Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Unsexing The Language

Unsexing The Language 21 Jun 2014 22:38 #1

• Timesarrow
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Great article on how language has been perverted and distorted to serve liberal ends:

Yesterday I stopped by a Methodist church that was having a charity Christmas-tree sale. A man told me the sale was over for the day and then wished me “Happy Holidays.”

“Don’t you mean ‘Merry Christmas’?” I asked, smoke coming out of my ears.

Yes, this is the season in which we must spare the sensitivities of Jews—and now Hindus and Buddhists and atheists, I suppose—by downgrading Christmas to just another “holiday.” Even people who sell Christmas trees at churches don’t dare utter the offensive word.

Christmas has not been completely rubbed out, though. Surely the preacher, from the safety of his altar, will bring himself to wish the congregation a Merry Christmas. Greater damage to the language has been done by everything having to do with “gender.”

First, let’s get one thing straight: We humans don’t have a gender; we have a sex—until recently, just one each. Gender is a grammatical term used in languages such as French and Spanish to describe the differences between such things as masculine and feminine nouns, and adjectives that agree with them. Examples are la grande fille and le grand garçon. English has gender in such words as waiter/waitress and actor/actress.

In the past, writers occasionally used “gender” instead of “sex,” as in this 1723 letter written by Lady Mary Montagu:

To say truth, I have never had any great esteem for the fair sex, and my only consolation for being of that gender has been the assurance it gave me of never being married to any one among them.

It wasn’t until the 1960s that feminists cranked up the word “gender” as a replacement for sex, but D. H. Lawrence unwittingly pushed things in that direction back in 1929. He was the first to use the word “sex” as a euphemism for coitus rather than to mean what distinguishes men from women. The expression “to have sex” is an absurd construction when you think about what the word “sex” really means, but it is now ubiquitous. It’s also completely unnecessary. English has plenty of polite words for the act—coitus, copulation, intercourse, rutting, congress—and even situational refinements such as adultery and fornication. The impolite variants are endless.

Thanks to D. H. Lawrence, even movies or books can now “have a lot of sex” in them, when before his time they would have been lewd, lascivious, or lubricious. The point is that once sex ceased to be merely a clinical distinction and also began to mean copulation, the feminists had an opening and offered “gender” as a replacement. But they wanted to do a lot more than that.

Feminists were willing to keep “sex” as a mere biological detail, but “gender” was much more important. It meant all the oppressive freight society loaded onto women which kept them from their natural roles as mathematicians and physicists and made them want to have children. Now we have grotesque expressions such as “gender equality,” “gender-neutral,” and “gender-inclusive.”

“Gender” was meant to work the way “race as a social construct” works. Race, the lefties tell us, is a sociological optical illusion that has nothing to do with biology. We may think there are racial differences, but it’s all in our minds. That’s exactly what feminists wanted us to think about sex. “Gender” means “sex as a social construct.” It’s only brutish custom, not biology, that makes men into soldiers and women into nurses.

“Gender” was the name for this fraud that the left trotted out from the world of grammar and dressed up in fancy ideological clothes. So far, no one has come up with a word that means “race as a social construct.” I suggest “render.” It’s just ridiculous enough to appeal to lefties.

But the feminists were too successful with “gender.” It became so common it began to lose its ideological baggage and started to mean just, well, sex. Forms now ask for your “gender”—and it’s not to thwart the jokers who used to write in “as often as possible.”

“Gender” is one of those words that has been slipped into the language for baldly political purposes. “Homeless” is another one. Sometime in the 1970s, all the world’s bums and winos got a promotion and became “the homeless,” as if their trim houses in the suburbs had all just been leveled by tornadoes.

The feminists have done even worse things, such as bullying us into breaking the laws of grammar. It is a peculiarity of English that we use the singular pronoun “he” and the possessive “his” when the subject’s sex is unspecified, as in “Each student has his own desk.” The students can be boys or girls, but each has a desk. Feminists can’t stand this. They claim that “his” excludes half the population, but this is absurd. Did anyone ever think that “He who hesitates is lost” doesn’t apply to women? Or that only men would be living in the workers’
paradise of “From each according to his ability, to each according to his need”?

Once again, however, Americans have been browbeaten into either the clumsy “his or her” or the ungrammatical “their,” as in “Each student has their own desk.” “Their” is pathetically, miserably wrong. It is the plural possessive, as in “The fourth-graders left their classroom.” However, when Twitter wants you to find out more about someone, you can click to “View their profile.” What craven surrender!

This kind of language subversion comes only from the left. Every change is a tiny attempt to poison someone’s mind—if not yours then your children’s. Today, plenty of young people would be astonished to be told that “Every student should do their homework” is as wrong as “They goes home.”

Every day, the left is beavering away at the language. Fight back. Proudly use such sentences as “Man is a mammal so he suckles his young.”

And in the meantime, Merry Christmas. Or should I say “Mary Christmas”? After all, she did all the work, didn’t she?

takimag.com/article/unsexing_the_language_jared_taylor/print#ixzz35JP6iCMg
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Orangeaid, Seaic, KoreBolt

Unsexing The Language 22 Jun 2014 00:29 #2

• Seaic
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Another ridiculous and farcical use of language by political correctness Thought Police :larf: ;

When a little boy asserts himself, he's called a “leader.” Yet when a little girl does the same, she risks being branded “bossy.” Words like bossy send a message: don't raise your hand or speak up. By middle school, girls are less interested in leading than boys—a trend that continues into adulthood. Together we can encourage girls to lead.

Their YouTube video ;

There are clearly gender-specific issues in society, but in my opinion things like this just make a mockery of serious campaigners and activists. It's like satire ; but it's very much real.

http://banbossy.com/
Last Edit: 22 Jun 2014 01:21 by Seaic. Reason: fixed broken link
User(s) who Liked this post: Orangeaid, Timesarrow

Unsexing The Language 22 Jun 2014 01:26 #3

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
You can still use b*tch! Some American friends (loathe Obama and modern liberalism) told me about the "Bossy" stunt. Pretty ridiculous being headed by Beyonce.

The lists of liberal thought policing words are exhaustive. I used to bother using trying to use them, until I rejected the thought policing.

I use the usual terms prior to the explosion of liberal thought policing out of US gender studies programmes. It's a lot of fun using those words with a brainwashed liberal. You can see the steam coming out of their ears!! :D
Last Edit: 22 Jun 2014 01:41 by Orangeaid.
User(s) who Liked this post: Seaic, Timesarrow, KoreBolt

Unsexing The Language 22 Jun 2014 17:39 #4

• Timesarrow
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Re: bossy, that is ridiculous, as I was at school with plenty of "bossy" girls, who weren't demonstrating great leadership qualities etc, they were just annoying, entitled, spoiled bullies!

"Bossy" connotes trying to control and dominate others into doing things they don't want to do - how is that a good thing?! Real leaders don't NEED to be bossy, because people look up to and listen to them naturally. "Bossiness" is the result of thwarted frustration from someone who no-one else likes very much - think Angelica in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory:

Bossiness is not a trait to be admired or encouraged, and little girls (and boys) should be chastised if they are exhibiting it - it is invariably the result of lax parenting where children aren't disciplined properly, and continue to believe they are the centre of the universe - then are scandalised when everyone else fails to realise this and do exactly as they say..

This is just more social engineering to quash the natural, normal traits in girls to be friendly, helpful and caring (this is NOT the same as being passive or submissive) and to encourage them to start their corporate psychopathy early. It's long since been known psychopaths do well in business - ruthless risk-takers who don't care about others - so no wonder the elites want to induct it in children as soon as possible.
User(s) who Liked this post: Orangeaid, Seaic

Unsexing The Language 22 Jun 2014 17:42 #5

• Timesarrow
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Also, do you know who I think of when I think of the word 'bossy'?

I_AM from our favourite forum

Now there's something to aspire to, eh girls? :roll:
User(s) who Liked this post: Seaic, KoreBolt

Unsexing The Language 26 Jun 2014 16:31 #6

• Timesarrow
  • Voluntarily Inactive
This is unbelievable - the liberal-feminist-elite now want to ban the word SORRY!

Their aim is to completely destroy manners (a big part of morality) and have all girls rude, abrasive, selfish, dead inside corporate psychopaths. I mean we already knew that, but I've never seen propaganda quite THIS blatant before - !

[url=http://]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzL-vdQ3ObA[/url]
Last Edit: 26 Jun 2014 16:36 by Timesarrow.
User(s) who Liked this post: Seaic, KoreBolt

Unsexing The Language 26 Jun 2014 16:42 #7

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
Timesarrow wrote:

the dusty muffed old hag ..... now who'd want to aspire to be that? :chuckle:
User(s) who Liked this post: Timesarrow

Unsexing The Language 26 Jun 2014 16:43 #8

• KoreBolt
  • Chwilio am y gwirionedd, a bydd yn gosod i chi am ddim.
They are surely upping their agenda. As clear as it is for us, it will modify alot of peoples attitude and once again...as I always say.... condition a society more.

They are the main catalysts of hate, fear, vanity, selfishness, apathy, discord, jealousy, ignorance and arrogance.
- KoreBolt

Conspiracy Theorist - A derogatory term used to intimidate critical thinkers and truth seekers. It's not a conspiracy theory if we can prove it. Why can't they answer all our vital questions?
User(s) who Liked this post: Seaic, Timesarrow

Unsexing The Language 26 Jun 2014 16:47 #9

• Seaic
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Timesarrow wrote:

Do you think we should all chip in and buy her a nice Ban Bossy t-shirt? I do. :yup:

Timesarrow wrote:
This is unbelievable - the liberal-feminist-elite now want to ban the word SORRY!

Their aim is to completely destroy manners (a big part of morality) and have all girls rude, abrasive, selfish, dead inside corporate psychopaths. I mean we already knew that, but I've never seen propaganda quite THIS blatant before - !

Haha, that video really is stupid - but it's completely FALSE! In England at least, every other word is "sorry", from men aswell. It's called manners. What is better? - A) - "Sorry, could I just squeeze past you?" or B) - "Out of my way!"
User(s) who Liked this post: Timesarrow, KoreBolt

Unsexing The Language 26 Jun 2014 16:47 #10

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
Timesarrow wrote:

but they've got nice hair when they're being vapid rude b*tches!

The libtard propaganda under Obama has been extreme. he's an underachieving communist married to a closeted black power lesbian (tranny ?) wife who's also a communist and who has delegated large tasks to his chief of staff, another black power lesbian communist.

fiscal and economic prudence aren't they're priorities
User(s) who Liked this post: Seaic, Timesarrow, KoreBolt

Unsexing The Language 26 Jun 2014 16:55 #11

• Timesarrow
  • Voluntarily Inactive
The most ridiculous thing is, the way "sorry" is being used in this video and the way most of us use it day-to-day is not actually an apology, it's a courtesy, a synonym of "excuse me".

So this video starts with "why are women always apologising?" - they're not! If I say to someone in a crowded shop, "sorry, could I just get past you there?", am I actually apologising for wanting to get past them, or am I just being POLITE?!

And secondly, actually apologising for something is well known to be a sign of strength, since the saying "sorry is the hardest word" didn't come from nowhere!

The message of the video is blatantly "do whatever you want and to hell with how it affects others" ("do what thou will...") - and note almost all the people they stop saying sorry to are MEN. The clear intonation is that it's bullying, oppressive men who force women into submissive apologetic stances and make them say 'sorry' all the time, so it's time to rise up and start putting those evil oppressors in their place, girls!

The agenda has never been this transparent, and it is sickening.
User(s) who Liked this post: Seaic