Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Urban Crime Thread

The Urban Crime Thread 02 Aug 2014 21:39 #101

• Straight Shooter
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Urban Crime Thread 03 Aug 2014 19:58 #102

• Straight Shooter

The Urban Crime Thread 11 Aug 2014 02:37 #103

• Straight Shooter

The Urban Crime Thread 16 Aug 2014 04:48 #104

• Straight Shooter

The Urban Crime Thread 16 Aug 2014 04:53 #105

• Straight Shooter

The Urban Crime Thread 21 Aug 2014 01:15 #106

• Straight Shooter
www.latimes.com/local/la-me-lapd-freeway-shooting-20140820-story.html

A gunman is killed and LAPD officer wounded in rolling gun battle

LAPD officers view the damage to the BearCat armored vehicle after a shootout with a gunman Monday morning. The gunman was killed and an LAPD officer was wounded. (Mark Boster / Los Angeles Times)
The South L.A. violence tied up morning traffic for hours as investigators searched a freeway for evidence
It started like so many police car chases in Los Angeles do.

But when a sport utility vehicle being pursued through South L.A. stopped on a freeway onramp, a gunman carrying a high-powered, assault-type rifle stepped out and opened fire at the police cruiser behind.

The shooting marked the start of a one-mile, rolling gun battle with police that ended when one of two men inside a Chevrolet Tahoe seriously wounded an LAPD officer before police fatally shot the armed suspect. The other person in the SUV was taken into custody.

Thank goodness we had that armored vehicle as a shield because a regular police cruiser would have been Swiss cheese.- Andrew Smith, LAPD commander
The violence tied up early morning traffic for hours and left LAPD investigators combing three crime scenes for bullet casings and other evidence.

The wounded officer, a 22-year department veteran and member of the department's SWAT team for 15 years, suffered a shattered left leg bone when a round went through his calf, police and California Hospital Medical Center officials said. An LAPD spokesman said his injuries were serious but not fatal.

By Monday afternoon, investigators hadn't counted all the rounds fired, and piecing together a precise timeline of what occurred would take weeks, said LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith. Unlike last week's controversial shooting of a mentally disabled man in South L.A., the police cruisers involved in Monday's shooting were outfitted with cameras that captured video of the encounter, he said.

Police said the confrontation started near Florence Avenue and Figueroa Street about 2:20 a.m., when police tried to pull over the Tahoe for reckless driving.

The SUV sped off, police said, leading officers along surface streets before heading onto the 110 Freeway. The Tahoe briefly got off the freeway before stopping on the Vernon Avenue onramp, where the gunman traded fire with chasing LAPD officers, police said.

After speeding off again, the assailants got off the freeway at Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and drove east into the industrial area of South-Central near the USC campus and crashed into a curb at 37th and Hill streets, Smith said. The two men ran from the car and hid as police searched the neighborhood. Officers set up a perimeter and called in two helicopters, a SWAT team and police dogs, he said.

About two hours after the chase began, a police dog found one of the men in a dumpster. Officers lobbed in a flash grenade to stun the man and used pepper spray to subdue him and take him into custody. Smith said the man was 19 but provided no other identifying information.

The second man was found soon afterward carrying a rifle about a block away on Grand Avenue between 38th and 37th streets. The department's SWAT team used one of its two BearCat armored vehicles, a $150,000 rescue vehicle bought in 2003, to shield them as they approached the gunman.

The gunman peppered the BearCat with bullets, striking the SWAT officer, before he was killed by return fire, Smith said.

"Thank goodness we had that armored vehicle as a shield because a regular police cruiser would have been Swiss cheese," Smith said.

The gunman was identified late Monday as Andre Maurice Jones, 37, of Los Angeles. The rifle the man was wielding is "rare," Smith said, and was modified with a plastic stock, assault rifle pistol grip and a high-capacity drum magazine.

Northbound lanes of the Harbor Freeway leading to downtown L.A. were closed for several hours during the investigation, backing up morning commute traffic for miles. The freeway was reopened at 12:30 p.m., according to the California Highway Patrol

The Urban Crime Thread 22 Aug 2014 17:21 #107

• Straight Shooter

The Urban Crime Thread 22 Aug 2014 17:31 #108

• Mr Cappy
  • Capricornus
I am not sure what this thread is meant to be about!

But I thought I'd give you this.... 1985, gangster stylee! My mum hated this!

The opprobrium of striving for a future that never comes.
Last Edit: 22 Aug 2014 17:34 by Mr Cappy.
User(s) who Liked this post: Orangeaid, SPIGot

The Urban Crime Thread 24 Sep 2014 09:22 #109

• Straight Shooter
www.suntimes.com/photos/galleries/index.html?story=29985845

Four held without bond in shooting death of 9-year-old
A gang member recently out of jail shot and killed a 9-year-old boy because he thought the child was warning his intended targets — rival gang members, Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy said Friday. “This didn’t have to happen,” McCarthy told reporters as he announced …

The Urban Crime Thread 24 Sep 2014 15:00 #110

.......... wrote:

Funny how tin foil hat wars is looking more like Fox News and CNN by the day now. That's quite an impressive studio that fat boy Jones now sits in. He's come quite a way since his days of broadcasting on a CB radio from a garden shed, and it's hard to tell the difference these days between Glen Beck of Faux news and the megalomaniac Alex Jones. Infowars covers some good info at times, but Jones engages in outright fear-mongering and puts his own spin on things. They never talk about the Powerful Jewish lobby groups that run America either.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius

The Urban Crime Thread 24 Sep 2014 16:18 #111

• spectero
  • Everybody Lets Rock
  • Endure
.......... wrote:

If there's beef cock it and dump it
The drama really means nothing to me
I'll ride by and blow ya brains out
There's no time to cock it, no way you can stop it
When niggas run up on you with them thangs out
I do what I gotta do, I don't care I if get caught
The DA can play this motherfucking tape in court
I'll kill you
I ain't playing, hear what I'm saying, homie, I ain't playing
Catch you slipping I'mma kill you
I ain't playing, hear what I'm saying, uomie I ain't playing

[Verse 1]
Keep thinking I'm candy 'till ya fucking skull get popped
And ya brain jump out the top like Jack-in-the-box
In the hood summer time is the killing season
It's hot out this bitch that's a good enough reason
I've seen gangstas get religious when they start bleeding
Saying "Lord, Jesus help me" cause they ass leaking
When they window roll down and that A.K. come out
You can squeeze ya little handgun until you run out
And you can run for ya backup
But them machine gun shells gone tear ya back up
God's on ya side? Shit, I'm aight with that
Cause we gon' reload them clips and come right back
It's a fact, homie, you go against me ya fucked
I get the drop, if you can duck ya luckier then Lady Luck
Look, nigga, don't think you safe cause you moved out the hood
Cause ya mama still around, dawg, and that ain't good
If you was smart you'd be shook of me
Cause I'd get tired of looking for ya, spray ya mama crib
And let ya ass look for me

[Hook]

[Verse 2]
My heart bleeds for you, nigga, I can't wait to get to you
Behind that twinkle in ya eyes I can see the bitch in you
Nigga, you know the streets talk
So they'll be no white flags and no peace talks
I got my back against the wind, I'm down to ride 'till the sun burn out
If I die today I'm happy how my life turned out
See the shootouts that I've been in I'm by myself
Locked up I was in a box by myself
I done made myself a millionaire by myself
Now shit changed, motherfucker, I can hire some help
I done heard about the 50 grand you put in the hood
But ya shooter fin'nin to get shot, it won't do him no good
With a pistol I define the definition of pain
If you survive ya bones'll still fucking hurt when it rain
Oh, you a pro at playing battleship? Well, this ain't the same
Little homie this is a whole different type of war game
See the losers end up in shackles and motherfucking chains
Or laid out in the streets leaking out they brains

[Hook]

[Bridge]
After the fist fights it's gunfire, boy, you get the best of me
If you don't wanna get shot I suggest you don't go testing me
All the wrong I've done the Lord still keep on blessing me
Fin'nin to run rap cause Dr. Dre got the recipe

[Outro]
Yeah, uh ha, aye Dre
You got me feeling real bulletproof up in this motherfucker
Cause my windows on my motherfucking Benz is bulletproof, nigga
Cause my motherfucking vest is bulletproof, nigga
Cause my motherfuckin hat is bulletproof, nigga
But the Doc said if I get hit I might get a fucking concussion
Better that then a hole in the head right, nigga?

:nono:

Dotty...Hmm so what you are implying is that black people are so thick that they blindly copy the actions of some fake ass wannabe gangsta like what 50 cent is...He ain't even the REAL 50 cent either but whatever. The black Gang-banger lifestyle runs a lot deeper than rap records...As a " ghetto busybody " I thought you would know that.
" I was bored before I even began ".
Last Edit: 24 Sep 2014 16:51 by spectero.

The Urban Crime Thread 21 Oct 2014 00:27 #112

• Straight Shooter
Since the death of Trayvon Martin in February 2012, we have seen an outpouring of rage from the black community over a “white” man killing a black teen. We already know Zimmerman isn’t really white, but he is still not black either. Whether or not Zimmerman is white or Hispanic isn’t my point. All that matters is that he killed a black person and he isn’t black. Why is that? If George Zimmerman was a black man would anybody give a damn? No! They wouldn’t care at all. Like Mark O’Mara said, if Zimmerman was black he would never have been charged.

The most recent statistics from the Bureau of Justice Statistics show that from 1976 through 2011 there were 279,384 black victims of homicide. The interesting part is that 94% of that 279,384 were black on black murders, meaning that since 1976, only 16,763 black people have been murdered by non-black people. That leaves 262,621 who were killed by another black person. To put this in perspective; a Tuskegee Institute study found that there were only 3,446 blacks lynched by white people from 1882 through 1968. Over a 35 year period, black people have killed each other 76 times more than there were lynched over an 84 year period during the height of racism in America.

More black people have been killed by other black people in the last three years than all the blacks that died in the Korean War (3,075), the Vietnam War (7,243), and all wars since 1980 (8,970), a total of 18,515.

Considering that blacks only make up 13% of the population it is absolutely ridiculous that they account for 50% of all murder victims.

Black on black killing goes beyond just regular old murder. Abortion, while it is legal is still murder in some people’s eyes, and despite how you look at it, abortion is still the evacuation of a life. While white women have more abortions (around 650,000) each year, once again black women have a higher abortion rate. Black women had 448,000 abortions in 2007, according to the Census. In case that doesn’t translate for you let me break it down. 48.2%! No that does not mean 48.2% of abortions were black people, that means that 48.2% of all black women between age 15 and 44 had an abortion in 2007. It was even worse in 2006 when over half of all black women in the same age group had an abortion. That is opposed to 13.8% of white women age 15-44.

When homicide and abortion victims are put together, almost 500,000 black people are killed every year by people of their own race. Al Sharpton called the outcome of the Zimmerman trial a “TRAVESTY to anyone who loves justice.” I wonder what you call the purposeful disposal of half a million blacks a year Mr. Sharpton?

And all of these buffoons marching around in hoodies screaming, “No justice, no peace,” where is your outrage over this? One black teenager is killed and the whole nation perks up, but the same people don’t bat an eyelash at a half million killed annually. WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE?

misguidedchildren.com/justice/2013/07/where-is-the-outrage-over-black-on-black-crime

So they're killing each other over rap music in England now, Anti-Racist get in here and defend these thugs. 27 Mar 2016 03:27 #113

• Straight Shooter
Ok so these rappers who are rich driving Porsches are killing each other with automatic weapons over black culture.

Anti-Racist get in here and tell us about how these poverty stricken rappers were good boys who dindu nuffin.

So they're killing each other over rap music in England now, Anti-Racist get in here and defend these thugs. 27 Mar 2016 17:40 #114

• Straight Shooter
This culture has literally been imported from the US to UK.

The kids reaction to him getting arrested say's all you need to know.

So they're killing each other over rap music in England now, Anti-Racist get in here and defend these thugs. 27 Mar 2016 17:48 #115

• GMP
  • Silver Member
I'm generally opposed to gun violence but in the case of Rapper on Rapper shootings I say..
Keep up that good work lads.
:)
If ever there was a musical genre that would benefit greatly from having far fewer performers than that genre is (C)Rap.
User(s) who Liked this post: Voltaire, bd

So they're killing each other over rap music in England now, Anti-Racist get in here and defend these thugs. 27 Mar 2016 17:52 #116

• ragnarok
  • Gold Member
It's the gangsters who don't show their faces on rap videos that you need to watch out for.

So they're killing each other over rap music in England now, Anti-Racist get in here and defend these thugs. 27 Mar 2016 17:53 #117

• Straight Shooter
GMP wrote:
If ever there was a musical genre that would benefit greatly from having far fewer performers than that genre is (C)Rap.

In America it's considered a "culture" not a "genre" just to clarify that.

www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/03/will_thuggish_hiphop_culture_destroy_austins_sxsw.html

So they're killing each other over rap music in England now, Anti-Racist get in here and defend these thugs. 27 Mar 2016 17:56 #118

• GMP
  • Silver Member
.......... wrote:
GMP wrote:

In America it's considered a "culture" not a "genre" just to clarify that.

www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/03/will_thuggish_hiphop_culture_destroy_austins_sxsw.html
'Rap Culture'?
Gotta be an oxymoron.
Rap is just shit.
User(s) who Liked this post: Exorcist

So they're killing each other over rap music in England now, Anti-Racist get in here and defend these thugs. 28 Mar 2016 03:37 #119

• Straight Shooter

So they're killing each other over rap music in England now, Anti-Racist get in here and defend these thugs. 28 Mar 2016 05:07 #120

• dentedarthur
  • Fresh Member
GMP wrote:
'Rap Culture'?
Gotta be an oxymoron.
Rap is just shit.

Hip 'op will get you going again ;)
Keep your spirit level