Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How do you feel about Anarchy...........................In Uganda

How do you feel about Anarchy.......................​....In Uganda 24 Jun 2014 19:07 #1

• Straight Shooter
sanctum.truth-zone.net/forum/Big-Brother--Government--Politics--Foreign-Policy/91359-anarchy-in-uganda.html

www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh99rdO9yCQ5c4OlvB

Just curious how people here at Truth Zone feel about Anarchy in comparison to those in the Sanctum zone thread..
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

How do you feel about Anarchy.......................​....In Uganda 24 Jun 2014 19:17 #2

There is still no anarchy in Uganda.

Why persist?
:D
Coz he's a dedicated swallower of fascism

How do you feel about Anarchy.......................​....In Uganda 24 Jun 2014 19:25 #3

• Straight Shooter
Android Replicant wrote:
There is still no anarchy in Uganda.

Why persist?
:D

Lets see how the others here at Truth Zone feel about that since we already had 15 pages to talk about it on SZ.

How do you feel about Anarchy.......................​....In Uganda 24 Jun 2014 19:34 #4

• Seaic
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Ugandan people can do what they like in Uganda, it is their nation and any right-thinking person supports their sovereignty.
User(s) who Liked this post: Orangeaid, peacenik

How do you feel about Anarchy.......................​....In Uganda 24 Jun 2014 19:40 #5

• Straight Shooter
Seaic wrote:
Ugandan people can do what they like in Uganda, it is their nation and any right-thinking person supports their sovereignty.

So you would agree with the village people in the OP videos decision to discipline how they felt accordingly?

Even if the punishment is worse then what western world cops would have gave them for stealing?

How do you feel about Anarchy.......................​....In Uganda 24 Jun 2014 19:51 #6

• Seaic
  • Voluntarily Inactive
.......... wrote:
So you would agree with the village people in the OP videos decision to discipline how they felt accordingly?

Even if the punishment is worse then what western world cops would have gave them for stealing?

I don't agree with mob violence, but why do non-Ugandans have the right to impose non-Ugandan values on Uganda? It's like when there's a big media commotion about Thailand executing drug-dealers, or Saudi Arabia cutting thieves' hands off - I don't support or agree with those actions, but it's their country and the people have to deal with it. Foreigners have no right to foist foreign values on nations.
User(s) who Liked this post: Oracle, Orangeaid, KoreBolt, peacenik

How do you feel about Anarchy.......................​....In Uganda 24 Jun 2014 20:46 #7

• peacenik
  • Immortal
To be truthful, I haven't kept up with all that's going on in Uganda. What's going on in the Ukraine and Iraq are far more important to me.

I do however salute Uganda's anti-gay law. Not that I have it in for gays specifically, I am just tired of seeing the gay agenda being pushed down everyone's throat in every country in the world.

Good on Uganda for opposing the gay agenda crap.

The US withholds Foreign Aid to countries who don't support the gay agenda. Uganda deserves a thumbs up for resisting the US.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
User(s) who Liked this post: Oracle, Seaic

How do you feel about Anarchy.......................​....In Uganda 24 Jun 2014 23:53 #8

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
They were brilliant in outsmarting the West by introducing anti-homosexual laws knowing full well they would inflame western libtards who'd threaten or actually withdraw aid.

Uganda was one of many developing nations who was sick to death of the West's "carrot and stick" approach to foreign aid, then leading them down the IMF / World Bank path to debt funded development and Anglo-Jewish imperialism.

China provides simple no strings attached funding to nations to develop its resources. Nations like Uganda want the funding, China wants the resources. Simple.

The anti-homosexual laws were inflammatory enough that western libtards did as expected and showed typical liberal "peace love and tolerance" by demonising Uganda and withdrawing aid.

Uganda said a huge halelujah. They cut ties with the west and could get the funding they wanted without all the manipulative imperialistic connotations that are attached to western aid.
Uganda anti-gay bill author says aid cuts small price to pay
BY DRAZEN JORGIC AND PHILIPPA CROOME
KAMPALA Mon Mar 3, 2014 5:17am EST

The author of Uganda's new anti-gay bill that imposes tough jail terms for homosexual acts said aid cuts imposed by disapproving Western donors were a price worth paying to protect the east African nation's moral values.

Lawmaker David Bahati, who first sought the death penalty for some acts when he introduced the law in 2009, said aid suspensions were tantamount to blackmail but that he expected more to follow.

The donor backlash after President Yoweri Museveni's approval of the bill last week, imposing jail sentences of up to life for gay sex, reflects a gulf in social attitudes between the West and conservative African governments.

The World Bank, Norway and Denmark have withheld or diverted aid totaling about $110 million. The United States, the biggest Western donor, says it is reviewing ties.

"(The law) is very much worth it because it will protect our values. I think a society that has no moral values is a contradiction to development," Bahati told Reuters.

Gay activists say the bill has forced many homosexuals into hiding. They report a surge in night-time house raids and harassment since parliament passed the law in December.

Uganda's leading Red Pepper tabloid last week began outing those it called the country's "top homos" and some gay-rights campaigners say a small number have fled the country.

Western nations were swift to condemn the Anti-Homosexuality Act, but the law received broad support in Uganda, two years ahead of the next presidential election, and in neighboring states on a continent where gay sex is illegal in 37 countries.

"It's also unfortunate that the World Bank would take such a decision ... and create an impression that accepting homosexuality is a condition for World Bank money when it is not," Bahati said, referring to the bank's decision to freeze aid worth $90 million.

The political shockwaves have reverberated through Uganda's markets. The shilling weakened about 3 percent last week on investor fears of deeper aid cuts. Sweden said the new law could deter foreign investors, in particular from liberal nations.

EVANGELICAL LINKS

Bahati said Uganda could cope with the aid blocks, seeking loans from less interfering countries in order to resist what he called the "social imperialism" of traditional Western donors. Russia, China and India backed Uganda's stance, he said.

"This blackmail will go on," Bahati said. "It might get worse before it gets better but at the end of the day, the sovereignty of our nation will triumph," the legislator said in an interview on Sunday.

The new law imposes up to life in jail for "aggravated homosexuality" - including sex with a minor or while HIV-positive. It also criminalizes aiding homosexuality, which opponents fear could include health clinics and counselors.

Bahati's critics label him a demagogue who champions the anti-gay agenda to raise his own profile in the staunchly conservative east African country.

They also say he has ties to U.S. evangelicals who are widely seen as having a growing influence in social and health policy, for example in tackling HIV AIDS, in Uganda - an allegation Bahati denied.

Several Ugandan Christian and Muslim organizations supported the law.

"We have political friends in the U.S.," Bahati said, but added that those relations had been distorted by the media.

Bahati, a devout Christian, urged gay people to come forward so they could be "rehabilitated".

"There should be some psychotherapy mechanism to help those people because we love them but hate what they do."

(Writing by Drazen Jorgic; Editing by Richard Lough)
www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/03/us-uganda-gaybill-author-idUSBREA220PE20140303

The western libtard press blamed it on christianity (of course) and tried to draw a wedge to smear christianity in the process. The move reflects Uganda's cultural desires to uphold their own morality, but was driven by Govt policy to cut ties with the West for aid succinctly. They had to have a clean cut so they weren't in the position of having options from both China and the West and having to choose one over the other.
Last Edit: 25 Jun 2014 00:02 by Orangeaid.
User(s) who Liked this post: Seaic, peacenik

How do you feel about Anarchy.......................​....In Uganda 25 Jun 2014 01:27 #9

• Jagged Hope
  • Fresh Member
peacenik wrote:
To be truthful, I haven't kept up with all that's going on in Uganda. What's going on in the Ukraine and Iraq are far more important to me.

I do however salute Uganda's anti-gay law. Not that I have it in for gays specifically, I am just tired of seeing the gay agenda being pushed down everyone's throat in every country in the world.

The US withholds Foreign Aid to countries who don't support the gay agenda. Uganda deserves a thumbs up for resisting the US.

Please clarify a point.

Are you saying that imprisoning gay people and outlawing homosexuality is ok in Uganda because those are their values, or that in addition gay people should be imprisoned/homosexuality outlawed in Western countries?

How do you feel about Anarchy.......................​....In Uganda 25 Jun 2014 02:03 #10

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Jagged Hope wrote:
peacenik wrote:

Please clarify a point.

Are you saying that imprisoning gay people and outlawing homosexuality is ok in Uganda because those are their values, or that in addition gay people should be imprisoned/homosexuality outlawed in Western countries?

What I am saying is, what I have already said, "Good on Uganda for opposing the gay agenda crap."
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
User(s) who Liked this post: Seaic

How do you feel about Anarchy.......................​....In Uganda 28 Jun 2014 00:01 #11

• Straight Shooter
www.vice.com/read/ugandas-anti-gay-witch-hunt-has-officially-begun-627

UGANDA'S ANTI-GAY WITCH HUNT HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN
On February 24, the Ugandan government finally succeeded in ushering the long-debated Anti-Homosexuality Act into law, which has been dubbed the “Kill the Gays Bill” by a torrent of international critics for its early iterations’ inclusion of the death penalty for homosexuality. Though homosexuality has been illegal since Uganda’s first post-colonial Constitution was written, this new law ups the penalties for being gay, including life imprisonment for such "aggravated homosexuality" as recurring gay sex—and up to five to seven years for advocating on gays’ behalf.

Despite homosexuality’s illegality, Uganda is home to a minority of openly gay people including prominent gay activists Clare Byarugaba and David Kato, who was murdered in 2011. When I was studying in Uganda back in 2004 I had a few openly gay acquaintances in the capital city, Kampala; in certain circles, it was possible to be openly, albeit relatively quietly, gay.

But now simply advocating for or providing services to a gay person can be interpreted as "promoting homosexuality," a crime with passage of the new law. Already, civil rights organizations are being punished for their advocacy on behalf of gays in Uganda. In two separate letters dated March and May of this year, the government suspended direct service activities of the Refugee Law Project, a Uganda-based pioneer in international migration law and refugee protection, based on allegations that the organization was "promoting homosexuality" in refugee communities.

What, exactly, does the "promotion of homosexuality" look like? It’s a perplexing notion, and the law itself is troublingly vague. "As an organization we already made clear our position that we don't even believe it's possible to promote homosexuality," says Dr. Chris Dolan, the Refugee Law Project’s Executive Director—since homosexuality is not a choice. "Of course we believe it is possible to protect the rights of LGBTI people, and that that is our responsibility."

Though inhospitable to homosexuals, Uganda has long been a regional hub for the desperate, with 265,000 refugees and asylum seekers currently living in the country. Just look at a map of East Africa and you’ll see why: Uganda, which has been comparatively stable for the past several decades under the presidency of Yoweri Museveni, neighbors infamous conflict zones like the Democratic Republic of Congo, South Sudan, Somalia, Rwanda, Ethiopia, Eritrea, and Burundi.

But it’s not just geography. Uganda has some of the more progressive and hospitable refugee laws compared to other countries in the Great Lakes Region. This is in part due to the work of the Refugee Law Project, which has served as a watchdog for mistreatment of forced migrants and an advocate for human rights issues, from sexual violence in conflict zones to transitional justice in war-ravaged northern Uganda to broadening the support for internally displaced people and refugees in urban areas. (Full disclosure: ten years ago, while studying abroad as a college student, I interned with the RLP for two months, but have had no contact with the organization since.)

Now, all the Refugee Law Project’s direct work with refugees has been suspended, indefinitely, due to the allegations that they are not just defending, but promoting homosexuality. The allegations, according to the government, were made by an outside party, and officials have launched an investigation—for a period of time that remains indefinite. During the probe, the Refugee Law Project is not able to do any direct service work with refugees of any persuasion. “We’re being punished before the investigation is even complete,” says Dr. Dolan.

LGBT refugees are some of the most vulnerable forced migrants—they are often fleeing their country because they have been persecuted for an unchangeable aspect of who they are into the arms of another country where they might very well be persecuted again. Starting around 2008, according to Dr. Dolan, the Refugee Law Project started advocating for the rights of LGBT refugees (the organization runs many simultaneous advocacy campaigns). In 2009, once the "Kill the Gays" bill was launched into action through creepy back room talks with prominent American Christians, the Refugee Law Project joined the Civil Society Coalition, a union of over 50 Ugandan human rights organizations advocating against the bill’s passage. This public advocacy made the Refugee Law Project a direct target once the law went through this February.

In mid-2012, years before the law had even passed, the Minister for Ethics and Integrity, Simon Lokodo, made a public announcement that he wanted to close down the Refugee Law Project and the Civil Society Coalition for their pro-gay advocacy. "In that sense, we were not surprised," says Dr. Dolan.

On March 17, the Refugee Law Project issued a statement on behalf of the Civil Society Coalition that began: "Dear Friends and Colleagues, and all who fear living in a society that has no room for minorities…" The letter announced the "historic petition" filed in Uganda’s Constitutional Court on March 11 against the law’s passage, and links to this video documenting the petition’s filing.

On March 14—right between the petition’s filing and the organization’s email blast—the Ugandan government sent its first letter to all Refugee Settlement Commanders ordering the operations of the Refugee Law Project suspended in the settlements. On May 20, they issued their subsequent letter suspending direct service activities in the capital.

Interestingly, these letters of suspension came not from the Ministry of Ethics and Integrity, but from the Minister of Relief, Disaster Preparedness and Refugees—the office that, presumably, would be more interested in overall refugee well-being than the relative fringe issue of homosexuality.

"We work with all refugees—we don't carve out the ones that are easy to work with," Dr. Dolan tells me. "We work with everyone based on human rights and international law." Of the 3,000 registered clients of the Refugee Law Project, homosexuals actually make up a very small percentage, but as Dolan explains, "the whole refugee population that constitutes our clients is being punished by this suspension."

The suspension of the Refugee Law Project’s activities reflects the broad brush stroke of this law, and its potentially devastating impact on a subsection of the population. This suspension means that the organization is not allowed to meet directly with any refugees, in the camps or in the towns and cities, to conduct interviews, legal aid, research, psychosocial support, therapy groups for victims of sexual violence—or any other direct activities.

In the past six months alone, a single office of the Refugee Law Project, the "Gender and Sexuality Project," has screened 1,237 refugees for experiences of sexual violence, "helped 87 clients who reported sexual violence to access Post-Exposure Prophylaxis within 72 hours of the incident," and connected 309 survivors to support groups. None of these activities are permitted to continue under the current suspension. (The organization can still conduct academic research and advocacy, so long as no contact with refugees is involved.) Previously, the organization would open up its offices weekly for local, unaffiliated refugee groups to use the space for community meetings—this service, too, has gone out the window.

The Anti-Homosexuality Act of 2014 reads like the bluntest of satire: "(1) A person commits the offence of homosexuality if— (a) he penetrates the anus or mouth of another person of the same sex with his penis or any other sexual contraption; (b) he or she uses any object or sexual contraption to penetrate or stimulate sexual organ of a person of the same sex; (c) he or she touches another person with the intention of committing the act of homosexuality. (2) A person who commits an offence under this section shall be liable, on conviction, to imprisonment for life."

"Attempt to Commit Homosexuality" is also criminalized, as is "Aiding and abetting homosexuality," "Conspiracy to engage in homosexuality" and, of course, "Promotion of homosexuality." The US government is troubled by the law and its enforcement, and has already announced aid cuts and other sanctions on Uganda if the Anti-Homosexuality Act is not overturned.

In a public statement issued on June 5, the Refugee Law Project announced that the organization "considers [the] allegations baseless and unlawful." Meanwhile, RLP is attempting to negotiate with the government (the nature of which, for obvious reasons, Dolan does not wish to comment on). In the agency’s public statement about the suspension, they say, "We respect the due process of law." But with a law like this, "due process" is part of the trouble: just this week, as Buzzfeed reports, a Ugandan high court ruled that it is in fact legal for the government to shut down activities of organizations deemed to be promoting homosexuality.

It’s safe to say that Uganda’s anti-gay witch hunt has officially begun

How do you feel about Anarchy.......................​....In Uganda 28 Jun 2014 00:08 #12

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
Dots, you're black aren't you? After the Sterling thread and posts about black slavery I assumed you were.

Sodomy is the biggest CULTURAL taboo in sub-saharan
Africa. Sodomy is regarded as feminising the man and removing his masculinity.

The cultural Marxist western press knows nothing other than to smear it as Christian based. Yes, there are evangelicals in sub-saharan Africa, but the cultural taboo against Sodomy existed irrespective of Christian missionaries.
Last Edit: 28 Jun 2014 00:09 by Orangeaid.

How do you feel about Anarchy.......................​....In Uganda 28 Jun 2014 00:25 #13

• Straight Shooter
Orangeaid wrote:
Dots, you're black aren't you? After the Sterling thread and posts about black slavery I assumed you were

No i'm just your everyday basic white American guy.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, Orangeaid

How do you feel about Anarchy.......................​....In Uganda 12 Oct 2017 11:44 #14

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Parenting strategies in Uganda

:smokn:
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1

How do you feel about Anarchy.......................​....In Uganda 06 Apr 2019 00:03 #15

• novum
  • Platinum Member
OC Aesthetician Kidnapped In Uganda, Held For $500K Ransom

COSTA MESA (CBSLA) — A Costa Mesa aesthetician and her driver were kidnapped in Uganda Tuesday and officials say the culprits are asking for a $500,000 ransom.

Tourism police in Uganda have identified Kimberly Sue Endicott as the kidnap victim. She and her guide were kidnapped at gunpoint while they were looking for animals at Queen Elizabeth National Park.

losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/04/04/oc-aesthetician-kidnapped-in-uganda-and-being-held-on-500k-ransom/

How do you feel about Anarchy.......................​....In Uganda 06 Apr 2019 02:04 #16

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Last Edit: 06 Apr 2019 02:07 by novum.
User(s) who Liked this post: ..........

How do you feel about Anarchy.......................​....In Uganda 06 Apr 2019 02:35 #17

• Straight Shooter
User(s) who Liked this post: novum

How do you feel about Anarchy.......................​....In Uganda 06 Apr 2019 02:50 #18

• Straight Shooter
I didn't even realize i was essentially triggering antifa by telling them they were fake anarchist that lived under the royal sceptre.

User(s) who Liked this post: novum

How do you feel about Anarchy.......................​....In Uganda 06 Apr 2019 06:13 #19

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
.......... wrote:
I didn't even realize i was essentially triggering antifa by telling them they were fake anarchist that lived under the royal sceptre.
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Are you on drugs? What are you even babbling about?
You can't fix stupid
Last Edit: 06 Apr 2019 06:14 by Rocco.

How do you feel about Anarchy.......................​....In Uganda 06 Apr 2019 06:16 #20

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
novum wrote:
OC Aesthetician Kidnapped In Uganda, Held For $500K Ransom

COSTA MESA (CBSLA) — A Costa Mesa aesthetician and her driver were kidnapped in Uganda Tuesday and officials say the culprits are asking for a $500,000 ransom.

Tourism police in Uganda have identified Kimberly Sue Endicott as the kidnap victim. She and her guide were kidnapped at gunpoint while they were looking for animals at Queen Elizabeth National Park.

losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/04/04/oc-aesthetician-kidnapped-in-uganda-and-being-held-on-500k-ransom/
She deserves it
You can't fix stupid
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare