Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Which Ten Commandments ?

Which Ten Commandments ? 30 May 2014 06:55 #1

• I AM ALL I AM
  • Silver Member
G'day.

www.positiveatheism.org/crt/whichcom.htm
One of the best-kept secrets in the discussions on the Ten Commandments concerns the fact that (according to the story) Moses smashed the first set of tables in a fit of anger, because the Israelites chose to worship the golden calf. (That this would happen or would be told casts doubt on the whole Exodus tale, but we will not cover that here.)

As the tale goes, Moses smashed the tables of stone, and God said he'd make a new set of tables containing "the words that were on the first" (Exodus 34:1). However, as we see on the second page, the second Ten Commandments in no way resemble the first set. To popularize this knowledge is to knock the wind out of this entire move to place "The" Ten Commandments in our schools.

Positive Atheism encourages readers to print out and distribute the PDF file of the two center pages of our July, 1999, issue, and distribute it far and wide. (If you don't have Adobe Acrobat, you can download it for free. If you don't use Acrobat, the contents are reproduced in HTML 2.0 below.) Although we know that the main premise of theism is flawed, many Americans haven't thought much on these things. Thus, to show biblical discrepancies can, with many people, go further than any discussion of the main premises of theism.

A discrepancy not mentioned is that between the original Ten Commandments of Exodus 20 and the recap listed in Deuteronomy 5. Exodus 20 requires keeping the Sabbath because "in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day." But in Deuteronomy, Jews must "remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the Lord thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the Lord thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath [sic] day." Nothing is said about God resting after the six days it took to create the universe.

Which 'Ten Commandments' are the 'True Ten Commandments' TM from 'God' ?
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.

When paired opposites define your beliefs, your beliefs will imprison you.

Flare = Censor & Promoter of Bishop Williamson

truth-zone.net/forum/research-zone-forum-feedback-and-faq/73338-flare-censor-promoter-of-bishop-williamson.html#357334
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Which Ten Commandments ? 30 May 2014 07:16 #2

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
Ask one of the Jews on the forum, or Zhiba or Shanticat (I've gathered they're religious Jews), or even one of the SZ crew ... the 10 Commandments are Mosaic law ... they'll know.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI, Seaic, peacenik

Which Ten Commandments ? 30 May 2014 07:45 #3

• I AM ALL I AM
  • Silver Member
Orangeaid wrote:
Ask one of the Jews on the forum, or Zhiba or Shanticat (I've gathered they're religious Jews), or even one of the SZ crew ... the 10 Commandments are Mosaic law ... they'll know.

Matthew 5:17
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

:wissl:
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.

truth-zone.net/forum/research-zone-forum-feedback-and-faq/73338-flare-censor-promoter-of-bishop-williamson.html#357334

Which Ten Commandments ? 30 May 2014 08:52 #4

• I AM ALL I AM
  • Silver Member
I AM ALL I AM wrote:
Orangeaid wrote:

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

You have read the bible, right Orangeaid? :dunno:

You did know of this passage, right?

You know, the apparent words of 'Jesus'.

Which Ten Commandments ? 31 May 2014 07:59 #5

• I AM ALL I AM
  • Silver Member
I AM ALL I AM wrote:
I AM ALL I AM wrote:
Orangeaid wrote:

You have read the bible, right Orangeaid? :dunno:

You did know of this passage, right?

You know, the apparent words of 'Jesus'.

So which 'Ten Commandments' did 'Jesus' come "to fulfill"?

Which Ten Commandments ? 31 May 2014 14:03 #6

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
Thank you so much for that post I AM.

I love it when ignorant people inadvertently give away how little they really know about a subject.

Thank you so much. :)

You really are just clueless and spamming anti-christian crap all around the place.
Last Edit: 31 May 2014 14:48 by Orangeaid.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

Which Ten Commandments ? 01 Jun 2014 05:22 #7

• I AM ALL I AM
  • Silver Member
G'day Orangeaid.

Ad hominem does not an argument make. It simply shows that which you are projecting. How are those issues going for you?

So, which 'Ten Commandments'? :dunno:

Which Ten Commandments ? 01 Jun 2014 08:27 #8

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
Jesus didn't "come" to fulfill the 10 Commandments. :chuckle:

Read up a little on what you're trying to talk about before trying to post as an atheist. Pointing out your whopping lack of knowledge isn't a personal attack I AM.

It's highly amusing to witness it though. :D

I'm not wasting my time to educate you in something you've got no interest in though.

Which Ten Commandments ? 01 Jun 2014 08:41 #9

• I AM ALL I AM
  • Silver Member
Orangeaid wrote:
Jesus didn't "come" to fulfill the 10 Commandments. :chuckle:

Read up a little on what you're trying to talk about before trying to post as an atheist. Pointing out your whopping lack of knowledge isn't a personal attack I AM.

It's highly amusing to witness it though. :D

I'm not wasting my time to educate you in something you've got no interest in though.

G'day Orangeaid.

Yet here the biblical character known of as 'Jesus' states otherwise.

Your lack of a genuine response, instead continuing with the ad hominem's, shows clearly that you are unable to respond in a reasoned, rational and logical manner.

So, which 'Ten Commandments'? :dunno:

Which Ten Commandments ? 01 Jun 2014 08:52 #10

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
Try again. The 10 Commandments are Mosaic Law. They were given to Moses. They are simple Jewish law.

The OLD covenant.

You have no idea on this. It is really amusing.

Which Ten Commandments ? 02 Jun 2014 02:01 #11

• I AM ALL I AM
  • Silver Member
Orangeaid wrote:
Try again. The 10 Commandments are Mosaic Law. They were given to Moses. They are simple Jewish law.

The OLD covenant.

You have no idea on this. It is really amusing.

G'day Orangeaid.

Yet the biblical character known of as 'Jesus' states the above in the bible narrative, claiming to have come "to fulfil" the law, which Mosaic law is a part of. After all, 'Jesus' is meant to be the jewish messiah in the biblical narrative, and obviously is stating the above about jewish law.

It is interesting that you deny the clear statement made by the supposed jewish messiah and instead attempt to obfuscate the statement. Is such a statement somehow an embarrassment for you because it so obviously supportive of jewish law?

Which Ten Commandments ? 02 Jun 2014 02:06 #12

• peacenik
  • Immortal
So, what exactly are you proposing was the contents of the old 10 commandments which Moses was supposed to have destroyed?
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu

Which Ten Commandments ? 02 Jun 2014 02:15 #13

• I AM ALL I AM
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
So, what exactly are you proposing was the contents of the old 10 commandments which Moses was supposed to have destroyed?

G'day Peacenik.

I haven't propesed anything. Their appears to be four versions, which do you think is the 'Ten Commandments'?

Last Edit: 02 Jun 2014 02:16 by I AM ALL I AM.