Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Mem­ber feed­back is appre­ci­ated! Don’t be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site bet­ter and more user friendly for our members.

TOPIC: Private Messages

Private Messages 09 Mar 2017 19:07 #1

• Roastie
Hi Mods

What am I doing wrong?

The recipients of my messages only see "encrypted message .. password required"

I type in my password and send, but they don't get the message.

I using XP with Firefox, if that helps.

Tomorrow my son will be back from Uni for the week-end ... and maybe he'll be able to help his dear old Mum,
because he's studying computer sciences!
“The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie." Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

Private Messages 09 Mar 2017 19:13 #2

• Zorro
  • Voluntarily Inactive
It's likely a bug with Joomla or the forum PM system at the moment, and not anything anybody is doing wrong. I noticed yesterday afternoon I had a few problems trying to log in.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius

Private Messages 09 Mar 2017 22:13 #3

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum
Roastie wrote:
Hi Mods

What am I doing wrong?

The recipients of my messages only see "encrypted message .. password required"

I type in my password and send, but they don't get the message.

I using XP with Firefox, if that helps.

Tomorrow my son will be back from Uni for the week-end ... and maybe he'll be able to help his dear old Mum,
because he's studying computer sciences!

Ok i think i know what the issue is here.

The PMs are already encrypted without adding a password, adding a password adds another layer of protection should you choose to do so.

Most people here wouldnt even know you can add an extra password of your choice by pressing the blue Password link that lives above the send button.

So where it says 'Password' ... you dont need to press it to send a PM, and if you do, it isnt asking for your forum password etc or anything of the sort.. what its asking for is a password of your choosing that the recipient ALSO must know in order to view said PM from you.

So say you create the PM and type in barracuda as the password, then the recipient must know which password you used and use the same one to read it.

Id recall the PM's youve sent if i was you because i suspect youve typed in your forum password, and you dont want to be telling others what that is in order for them to read your PMs :larf:

Send them again either without pressing the password link altogether, or come up with a password you and your friends here both know to use, eg if you tell eachother the PW off the forum somehow, ie face to face, phone, email etc.

Hope that makes sense, if not then let me know.
User(s) who Liked this post: Zorro, Roastie
Moderators: novum, rodin