Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Why are some people liberals?

Why are some people liberals? 27 Jun 2014 01:14 #1

• Timesarrow
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I really would like to get a better understanding of the mechanisms that create these people. Does anyone have any theories? Ex-liberals especially, what do you think caused you to hold your liberal beliefs?

I think, like everything bad, it comes from a dysfunctional early environment, but that is very vague. What is it particularly? Yes, the media pushes liberal beliefs on us all, but what is it that makes some people so susceptible to them, and then carry them through life without seeing through them?
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI, Orangeaid

Why are some people liberals? 27 Jun 2014 01:16 #2

• Jagged Hope
  • Fresh Member
Timesarrow wrote:
I really would like to get a better understanding of the mechanisms that create these people. Does anyone have any theories? Ex-liberals especially, what do you think caused you to hold your liberal beliefs?

I think, like everything bad, it comes from a dysfunctional early environment, but that is very vague. What is it particularly? Yes, the media pushes liberal beliefs on us all, but what is it that makes some people so susceptible to them, and then carry them through life without seeing through them?

Can you more closely define liberal beliefs please?

Why are some people liberals? 27 Jun 2014 01:20 #3

• Seaic
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Jagged Hope wrote:

Here you go!
Last Edit: 27 Jun 2014 01:20 by Seaic.
User(s) who Liked this post: Jagged Hope, Timesarrow

Why are some people liberals? 27 Jun 2014 01:20 #4

• Timesarrow
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Jagged Hope wrote:
Timesarrow wrote:

Certainly :)

In favour of a majority of the following things:

*abortion on demand
*recreational, casual sex
*single parenthood
*divorce
*gay marriage
*gay adoption
*very generous welfare state
*state-subsidised daycare
*euthanasia
*non-selective education
*secular/atheist education
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI, Orangeaid, Jagged Hope, Seaic, KoreBolt

Why are some people liberals? 27 Jun 2014 02:23 #5

• Seaic
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Why Unhappy People Become Liberals. I don't agree with every word (mainly his interventionist sentiments), but I think there could be something to the broad theme of it.

According to polls — Pew Research Center, the National Science Foundation — and studies such as Arthur Brooks’s Gross National Happiness, conservative Americans are happier than liberal Americans.

Liberals respond this way: “If we’re unhappier, it’s because we are more upset than conservatives over the plight of those less fortunate than ourselves.”

But common sense and data suggest other explanations. For one thing, conservatives on the same socioeconomic level as liberals give more charity and volunteer more time than do liberals. And as regards the suffering of non-Americans, for at least half a century conservatives have been far more willing to sacrifice American treasure and American blood (often their own) for other nations’ liberty. Both of these facts refute the liberals-are-more-concerned-about-others explanation for liberal unhappiness.

So, let’s look at other explanations.

Perhaps we are posing the question backwards when we ask why liberals are less happy than conservatives. The question implies that liberalism causes unhappiness. And while this is true, it may be equally correct to say that unhappy people are more likely to adopt leftist positions.

Take black Americans, for example. It makes perfect sense that a black American who is essentially happy is going to be less attracted to the Left. Anyone who has interacted with black conservatives rarely encounters an angry, unhappy person.

Why?

Because the liberal view on race is that America is a racist society. Therefore, for all intents and purposes, a black American must abandon liberalism in order to be a happy individual. It is very hard, if not impossible, to be a happy person while believing that society is out to hurt you. So, the unhappy black person will gravitate to liberalism and liberalism will in turn make him more unhappy by reinforcing his view that he is a victim.

The unhappy gravitate toward the Left for a second reason. Life is hard for liberals and life is hard for conservatives. But conservatives assume that life will always be hard. Liberals, on the other hand, have utopian dreams. At his brother Robert’s funeral, the late Sen. Edward M. Kennedy recalled his brother saying: “Some men see things as they are and say, ‘Why?’ I dream things that never were and say, ‘Why not?’”

Utopians will always be less happy than those who know that suffering is inherent to human existence. The utopian compares America to utopia and finds it terribly wanting. The conservative compares America to every other civilization that has ever existed and walks around wondering how he got so lucky as to be born or naturalized an American.
Last Edit: 27 Jun 2014 02:24 by Seaic.
User(s) who Liked this post: Timesarrow

Why are some people liberals? 27 Jun 2014 02:32 #6

• Timesarrow
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Liberals are without shadow of a doubt unhappy people, and I have observed a direct correlation between liberal beliefs and dysfunction and mental illness.

The more liberal the person, the more likely they are to have or have had depression, drug problems, drinking problems, eating problems, self-harmed, attempted suicide, had an abortion/encouraged a partner to have an abortion, and so on and so forth.

In fact, I don't know a single liberal who has not had at least two and usually a lot more, problems from that list.
User(s) who Liked this post: Seaic

Why are some people liberals? 27 Jun 2014 06:18 #7

• zax
  • Gold Member
Conditioning and indoctrination for a century.I posted in another thread [White genocide thread] on the origins of political correctness and multiculturalism.Alan covers liberalism in his latest blurb--

Alan Watt Blurb - June 15, 2014 - Understanding's the Antidote You Seek to Propaganda's Technique .

Last Edit: 27 Jun 2014 06:20 by zax.
User(s) who Liked this post: Timesarrow

Why are some people liberals? 27 Jun 2014 18:02 #8

• Timesarrow
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I'd be interested to hear liberals comment on:

1. What they feel are the main problems in society right now, and

2. How their ideal society would look.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI, Seaic

Why are some people liberals? 27 Jun 2014 19:16 #9

• sarahfitz
  • Fresh Member
Liberal is a state of mind, of which the brain situated in the cranium is responsible for.

Thank the lord for the Guillotine :thumbup:

Why are some people liberals? 15 Feb 2015 14:46 #10

• zax
  • Gold Member
zax wrote:
Conditioning and indoctrination for a century.I posted in another thread [White genocide thread] on the origins of political correctness and multiculturalism.Alan covers liberalism in his latest blurb--

Alan Watt Blurb - June 15, 2014 - Understanding's the Antidote You Seek to Propaganda's Technique .

An example of this is the feminist Gloria Steinem who was a staunch conservative in her youth unitl approached and financed by the CIA pmote liberal agendas,specifically feminism.Indoctrinated and financed she flippd her views like and on/off switch.

Why are some people liberals? 15 Feb 2015 19:02 #11

liberals = prey :cool2:

Why are some people liberals? 16 Feb 2015 08:31 #12

• Mario
  • Mushroom Kingdom
  • You have the Right NOT to Vote! = for EVIL!
Its like just about everything else.
And to me can only relate to two baseline things.

1) Its a believer = like a religion following believer = A follower; Yes boss whatever you say boss .... follower of a group or organization .... do as thou wilt liberalism

2) Follow the money

Which other things on earth would not fit into the same category? :dunno:

I see only one ....... the non believer in man made things & sometimes rebel.

Classic:
“Liberal Christians tend to believe that Jesus is more conservative than they are on moral issues, while conservative Christians believe he is more liberal,”

Jesus comments on this issue:
16. Jesus said, "Perhaps people think that I have come to cast peace upon the world. They do not know that I have come to cast conflicts upon the earth: fire, sword, war.

For there will be five in a house: there'll be three against two and two against three, father against son and son against father, and they will stand alone."

@ oiram @
Last Edit: 16 Feb 2015 10:07 by Mario.

Why are some people liberals? 16 Feb 2015 14:52 #13

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Liberals I personally know are hard core vegetarians, pseudo-non-compliers to the system, elitist pseudo do-gooders who think they are good while they hate smokers, "nazis" and "carcass eaters", most of them look quite depressed and are addicted to constant criticism of others, they think all people are equal - except smokers, "nazis" and "carcass eaters" - and mass immigration is a quality of the welfare state which they love to finance with taxes. They believe in elections and vote for the greens or the violets or any other newly created system party that mushrooms up.

These traits are of course not all in every single liberal, but they are the most outstanding ones which are to be found in the group of liberals I know.

At times I was some kind of a brainwashed liberal nihilist feminist, too, with some of the above traits and I also voted for the reds and the greens, then, long ago, that's why I know the mentality quite well. One of the main reasons, besides the msm holowood "nazi" brainwashing which did not stop at kindergarten or school, was that my parents were of course also brainwashed and at least indirect victims of the 68ers system induced movement as explained in this video truth-zone.net/forum/government-and-authority/62185-tavistock-brainwashing-the-world-to-death.html?start=80#153760

"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 16 Feb 2015 15:50 by PFIZIPFEI.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy

Why are some people liberals? 16 Feb 2015 17:59 #14

PFIZIPFEI wrote:
Liberals I personally know are hard core vegetarians, pseudo-non-compliers to the system, elitist pseudo do-gooders who think they are good while they hate smokers, "nazis" and "carcass eaters", most of them look quite depressed and are addicted to constant criticism of others, they think all people are equal - except smokers, "nazis" and "carcass eaters" - and mass immigration is a quality of the welfare state which they love to finance with taxes. They believe in elections and vote for the greens or the violets or any other newly created system party that mushrooms up.

These traits are of course not all in every single liberal, but they are the most outstanding ones which are to be found in the group of liberals I know.

At times I was some kind of a brainwashed liberal nihilist feminist, too, with some of the above traits and I also voted for the reds and the greens, then, long ago, that's why I know the mentality quite well. One of the main reasons, besides the msm holowood "nazi" brainwashing which did not stop at kindergarten or school, was that my parents were of course also brainwashed and at least indirect victims of the 68ers system induced movement as explained in this video truth-zone.net/forum/government-and-authority/62185-tavistock-brainwashing-the-world-to-death.html?start=80#153760

Well well well, phfizzi the RED DYKE :twitch: Now I can see what you really are :wissl:

Why are some people liberals? 16 Feb 2015 18:13 #15

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
entrangermercenary1 wrote:
Well well well, phfizzi the RED DYKE :twitch: Now I can see what you really are :wissl:

Get yourself informed about the difference between lesbians and feminists, simpleton.
I was a very feminine feminist, btw.

:up: this is no thumb!

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy

Why are some people liberals? 16 Feb 2015 19:08 #16

• Lizzy
  • Silver Member
[quote="entrangermercenary1" post=153784

Well well well, phfizzi the RED DYKE :twitch: Now I can see what you really are :wissl:[/quote]
your baiting again em1 :P
Last Edit: 16 Feb 2015 19:11 by Lizzy.

Why are some people liberals? 16 Feb 2015 19:14 #17

PFIZIPFEI wrote:

Get yourself informed about the difference between lesbians and feminists, simpleton.
I was a very feminine feminist, btw.

:up: this is no thumb!

All that means is you were not the butch one :O :cool2:

Why are some people liberals? 16 Feb 2015 19:53 #18

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

One thing I can tell you for sure: I never - not even in my most brainwashed days - would have taken an 'intellectually challenged' Bratwurst bearer into consideration. Got it now?!

And get yourself informed about feminine feminists! Your private horizon might expand by 100 percent as you do not even know the basics of ... females and human interaction.

And here is a thread which you predictably evaded but which is predestinated for you to ramble on - senselessly as usual - about dykes and butches truth-zone.net/forum/news-and-current-affairs/63336-first-cemetery-exclusively-for-lesbians-in-berlin.html

:thumbup:

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Why are some people liberals? 16 Feb 2015 20:44 #19

PFIZIPFEI wrote:

One thing I can tell you for sure: I never - not even in my most brainwashed days - would have taken an 'intellectually challenged' Bratwurst bearer into consideration. Got it now?!

And get yourself informed about feminine feminists! Your private horizon might expand by 100 percent as you do not even know the basics of ... females and human interaction.

And here is a thread which you predictably evaded but which is predestinated for you to ramble on - senselessly as usual - about dykes and butches truth-zone.net/forum/news-and-current-affairs/63336-first-cemetery-exclusively-for-lesbians-in-berlin.html

Yes got it :umm:

Your a Dyke but not a butch one, you play the feminine wife, while the unshaven one plays the man :wissl: :larf:

Is this the first time you come out on a forum then ? :yup:

Seems lizzy is in for a treat as she comes over as all butch :ponda:

Why are some people liberals? 16 Feb 2015 21:44 #20

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Yes got it :umm:

Your a Dyke but not a butch one, you play the feminine wife, while the unshaven one plays the man :wissl: :larf:

Is this the first time you come out on a forum then ? :yup:

Seems lizzy is in for a treat as she comes over as all butch :ponda:

Boring idiot! This is what women with brains think when they meet you.
Hope it helps for your further life.

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare