Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: YouTube censorship - What can we do about it? Alternatives inside....

YouTube censorship - What can we do about it? Alternatives inside.... 03 Aug 2017 01:27 #1

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Looks like YouTube is increasingly manipulating submitted content one way or another, here's a recent vid by Dice explaining....

So the premise of the thread is, what else is out there? And what are the best video sharing platforms that dont censor?
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Return of Zorro

YouTube censorship - What can we do about it? Alternatives inside.... 03 Aug 2017 02:36 #2

• Frothy
  • Twilight Zoned
  • True life is elsewhere
Why don't you disable the function that allows YouTube videos to be posted on this forum, that will show them who the daddy is?

The irony is the o/p video criticising YouTube is hosted by YouTube.
Jews LARPing as Nazis
Last Edit: 03 Aug 2017 02:39 by Frothy.

YouTube censorship - What can we do about it? Alternatives inside.... 03 Aug 2017 12:35 #3

• Grolongo
Well, you have minds.com, vidme, dailymotion but you will never have the same reach as with yutube
Plus it will be a matter of time before they go after those platforms as well

In a not so distant future we might need to go underground to express our naughty thoughts . If anyone knows how to use the deepweb safely pls let me know
User(s) who Liked this post: novum

YouTube censorship - What can we do about it? Alternatives inside.... 03 Aug 2017 14:31 #4

• Return of Zorro
  • Gold Member
Grolongo wrote:
Well, you have minds.com, vidme, dailymotion but you will never have the same reach as with yutube
Plus it will be a matter of time before they go after those platforms as well

In a not so distant future we might need to go underground to express our naughty thoughts . If anyone knows how to use the deepweb safely pls let me know

That's the problem, isn't it. There are already quite a few alternatives to Youtube, that have also been going for quite some time. None of them have anything near the viewing or reach of Youtube though.

I remember when Mike Delaney of Prothink.org set up an alternative to Youtube called Trutube.TV, but it fell flat and was eventually shut down due to lack of interest and funding issues. A real shame because it was an excellent alternative to Youtube. I was one of the first handful of members to sign up as a member btw.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 03 Aug 2017 14:32 by Return of Zorro.
User(s) who Liked this post: Grolongo

YouTube censorship - What can we do about it? Alternatives inside.... 03 Aug 2017 15:03 #5

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Video hosting needs enormous amounts of resources, physical server space AND alot of allowable bandwidth... it requires exponentially more of these things than this forum does for example, theres no comparison.

So when it comes to videos, I expect it to be very difficult for anyone starting from scratch to find a way to keep it afloat easily.

Sites like youtube (and facebook and twitter etc) ive always been of the opinion theyve been funded by elites for the purpose of data collection and psychological profiling of the masses and so on, an on going experiment if you will.
1365 = 1

User(s) who Liked this post: Lux Interior

YouTube censorship - What can we do about it? Alternatives inside.... 03 Aug 2017 15:16 #6

• Return of Zorro
  • Gold Member
Yes, that's what it boils down to when hosting a Video site, bandwidth and cost, and other overheads.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. – Marcus Aurelius
Last Edit: 03 Aug 2017 15:17 by Return of Zorro.

YouTube censorship - What can we do about it? Alternatives inside.... 03 Aug 2017 15:52 #7

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Youd probably want your own server/s or the costs of paying for hosting would blow out.
1365 = 1

YouTube censorship - What can we do about it? Alternatives inside.... 03 Aug 2017 16:18 #8

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
Joo Tube will learn like Twitter that censorship reduces shekels

Suck shit Jews
User(s) who Liked this post: Lux Interior

YouTube censorship - What can we do about it? Alternatives inside.... 03 Aug 2017 16:25 #9

• Return of Zorro
  • Gold Member
@Nov, That's right. the server costs would be exponential with 10's of thousands of videos being uploaded on a daily basis, plus all the traffic. Unfortunately at this stage unless some millionaire invests in a website to become a genuine rival of youtube, then youtube will always stay way on top of it's rivals.

It could be done of course, but it would take a fair bit of initial investment before it started funding itself in the same way youtube does.
Last Edit: 03 Aug 2017 16:25 by Return of Zorro.

YouTube censorship - What can we do about it? Alternatives inside.... 03 Aug 2017 16:36 #10

• novum
  • Platinum Member
And on top of the hosting etc youd need good code, everything would have to work well and somewhat reliably or youd lose people.

There are open source programs and such that can handle that kind of thing apparently, but ive no idea how good they are.
1365 = 1

YouTube censorship - What can we do about it? Alternatives inside.... 08 Aug 2017 18:04 #11

• Return of Zorro
  • Gold Member
Renegade has it's own video hosting now btw. You can't upload your own videos there, but you may catch some good one's which Youtube ban in the future? renegadevids.com/

YouTube censorship - What can we do about it? Alternatives inside.... 28 Aug 2017 09:19 #12

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Just giving this a bump, hopefully i'll post again here soon with some alternatives to youtube.

Since stormergate, there is much more talk about using alternatives, particularly on GAB.

Many content creators are being penalised or censored in various ways or even outright banned now.

I really want to wean myself off of Google entirely and while I cant tell others what to do, i suggest they consider it. And youtube is owned by Google for those who dont know (most do).
1365 = 1

YouTube censorship - What can we do about it? Alternatives inside.... 28 Aug 2017 10:03 #13

• Lux Interior
  • Silver Member
  • Do you know de way?
Brave installed and running now. I'm anti joogle too. Renegadevideo now.
liberabo te ab inferno

875 020 079

Keep an eye on the media and their shills, know their duplicity.
Nothing stirs, only the intense humming of evil remains.

YouTube censorship - What can we do about it? Alternatives inside.... 28 Aug 2017 10:21 #14

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Im getting mixed reviews on vid.me , a youtube alternative.

They kind of mock youtube in this vid

vid.me/KEnH

Im not sure how theyd go with some of the , ahem, litmus test topics ... i havent had time to look around there. Posting it here as a reference, even for myself.

vid.me/
1365 = 1

YouTube censorship - What can we do about it? Alternatives inside.... 28 Aug 2017 10:31 #15

• novum
  • Platinum Member
1365 = 1

Last Edit: 28 Aug 2017 10:38 by novum.

YouTube censorship - What can we do about it? Alternatives inside.... 28 Aug 2017 10:42 #16

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Bitchute looks rather promising, perhaps more so the technical aspect of it which others can also implement.

Need to read the links above to understand it better... it doesnt cost the host obscene amounts of bandwidth like traditional hosting.

The first link above is Tara McCarthy talking about it.

liveleak.com is another one that comes to mind that isnt youtube, i dont know much about that yet.
1365 = 1

YouTube censorship - What can we do about it? Alternatives inside.... 28 Aug 2017 10:52 #17

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Bobby Batter wrote:
Why don't you disable the function that allows YouTube videos to be posted on this forum, that will show them who the daddy is?

The irony is the o/p video criticising YouTube is hosted by YouTube.

We all have to start somewhere. And the content creators are doing it as a job then having the rug pulled from under them so its not so easy for them to set up elsewhere.

I pulled links to the G search engine from the sites uppermost top menu just now. Dont want to use their browser either. I dont use G as a search engine anymore. etc etc.

Right now if i turn the embed off, the links will all point to there anyway, the embedded vids we see will become links. So i cant just disable the links like you said, its not so simple... theyd have to all be edited out after i turn the embedding off....

...which is do-able with a word filter plug in we have... but it would just fuck so many threads up because the conversation is based around the videos posted up, usually embedded.

So in theory yes id like to wean the site off youtube if possible.. but we have to be pragmatic about it and begin by finding alternatives. Im not sure how many of those alternatives embed either, things like bitchute wouldnt embed as they are torrents.

Right now bitchute (vs youtube) is looking like a video version of GAB (vs twatter), so we shall see... we'd have to just post links though, no embedding, it wont work.
1365 = 1

YouTube censorship - What can we do about it? Alternatives inside.... 28 Aug 2017 10:57 #18

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Zorro wrote:
@Nov, That's right. the server costs would be exponential with 10's of thousands of videos being uploaded on a daily basis, plus all the traffic. Unfortunately at this stage unless some millionaire invests in a website to become a genuine rival of youtube, then youtube will always stay way on top of it's rivals.

It could be done of course, but it would take a fair bit of initial investment before it started funding itself in the same way youtube does.

Cheek out the deets (details) re bitchute in post #14 they do it differently there, i only just read about it.

Might be worth checking this discussion out too....

gab.ai/TaraMcCarthy/posts/11300131

And a very recent thread on reddit

www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/6wcqiy/free_speech_on_youtube_is_dead_bitchute_is_the/
1365 = 1

Last Edit: 28 Aug 2017 11:05 by novum.

YouTube censorship - What can we do about it? Alternatives inside.... 28 Aug 2017 11:09 #19

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Another one I came across

steemit.com/

YouTube stars are leaving YouTube in droves and that is good news for Steemit.com.

People are leaving YouTube because they feel they are being censored

That is where Steemit.com comes in...

Currently Steemit.com is completely censorship free. DeFranco is free to cover any topic he wants and use whatever language or colorful metaphors he fancies and Steemit.com will never penalize him for it.

There are no advertisers that Steemit.com is trying to please. You are free to say what you want and how you want to say it.

YouTube is facing a major problem because it is trying to appeal to advertisers in that they are demonitizing anything that they feel is not "advertiser friendly".

This in turn is driving many of it's content creators away...

steemit.com/youtube/@jrcornel/youtube-star-philip-defranco-is-leaving-youtube-and-why-that-is-good-news-for-steemit-com
1365 = 1

YouTube censorship - What can we do about it? Alternatives inside.... 29 Aug 2017 04:30 #20

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Regarding Bitchute, i did some code tweak and we can now embed bitchute vids.

I hope to see peeps start embedding those and using it instead of youtube.

However its not as simple as pasting in the link... its going to need BBcode tags around the link like this, with type=youtube in the leading video tag... example ....

[video type=youtube]https://www.bitchute.com/video/fGCURQL3iKRB[/video]
1365 = 1

Last Edit: 29 Aug 2017 08:30 by novum.