Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Mem­ber feed­back is appre­ci­ated! Don’t be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site bet­ter and more user friendly for our members.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Censorship on TZ

Censorship on TZ 19 Apr 2016 16:47 #1

• GMP
  • Silver Member
Couple of times today I've had posts moved to the Vent Room.
Not complaining about that at all.
One post was off topic and the other was about free speech on a thread where free speech was defined as only freely permitted if the speech in question agreed with the views mod of that thread.
Question.
Whereabouts on TZ can one post about the topic of Free Speech without being censored and banished to the Vent Room please?
Anyone?
Last Edit: 19 Apr 2016 16:48 by GMP.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Censorship on TZ 19 Apr 2016 17:04 #2

• Zorro
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Nobody is censoring anybody here. Free Speech is one thing, and that's fine. No problems there. Trolling a thread because the very concept of free speech quite clearly agitates the hell out of some people is something quite different. I'm all for free speech, it's trouble makers and trolls who abuse the concept, and who disrupt and flame threads under the pretext of ''free speech'', then complain they're being denied free speech, that's the issue here.

Besides anyway, your posts were removed mainly from threads in which I created and where I am the host. I made the decision you were being deliberately disruptive, while also trying to derail the topic, not to mention the ad-homs you were starting to fling around. That's not cool in my book. By all means go off on a different tangent (at least if it's for good reason and not to deliberately derail the topic).

I won't be intervening in other peoples threads which they host themselves, not unless they want me to move something for a good reason, or if I feel somebody is starting a topic just for the reason of flaming or to unnecessarily abuse other members, or to disrupt the forum.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 19 Apr 2016 17:07 by Zorro.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI, spectero

Censorship on TZ 19 Apr 2016 17:11 #3

• GMP
  • Silver Member
Thanks for that reply Zorro.
For sure if you don't agree with something I say on one of your threads then it is your call to remove my post.
As you have done.
It's good to know that there are other threads on TZ where that won't happen.
We could maybe call one of those a 'Free Speech' thread and anybody who posted on it could say what they wanted.
I had thought that all of TZ was a free speech zone because I didn't know until today that some threads were owned by some mods.
I've no issue with that at all just so long as there are safe places on TZ where posters can post freely without their posts being banished to the Vent Room.
:)
Last Edit: 19 Apr 2016 17:13 by GMP.

Censorship on TZ 19 Apr 2016 17:20 #4

• Zorro
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Hmm, slight exaggeration there GMP. I've moved a handful of posts, and where you've quite clearly tried to derail the topic. This isn't the DI forum where you have any sway over moderation. Play fair and there won't be any issues with me.

And yes, threads that I host WILL remain troll free.

It's up to others how they run their own threads. Like I said if they want something removed because they feel somebody is acting like a total arse, then all they need to do is report it to me.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 19 Apr 2016 17:32 by Zorro.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

Censorship on TZ 19 Apr 2016 19:38 #5

• Mr. Plug
  • Fresh Member
Zorro wrote:
And yes, threads that I host WILL remain troll free.

Does that also mean that you won't troll threads that others host? If you did that would be a double standard.

Censorship on TZ 19 Apr 2016 20:23 #6

• Zorro
  • Voluntarily Inactive
It means exactly what it says. It means I won't stand for any nonsense on any of my threads. Other members should also decide for themselves what goes on their own threads, unless of course somebody is making a complete nuisance out of themselves i.e starting threads for the sole purpose to flame and disrupt, or to spam rubbish.

You guys keep going on about so called ''melt-downs'' that other members supposedly keep having, but most of the time it's yourselves who are behind the mud slinging and who are throwing the tantrums.

I don't disrupt or troll other members threads. The episode with the memes in wee-kidd's ''Black-Sun'' thread was for the most part down to his own doing. He flew off the handle with other members first and just wouldn't give his repetitive bullshit a rest, and in fact still doesn't give it a rest even now. Or haven't you noticed yet?

You are hardly Mr innocent yourself on the trolling score either btw.
Last Edit: 19 Apr 2016 20:29 by Zorro.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

Censorship on TZ 19 Apr 2016 20:38 #7

• Mr. Plug
  • Fresh Member
Zorro wrote:
It means exactly what it says. It means I won't stand for any nonsense on any of my threads. Other members should also decide for themselves what goes on their own threads, unless of course somebody is making a complete nuisance out of themselves i.e starting threads for the sole purpose to flame and disrupt, or to spam rubbish.

You guys keep going on about so called ''melt-downs'' that other members supposedly keep having, but most of the time it's yourselves who are behind the mud slinging and who are throwing the tantrums.

I don't disrupt or troll other members threads. The episode with the memes in wee-kidd's ''Black-Sun'' thread was for the most part down to his own doing. He flew off the handle with other members first and just wouldn't give his repetitive bullshit a rest, and in fact still doesn't give it a rest even now. Or haven't you noticed yet?

You are hardly Mr innocent yourself on the trolling score either btw.

This is the typical type of response I expect from you - slippery and greasy. You are the slipperiest of slippy things.

Censorship on TZ 19 Apr 2016 20:47 #8

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Mr. Plug wrote:
This is the typical type of response I expect from you - slippery and greasy. You are the slipperiest of slippy things.

... says Mr Plug, formerly known as "buttplug", who attained utmost popularity mainly because of his ... charming ... avatar
and self-chosen forum name.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

:killinme:
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 19 Apr 2016 20:48 by PFIZIPFEI.
User(s) who Liked this post: Zorro

Censorship on TZ 20 Apr 2016 10:53 #9

• GMP
  • Silver Member
So basically Zorro you can mod across ALL TZ threads and will remove posts that someone else complains to you about.
Hypothetically then your buddy Pfiz could complain to you about a post and you'd move that post.
Now that doesn't bode well for those of us to the left of yours and Pfiz's political position does it?
I shall be watching what you move, to where and why with interest in future.
The danger being that if you mod off any and all of us with differing views to those of yours and your chums ..
TZ could end up as a forum wheron a few posters ALL on the right endlessly swap mutual-interest video clips amongst themselves.
Not necessarily what TZ was set up for I'd imagine.
We shall see what we shall see.

Censorship on TZ 20 Apr 2016 11:40 #10

• Zorro
  • Voluntarily Inactive
No, GMP, that's not what I said is it. Not at all. Stop trying to misrepresent my words.

I said anybody should be able to decide what goes in their own thread, I was of course specifically referring to cases where other members may feel that threads are being derailed, trolled or flamed. I never said I will be censoring other peoples opinions or moving posts at the drop of a hat just because somebody may report one to me, or because they may not like the other members opinion. I don't expect that to happen much anyways.

The vast majority of members here are not that averse to other peoples different opinions that they want them censored. It's the unnecessary abuse and incessant trolling that people generally take issue with. And this is what I will be addressing. that's not to say either I'll be intervening at every untoward comment made. I realise that on a discussion board there will always be a certain amount of heated debate and sometimes heated banter or trolling. I don't mind some of it, it's when it starts getting excessive when it becomes a problem.

Now that I have the responsibility to moderate general it's my duty to look at things impartially and fairly, at least when we're talking about other peoples opinions here anyhow. So those who play fair won't have any issues with me.

You can watch me as closely as you like by the way, it's not going to influence me in anyway to change my approach.
Last Edit: 20 Apr 2016 11:52 by Zorro.
User(s) who Liked this post: spectero

Censorship on TZ 20 Apr 2016 12:14 #11

• Flare
  • Platinum Member
GMP wrote:
So basically Zorro you can mod across ALL TZ threads and will remove posts that someone else complains to you about.
Hypothetically then your buddy Pfiz could complain to you about a post and you'd move that post.
Now that doesn't bode well for those of us to the left of yours and Pfiz's political position does it?
The danger being that if you mod off any and all of us with differing views to those of yours and your chums ..
TZ could end up as a forum wheron a few posters ALL on the right endlessly swap mutual-interest video clips amongst themselves.

O shut the fuck up and quit whining.

Zorro's been fair all the time, yet you just can't leave to cry about it.
I wonder what would happen here if you'd be the moderator... hands-down that it would turn into the most dishonest Truther forum on the internet.
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts." - Sherlock Holmes
Last Edit: 20 Apr 2016 12:22 by Flare.

Censorship on TZ 20 Apr 2016 13:05 #12

• GMP
  • Silver Member
Flare wrote:
GMP wrote:

I wonder what would happen here if you'd be the moderator... hands-down that it would turn into the most dishonest Truther forum on the internet.
Do you cry easily Flare?
;)

Censorship on TZ 20 Apr 2016 13:21 #13

• Flare
  • Platinum Member
GMP wrote:
Flare wrote:
GMP wrote:

Do you cry easily Flare?
;)

I don't, but apparently you do. ;)
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts." - Sherlock Holmes

Censorship on TZ 20 Apr 2016 18:35 #14

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum
GMP wrote:
I had thought that all of TZ was a free speech zone because I didn't know until today that some threads were owned by some mods.
I've no issue with that at all just so long as there are safe places on TZ where posters can post freely without their posts being banished to the Vent Room.

Just to clarify, threads cant be moderated independantly of one another.

Moderators can only be assigned to entire categories. (General Discussion is a category, News and current affairs another, etc)

Zorro has been assigned as a mod to the General Discussion category, which is why he can moderate threads which exist in said cat.

He is not a mod outside of general on the main boards. (he is also a mod of one of the members forums).
Last Edit: 20 Apr 2016 19:46 by novum.

Censorship on TZ 20 Apr 2016 23:12 #15

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
Flare wrote:
GMP wrote:
Do you cry easily Flare?
;)

You may not cry so much, but licking is your specialty. Preferably Ze Führer but in his absence one of his minions works too. :larf:
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)
Last Edit: 20 Apr 2016 23:13 by Gaia.

Censorship on TZ 21 Apr 2016 02:10 #16

• Flare
  • Platinum Member
Gaia wrote:
Flare wrote:
GMP wrote:
Do you cry easily Flare?
;)

You may not cry so much, but licking is your specialty. Preferably Ze Führer but in his absence one of his minions works too. :larf:

I'm just saying it how it is. Zorro has been absolutely fair in moderating, however, I see you (and your fellow marxists) are a bit butthurt that your photoshop creations, verbal abuse gets deleted from this section and that you have to lower your tone. :D

But that's actually a good thing, so we can have at least something like a normal discussion in here, which is only good for the forum and makes it more pleasurable for others to read as well. ;)

Censorship on TZ 21 Apr 2016 05:01 #17

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
Flare wrote:
... you (and your fellow marxists) ...

What the fucking hell? :larf:

Marxism is about the farthest away from my principles as possible. So any marxist can never be my "fellow". Bye Flare, enjoy the white genocide from Ze Nazis, they were só awesome...! :iitm:
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)

Censorship on TZ 21 Apr 2016 05:39 #18

• Flare
  • Platinum Member
Gaia wrote:
Flare wrote:
... you (and your fellow marxists) ...

What the fucking hell? :larf:

Marxism is about the farthest away from my principles as possible. So any marxist can never be my "fellow". Bye Flare, enjoy the white genocide from Ze Nazis, they were só awesome...! :iitm:

Well, since you're all for immigration, 'everyone is the same', 'individualism is a good thing', against religion, any form of government and pro-LGBT... that makes you a marxist.

Or at least you are one without even realizing it :D

=========================================================================================================
Cultural marxism

The gradual process of destroying all traditions, languages, religions, individuality, government, family, law and order in order to re-assemble society in the future as a communist utopia. This utopia will have no notion of gender, traditions, morality, god or even family or the state. The Philosophy was proven not to Work already by Vladimir Lenin as he tried in vein to control and subjugate the people. He admitted before he died that capitalism was the only true system in which people understand how to live with each other.... Lenin knew that there were a few western Idiots who kept spreading the communist ideas long after Lenin gave up.... he called these people useful idiots as they had more emotion than brains and could be used to subvert the western states for a military takeover in the future as the citizens would already be perverted and sick and weak from poisonous ideas, decadent lusts and mindless entertainment.

cultural marxism: "everything is relative man".... "there is no truth".... "reality is what we make of it".... smoke dope and drop out dude!!! .... we don't need money... cops are violent pigs (especially the white ones). Women are smarter and betteer than men, all men are rapists. "get in touch with your feelings".... "if it feels good then do it"... "she so empowered!!... you go girl!!"... "there is no god"... "Let's burn the bible" "don't criticize islam!!"... "you're a bigot" "a homophobe" "you're an agist classist pig"..... "think globally act locally".... "save the whales.. the trees... the poor african kids!!".... "drop out of school and rebell against your parents".... "Dad's are scum.... mum's are cool".... "go vegetarian" "the ufo's are comming!!" .... "don't teach kids math's and reading!!!!!..... you elitist pig!!!.... they need to learn to build a veggie patch and learn to recycle and wear gender nuetral clothes!!!" "we can all eat other's cuisines and enjoy each others religions from every nation in one smelting pot of peoples and get along together and intermarry"

nl.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cultural+marxism

=================================================================================================
Sounds familiar? :)

Censorship on TZ 21 Apr 2016 14:05 #19

• GMP
  • Silver Member
When did 'marxist' become an insult?
It's like calling someone a 'nazi'.
Just another label - unless you specify how and where that poster is posting marxist or nazi beliefs.
We had a neighbour in London who went on holiday to Blackpool one year.
When she came back I asked her how she'd enjoyed it.
She replied.....
" Blackpool was OK but I didn't like the people."
My surprised response being..
"ALL of them?"
Last Edit: 21 Apr 2016 14:05 by GMP.

Censorship on TZ 21 Apr 2016 14:08 #20

• GMP
  • Silver Member
Case in point.
Somebody on here claims that supporting LGBT is 'Marxist'.
But some Nazis are LGBT as well.
All those traits were as popular in the Third Reich as ever they were or are anywhere else.
  • Page:
Moderators: novum, rodin