Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pokémon Go

Pokémon Go 19 Jul 2016 04:14 #1

• Flare

Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Pokémon Go 19 Jul 2016 07:03 #2

Oh yes..I will be out all day catching Pokemon...not

:umm:
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare

Pokémon Go 19 Jul 2016 07:11 #3

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
entrangermercenary1 wrote:

I never understood this Pokemon shit. How shallow, empty and useless do you need to be to cling to some Japanese bullshit cartoon. :facepalm:

Says a lot Ze Baby started a "topic" about this...
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

Pokémon Go 19 Jul 2016 07:23 #4

Gaia wrote:

I never understood this Pokemon shit. How shallow, empty and useless do you need to be to cling to some Japanese bullshit cartoon. :facepalm:

To be honest a few hours on a Sunday morning 20 yrs ago would be spent watching Pokemon and Dragon ball Z :O

Nothing wrong with a bit of Japanese :emb:

Pokémon Go 19 Jul 2016 07:26 #5

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
Gaia wrote:

To be honest a few hours on a Sunday morning 20 yrs ago would be spent watching Pokemon and Dragon ball Z :O

Really? Poor you...

I never watched any of that shit. So maybe I am missing out on a "grand culture", but I reckon that's not the case...

I once had an an amazing New Year's night with a Japanese-Brazilian, where we provoked the -not too easily shocked- Amsterdam crowd with some sensual salsa, but that is my experience with "Japanese" culture so far... Still a country on my to-go list, for sure.
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)

Pokémon Go 19 Jul 2016 08:52 #6

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
Gaia wrote:

Studio Ghibli product never fails to entertain and enthral.

You still can't beat Marine Boy from back in the days of innocence, tho'*.

Pokemon Go, not so much.

* Until it was corrupted by fancying a mermaid. "Move her hair, dammnit!"
Last Edit: 19 Jul 2016 08:56 by ragnarok.

Pokémon Go 19 Jul 2016 20:09 #7

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Who tf are those POKEMON weirdos?

That they are joining the ranks of the ANTIFA says it all ...

Pokemon Go vs Pegida: Dozens arrested as game fans & Antifa protest far-right rally in Germany

Video description:
Dozens of Pokemon Go game fans alongside antifa activists took to the streets of Munich on Monday, to protest against PEGIDA activists who were staging a rally at the same time at Odeonsplatz. Dozens of arrests were made during the protest.

Germany: Dozens arrested as Pokemon fans face off with PEGIDA in Munich

Video description:
Dozens of Pokemon Go game fans alongside antifa activists took to the streets of Munich on Monday, to protest against PEGIDA activists who were staging a rally at the same time at Odeonsplatz. Dozens of arrests were made during the protest.

"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 19 Jul 2016 20:10 by PFIZIPFEI.

Pokémon Go 19 Jul 2016 20:16 #8

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
Despite your hatred of everything they stand for "Antifa" aren't a rigid organisation like Pegida, or the KKK, or any of the other militant mobs.

They are a loose-knit collection of individuals who have formed into little groups to make a bigger group that stands up against intimidatory bullies.

If it's intimidatory for muslims to mob up and march up and down making a racket, it's no less so when large groups of white people do it.
Last Edit: 19 Jul 2016 20:17 by ragnarok.

Pokémon Go 19 Jul 2016 20:17 #9

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
Lemmings?

pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/07/13/tarentum-teen-hit-by-car-while-playing-pokemon-go/
PITTSBURGH (KDKA/AP) – A teenager is recovering in the hospital after being hit by a car while playing Pokémon Go in Tarentum.

According to the girl’s mother, she was hit near the intersection of East 9th Avenue and Ross Street around 5 p.m. on Tuesday.

“The game dragged her across that highway,” said the girl’s mom, Tracy Nolan.

Autumn Deiseroth, 15, was crossing the busy four-lane road near the Tarentum Bridge in the heat of rush hour traffic after obtaining a Pokémon near the Heritage Museum. She said she was on her way home, about a block away, when the accident happened.

“The car was flying up the hill,” said Deiseroth. “I was in the middle, tried to get out of the way. I was hit on my side.”

Deiseroth said she was not looking at her phone at the time and looked both ways before attempting to cross the road.

“She was not walking and playing the game. She was coming home to tell her mother she found Pokémon,” said Nolan. “I’m blaming the game itself because it’s dragging kids across highways; major highways. Kids don’t need to be going across highways.”

She suffered bruising to her side and is expected to be released from the hospital Wednesday.

The game, just released last week, is taking the nation by storm.

Unlike other video games, Pokémon Go combines virtual reality with the real-life activity of walking around.

The “augmented reality” game encourages players to wander in the physical world to find and catch new Pokémon on their screens.

The game’s popularity has created unintended consequences in everyday life, from annoyed property owners dealing with hordes of monster hunters to store owners using the game to attract customers.

Kennywood Park even sent out a memo to guests earlier this week that read:

“Do not enter restricted areas looking for Pokémon. It’s dangerous and will get your kicked out of the park.”

The app itself comes with a warning when you open it. It says, “Be alert at all times and stay aware of your surroundings.”

In Northeastern Pennsylvania, three “Pokemon Go” players got locked inside a cemetery.

Police in Dunmore tell The Times-Tribune of Scranton the trio didn’t realize the cemetery closed at dusk. They called police just after 9:30 p.m. Tuesday when they discovered the cemetery’s gates were locked.

Meanwhile, Deiseroth has deleted the app from her phone, and her mother says she will not be getting it back.

When asked if she had any advice for other teenagers, Deiseroth said, “Just be careful. Look where you are going.”

Truth is anti-semitic

Pokémon Go 19 Jul 2016 20:19 #10

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
Any tit who gets injured playing this game gets as much sympathy from me as a pigeon that ends up roadkill does.

Pokémon Go 19 Jul 2016 20:37 #11

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
They are clearly part of the problem ... just like the rag troll ....

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Pokémon Go 19 Jul 2016 20:46 #12

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
Clearly part of what problem? Do you have something other than vague accusations that you want to get off your chest?

What exactly is your problem with Pokemon Go? Don't you like people enjoying themself while you're being a misery guts, or something?

Pokémon Go 19 Jul 2016 21:20 #13

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
ragnarok wrote:
Clearly part of what problem? Do you have something other than vague accusations that you want to get off your chest?

What exactly is your problem with Pokemon Go? Don't you like people enjoying themself while you're being a misery guts, or something?

PFIZIPFEI wrote:
Who tf are those POKEMON weirdos?

That they are joining the ranks of the ANTIFA says it all ...

Pokemon Go vs Pegida: Dozens arrested as game fans & Antifa protest far-right rally in Germany

Video description:

Germany: Dozens arrested as Pokemon fans face off with PEGIDA in Munich

Video description:

This

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Pokémon Go 19 Jul 2016 21:28 #14

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
Pokemon Go afficionados cover a large cross-section of the general public, with black, yellow, coffee-tinged and albinos alike all bonding over their interest.

Did you really expect them to align themselves with the anti-multiculturalists? If they were calling the shots, Japanese games would likely be considered deviant, especially when played in public..

Pokémon Go 20 Jul 2016 17:21 #15

This gave me a little laugh especially as I layed few mines up above Tuzla :wissl:

Pokemon Go: Bosnia players warned of minefields

Bosnians playing the hit mobile game Pokemon Go are being warned to avoid straying into areas still sown with landmines from the war in the 1990s.
A Bosnian demining charity, Posavina bez mina, issued its warning after hearing reports of Pokemon Go users venturing into risky areas.
Players use their smartphones to hunt for cartoon monsters in the real world.
At least 600 people have been killed in landmine accidents in Bosnia since the end of the war in 1995.....Cont

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36841828
Last Edit: 20 Jul 2016 17:23 by entrangermercenary1. Reason: err umm laid lol

Pokémon Go 20 Jul 2016 19:07 #16

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
Players use their smartphones to hunt for cartoon monsters in the real world.

Please tell me this is a joke....please! :twitch:

Pokémon Go 20 Jul 2016 19:11 #17

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
People complain kids/teenagers are stuck in front of their screens getting obese and someone creates a game that gets them out of the house and it's still being frowned upon.

Tough crowd.

If only they could incorporate litter-picking into the game.
Last Edit: 20 Jul 2016 19:12 by ragnarok.

Pokémon Go 20 Jul 2016 19:18 #18

• Flare
I think this is just the beginning of augmented reality gaming.

At some point people could put their google-glasses on and play Battlefield outside:

Crazy.

Pokémon Go 20 Jul 2016 19:23 #19

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
Or be linked to information where dissidents may be hiding out. Instead of Charizards, you seek out activists.

Pokémon Go 21 Jul 2016 20:18 #20

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
Teenager shot dead while searching for creatures in Pokemon Go
'He was already in bed when his cousin sent him a message asking him to go out and download a game a few blocks from the house,' Jerson Lopez de Leon's mother said

A teenager has been killed in what could be the first death of someone playing Pokemon Go.

Jerson Lopez de Leon, who was 18, was ambushed and died after being shot while he was playing the game with cousin Daniel Moises Picen, 17.

It still isn’t clear why the two were attacked, police said. But they have speculated that it may have been that the attackers found the teenagers using the app itself – which has location features that make it possible to encourage people to go to specific areas, or to locate players.

The two were searching for Pokemon on a street in Chiquimula, 120 miles from Guatemala City.

Police found almost 20 bullet casings at the scene of a murder and are now looking for the occupants of a van that was seeing driving from the scene.

The two were walking alongside a railway line when they were shot at, local reports said. Person later died in hospital.

Jerson’s mother, Rosalinda, said that the teenager had left the house to go out and play the augmented reality game.

"I don't know why my son left the house,” she said. “He was already in bed when his cousin sent him a message asking him to go out and download a game a few blocks from the house."

The death appears to be the first one related to the Pokemon Go game, though there is no suggestion that it actually had any responsibility for what happened.

But it is just the latest in a run of problems that have hit people looking for Pokemon. That has included people falling off cliffs and others being lured to be robbed at gunpoint as they search for Pokemon.

The game itself has had issues, because of the huge amount of people looking to play it. Those have included times the game doesn’t work at all, partly because of cyber attacks, and issues within the game.

Walking with a smartphone along a railroad at night in Guatemala. :facepalm:
That's like walking with a T-shirt "I hate niggers" in Soweto. :iitm:

(fake story of course, including the naming mistake "Person")
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare