Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

 
PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Witcher: The Wild Hunt

Witcher: The Wild Hunt 31 May 2016 18:46 #1

  • Flare
  • Flare's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 13300
  • Likes received: 5367
In my 30 years of gaming this one is the best of all time.



An amazing game, in which they've created a huge virtual low-fantasy world based upon the Witcher novels from Poland.
The story-line is epic, the music is amazing, the characters all come to live and the graphics are stunning.

Here's a trailer:



Here's some imagery of the virtual world:
(best viewed on fullscreen ofc :) )


And since today the second expansion came out, "Blood and WIne":



So well guys, it's going to be a bit more quiet the coming days on TZ :chuckle:
So we have come together on this day to prove symbolically that we are more than a collection of individuals striving one against another, that none of us is too proud, none of us too high, none is too rich, and none too poor, to stand together before the face of the Lord and of the world in this indissoluble, sworn community. And this united nation, we have need of it.

- Adolf Hitler, in Berlin, 01 May 1935
Last Edit: 31 May 2016 19:05 by Flare.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Witcher: The Wild Hunt 31 May 2016 19:23 #2

  • Gaia
  • Gaia's Avatar
  • Online
  • Gold Member
  • Posts: 6934
  • Likes received: 1527
Flare wrote:
In my 30 years of gaming this one is the best of all time.

Couldn't possibly beat:





:sadno:
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare

Witcher: The Wild Hunt 31 May 2016 20:25 #3

  • Flare
  • Flare's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 13300
  • Likes received: 5367
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


Well, Mario Kart definately was an awesome fun game back in the day. And so was Grand Theft Auto which was revolutionary.
I wonder if they will be showing the next GTA on E3 coming up next month, as they are definately great games.

But Witcher 3 is next-level of gaming. The huge free-roam world is mind-blowing, in which war is raging and political intrigues are at play.
You play as Geralt of Rivia who is the best/charismatic protagonist in gaming I can think of...



...being just a pawn in the world that revolves around him. The quests you go on have some very memorable experiences. Taking on contracts to slay a monster which basically puts you in a 10 minute battle, side stories/quests or following the main story-line which is great.

Basically the combat looks like this:



There are a lot of decisions/choices to be made storywise, and some of the decisions are crucial as you can get several outcomes of the game.
Make the wrong decisions and you get a fucked up ending which will leave you wondering for the rest of the day, as I read comments of other players :D (after 100 - 150 hours playtime) Can't think of a game which could bring over such a strong emotion like that as the Witcher does. Glad I had the half-good ending. :chuckle:

The last expansion (20 hrs gameplay) will be the end of Geralt in the series... so I'm wondering what they have made out of it.

Better go get yourself a PS4 and play the game to see what I'm talking about. ;)
So we have come together on this day to prove symbolically that we are more than a collection of individuals striving one against another, that none of us is too proud, none of us too high, none is too rich, and none too poor, to stand together before the face of the Lord and of the world in this indissoluble, sworn community. And this united nation, we have need of it.

- Adolf Hitler, in Berlin, 01 May 1935
Last Edit: 31 May 2016 20:25 by Flare.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Witcher: The Wild Hunt 31 May 2016 20:28 #4

  • Gaia
  • Gaia's Avatar
  • Online
  • Gold Member
  • Posts: 6934
  • Likes received: 1527
Flare wrote:
Better go get yourself a PS4 and play the game to see what I'm talking about. ;)

Haha, I know myself, better not. Then I won't be doing anything else anymore.

But good you leave JewTube aside and have fun gaming. :P
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Grolongo

Witcher: The Wild Hunt 31 May 2016 20:39 #5

  • Flare
  • Flare's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 13300
  • Likes received: 5367
Gaia wrote:
Flare wrote:
Better go get yourself a PS4 and play the game to see what I'm talking about. ;)

Haha, I know myself, better not. Then I won't be doing anything else anymore.

But good you leave JewTube aside and have fun gaming. :P

Well... it's still downloading very slow, since probably the whole world is downloading the game atm, so I have some "YT-time" left :D

Have you watched the vids in my post above..?

And having a PS4 won't do any harm. Once you're finished with the game it's finished. Altho this is a BIG one... but it's real fun to play for 2 hours a day or so, getting immersed in that virtual world they've set up. It's a way better/thrilling experience then any movie, series or program coming out lately.
So we have come together on this day to prove symbolically that we are more than a collection of individuals striving one against another, that none of us is too proud, none of us too high, none is too rich, and none too poor, to stand together before the face of the Lord and of the world in this indissoluble, sworn community. And this united nation, we have need of it.

- Adolf Hitler, in Berlin, 01 May 1935
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Witcher: The Wild Hunt 31 May 2016 20:53 #6

  • Gaia
  • Gaia's Avatar
  • Online
  • Gold Member
  • Posts: 6934
  • Likes received: 1527
Flare wrote:
Have you watched the vids in my post above..?

700 Mb left until mid next month, so no way I can spend it on the game. JewTube uses a lot of data...
And having a PS4 won't do any harm. Once you're finished with the game it's finished. Altho this is a BIG one... but it's real fun to play for 2 hours a day or so, getting immersed in that virtual world they've set up. It's a way better/thrilling experience then any movie, series or program coming out lately.

If I like a game I play it faaaar too much and if I don't like a game I play it for some hours and then never again, so no, no way I am going to buy a PS4, far too many other things to do anyway (as you know).
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Witcher: The Wild Hunt 31 May 2016 21:15 #7

  • Flare
  • Flare's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 13300
  • Likes received: 5367
Hmyea, I've noticed a lot of people say "I'm too busy for that" or "I don't have time" lately... but then I always wonder what everyone is actually doing.

I mean, what else can someone do then work, get home, eat, put on the t.v., then go to bed afterwards and rinse and repeat till weekend? :D
With maybe some sports or visit to friends in between, during the weektime... but even then there's still enough free-time left I wonder?
So we have come together on this day to prove symbolically that we are more than a collection of individuals striving one against another, that none of us is too proud, none of us too high, none is too rich, and none too poor, to stand together before the face of the Lord and of the world in this indissoluble, sworn community. And this united nation, we have need of it.

- Adolf Hitler, in Berlin, 01 May 1935
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Witcher: The Wild Hunt 31 May 2016 21:47 #8

  • Gaia
  • Gaia's Avatar
  • Online
  • Gold Member
  • Posts: 6934
  • Likes received: 1527
Flare wrote:
Hmyea, I've noticed a lot of people say "I'm too busy for that" or "I don't have time" lately... but then I always wonder what everyone is actually doing.

I mean, what else can someone do then work, get home, eat, put on the t.v., then go to bed afterwards and rinse and repeat till weekend? :D
With maybe some sports or visit to friends in between, during the weektime... but even then there's still enough free-time left I wonder?

My days only contain 28 hours and I am not even working, although preparing for something to set up in the near future.

You don't pay attention to your wife? :O
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Witcher: The Wild Hunt 31 May 2016 21:56 #9

  • PFIZIPFEI
  • PFIZIPFEI's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
  • Posts: 20433
  • Likes received: 7960

The Wild Hunt - Historic Backgrounds - Part 1







Let the contents of this picture sink in ....


pc~pedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Hunt

.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 31 May 2016 22:10 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare

Witcher: The Wild Hunt 31 May 2016 22:41 #10

  • Flare
  • Flare's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 13300
  • Likes received: 5367
Gaia wrote:
Flare wrote:
Hmyea, I've noticed a lot of people say "I'm too busy for that" or "I don't have time" lately... but then I always wonder what everyone is actually doing.

I mean, what else can someone do then work, get home, eat, put on the t.v., then go to bed afterwards and rinse and repeat till weekend? :D
With maybe some sports or visit to friends in between, during the weektime... but even then there's still enough free-time left I wonder?

My days only contain 28 hours and I am not even working, although preparing for something to set up in the near future.

You don't pay attention to your wife? :O

Well, my wife is always on the couch right next to me, so we don't overlook eachother.
She watching t.v. and me on the internet, as I can't stand watching t.v. anymore... except for Geordie Shore :D

And I've told her once the expansion is installed she isn't allowed to do anything else but watch the game. :chuckle:
So we have come together on this day to prove symbolically that we are more than a collection of individuals striving one against another, that none of us is too proud, none of us too high, none is too rich, and none too poor, to stand together before the face of the Lord and of the world in this indissoluble, sworn community. And this united nation, we have need of it.

- Adolf Hitler, in Berlin, 01 May 1935
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Witcher: The Wild Hunt 31 May 2016 22:55 #11

  • ..........
  • ..........'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Straight Shooter
  • Posts: 9997
  • Likes received: 2836
I played this game and thought it was good but on the level of Zelda.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Witcher: The Wild Hunt 31 May 2016 22:58 #12

  • Gaia
  • Gaia's Avatar
  • Online
  • Gold Member
  • Posts: 6934
  • Likes received: 1527
Flare wrote:
Gaia wrote:
Flare wrote:
Hmyea, I've noticed a lot of people say "I'm too busy for that" or "I don't have time" lately... but then I always wonder what everyone is actually doing.

I mean, what else can someone do then work, get home, eat, put on the t.v., then go to bed afterwards and rinse and repeat till weekend? :D
With maybe some sports or visit to friends in between, during the weektime... but even then there's still enough free-time left I wonder?

My days only contain 28 hours and I am not even working, although preparing for something to set up in the near future.

You don't pay attention to your wife? :O

Well, my wife is always on the couch right next to me, so we don't overlook eachother.
She watching t.v. and me on the internet, as I can't stand watching t.v. anymore... except for Geordie Shore :D

And I've told her once the expansion is installed she isn't allowed to do anything else but watch the game. :chuckle:

Typical postmodern "family". :umm:

You'd better make some white babies soon. The White Race is getting Extinct because you prefer to play Wild Hunt... :wissl:
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Witcher: The Wild Hunt 31 May 2016 23:20 #13

  • Flare
  • Flare's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 13300
  • Likes received: 5367
.......... wrote:
I played this game and thought it was good but on the level of Zelda.

^ O yea... Zelda on the SNES was really something back in the day. :)

But Witcher definately tops it off imo..

It's a bit like Zelda indeed, but then in an adult setting and low-fantasy which makes it look more realistic, whereas Zelda is high-fantasy.
So we have come together on this day to prove symbolically that we are more than a collection of individuals striving one against another, that none of us is too proud, none of us too high, none is too rich, and none too poor, to stand together before the face of the Lord and of the world in this indissoluble, sworn community. And this united nation, we have need of it.

- Adolf Hitler, in Berlin, 01 May 1935
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Witcher: The Wild Hunt 31 May 2016 23:32 #14

  • Flare
  • Flare's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 13300
  • Likes received: 5367
Gaia wrote:
Flare wrote:
Gaia wrote:
Flare wrote:
Hmyea, I've noticed a lot of people say "I'm too busy for that" or "I don't have time" lately... but then I always wonder what everyone is actually doing.

I mean, what else can someone do then work, get home, eat, put on the t.v., then go to bed afterwards and rinse and repeat till weekend? :D
With maybe some sports or visit to friends in between, during the weektime... but even then there's still enough free-time left I wonder?

My days only contain 28 hours and I am not even working, although preparing for something to set up in the near future.

You don't pay attention to your wife? :O

Well, my wife is always on the couch right next to me, so we don't overlook eachother.
She watching t.v. and me on the internet, as I can't stand watching t.v. anymore... except for Geordie Shore :D

And I've told her once the expansion is installed she isn't allowed to do anything else but watch the game. :chuckle:

Typical postmodern "family". :umm:

You'd better make some white babies soon. The White Race is getting Extinct because you prefer to play Wild Hunt... :wissl:

Lol, like you're any different then the 'typical postmodern family' :larf:
Say hi from me to your wife sitting right next to you on the couch watching t.v. ;)

And lol, the deal with Turkey is on the brink to be sealed, which will make it possible for 80 million Turks to freely roam and settle within the EU.
Polls have shown that approx. 12 million Turks will be heading to the UK alone after the agreement has been made. Basically the same
will happen to Germany and Holland of course. And it won't be their rocket scientists, brainsurgeons and professors heading our way of course.

Now how the hell would my one or two kids bring any difference to that?! Imo it's a bit egocentric to have children knowing we're on the brink of Armageddon here.
So we have come together on this day to prove symbolically that we are more than a collection of individuals striving one against another, that none of us is too proud, none of us too high, none is too rich, and none too poor, to stand together before the face of the Lord and of the world in this indissoluble, sworn community. And this united nation, we have need of it.

- Adolf Hitler, in Berlin, 01 May 1935
Last Edit: 31 May 2016 23:44 by Flare.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Witcher: The Wild Hunt 01 Jun 2016 00:39 #15

  • ..........
  • ..........'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Straight Shooter
  • Posts: 9997
  • Likes received: 2836
Flare wrote:
.......... wrote:
I played this game and thought it was good but on the level of Zelda.

^ O yea... Zelda on the SNES was really something back in the day. :)

But Witcher definately tops it off imo..

It's a bit like Zelda indeed, but then in an adult setting and low-fantasy which makes it look more realistic, whereas Zelda is high-fantasy.

Wait that was a typo it's NOT better than Zelda.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Witcher: The Wild Hunt 01 Jun 2016 01:02 #16

  • Flare
  • Flare's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 13300
  • Likes received: 5367
.......... wrote:
Flare wrote:
.......... wrote:
I played this game and thought it was good but on the level of Zelda.

^ O yea... Zelda on the SNES was really something back in the day. :)

But Witcher definately tops it off imo..

It's a bit like Zelda indeed, but then in an adult setting and low-fantasy which makes it look more realistic, whereas Zelda is high-fantasy.

Wait that was a typo it's NOT better than Zelda.

Zelda definately was very good.
But not better then Witcher 3.

I thought World of Warcraft also was better then Zelda... been playing that game for about 2,5 to 3 years or so, back in the day:



Am wondering what they're going to show us on E3 regarding the new Zelda... I just read the map will be 6 times the size of the Witcher.
So we have come together on this day to prove symbolically that we are more than a collection of individuals striving one against another, that none of us is too proud, none of us too high, none is too rich, and none too poor, to stand together before the face of the Lord and of the world in this indissoluble, sworn community. And this united nation, we have need of it.

- Adolf Hitler, in Berlin, 01 May 1935
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Witcher: The Wild Hunt 01 Jun 2016 23:23 #17

  • Flare
  • Flare's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 13300
  • Likes received: 5367
Kaer Morhen Extended



'Whispers of Oxenfurt' Instrumental Extended

So we have come together on this day to prove symbolically that we are more than a collection of individuals striving one against another, that none of us is too proud, none of us too high, none is too rich, and none too poor, to stand together before the face of the Lord and of the world in this indissoluble, sworn community. And this united nation, we have need of it.

- Adolf Hitler, in Berlin, 01 May 1935
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Witcher: The Wild Hunt 13 Aug 2016 14:27 #18

  • ..........
  • ..........'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Straight Shooter
  • Posts: 9997
  • Likes received: 2836
I was playing the DLC at a friends house yesterday, too many scenes of talking i had to skip through.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Witcher: The Wild Hunt 15 Aug 2016 09:55 #19

  • Flare
  • Flare's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 13300
  • Likes received: 5367
.......... wrote:
I was playing the DLC at a friends house yesterday, too many scenes of talking i had to skip through.

Which DLC..? the first or second expansion?

I've been playing a bit of the last expansion, but stopped at some point and haven't returned since...

And my wife's playing Neverwinter on the ps4 now anyway, lol.
So we have come together on this day to prove symbolically that we are more than a collection of individuals striving one against another, that none of us is too proud, none of us too high, none is too rich, and none too poor, to stand together before the face of the Lord and of the world in this indissoluble, sworn community. And this united nation, we have need of it.

- Adolf Hitler, in Berlin, 01 May 1935
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Witcher: The Wild Hunt 23 Oct 2016 05:18 #20

  • ..........
  • ..........'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Straight Shooter
  • Posts: 9997
  • Likes received: 2836
Beat Heart of Stone today.

Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare
Powered by Kunena Forum

Annual Server Target

Whether its 50 cents or five dollars, your donations are appreciated and help keep this community site running so we can all continue to enjoy using it. Secure transactions via paypal.
This target is to meet our server cost for one year, June 2018 - May 2019, in USD.
$ 340 - Target
( £ 260 GBP )
donation thermometer
donation thermometer
$ 370 - Raised
( £ 284 GBP )
donation thermometer
109%
Updated
2nd April 2019

No one is obliged to donate, please only donate what you can afford. Even the smallest amount helps. Being an active member is a positive contribution. Thank You.