Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

 
PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: [excerpts of] The Great Self

[excerpts of] The Great Self 31 Aug 2018 20:26 #1

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 3179
  • Likes received: 1606
The Great Self

(sometimes called the, "inner self" or "higher self")

Is the idea that there is more to the Self than what is commonly thought? We tend to view things through our five senses, and we think this is all there is, without knowing it's just the tip of the iceberg, and something much greater is there, but not readily seen.

You are conscious of many things, your name, your spouse, your home, your country, your environment etc. Hence, you think consciousness is all there is? You think you are what you are conscious of? Sounds logical doesn't it, "You are what you are conscious of". And though that is true, that only explains the Ego portion of the Self, which is a very small portion of the Great Self.

The Ego is merely the center of consciousness.

When you have an idea, or say, a new realization about life, where does it come from?

Certainly not from consciousness! If it came from consciousness, you would have already been conscious of it, wouldn't you?

The new idea or new realization about life, came from unconsciousness, did it not? So, where exactly did it come from? Did it come from outside of yourself, or from the inside? The answer of course, is it came from the inside.

Thus, the idea or new realization about life, WAS ALREADY INSIDE YOU. Not only that, but every Idea or new realization you ever had or ever will have, CAME FROM INSIDE OF YOU.

So, you see, YOU ARE NOT JUST WHAT YOU ARE CONSCIOUS OF, YOU ARE ALSO WHAT YOU ARE UNCONSCIOUS OF.

Please take the time to ponder what you've just read. You cannot understand it with a cursory glance. Think about it while going through your daily life. It may just awaken you to a higher reality?

You are the embodiment of what you're conscious of, as well as what you are unconscious of.

You are, the GREAT SELF
.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 31 Aug 2018 20:50 by peacenik.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

[excerpts of] The Great Self 31 Aug 2018 20:40 #2

  • Truthspoon
  • Truthspoon's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • One foot in hyperspace and the other in some dogshit.
  • Posts: 2126
  • Likes received: 1136
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

[excerpts of] The Great Self 31 Aug 2018 21:03 #3

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 3179
  • Likes received: 1606
Oh, for crying out loud!

Nothing in my OP is an assault against your "Jesus". Everything in my OP is truth and can be verified by anyone.

Stop trying to fuk up my thread.

You want to talk about, "Jesus", start a thread about it, and leave my thread alone.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

[excerpts of] The Great Self 31 Aug 2018 21:51 #4

  • Truthspoon
  • Truthspoon's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • One foot in hyperspace and the other in some dogshit.
  • Posts: 2126
  • Likes received: 1136
Great Self?

Do you believe that?

I've seen ZERO evidence of your greatness.

You have no idea about what you're talking about.

Wanna know where ideas and thoughts really come from?

You would shit yourself if I told you.
Last Edit: 31 Aug 2018 21:57 by Truthspoon.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

[excerpts of] The Great Self 31 Aug 2018 22:52 #5

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 3179
  • Likes received: 1606
Truthspoon wrote:
Great Self?

Do you believe that?

I've seen ZERO evidence of your greatness.

You have no idea about what you're talking about.

Wanna know where ideas and thoughts really come from?

You would shit yourself if I told you.

There is NOTHING you can dispute in my OP. We all know it. You're not here to dispute or debate anything. You're here to censor what you don't agree with. just like you did on DIF.

You're a low rent troll and an embarrassment to your own religion.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

[excerpts of] The Great Self 31 Aug 2018 23:01 #6

  • Truthspoon
  • Truthspoon's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • One foot in hyperspace and the other in some dogshit.
  • Posts: 2126
  • Likes received: 1136
peacenik wrote:
Truthspoon wrote:
Great Self?

Do you believe that?

I've seen ZERO evidence of your greatness.

You have no idea about what you're talking about.

Wanna know where ideas and thoughts really come from?

You would shit yourself if I told you.

There is NOTHING you can dispute in my OP. We all know it. You're not here to dispute or debate anything. You're here to censor what you don't agree with. just like you did on DIF.

You're a low rent troll and an embarrassment to your own religion.

Not censoring anyone, just want to know what makes you 'the great self'. That's all.

Everything you stated in your post is word-for-word New-Age Satanic bullshit. You're not God. Ok? Can you deal with that fact?

Why does it hurt people so much to have to humble themselves before a creator?

They really can't stand it can they? And once you challenge them......boy, they really get upset.

All I did was post a video about Jesus and this guy acted like he had a hot dick up his ass.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare, Grolongo

[excerpts of] The Great Self 31 Aug 2018 23:10 #7

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 3179
  • Likes received: 1606
Truthspoon wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Truthspoon wrote:
Great Self?

Do you believe that?

I've seen ZERO evidence of your greatness.

You have no idea about what you're talking about.

Wanna know where ideas and thoughts really come from?

You would shit yourself if I told you.

There is NOTHING you can dispute in my OP. We all know it. You're not here to dispute or debate anything. You're here to censor what you don't agree with. just like you did on DIF.

You're a low rent troll and an embarrassment to your own religion.

Not censoring anyone, just want to know what makes you 'the great self'. That's all.

Everything you stated in your post is word-for-word New-Age Satanic bullshit. You're not God. Ok? Can you deal with that fact?

Why does it hurt people so much to have to humble themselves before a creator?

They really can't stand it can they? And once you challenge them......boy, they really get upset.

All I did was post a video about Jesus and this guy acted like he had a hot dick up his ass.

Then, start your own god-dam thread about how great your 'god" and "Jesus" is.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

[excerpts of] The Great Self 31 Aug 2018 23:12 #8

  • Truthspoon
  • Truthspoon's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • One foot in hyperspace and the other in some dogshit.
  • Posts: 2126
  • Likes received: 1136
peacenik wrote:
Truthspoon wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Truthspoon wrote:
Great Self?

Do you believe that?

I've seen ZERO evidence of your greatness.

You have no idea about what you're talking about.

Wanna know where ideas and thoughts really come from?

You would shit yourself if I told you.

There is NOTHING you can dispute in my OP. We all know it. You're not here to dispute or debate anything. You're here to censor what you don't agree with. just like you did on DIF.

You're a low rent troll and an embarrassment to your own religion.

Not censoring anyone, just want to know what makes you 'the great self'. That's all.

Everything you stated in your post is word-for-word New-Age Satanic bullshit. You're not God. Ok? Can you deal with that fact?

Why does it hurt people so much to have to humble themselves before a creator?

They really can't stand it can they? And once you challenge them......boy, they really get upset.

All I did was post a video about Jesus and this guy acted like he had a hot dick up his ass.

Then, start your own god-dam thread about how great your 'god" and "Jesus" is.

No New-Age bullshit bubbles allowed here son. You don't get to censor views you do not like and I'm the only attention you're going to get.

You ought to be grateful.
Last Edit: 31 Aug 2018 23:21 by Truthspoon.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

[excerpts of] The Great Self 31 Aug 2018 23:21 #9

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 3179
  • Likes received: 1606
Truthspoon wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Truthspoon wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Truthspoon wrote:
Great Self?

Do you believe that?

I've seen ZERO evidence of your greatness.

You have no idea about what you're talking about.

Wanna know where ideas and thoughts really come from?

You would shit yourself if I told you.

There is NOTHING you can dispute in my OP. We all know it. You're not here to dispute or debate anything. You're here to censor what you don't agree with. just like you did on DIF.

You're a low rent troll and an embarrassment to your own religion.

Not censoring anyone, just want to know what makes you 'the great self'. That's all.

Everything you stated in your post is word-for-word New-Age Satanic bullshit. You're not God. Ok? Can you deal with that fact?

Why does it hurt people so much to have to humble themselves before a creator?

They really can't stand it can they? And once you challenge them......boy, they really get upset.

All I did was post a video about Jesus and this guy acted like he had a hot dick up his ass.

Then, start your own god-dam thread about how great your 'god" and "Jesus" is.

No New-Age bullshit bubbles allowed here son. You don't get to censor view you do not like and I'm the only attention you're going to get.

You ought to be grateful.

Se how narrow minded you are? You cannot tolerate anything outside of your bullshit religion and you seek to destroy anything that doe not conform.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

[excerpts of] The Great Self 31 Aug 2018 23:23 #10

  • Truthspoon
  • Truthspoon's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • One foot in hyperspace and the other in some dogshit.
  • Posts: 2126
  • Likes received: 1136
Peacenik. You're full of....



Consider yourself SERVED.
Last Edit: 31 Aug 2018 23:24 by Truthspoon.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

[excerpts of] The Great Self 31 Aug 2018 23:25 #11

  • Truthspoon
  • Truthspoon's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • One foot in hyperspace and the other in some dogshit.
  • Posts: 2126
  • Likes received: 1136
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

[excerpts of] The Great Self 31 Aug 2018 23:29 #12

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 3179
  • Likes received: 1606
Truthspoon wrote:
Peacenik. You're full of....



Consider yourself SERVED.

Perhaps this forum should be renamed, "The Troll Zone" as you're not about to let my thread stand and will troll it to death rather than let any would-be readers make their own minds up about what is written.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

[excerpts of] The Great Self 31 Aug 2018 23:30 #13

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 3179
  • Likes received: 1606
Truthspoon wrote:
Peacenik. You're full of....



Consider yourself SERVED.

Good! I am served! Now leave!
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

[excerpts of] The Great Self 31 Aug 2018 23:32 #14

  • Truthspoon
  • Truthspoon's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • One foot in hyperspace and the other in some dogshit.
  • Posts: 2126
  • Likes received: 1136
Noone else cares. I'm the only one posting here. How's that trolling?

This ain't your ego-boudoir. Noone gets to spout off here without getting challenged.

All I did was post a video by Vigilant Christian and you pissed your pants.

So much for your 'great-self' eh? He doesn't sound very great to me.

Maybe you should work on your character a bit more. Learn to be more of a man.

Roll with the punches. Learn to laugh at yourself maybe? Even develop a sense of humour. That would be progress.
Last Edit: 31 Aug 2018 23:34 by Truthspoon.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

[excerpts of] The Great Self 31 Aug 2018 23:34 #15

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 3179
  • Likes received: 1606
All this trolling shit. All because I had the audacity to post a thread w/o first clearing it with "truth -spoon".
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

[excerpts of] The Great Self 31 Aug 2018 23:35 #16

  • Truthspoon
  • Truthspoon's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • One foot in hyperspace and the other in some dogshit.
  • Posts: 2126
  • Likes received: 1136
peacenik wrote:
All this trolling shit. All because I had the audacity to post a thread w/o first clearing it with "truth -spoon".

I think your nappy is full. You'd better ask your mum to change it.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

[excerpts of] The Great Self 01 Sep 2018 00:12 #17

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 3179
  • Likes received: 1606
Moderators, Please delete this thread as, I have started another one that will hopefully remain on topic?
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 01 Sep 2018 00:22 by peacenik.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

[excerpts of] The Great Self 01 Sep 2018 01:16 #18

  • novum
  • novum's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 17885
  • Likes received: 8295
peacenik wrote:
Moderators, Please delete this thread as, I have started another one that will hopefully remain on topic?

Im not sure what i can do here to make it right for the both of you so this is probably one of those lose lose moments for moderators.... i will move this thread into the vent room to serve as an excerpt thread and leave the other one.
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

[excerpts of] The Great Self 01 Sep 2018 02:08 #19

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 3179
  • Likes received: 1606
novum wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Moderators, Please delete this thread as, I have started another one that will hopefully remain on topic?

Im not sure what i can do here to make it right for the both of you so this is probably one of those lose lose moments for moderators..

Fuk-it then, put it wherever you want or, no where at all. I don't care. Next time, I will just kept simple and, "do on to others as others do on to me". :larf:
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 01 Sep 2018 04:32 by peacenik.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

[excerpts of] The Great Self 01 Sep 2018 02:44 #20

  • Gaia
  • Gaia's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Member
  • Posts: 7492
  • Likes received: 1603
peacenik wrote:
novum wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Moderators, Please delete this thread as, I have started another one that will hopefully remain on topic?

Im not sure what i can do here to make it right for the both of you so this is probably one of those lose lose moments for moderators..

Fuk-it then, put it wherever you want or, no where at all. I don't care. Next time, I will just kept simple and, "do on to others as others do on to me". :larf:

I think the subject is interesting enough.

Start your own subforum and weed out the trolls, I'd say.

Jung is a suspicious character in my books, but the concept is not necessarily bad.
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
One of the great fleecings in Wall Street history - The Rockefellers and Anaconda pump and dump = The Great Depression7.59Wednesday, 05 November 2014
The Great Self5.29Sunday, 02 September 2018
The Last Great Run5.29Wednesday, 11 March 2015
HOORRAY - it's a GREAT DAY5.23Thursday, 12 February 2015
Great Jewish Art5.23Friday, 20 May 2016
The Great Ignorance5.23Saturday, 02 April 2016
THE GREAT DECEPTION5.23Wednesday, 01 January 2020
Great Speeches5.23Tuesday, 19 February 2013
Why Co-Operatives are Great.5.23Friday, 13 May 2016
Two Great Politicians5.23Sunday, 13 November 2016
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare
Powered by Kunena Forum

Annual Server Target

Whether its 50 cents or five dollars, your donations are appreciated and help keep this community site running so we can all continue to enjoy using it. Secure transactions via paypal.
This target is to meet our server cost for one year, June 2020 - May 2021, in USD.
$ 340 - Target
( £ 273 GBP )
donation thermometer
donation thermometer
$ 0 - Raised
( £ 0 GBP )
donation thermometer
0%
Most Recent Donation $20 USD
25th April 2020

No one is obliged to donate, please only donate what you can afford. Even the smallest amount helps. Being an active member is a positive contribution. Thank You.