Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: "Cynicism linked to Dementia"

"Cynicism linked to Dementia" 01 Jun 2014 17:02 #1

• Jagged Hope
  • Fresh Member
Spot the narrative :roll:

"A new study in the latest edition of Neurology, the journal of the American Academy of Neurology, found that cynical people have a higher likelihood of developing dementia.

Cynicism is a deep mistrust of others. Psychologists consider it a kind of chronic anger that develops over time.

Specifically, the kind of cynicism researchers looked at involved doubting the truth of what people say and believing most people are motivated by self-interest rather than by what is best for the community.

The study tested 1,449 people with an average age of 71. The study participants took a test for dementia. A separate test measured their level of cynicism. Both tests are considered reliable by researchers.

The cynicism test asks if the person agrees with statements like "Most people will use somewhat unfair reasons to gain profit or an advantage rather than lose it"; "I think most people would lie to get ahead"; and "It is safer to trust nobody."

Those who agreed with the critical statements in the test were considered highly cynical. The people with the highest level of cynical distrust had a 2.54 times greater risk of dementia than those with the lowest cynicism rating."

www.cnn.com/2014/05/28/health/cynical-dementia/index.html?hpt=hp_bn13
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: sketti

"Cynicism linked to Dementia" 01 Jun 2014 18:22 #2

• Annakissd
  • Fresh Member
I think most people in there 70's have obviously pretty much had their fill of trusting the world around them.

Seems like a silly, pointless and flawed piece of scientific research.
What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.

"Cynicism linked to Dementia" 01 Jun 2014 18:36 #3

• TheCatsMeow
  • Fresh Member
:yerright: That'll be aimed at conspiracy "theorist's" and those who support them, then!
Last Edit: 01 Jun 2014 18:37 by TheCatsMeow.
User(s) who Liked this post: Jagged Hope

"Cynicism linked to Dementia" 01 Jun 2014 18:54 #4

• Annakissd
  • Fresh Member
'Stop doubting and be more optimistic, and you'll never suffer the pain of dementia!'

(New slogan)
What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.

"Cynicism linked to Dementia" 01 Jun 2014 19:01 #5

• TheCatsMeow
  • Fresh Member
Whoop-e-doo! :umm:
More double-speak which, basically, means "Don't question us. Just do as you're told!" :joker:

"Cynicism linked to Dementia" 01 Jun 2014 19:48 #6

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
  • Government is simply a conspiracy against a nation!
Ignorance is bliss.

People become more cynical with age because they have often witness the results of false claims particularly those made by political parties etc. Recognising that and rationalising it while being considered a sufferer of dementia would seem to indicate that they still retain a degree of cognitive ability, despite the medical/psychological establishments use of drugs designed to damage peoples natural mental abilities.

The best way to avoid dementia would seem to be the consumption of coconut or mct oil and avoid pharmaceutical drugs such as Statins and the vast amounts of psychological drugs being administered to the general population. Are Drugs Behind Dementia Epidemic?

The decline in the nutritional value of traditional foods and the introduction of artificial ingredients over the past 50 years is probably a significant cause of dementia and mental health generally. The war on natural fat consumption is also a major contributory factor as cholesterol plays an important part in the maintenance of brain matter. Low fat and the introduction of vegetable fats causes major issues with respect to cognitive ability and healthy brain functions - which a growing number of medical practitioners and researchers are trying to bring to the attention of the public. Despite that the mainstream views are being up held by the official medical establishment with the support of mainstream media.

Fluorinated water is another factor that has an impact on brain function.

Cynicism directed towards the system is born out of the failure of the State to serve the people it is supposed to act on behalf of. It's not hard to present evidence to support the fact that the State fails to meet its obligations. Maybe the idiots that conduct these stupid surveys and pseudo scientific studies should look up and observe the world about them? Maybe then they would realise the cause of the apparent cynicism and the true nature of the issues and causes.

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James
User(s) who Liked this post: Oracle, Jagged Hope

"Cynicism linked to Dementia" 01 Jun 2014 19:54 #7

• Oracle
  • Futurist & Anthropogenist
Frog wrote:

Cynicism directed towards the system is born out of the failure of the State to serve the people it is supposed to act on behalf of. It's not hard to present evidence to support the fact that the State fails to meet its obligations. Maybe the idiots that conduct these stupid surveys and pseudo scientific studies should look up and observe the world about them? Maybe then they would realise the cause of the apparent cynicism and the true nature of the issues and causes.

Its also born out of experience, bad experience, and if things come to pass again, like ground hog day.
I can be a cynic, if I talk about my country's poor state of affairs and high rank treason by the very same people who betrayed us again and again.
The resident shill announced
blue_tackler wrote:
please make my profile inactive, I no longer want to have any connection to this forum.

yet he is trolling further. :facepalm:

blue_tackler wrote:
the lice are only going to jump onto other typhus victim

Prime example of holocaustianity mental issues, clinically insane, and utterly ill informed, a danger to public health if this dude was working for CDC.
User(s) who Liked this post: Frog, PFIZIPFEI

"Cynicism linked to Dementia" 01 Jun 2014 21:17 #8

• peacenik
  • Immortal
For what it's worth, ....I 've known several people who have dementia that were known for being chronically cynical before developing dementia.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu

"Cynicism linked to Dementia" 01 Jun 2014 23:09 #9

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
  • Government is simply a conspiracy against a nation!
peacenik wrote:
For what it's worth, ....I 've known several people who have dementia that were known for being chronically cynical before developing dementia.

The problem is dementia is becoming more common so does that mean more people have a mindset that was rooted in cynicism previously?

I know several people who were deeply cynical throughout their lives and even now in their 70's and 80's they retain their cognitive abilities and their life long cynicism. The cynicism seems to have remain much the same if not somewhat greater as they grow older.

Once the government make regular doses of Soma compulsory the occurrence of cynicism will decline hugely. Lots of happy and contented delta's will attend to the needs of an ever growing population of dementia sufferers. In communities where the onset begins in younger but seemingly content members of the community. At which point some dude will produce a study that reports psychotherapy drugs cause dementia - because artificial attempts to control the natural activity of the brain doesn't prevent the subconscious affects truth and reality have on the mind, despite the illusions created by artificial physical and mental environments.

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James

"Cynicism linked to Dementia" 01 Jun 2014 23:31 #10

• Oracle
  • Futurist & Anthropogenist
Cynism can also be a kind of valse to release some steam.
A critical mind can sometimes better deal with the realities which can be found underneath the media induced artifical reality, which doesn't exist except on TV and Newspapers etc.

I think cynism is related to political cabaret, I mean sharp one, no pc circus.
You know, the guys they regularly ban from screen due to heretic offences, ie talking about Goldmann & sachs or the Trilaterals.
The resident shill announced
blue_tackler wrote:
please make my profile inactive, I no longer want to have any connection to this forum.

yet he is trolling further. :facepalm:

blue_tackler wrote:
the lice are only going to jump onto other typhus victim

Prime example of holocaustianity mental issues, clinically insane, and utterly ill informed, a danger to public health if this dude was working for CDC.

"Cynicism linked to Dementia" 01 Jun 2014 23:50 #11

• novum
  • Platinum Member
I think they would like to see cynicism labelled as a mental illness, especially if directed towards politicians.

There would be alot of people with 'mental illness' these days if they did that though.

Im cynical about the Henry Jackson initiative for inclusive capitalism for example... but i think the ones creating that think tank are the ones who are losing it upstairs!
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
User(s) who Liked this post: Jagged Hope

"Cynicism linked to Dementia" 02 Jun 2014 12:57 #12

• Straight Shooter
peacenik wrote:

I have also...

But not people who were cynical about the government or politics.

Just people who weren't very upbeat and did not have much fun in life.

Some people really enjoy life and others are miserable and always angry.

I would not doubt for a minute that miserable and cynical people have more health problems.

"Cynicism linked to Dementia" 02 Jun 2014 13:31 #13

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

Cynicism

a Greek philosophy of the 4th century B.C. advocating the doctrines that virtue is the only good, that the essence of virtue is self-control and individual freedom, and that surrender to any external influence is beneath the dignity of man.

www.thefreedictionary.com/Cynism

:study:
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare