Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Eurozone youth unemployment reaches record high of 24.4%

Eurozone youth unemployment reaches record high of 24.4% 29 Nov 2013 22:10 #1

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
With 3.58 million under-25s in the euro area jobless in October, youth unemployment is a scar that shows little sign of healing

Barcelona, Spain: Eduard Izquierdo, 20, who is being assisted in his job search by Exit Foundation. Spain's youth unemployment rate increased to 57.4% in October.

The crisis facing the younger generation across the Eurozone worsened last month as youth unemployment hit a new record high of 24.4% with under-25s in Spain, Italy and Portugal finding it harder to get jobs.

The grim news on on employment came as the Netherlands was stripped of its prized AAA credit rating despite the country's recent exit from a year-long recession.

Ratings agency Standard & Poor's said on Friday that weakening growth prospects showed the country would struggle to improve its financial stability and generate new jobs.

It said: "The downgrade reflects our opinion that the Netherlands' growth prospects are now weaker than we had previously anticipated, and the real GDP per capita trend growth rate is persistently lower than that of peers."

It cited weakening consumer demand, high levels of personal debt and falling house prices for keeping consumer spending and tax receipts low in the next few years. One in four Dutch homebuyers is in negative equity as a result of falling property values.

Jeroen Dijsselbloem, the Dutch finance minister, said S&P's downgrade to AA+ was disappointing when the economy had returned to growth.

S&P's action leaves only three members of the eurozone with a top rating from all three agencies – Germany, Luxembourg and Finland.

www.theguardian.com/business/2013/nov/29/eurozone-youth-unemployment-record-high-under-25s
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum

Eurozone youth unemployment reaches record high of 24.4% 30 Nov 2013 17:30 #2

• novum
  • Platinum Member
I guess the question is, what can people do to try fix/solve this.

The governments dont seem to want to, a cynic might say it was all planned or at the least there was gross mismanagement and too many snouts (like bankers and politicians ones) in the euro trough.

When people are moved off the land and into cities the way it has happened in unprecedented numbers in the last 50 to 100 years... well some small changes to economic conditions can result in no work to be found, it makes people very vulnerable to changes and self sustainablitly is virtually impossible if you havent got enough of that paper fiat.
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, phemohilia

Eurozone youth unemployment reaches record high of 24.4% 30 Nov 2013 18:18 #3

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I don't know what people can do to fix this. People only appear to come together when crisis point has been reached. Often this is too late. Look at what happened in Cyprus and how we all looked on. We looked, but really didn't do much other than wonder if we should take / move our money out of the bank.
User(s) who Liked this post: phemohilia

Eurozone youth unemployment reaches record high of 24.4% 30 Nov 2013 19:52 #4

• Blonde_Bombshell
  • Fresh Member
I need a new job. I don't earn enough in my present one. At least I have one I suppose.
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony

Eurozone youth unemployment reaches record high of 24.4% 30 Nov 2013 20:05 #5

• phemohilia
  • All Karma points of teh universe are belong to miacat!!
Until the bankers and politicians are "dealt with" there won't be any kind of progress or solutions found.
"The plastic face forced to portray, all the insides left cold and gray...."
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, pheony

Eurozone youth unemployment reaches record high of 24.4% 30 Nov 2013 20:10 #6

• Chuck Random
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Blonde_Bombshell wrote:
I need a new job. I don't earn enough in my present one. At least I have one I suppose.

I think there are currently millions of people who would say exactly the same thing.

I think one of the problems is we're having it drummed into us to accept this. Of course we think we are lucky if we have a job in the current climate, but we should not be grateful. I think we should be asking why the fuck are we feeling lucky to have a job and why the fuck are wages becoming so shite for so many people.
And why the fuck do the useless parasites earn so much and the people who actually do everything have such low status. I think a cleaner or a bin man is far more important and deserves far more respect than a banker or a politician.
No War But The Class War

Eurozone youth unemployment reaches record high of 24.4% 30 Nov 2013 20:13 #7

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Chuck Random wrote:
I think one of the problems is we're having it drummed into us to accept this. Of course we think we are lucky if we have a job in the current climate, but we should not be grateful. I think we should be asking why the fuck are we feeling lucky to have a job and why the fuck are wages becoming so shite for so many people.

And why the fuck do the useless parasites earn so much and the people who actually do everything have such low status. I think a cleaner or a bin man is far more important and deserves far more respect than a banker or a politician.

:agri:
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352