Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Mem­ber feed­back is appre­ci­ated! Don’t be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make our site bet­ter and more user friendly for our members.

TOPIC: Improved Editor?

Improved Editor? 11 May 2019 02:27 #1

• OpenMind
  • Fresh Member
Not sure what bulletin board software you're using here and if it's even possible to swap out the editor, but one where I could use keyboard shortcuts to bold, underline, italicize, etc would be great. Ideally also an editor into which I could paste (from MS Word, emails or elsewhere) either HTML or Rich Text formatted text.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Improved Editor? 11 May 2019 02:49 #2

• novum
  • Platinum Member
The forum is 'kunena' and its a free open source thing, so it wont be up there with vbulletin regarding options, plug ins and features.

The editor is what it is, cant change it with kunena unless someone customizes it.

The greater site is a joomla platform, now that does have various editors to choose from that can do what you describe, its only available when writing articles etc and Im not capable of putting such an editor into Kunena, im not a coder etc.

Kunena devs also have a policy of not allowing html on the forum because of fears that malicious code can be injected into it or something. But there is a work around if you do want to paste HTML code into a post, you wrap the code in the following tags.

[ code ] [ source ]YOUR HTML CODE[ / source ] [ / code ]

Lose the spaces obviously.
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1

Improved Editor? 13 May 2019 16:09 #3

• OpenMind
  • Fresh Member
Ya, I'm aware of the BBCode for bolding etc. I just prefer to use the keyboard shortcuts because it's so much quicker. Too bad you can't swap out the editor, but thanks for the explanation.

Improved Editor? 16 May 2019 00:08 #4

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Well I already assumed you know of BBcode and much more so apologies if I came across as talking down to you :chuckle: , that wasnt my intent.

What i mean by the code and source example above is you can actually inject entire html code strings of your choice into a post, the code and source BB code tags can be used to trick the forum into rendering any html code you like. For example embedded iframe videos or elaborate fonts and anything else you may wish to embed.

The 'source' BB code tag is not a standard feature of this site, I found a plug in that hacks the site and allows code to be injected anywhere (despite the forum doing its best to block such things) .

The code tags then have to surround the source tags to fool the forum into ignoring that it is code... then it actually renders as code on the submitted post rather than the forum blocking it.

So for example this video embed code
<iframe width="600" height="337" src="https://www.brighteon.com/embed/5983467379001" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Results in this when wrapped in BOTH the code and source tags correctly....
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare