Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Mem­ber feed­back is appre­ci­ated! Don’t be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site bet­ter and more user friendly for our members.
  • Page:

TOPIC: how do I post a tweet

how do I post a tweet 05 Apr 2019 00:25 #1

• annabelle
It says

Paste this code directly into the HTML portion of your site, and you'll be good to go. Need more info? Check out our developer docs.

at publish.twitter.com

how do I put the code directly into the HTML portion if I want to post a tweet?

Is there another way?
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum

how do I post a tweet 05 Apr 2019 01:11 #2

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum
The forum doesnt allow html to be submitted.

Im quite sure they do this so people dont inject malicious code into the forum face.

Some people over time have asked the Kunena people to enable/allow this but they refuse.

So the options are either screenshot, or post the link (wrapped in URL tags) for now, which yes I know sucks compared to the tweet being embedded.

Now that said, this forum used to embed tweets automatically just by posting the link into the reply box and submitting, because Kunena did make that happen in the code given the popularity of twitter... but something stopped working.

Perhaps its time i looked into it and why it doesnt work.
User(s) who Liked this post: annabelle, Flare, Rocco

how do I post a tweet 05 Apr 2019 02:59 #3

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum
I looked into why tweets wont embed anymore and twitter changed things, id need to develop an app to do this now, which i cant do.

Only way I can embed html code into this forum is if i do it manually as an administrator, using a plug in that 'hacks' into the forum code.. which doesnt do the users any good. :facepalm:

how do I post a tweet 05 Apr 2019 08:18 #4

• annabelle
okay, thanks for checking into it for me, twitter has made it nigh impossible then, to do something they make out to be no problem by not allowing tweets to simply embed automatically

it's too bad, there's the odd good/funny/worth sharing tweet out there but they be forcing apps on people now

User(s) who Liked this post: Flare

how do I post a tweet 05 Apr 2019 08:55 #5

• Flare
annabelle wrote:
okay, thanks for checking into it for me, twitter has made it nigh impossible then, to do something they make out to be no problem by not allowing tweets to simply embed automatically

it's too bad, there's the odd good/funny/worth sharing tweet out there but they be forcing apps on people now

:larf:
So we have come together on this day to prove symbolically that we are more than a collection of individuals striving one against another, that none of us is too proud, none of us too high, none is too rich, and none too poor, to stand together before the face of the Lord and of the world in this indissoluble, sworn community. And this united nation, we have need of it.

- Adolf Hitler, in Berlin, 01 May 1935

how do I post a tweet 05 Apr 2019 13:03 #6

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum
I know there are plug ins available for joomla that can do all sorts of things...

sooo...

I found this thing called 'sourcerer' www.regularlabs.com/extensions/sourcerer/tutorial

Installed it.

The forum still didnt allow the code to insert when submitting a post.

I then realised i can 'fool' the forum by wrapping what we want in the forums own code tags, the forum then doesnt try to format whats inside, and sourcerer takes over. :hahano:

So now its doable.

how do I post a tweet 05 Apr 2019 13:07 #7

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum
TO EMBED TWEETS HERE ON TRUTH ZONE...

heres what we have to do...

Get the tweet URL, for example
https://twitter.com/OfficialMOPAR/status/1100410544165576706

Make sure its the non mobile URL by the way. If the url has mobile.twitter.com at the beginning, cut the 'mobile' part out so its just twitter.com

Then go here and paste in the tweet URL that you want to embed...

publish.twitter.com/

It will give you html code for embedding the tweet. Copy that code. It will look something like this....
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Treasure the memories and unleash the car enthusiast in you. ?: Craig B. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MoparOrNoCar?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MoparOrNoCar</a> <a href="https://t.co/L9se2zOm1b">pic.twitter.com/L9se2zOm1b</a></p>&mdash; MOPAR (@OfficialMOPAR) <a href="https://twitter.com/OfficialMOPAR/status/1100410544165576706?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 26, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Then when you have that code, you need to wrap it in BOTH code then source tags on either end, like this....

[ code ] [ source ] The twitter code [ / source ] [/code ]

Obviously, omit the spaces in the example above. I had to add spaces for this demo or else the tags would embed instead of showing.

Submit the post as per normal, the tweet should now be embedded in the post.

Last Edit: 13 Apr 2019 00:00 by novum.

how do I post a tweet 05 Apr 2019 13:09 #8

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum
We can now use the source tags on their own to embed other stuff too, like media embeds and so on.

Pretty much any html actually.

If you have the html code, just wrap it in the same way, code and source tags and submit the post.

The source tags alone might even be enough on non twitter stuff, depending.

how do I post a tweet 05 Apr 2019 13:12 #9

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum

how do I post a tweet 05 Apr 2019 13:15 #10

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum
^ I was just trying another one there to make sure it works.

I suggest people visit this link and force a hard refresh by the way, or else the tweet might not look right... i had to tweak the css for the 'code' feature ...

:right: truth-zone.net/components/com_kunena/template/blue_eagle/css/kunena.forum-min.css

^ Hit that link, refresh it once or twice, then refresh THIS page, and the tweets should look ok instead of looking like crap and being cut off and having a scroll bar, like it probably looks for you all right now. :hahano: :sorry:

Apologies for the double tag thing too, theres no other way around it, we just have to use both those tags if we want to embed tweets here.
Last Edit: 05 Apr 2019 13:17 by novum.

how do I post a tweet 05 Apr 2019 13:36 #11

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum
I might make this thread a sticky in FAQ.

Once I get some feedback that the tweets are embedding ok for others. :larf:

Again, you will all have to refresh the forums CSS code for it to look right, as I mentioned above.

how do I post a tweet 05 Apr 2019 14:25 #12

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
And remember guys- If something can be seen on your monitor screen, it can always be captured one way or another..:)
The most 100% foolproof way is to simply point your camera at the screen and take a picture, then upload it into your image hosting account (e.g. Photobucket) then post it into forums from there.
Videos can be captured the same way, just point your camera at the screen and start recording, then upload it to your youtube account, and post it into forums from there.
The advantage of both methods is that you can keep stuff forever, either on your hard drive or burnt to disk even if it later vanishes from the original site..:)
Last Edit: 05 Apr 2019 14:26 by Ugh.

how do I post a tweet 06 Apr 2019 04:50 #13

• annabelle
I haven't tried posting a tweet again yet while following novum's instructions, but to get to the point of publish.twitter.com for the code, you follow these steps:

www.wikihow.com/Embed-a-Tweet

Method 1

Directly From a Tweet

Go to Twitter. Find a Tweet to embed on your site.

Click on the down arrow icon (v). Select Embed Tweet from the drop-down list.[/b]

Remove the media From the Tweet (optional), if desired. Uncheck the Include media checkbox to hide media (photos, GIFs, videos) which displayed alongside the Tweet.

Hide the original Tweet from a reply (optional). If the selected Tweet is a reply to another Tweet, you can hide the original Tweet by unchecking the "Include parent Tweet" checkbox.

Copy the HTML code from the pop-up screen. Paste into your blog or website.
See novum's instructions

Done. Now you can see the Tweet on your website!

Method 2

From the 'Twitter Publish' Website

Go to Twitter and select a Tweet. Copy the URL of your Tweet.

Go to Twitter Publish. Open publish.twitter.com in your browser.

Paste your Tweet URL on the box. Hit the ↵ Enter button on your keyboard.

Customize your Tweet (optional). Click on the set customization options link if desired.

Copy and paste the HTML code to your website.
See novum's instructions

Done. Now you can see the Tweet on your website!
Last Edit: 06 Apr 2019 05:23 by annabelle.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, Denor

how do I post a tweet 07 Apr 2019 16:09 #14

• Flare
So we have come together on this day to prove symbolically that we are more than a collection of individuals striving one against another, that none of us is too proud, none of us too high, none is too rich, and none too poor, to stand together before the face of the Lord and of the world in this indissoluble, sworn community. And this united nation, we have need of it.

how do I post a tweet 08 Apr 2019 07:57 #15

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
Incidentally I've never signed up to Twitter or Facebook or any other social media because I can't see the point.
I mean, there are plenty of discussion forums around, so what the heck is SM for, or am I missing something?

how do I post a tweet 09 Apr 2019 16:09 #16

• annabelle
I've not signed up to Twitter or Facebook either. I do occasionally view the odd Twitter site though if I find the content politically interesting. I prefer never to go into Facebook but sometimes, when looking for information about something, the only place the source has the information is Facebook because that is where they, unfortunately, choose to put it.
User(s) who Liked this post: Ugh

how do I post a tweet 10 Apr 2019 01:01 #17

• Flare
annabelle wrote:
I've not signed up to Twitter or Facebook either. I do occasionally view the odd Twitter site though if I find the content politically interesting. I prefer never to go into Facebook but sometimes, when looking for information about something, the only place the source has the information is Facebook because that is where they, unfortunately, choose to put it.

It’s not about what’s politically interesting.

It’s about what is true or false.

how do I post a tweet 10 Apr 2019 01:28 #18

• annabelle
:roll:

If I find a site politically interesting then it is because there is truth in it, otherwise I wouldn't find it at all politically interesting.
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare, Ugh

how do I post a tweet 10 Apr 2019 01:42 #19

• novum
  • Commander Seclorum
:chuckle: Flare strikes out again with annabelle :chuckle: :joker:
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare, Rocco

how do I post a tweet 10 Apr 2019 01:49 #20

• Flare
novum wrote:
:chuckle: Flare strikes out again with annabelle :chuckle: :joker:

Well at least she finally responds to me. :chuckle:

Jesus Christ... hell must have frozen over. :D

• Page:
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare