Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: homeless homes project

homeless homes project 14 May 2014 09:37 #1

• thoreau
www.homelesshomesproject.org/

love this - using thrown items to create portable living spaces for the homeless. Whilst it in no way addresses the causes of homelessness or long term solutions it does offer a short term roof for those in need :)

from their page

'Our goal is to bring together imaginative people and discarded materials to make sturdy, innovative, mobile shelters for homeless people. By sourcing our materials from illegal street dumping, commercial waste and excess household items, we strive to diminish moneys influence over the building process'

gallery here www.seenimages.com/homelesshomesproject
Freedom of Speech is the liberty to say what you like, not a freedom from any kind of criticism if the views you freely express happen to be ill thought out rubbish.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

homeless homes project 14 May 2014 13:44 #2

Seems like quite a good idea, but as you quite correctly pointed out, it doesn't solve what is causing all this misery in the first place. Greed! I still look in skips if I'm driving past one that looks interesting. I've found some amazing things in skips that people are just chucking out without giving any second thought. One of my spare computers was from a skip.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 14 May 2014 13:45 by Return of Zorro.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.