Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is Scientology a Good Thing?

Is Scientology a Good Thing? 19 May 2019 12:24 #1

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
This topic was raised on another thread, which was on reforming psychiatry.

I've started this thread to keep the other thread on topic.

Gaia wrote:
peacenik wrote:
the Church of Scientology (which is a good thing}.

You think going after vulnerable people and tricking them to pay thousands of dollars for some fake "salvation" is a good thing??
Rocco wrote:
Gaia wrote:
peacenik wrote:
the Church of Scientology (which is a good thing}.

You think going after vulnerable people and tricking them to pay thousands of dollars for some fake "salvation" is a good thing??
Did peacenik seriously say "Scientology is a good thing"?
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik, Rocco

Is Scientology a Good Thing? 19 May 2019 19:32 #2

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
Scientology is just another cult for pathetic Jesus-rejecters.
I was walking past their mobile literature stall in Plymouth UK city centre a few years ago and was stopped by one of them who gave me one of their leaflets, and he said we're about to pack up for the day now, but if you come back with us to our shop in Ebrington street we'll be glad to talk more.
It was only a 5-minute walk to the shop and as I hadn't got anything else to do I went along out of curiosity but I didn't stay long, they gave me a bunch of leaflets and a book, and I said "thanks" and made for the door.
"Er...that'll be £6 for the book" (about 8 US dollars) they called after me, so I said "In that case I won't bother, and gave the book back to them and toddled off..:)

Is Scientology a Good Thing? 19 May 2019 21:01 #3

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:

I was walking past their mobile literature stall in Plymouth UK city centre a few years ago and was stopped by one of them who gave me one of their leaflets, and he said we're about to pack up for the day now, but if you come back with us to our shop in Ebrington street we'll be glad to talk more.
It was only a 5-minute walk to the shop and as I hadn't got anything else to do I went along out of curiosity but I didn't stay long, they gave me a bunch of leaflets and a book, and I said "thanks" and made for the door.
"Er...that'll be £6 for the book" (about 8 US dollars) they called after me, so I said "In that case I won't bother, and gave the book back to them and toddled off..:)

Maybe your upset cuz you failed Scientology's personality test? Ask to retake the test without your helmet being on so tight? :shemused:
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 19 May 2019 21:07 by peacenik.

Is Scientology a Good Thing? 19 May 2019 21:04 #4

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
peacenik, why don't you answer the question
You can't fix stupid

Is Scientology a Good Thing? 19 May 2019 21:06 #5

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Rocco wrote:

What question?
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu

Is Scientology a Good Thing? 19 May 2019 21:11 #6

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
peacenik wrote:
Rocco wrote:

What question?
And here I was thinking Scientologists where smart :facepalm:
You can't fix stupid

Is Scientology a Good Thing? 19 May 2019 21:23 #7

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Rocco wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Rocco wrote:

What question?

What the fuck do you want?

You've developed a bad case of covert hatred towards me and you go around mumbling about it w/o coming forward and saying anything.
Last Edit: 19 May 2019 21:38 by peacenik.

Is Scientology a Good Thing? 19 May 2019 21:33 #8

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
peacenik wrote:
Rocco wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Rocco wrote:

What question?

You've developed a case of covert hostility w/o stating why?
The question was raised in the original thread, that's why it was spit of into this one. Now get your reading glasses and read the OP
You can't fix stupid

Is Scientology a Good Thing? 19 May 2019 21:44 #9

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Rocco wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Rocco wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Rocco wrote:

What question?

The question was raised in the original thread, that's why it was spit of into this one. Now get your reading glasses and read the OP

"Is Scientology a Good Thing"?

It's been good to me.

There ya go, I answered it for you. But that's not what you wanted is it?
Last Edit: 19 May 2019 21:46 by peacenik.

Is Scientology a Good Thing? 19 May 2019 21:51 #10

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
peacenik wrote:
Rocco wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Rocco wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Rocco wrote:

What question?

"Is Scientology a Good Thing"?

It's been good to me.

There ya go, I answered it for you. But that's not what you wanted is it?
yes it was.You've answered my question. Thank you
You can't fix stupid

Is Scientology a Good Thing? 20 May 2019 18:34 #11

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
Maybe your upset cuz you failed Scientology's personality test? Ask to retake the test without your helmet being on so tight? :shemused:

They didn't test me, they simply gave me a book and said "that'll cost you £6".
And I only popped into their shop to look at them out of curiosity, in the same way that I might pop into a zoo to look at jabbering monkeys for fun..:)
Anyway my personality is tough, strong-minded and good-natured, I don't need them to tell me that.
As for the "personality" of Scientologists themselves, they're all non-Christians so in my book that makes them losers and they can't get under the Bible's radar..:)
"For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear" (2 Tim 4:3)
Last Edit: 20 May 2019 18:38 by Ugh.

Is Scientology a Good Thing? 20 May 2019 19:28 #12

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:

they're all non-Christians

That's incorrect!

There are many Christians in Scientology as there are many members from other religions. Scientology is not a faith based religion. It does not care about your religious beliefs. Scientology is an applied technology. NOT a religious belief system.

Is Scientology a Good Thing? 20 May 2019 19:38 #13

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
peacenik wrote:
Scientology is an applied technology. NOT a religious belief system.
I think technology is fascinating.

I like trying to figure out what the underlying science is that makes it work.

What is the underlying science of Scientology? It's not mainstream science, correct?
Last Edit: 20 May 2019 19:38 by Connect Dots. Reason: Typo

Is Scientology a Good Thing? 20 May 2019 20:27 #14

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Let's say for example, you have a tingly sensation in your left little toe (has to be specific) and I am the one tasked with curing your tingly sensation? I am going to ask you, "locate a time when you had a tingly sensation in your left little toe". You will give me the incident. Then I will ask you the date and location of where the incident took place, plus any other info about the incident you may volunteer.

After I get all the info, I ask you, "Is there an easier-similiar incident"? You will give me all the particulars of the incident. I will log the what, when, and where of the incident. Then I will ask you again, "Is there an easier-similar time when you had a tingly sensation in your left little toe"? Then I log the what, when. and where about the incident.

This process is repeated until the sensation is gone. It's a little bit more elaborate than this but basically that's what happens.

The reason why this works is because, all pain, sensation, and emotion, are filed away in the mind's memory banks and ALL of what the mind has experienced regarding, "a tingling in the left little toe is accessible if done correctly.

You see, when the mind thinks a thought, it records the thought in mental image picture form. The pictures are real not imaginary. They have an actual mass than can be measured.

So, this is basically how trauma is relieved in Scientology. No drugs, No hypnosis, just asking a simple question or giving a simple command.

Feel free to ask me more questions on the technological aspects of this science.
Last Edit: 20 May 2019 20:35 by peacenik.

Is Scientology a Good Thing? 20 May 2019 20:33 #15

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
There are many Christians in Scientology as there are many members from other religions..
No true strong-minded well-balanced Christian would need scientology..:)
As for members from other religions, it sounds as if scientology is a witches cauldron full of all sorts of gunk.

Below: Macbeth pops into a scientology meeting-

Last Edit: 20 May 2019 20:36 by Ugh.

Is Scientology a Good Thing? 20 May 2019 21:07 #16

• Connect Dots
  • Fresh Member
  • 9/11 Truth woke me up.
peacenik wrote:
The reason why this works is because, all pain, sensation, and emotion, are filed away in the mind's memory banks and ALL of what the mind has experienced regarding, "a tingling in the left little toe is accessible if done correctly.

You see, when the mind thinks a thought, it records the thought in mental image picture form. The pictures are real not imaginary. They have an actual mass than can be measured.

So, this is basically how trauma is relieved in Scientology. No drugs, No hypnosis, just asking a simple question or giving a simple command.
That reminds me of German New Medicine, which is based on the theory that disease is the body's way of dealing with shocks in life that catch us unprepared, and bringing those past traumas to the conscious mind is the first step in healing.

Is Scientology a Good Thing? 20 May 2019 21:26 #17

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Connect Dots wrote:
peacenik wrote:

That reminds me of German New Medicine, which is based on the theory that disease is the body's way of dealing with shocks in life that catch us unprepared, and bringing those past traumas to the conscious mind is the first step in healing.

Interesting!

I hadn't looked at it that way but see no reason why it wouldn't work that way?

Like you said in an earlier thread, Trauma has to be brought the level of conscious for it to resolve itself.
Last Edit: 20 May 2019 21:41 by peacenik.
User(s) who Liked this post: Connect Dots

Is Scientology a Good Thing? 20 May 2019 21:49 #18

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:

They didn't test me,

Sorry, old chap, I've had a good laugh at your expense. It's an inside joke. No one can actually fail the personality test. The personality test is, the OCA (Oxford Capacity Analysis) used by many.

Is Scientology a Good Thing? 20 May 2019 22:09 #19

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Speaking of "tests" as I've bragged in TZ before, my solicitor once sent me to a shrink in 2002 in connection with a vigilante rap I was facing, and the shrinks written report concluded with something like- "Mr X is a very strong willed individual...his behaviour was appropriate throughout the interview and I can find no grounds to suggest that the balance of his mind was disturbed"
It's true of most tough-minded Christians, whereas atheists and cultists are mostly jumpy, irritable and uptight..:)

PS- A saying in Nam was "What happens in the field stays in the field", but many vets bring their bad memories and traumas home with them like baggage. Obviously they should take the Bible's advice-
God said- "Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland"
(Isaiah 43:18 )
Last Edit: 20 May 2019 22:10 by Ugh.

Is Scientology a Good Thing? 20 May 2019 22:35 #20

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Connect Dots wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Scientology is an applied technology. NOT a religious belief system.
I think technology is fascinating.

I like trying to figure out what the underlying science is that makes it work.

What is the underlying science of Scientology? It's not mainstream science, correct?

This is going to blow your socks off........I probably shouldn't talk about it because few have any reality on such things and it usually ends a flame war? But I am going to do it anyway.

The example I gave above, "the tingly sensation in your left little toe", there are only so many incidences that can be found in this lifetime. Then BOOM it's going to happen. You are going to be sitting there describing incidences form times earlier than this lifetime. It's not going to be one of those deals where maybe you did, maybe you didn't, It's going to be full blown, panoramic, unmistakable, you describing this sensation in another body, in another era.

I've actually seen people physically change and talking a foreign language. It is that powerful.

You see the mind does as it's told. if it's told to locate something, that's exactly what it does. The mind doesn't discriminate. EVERYTHING the mind has witnessed is logged in the memory banks and is accessible. It makes no difference if were 100 years ago, of if it was 100 million years ago.

So you see, relief from your pain, sensation, emotion, or trauma, is almost always to be found in the past rather than current life. In this way trauma is brought up the past into the consciousness.
Last Edit: 21 May 2019 06:11 by peacenik.
  • Page:
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare