Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Mem­ber feed­back is appre­ci­ated! Don’t be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site bet­ter and more user friendly for our members.

TOPIC: Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 13 Nov 2014 03:53 #81

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
novum wrote:
irongate wrote:
It's an interesting idea. Requires finding a similar shot and doing some cloning... can be done. But like you say Novum, it's not straight forward easy. When I have time, I'll give it a shot :)

Yea sometimes simple is best.

As a rough idea this is the kind of thing... obviously without the base image etc these wont look right as it interferes with the logo etc, but you get the idea...

It also makes the radar not show so well as theres not enough contrast when its lighter under it.

You could do a bunch of work and it looks worse than the original, so im not sure its worth it.

Im still liking the slogan, nice and short.. i noticed another member just used it near the end of one of their videos here too. :D

I like the idea of the radar bit being the 'They Live' glasses that see through the hex.
I like the slogan too, what's needed imo in the radar-o-scope is that type of natural lifestyle you have there, perhaps a magnified image of innocence, though I have no idea how to produce one.
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: irongate

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 13 Nov 2014 04:29 #82

• irongate
  • Fresh Member
You just gave me a good idea - it can work in the video (gonna try it this weekend)... As a still image though, which is limited in size (banner) it's hard to tick every box without it coming over too busy.

I thought, a simple birds eye view of the concrete jungle with a radar over it, could get the pineal gland doing the work for us. Leaves much to the imagination - I mean, so far no one has said "it looks like someone is gonna bomb the area" - or "are we re-planning the city?". Instead, peeps here have all interpreted their own ideas as to what it could mean, or represent :)

Welcome to Reality - questions is, which one? :) I'm liking TZ.

IG

EDIT: An uncanny realisation just came to me... I had come up with the slogan for VigilantForums.com "Educate Your Opinion"... if someone had told me back then that I'd come up with another, they'd have gotten a happy slap :D but hey, it did happen, right here... how uncanny is that? I'm weirded out lol
Out between ideas of wrong doing,

and right doing,

there is a field...

...I'll meet you there - Jalaluddin Rumi
Last Edit: 13 Nov 2014 04:51 by irongate.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, Frothy

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 13 Nov 2014 08:12 #83

• Annakissd
  • Fresh Member
That current one up there now...
Me likey :up:
What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.
Last Edit: 13 Nov 2014 08:13 by Annakissd.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI, irongate

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 13 Nov 2014 08:23 #84

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
Blue_Tackler wrote:
novum wrote:
irongate wrote:
It's an interesting idea. Requires finding a similar shot and doing some cloning... can be done. But like you say Novum, it's not straight forward easy. When I have time, I'll give it a shot :)

Yea sometimes simple is best.

As a rough idea this is the kind of thing... obviously without the base image etc these wont look right as it interferes with the logo etc, but you get the idea...

It also makes the radar not show so well as theres not enough contrast when its lighter under it.

You could do a bunch of work and it looks worse than the original, so im not sure its worth it.

Im still liking the slogan, nice and short.. i noticed another member just used it near the end of one of their videos here too. :D

I like the idea of the radar bit being the 'They Live' glasses that see through the hex.
I like the slogan too, what's needed imo in the radar-o-scope is that type of natural lifestyle you have there, perhaps a magnified image of innocence, though I have no idea how to produce one.

I don't like to bump my own post, it's just easier to keep track.

What I was thinking was to keep it as it is but if an image is going to be inserted into the radar'd area, perhaps the face of an innocent someone who appears to have realized the implications of their surrounding.

IE the radar has found a truth seeker, like their looking up at the forum.

Course not my beautiful face. :nono:

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 13 Nov 2014 14:12 #85

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
How about changing the hand on the home page.

There's nothing wrong with the hand but it looks out dated now due to the new banner.

I suggest a reflective eye

Not that eye per se, and then the logo can be in the eye reflection, :dunno:

Or

Last Edit: 13 Nov 2014 14:35 by Frothy.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 13 Nov 2014 14:32 #86

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Annakissd wrote:
That current one up there now...
Me likey :up:

Me, too.
Although it's quite dark, has a threatening vibe and is making me a bit depressive ;)
At least this corresponds completely with reality.

The slogan is perfect.
I like the writing style very much, clear, attracting attention and no place for interpretation,
makes you very curious and want to see more.

I think it should stay like this.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 13 Nov 2014 14:35 by PFIZIPFEI.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, irongate

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 14 Nov 2014 00:06 #87

Agreed, the new site banner is pretty good, and the best design yet. I don't think much needs changing on it really, without over complicating things. The only thing I would think about changing is the style of the text perhaps. Keep it bright white, but maybe add a dark outline to the text border, or perhaps a 3D effect? I just feel the text is a bit plane, the theme itself is spot on though, so credit to IG for putting it together. I will post a few ideas and examples of different text later, and perhaps IG you could edit the banner to see how they work, if that's O.K?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 14 Nov 2014 00:08 by Return of Zorro.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 14 Nov 2014 00:21 #88

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Blue_Tackler wrote:

There's nothing wrong with the hand but it looks out dated now due to the new banner.

I kinda like the home page pic tbh. Its telling peeps to seek truth, its simple yet has impact, and shows a bit of humanity with it being a persons hand.

Ive always known the banner could be better, but not sure that the home page pic needs to go.. plus we already have the logo at the top, so repeating it again in the welcome pic isnt the go imho.

Plus theres nothing wrong with some stuff just staying the same imho... especially if it doesnt need changing because its working the way it is... things are always changing in so many areas of our lives, some things just staying the same isnt a bad thing.. it gives a sense of familiarity and identity. Im babbling on now, but my 2c :hahano:

Im liking the banner we have now... if IG wants to try different text on his original background then thats up to him, im certainly open to zorro's suggestions... if IG has a go and other variations are posted here, im quite sure most of us here will agree if one of them is an improvement or not.
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 14 Nov 2014 04:42 #89

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
:dunno: Perhaps give the hand image an enhancement or an effect.

Last Edit: 14 Nov 2014 04:47 by Frothy.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 14 Nov 2014 04:54 #90

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Blue_Tackler wrote:
:dunno: Perhaps it's possible to keep the hand but give the hand image an enhancement or an effect.

Maybe... that first one of yours doesnt look too bad actually... the second has a greenish tinge which i feel doesnt fit as well with the greys but the first one is ok.

Still not sure its an improvement though :ponda: I have actually just tried it, opened two home pages and got your pic into one, im going from one to the other to compare... not sure if its worth changing with that first attempt of yours... but im open to that pic being enhanced somehow... maybe if something is done to it that is more of an improvement over the original. :ponda:

Right now i think the original looks nice and clean, the colours and contrast fits well with the site and perhaps even moreso than before with the grey menu we have now... and it doesnt look new-agey when the image isnt manipulated (i agree with Zorro on the new age looking stuff)
User(s) who Liked this post: Frothy

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 14 Nov 2014 11:46 #91

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
This blue scratched edge one is my last effort. It looks a bit more streety than the other two that I posted but the blue might be too much. It looks like the hand is on the screen giving a pseudo 3d effect.

That's it from me :thumbup:

Last Edit: 14 Nov 2014 11:50 by Frothy.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 14 Nov 2014 12:06 #92

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
Just a small point about the banner, I guess it does not really matter but the letter layout is slightly off.

TRUTH ZONE
welcome to reality

See here how the slogan fits pretty well below the name, on the banner it's off centre.
Last Edit: 14 Nov 2014 12:10 by Frothy.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 14 Nov 2014 15:41 #93

• irongate
  • Fresh Member
The seek truth image is a god one, I actually like the original. The Phase3 video series did something similar in the last episode, here:

I was messing around in photoshop and came up with this:

The text can be changed, so can the font... Bullet, no bullet... whatever... if you like it and want anything change - let me know :)

IG

and right doing,

there is a field...

Last Edit: 14 Nov 2014 15:42 by irongate.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 14 Nov 2014 15:52 #94

irongate wrote:

The text can be changed, so can the font... Bullet, no bullet... whatever... if you like it and want anything change - let me know :)

IG
The front one looks good in my opinion, take the bullet hole away though, and perhaps brighten the text a tad?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 14 Nov 2014 15:54 by Return of Zorro.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 14 Nov 2014 18:12 #95

Blue_Tackler wrote:

I agree. It's like painting half the inside of a house and leaving the rest undecorated.

I'm just being honest Nov. It may sound like I'm being awkward and picky but I just want what's best for the forum. The home page should match the forum banner in some way, or vice versa.
Last Edit: 14 Nov 2014 18:14 by Return of Zorro.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 14 Nov 2014 20:52 #96

• irongate
  • Fresh Member
another one... kinda been done plenty of times but it's still a fave:

and right doing,

there is a field...

User(s) who Liked this post: Return of Zorro

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 14 Nov 2014 21:36 #97

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
Zorro wrote:
irongate wrote:

IG
The front one looks good in my opinion, take the bullet hole away though, and perhaps brighten the text a tad?

I like this, and yes lose the bullet hole. But the image in general I like....

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 15 Nov 2014 08:22 #98

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Zorro wrote:
Blue_Tackler wrote:

I agree. It's like painting half the inside of a house and leaving the rest undecorated.

I'm just being honest Nov. It may sound like I'm being awkward and picky but I just want what's best for the forum. The home page should match the forum banner in some way, or vice versa.

I didnt think she looked like undercoat on the front page (imho :chuckle: ) .. undercoat is unfinished... yet i figured the home page image looks ok. :hahano: plus i liked the one eye symbolizmz :sulk:

Anyway.. :chuckle:

I think its kinda pointless repeating 'truth zone' in the welcome message pic again, heck its on the banner and in the welcome message text.

How about the dog tag idea but with 'seek truth' instead of repeating truth zone? .. since its in the same style and lettering. And id lose the bullet hole for that.

And... how bout this idea... a person, or soldier, holding the dog tag... with the 'seek truth' on it done in the same style as IG's truth zone tags. I think that would look very cool if the right pic is found, and makes sense... ie instead of being tagged with an ID youre tagged with seeking truth. :ponda:

examples of the idea... (im not saying to use these images, you have to find the right one obviously that will work... its more to show the idea, tho when you buy stock photos no ones going to claim copyright so that side of things might be the way to go if the right one is found)

If its a matter of throwing a few bux at a stock photo to get the non watermarked thing i think its worth considering too, if the image is worth it.

More pics (google images) www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=699&q=holding+dog+tag&oq=holding+dog+tag&gs_l=img.3..0j0i5l6.18.2984.0.3723....dier+holding+dog+tag

Just an idea :hahano:
Last Edit: 15 Nov 2014 08:30 by novum.

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 15 Nov 2014 08:30 #99

• zax
  • Gold Member
The 2nd pic looks like the Dusty Muff Old Hag hawking a Wembley Icke show ticket with the hollow moon in it. :yerright:

:cool:
Last Edit: 15 Nov 2014 08:35 by zax.
User(s) who Liked this post: Return of Zorro, Orangeaid

Ideas / Designs for a new Truth Zone site banner and slogan 15 Nov 2014 08:45 #100

• novum
  • Platinum Member
I wanted to find a pic of someone holding a tag out with their hand, but when its around their neck.. ie if you were wearing one round the neck and it was hanging down on your chest, and you grab the tag between thumb and forefinger and hold it out..

But the focus/foreground being the tag... so the tag appears large and in the foreground... the person/face is smaller and in the background, perhaps out of focus too... like the hand we have now, but holding out a tag while still chained around neck.

This is kind of what im getting at, but these are wrong because the focus isnt on the tag, tag is too small etc...

Where such an image exists that would tick all the boxes idk. :hahano: we need a photo shoot. :chuckle:
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare