Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Iceland Sends Four Bank Bosses to the Slammer

Iceland Sends Four Bank Bosses to the Slammer 15 Dec 2013 15:17 #1

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
The onetime CEO of Iceland’s Kaupthing bank, one Hreidar Mar Sigurdsson, is going to jail for five and a half years for his part in his firm’s downfall—which also helped his country’s economy bottom out in 2008. He’ll be in good company.

Three other former high-level Kaupthing execs, including ousted board Chairman Sigurdur Einarsson, will join Sigurdsson for shorter stints in prison for aiding in the cover-up of a sham deal with a Qatari financier that sank the firm late that year.

Although the BBC pointed out Thursday that the foursome’s punishment amounts to “the heaviest sentences for financial fraud” in the country’s history, it represents a relatively breezy penalty compared with the mass-scale wreckage that ensued.

Still, it adds up to many more days behind bars than certain of their deserving American counterparts are likely to face. Here’s more from the BBC:

www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/iceland_sends_four_bank_bosses_to_the_slammer_20131212#.Uqy9EpEbMLE.facebook
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Hexhammer, cantata, Worzel

Iceland Sends Four Bank Bosses to the Slammer 15 Dec 2013 16:03 #2

• cantata
  • Silver Member
YaaaaaaaaaaaaY! :thumbup: May they all go the same way too.

It's funny that the Law is heaviest in its dealings with people when it comes to financial matters, except (until now, and apparently then only in Iceland) when bankers are involved. No matter how much they rip off, they are usually let off with it.
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
User(s) who Liked this post: Hexhammer, Worzel

Iceland Sends Four Bank Bosses to the Slammer 22 Dec 2013 17:56 #3

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive

Iceland's jailed bankers 'a model' for dealing with 'financial terrorists.
Last Edit: 22 Dec 2013 17:59 by pheony.

Iceland Sends Four Bank Bosses to the Slammer 24 Dec 2013 23:49 #4

• I AM ALL I AM
cantata wrote:
YaaaaaaaaaaaaY! :thumbup: May they all go the same way too.

It's funny that the Law is heaviest in its dealings with people when it comes to financial matters, except (until now, and apparently then only in Iceland) when bankers are involved. No matter how much they rip off, they are usually let off with it.

G'day Cantata.

The "Law" makes money through fraudulent means, so they come down VERY heavy on anyone attempting to do the same, bad for business you know. ;)

I noted this when I was in the police force as the largest mobilisation of police I saw was for a single guy for credit card fraud. :roll: Says a lot when there are crimes going like rape, murder, paedophilia, etc, etc.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.

When paired opposites define your beliefs, your beliefs will imprison you.
User(s) who Liked this post: vambo

Iceland Sends Four Bank Bosses to the Slammer 25 Dec 2013 03:28 #5

• HYPERTlGER
  • User is blocked
money = a reasonable assumption = fiat = by decree.

ban me = fiat or by decree.

In real life.

you decide to let me live

I decide to not.

That is the mathematics not taught in school

Iceland Sends Four Bank Bosses to the Slammer 02 Jan 2014 08:26 #6

• vambo
  • Fresh Member
I AM ALL I AM wrote:
cantata wrote:
it.

G'day Cantata.

The "Law" makes money through fraudulent means, so they come down VERY heavy on anyone attempting to do the same, bad for business you know. ;)

I noted this when I was in the police force as the largest mobilisation of police I saw was for a single guy for credit card fraud. :roll: Says a lot when there are crimes going like rape, murder, paedophilia, etc, etc.

Unreal really isn't it? I've noticed how often custodial sentences are passed out to money crimes and overlooking crimes of violence or real anti social behaviour against individuals. TPTB look after their corporate masters alright.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, cantata

Iceland Sends Four Bank Bosses to the Slammer 02 Jan 2014 11:53 #7

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Welcome vambo. I hope you'll be very happy here.

Nothing matters to the Law above money and property (asssets) and they are usually hard on the "ordinary man" for thieving it because they fear everyone might do the same if they didn't land like a brick on the "wrong-doer".

When it comes to punishing their own kind for the same type of crime (only usually much bigger and worse) they seem to punish them more for getting caught.....
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony

Iceland Sends Four Bank Bosses to the Slammer 02 Jan 2014 12:41 #8

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
You'll often get a stiffer sentence for robbing a bank than you will for murdering someone.

Says it all.
The pen is mightier than the sword
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, Hexhammer, cantata
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare