Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Where Did The Concept Of Hell Come From?

Where Did The Concept Of Hell Come From? 03 Sep 2016 22:03 #1

This is what I believe, or at least one idea of it. The concept of HELL, where people supposedly go as a punishment from ''God'' for disobeying his ''commandments'', originates from the word Hellenism (Ancient Greece), thus the Jews wrote HELL (where the ''Devil'' supposedly resides) into their scriptures as something ''evil'' and negative as Greek and Jewish culture clashed in ancient times. Therefore Hell became a place where Jews were supposedly sent by ''God'' as a punishment for abandoning their Jewish culture and Jewish identity in favour of Greek Hellenistic culture.

In the words of Dr William Pierce.

And please do not misunderstand me. I am not talking about the "wages of sin" in the sense with
which many of us may be familiar. I'm not talking about some anthropomorphic deity, some
heavenly father sitting on his throne in the sky punishing us, keeping us from overcoming our
enemies because we are not fulfilling his commandments. No, that's nonsense! We are not being
punished by any supernatural being. We are in trouble for the same reason that an explorer in a
harsh and trackless wilderness is in trouble when he loses his compass and cannot see the sky
through the dense foliage. He no longer knows which way to go.
That is our most fundamental
problem — we do not know where we are going. We have no sense of direction. We have
stumbled off the path. archive.org/stream/WilliamLutherPierce-Transcripts-AmericanDissidentVoices/59906051-American-Dissident-Voices-by-Dr-William-Luther-Pierce_djvu.txt

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum

Where Did The Concept Of Hell Come From? 03 Sep 2016 22:24 #2

• Exorcist
The concept first appeared after Adam married Eve...... :larf:

:couch:

:axe:
NUKES ARE A HOAX
TRUTH IS HATE FOR THOSE THAT HATE THE TRUTH
Meet the New Boss.....Same as the Old Boss

http://www.stopthecrime.net/Henry-Makow---Illuminati----(2008).PDF
(((ROCCO))) is a Sayanim Troll
(((HotRod))) is a (((ROCCO))) sock account
MrAnderson is a Bollock….lmao
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, Return of Zorro

Where Did The Concept Of Hell Come From? 03 Sep 2016 22:24 #3

• Cinta
  • Never Again
  • ''None are more hopelessly enslaved,than those who falsely believe they are free
Zorro wrote :
''This is what I believe, or at least one idea of it. The concept of HELL, where people supposedly go
as ''a punishment from ''God'' for disobeying his ''commandments'

Jesus Christ made us free from the Law.

The only way you can end up in what you refer to as hell is by rejecting Jesus Christ as your Saviour.

Matthew 25:30
''Now throw this useless servant into outer darkness,
where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.''

As you can read, it ain't a fun place
Al it takes is to give your heart to Jesus Christ and believe.
The gift of Grace is for free for all

Our choices seal our fate
This kind of disgusting and disrespectful behaviour is condoned here

ORANGEAID verbal abuse

''Cinta is a whore.
I don't change one word I've said.''

truth-zone.net/forum/members-area/67105-open-up-the-clarity-zone-to-all-tz-members-we-need-transparency-and-not-secrecy.html?start=80#209733

Where Did The Concept Of Hell Come From? 04 Sep 2016 22:30 #4

• Cinta
  • Never Again
  • ''None are more hopelessly enslaved,than those who falsely believe they are free
Death in Norse paganism

This conception is in stark contrast to Hel's realm, the dreary subterranean abode ruled by its eponymous blue and black giantess Hel. The realm was a shore made of corpses called Náströnd within Hel. Her realm is separated from the world of the living by a rapid river across which leads the Gjallarbrú that the dead have to pass. The gates are heavy, and close behind those who pass it and will never return again. Hel is the final destination of those who do not die in battle, but of old age or disease. There is reason to assume that the ideas of Hel are coloured by Christian influences which taught that there was a realm of punishment in contrast to paradise. The word Helviti, which still is the name of Hell in modern Scandinavian languages, means "Hel's punishment". It is not certain that the notion of Hel was very dark and dreary to pagan Scandinavians. In Baldrs draumar, we learn that Hel had decorated a lavish feasting table when she waited for Baldr to enter her halls. Still, it was probably not a very attractive destination, as the sagas tell of warriors who cut themselves with spears before dying in order to trick Hel into thinking that they had died heroic deaths in battle.[8]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_in_Norse_paganism

HEL of Helheim: An Examination of Hel In Viking Religion and Mythology
www.academia.edu/5817249/HEL_of_Helheim_An_Examination_of_Hel_In_Viking_Religion_and_Mythology
This kind of disgusting and disrespectful behaviour is condoned here

ORANGEAID verbal abuse

''Cinta is a whore.
I don't change one word I've said.''

truth-zone.net/forum/members-area/67105-open-up-the-clarity-zone-to-all-tz-members-we-need-transparency-and-not-secrecy.html?start=80#209733