobiles and tablets. only 17kb as well.

I'll do a few more.
The idea is good, but the text is too plain. Plain text looks rubbish in my opinion. It's too bland and windows 8 look if you get what I'm saying?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
User(s) who Liked this post: irongate

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 18:12 #45

• irongate
  • Fresh Member
yes, I was going with the whole sign board theme, so the font had to be like that.

I have a very wide selection of fonts to choose from, but don't know what peeps here would like to see..I'll keep going and throw some out here.

Here's another one:

same font again lol... I'll mess with some others.

The background colour has been matched to the BG of the site (blue gradient fade) so if this one is used, you won't see the blue - only the white - it will sit nice.

IG

I thought it best to get the font style settled on first, the rest can be built around that imo.

So, I put these together quick

Your thoughts are welcome.

and right doing,

there is a field...

Last Edit: 11 Nov 2014 18:57 by irongate. Reason: adding image
User(s) who Liked this post: Return of Zorro, wolfy

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 19:37 #46

Just as a Suggestion I think a grey bare metal type theme would work with the Grey interface. The Slogan is a joke by the way.. but it's the truth.. :larf:

User(s) who Liked this post: Orangeaid

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 20:03 #47

• irongate
  • Fresh Member
lol man :D

i like this one

IG

and right doing,

there is a field...

Last Edit: 11 Nov 2014 20:05 by irongate.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 20:19 #48

irongate wrote:
lol man :D

i like this one

IG

Not Bad. I think we should put some more together then let the other members vote, then access which one's we think work best. Yes? I'm working on another one at the moment. Silver and blue theme.
Last Edit: 12 Nov 2014 03:52 by Return of Zorro.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 20:35 #49

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Zorro wrote:
Not Bad. I think we should put some more together then let the other members vote, then asses which one's we think work best. Yes? I'm working on another one at the moment. Silver and blue theme.

I think thats the way to go. :up: I think the silver - greys could work too.. of course we can put them up and see.

I also think we should lose the hyphen :wissl: between truth and zone. :thumbup:

Im liking the 'welcome to reality' slogan too.. not sure its the 'one' ( :chuckle: ) but im thinking to put this one up for a while and see how it looks?

He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1
Last Edit: 11 Nov 2014 20:38 by novum.
User(s) who Liked this post: Orangeaid, irongate

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 20:49 #50

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
novum wrote:
Zorro wrote:
Not Bad. I think we should put some more together then let the other members vote, then asses which one's we think work best. Yes? I'm working on another one at the moment. Silver and blue theme.

I think thats the way to go. :up: I think the silver - greys could work too.. of course we can put them up and see.

I also think we should lose the hyphen :wissl: between truth and zone. :thumbup:

Im liking the 'welcome to reality' slogan too.. not sure its the 'one' ( :chuckle: ) but im thinking to put this one up for a while and see how it looks?

I prefer this one to the space key one, and the slogan is better now that it's short and to the point.
Once a hyena always a hyena.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 20:50 #51

• irongate
  • Fresh Member
hold that thought Novum, I got a little busy with the one above and...

i'm thinking of removing the text around the circle - not sure about that.

I haven't finished messing around yet, there's a still a few ideas I wanna try out, but if you wanna change for the mean time, by all means :)

Welcome to Reality - this can be changed, I just threw it in there for the time being. Suggestions welcome! :)

EDIT:

with Novum's suggested changes (no hyphen, removed text around circle[my idea])

IG

and right doing,

there is a field...

Last Edit: 11 Nov 2014 21:17 by irongate.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 21:02 #52

• novum
  • Platinum Member
irongate wrote:
Welcome to Reality - this can be changed, I just threw it in there for the time being. Suggestions welcome! :)

I kinda like the welcome to reality, as BT said its short and to the point.

I think short slogans work... just do it .. etc etc.

Perhaps lose the hyphen betwen truth and zone tho. :chuckle: I think it looks cleaner that way.

I think we could go with the 'welcome to reality' slogan for now in any banner thats put up here for consideration? :ponda:

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 21:18 #53

• irongate
  • Fresh Member
in case you miss it Novum,

(no hyphen + removed text around circle)

and plainer version (no HUD)

IG

and right doing,

there is a field...

Last Edit: 11 Nov 2014 21:23 by irongate. Reason: adding pic
User(s) who Liked this post: wolfy, Asva

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 21:21 #54

• Asva
  • Fresh Member
irongate wrote:
hold that thought Novum, I got a little busy with the one above and...

i'm thinking of removing the text around the circle - not sure about that.

I haven't finished messing around yet, there's a still a few ideas I wanna try out, but if you wanna change for the mean time, by all means :)

EDIT:

with Novum's suggested changes (no hyphen, removed text around circle[my idea])

IG

:thumbup:
I like the radar element IG, subtle enough, but adds a bit of a dynamic flow to the overall graphic
I'm afraid anything I would come up with would still be on a bit of paper, drawn with a 6B pencil :larf:

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 21:22 #55

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • You have the Right NOT to Vote! = for EVIL!
@ oiram @
Last Edit: 11 Nov 2014 22:13 by Mario.
User(s) who Liked this post: Return of Zorro, irongate

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 21:32 #56

• irongate
  • Fresh Member
i wasn't happy with the glow on the TRUTH ZONE text so I fixed that.

looks much better now :)

and right doing,

there is a field...

User(s) who Liked this post: Return of Zorro, Mario

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 21:33 #57

• novum
  • Platinum Member
irongate wrote:
in case you miss it Novum,

(no hyphen + removed text around circle)

and plainer version (no HUD)

IG

Looking good, i dont mind the radar either.. not sure about the join now :ponda: ... i dont think its necessary, especially since ive added a message for people not logged in, about registering etc... which shows at the top of the forum (when not logged in ie for visitors / non members )

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 21:41 #58

irongate wrote:
i wasn't happy with the glow on the TRUTH ZONE text so I fixed that.

looks much better now :)

I think the city and radar theme works, still not a fan of the plane white text though. It's give me an idea to work on a similar theme.. :hahano:

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 21:57 #59

• Asva
  • Fresh Member
Yeah, bring back the radar- have we gone all stealth like? :hahano:

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 11 Nov 2014 21:59 #60

Truth Zone
Welcome to the mind fuck :twitch:
User(s) who Liked this post: Seaic, irongate
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare