Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: People of Britain is it time to ask you to make a sacrifice?

People of Britain is it time to ask you to make a sacrifice? 18 Nov 2013 02:39 #1

• jonb
We are a rich people when compared with some parts of the world, and would it not be fair to share some of our riches with those who are in need?
We have to realise that sometimes having too much of a good thing is a problem. For a long time now all our politicians have been telling us in one way or another that the reason that is stopping them from making a better world are the other politicians. We have so many in this country and their conditions are now so crowded that they cannot even all sit down at the same time. We would not treat cattle like this. For their sake and our own would it not be far better if we gave them away to places in need of them?
I suggest we build a large mechanical claw in the roof of the houses of Parliament, and people from other countries who need politicians can select them by video link, catch one and take it away for their own amusement.

Who would not want to see this in action?
Please be prepared to give generously for this good cause!
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, diamondgeezer, pheony, cantata, Chuck Random

People of Britain is it time to ask you to make a sacrifice? 18 Nov 2013 05:16 #2

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Id pay like at least 33 pounds a shot to have a go at that game! :clap:

We dont need them in Australia though we already have enough Representatives of THE CROWN that were born in the UK. :hahano:

Should we drop them in Afghanistan and Libya, they seem to be having problems there, why I do not know :think: </sarcasm>
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb

People of Britain is it time to ask you to make a sacrifice? 18 Nov 2013 06:05 #3

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
I can't sleep, so.... :D

The pen is mightier than the sword
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, jonb

People of Britain is it time to ask you to make a sacrifice? 18 Nov 2013 09:46 #4

• jonb
Novum, what are you talking about? What is that sticking out the top of Parliament house Canberra, If not a giant space claw?
:hahano:
You blokes are technologically years ahead of the rest of us, and it is about time you started admitting it!
Last Edit: 18 Nov 2013 09:46 by jonb.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, pheony, cantata

People of Britain is it time to ask you to make a sacrifice? 18 Nov 2013 17:59 #5

• cantata
  • Silver Member
jonb wrote:
We are a rich people when compared with some parts of the world, and would it not be fair to share some of our riches with those who are in need?
We have to realise that sometimes having too much of a good thing is a problem. For a long time now all our politicians have been telling us in one way or another that the reason that is stopping them from making a better world are the other politicians. We have so many in this country and their conditions are now so crowded that they cannot even all sit down at the same time. We would not treat cattle like this. For their sake and our own would it not be far better if we gave them away to places in need of them?
I suggest we build a large mechanical claw in the roof of the houses of Parliament, and people from other countries who need politicians can select them by video link, catch one and take it away for their own amusement.

Who would not want to see this in action?
Please be prepared to give generously for this good cause!

:D

I want one! :hypo: (Giant claw game, not politician).
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony

People of Britain is it time to ask you to make a sacrifice? 18 Nov 2013 18:28 #6

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive

That's ^^^ bloody brilliant.

People of Britain is it time to ask you to make a sacrifice? 18 Nov 2013 21:53 #7

• Chuck Random
  • Voluntarily Inactive
My only issue with this tremendous idea is the idea of befouling the lands of others abroad.

Can't we just drop them in the sea?
No War But The Class War
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, cantata

People of Britain is it time to ask you to make a sacrifice? 18 Nov 2013 21:58 #8

• cantata
  • Silver Member
... or in the mouth of Mount Vesuvius?

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

User(s) who Liked this post: Chuck Random

People of Britain is it time to ask you to make a sacrifice? 18 Nov 2013 22:10 #9

• Chuck Random
  • Voluntarily Inactive
cantata wrote:
... or in the mouth of Mount Vesuvius?

...And if you get one in there you win a teddy bear?
No War But The Class War
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

People of Britain is it time to ask you to make a sacrifice? 18 Nov 2013 22:35 #10

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Yeah! A REAL teddy bear. To keep as a pet, like those goldfish in plastic bags. :D

People of Britain is it time to ask you to make a sacrifice? 19 Nov 2013 00:43 #11

• jonb
Chuck Random wrote:
My only issue with this tremendous idea is the idea of befouling the lands of others abroad.

Can't we just drop them in the sea?
I must admit I have been on an Absurdist, Groucho Marxist forum from Brasil and they say they already have too many politicians of their own.
What the boys from Brasil say.
As such I am now working on a way to usefully dispose of our waste product. I do not think polluting the sea is a good solution.Nor would I recommend volcanoes as it is bound to make the fire gods angry.
I will update with further developments in a few days.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

People of Britain is it time to ask you to make a sacrifice? 19 Nov 2013 01:34 #12

• novum
  • Platinum Member
jonb wrote:
Novum, what are you talking about? What is that sticking out the top of Parliament house Canberra, If not a giant space claw?

You blokes are technologically years ahead of the rest of us, and it is about time you started admitting it!

Silly me, and there I was all these years thinking it was a tribute to egypt and power structures. :hahano: :fairo:
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare