Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Mem­ber feed­back is appre­ci­ated! Don’t be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site bet­ter and more user friendly for our members.

TOPIC: New Forum Feature

New Forum Feature 31 Oct 2015 03:15 #1

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Just a minor feature added to this latest version of kunena.

Users can choose the default recent/latest topics time period, as well as if they want the thread subscription box checked when making a post.

If you navigate to the edit forum profile page truth-zone.net/forum/profile/edit.html

Then press the 'Forum Settings' tab

Theres a couple of new settings there with options you can toggle to choose, and save so they stay as your default.

Select subscription as default

Select the time limit for pages

'Since Last Visit' behaves basically like 'new posts' in that it will show posts that you havent navigated to before.

I like to set it a little longer so i see more threads than that, including other more recent ones i mightve already read but didnt get around to replying to and wanted to later on... but its personal preference.

You can also toggle the time limit for pages at the top of the forum pages to your liking, this will only stay that way for your current browsing session when toggled from there.
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

New Forum Feature 31 Oct 2015 03:28 #2

• novum
  • Platinum Member
novum wrote:
Select subscription as default

Important note on that setting.. it seems to be set to 'Yes' automatically for everyone.

So if you dont set it to no, it will be different to before... and now the little box will be ticked near where you submit posts, and users will get emails and be subscribed to the threads.

So I suggest peeps set it to no if they dont want the emails coming.

'Favouriting' a topic does a similar job to subscribing to it, in that you can find the topics you want easily using the forum tabs... but with favourites you wont get the reminder emails, with subscriptions you do, thats the difference.
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.