Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: June 29th 2019 London UK

June 29th 2019 London UK 27 Jun 2019 06:10 #1

• MrAnderson
  • Silver Member
See if they end up on the news

Last Edit: 27 Jun 2019 06:24 by MrAnderson.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: entrangermercenary1

June 29th 2019 London UK 27 Jun 2019 11:45 #2

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
Hey you in the video, do yourself a favour and ditch that PTSD shirt mate, because only fucking fairies, snowflakes and spiritual retards get PTSD, and you're not one of them are you?

June 29th 2019 London UK 27 Jun 2019 13:18 #3

• annabelle
  • Silver Member
Ever heard of shell shock? that was, in some ways, a forerunner to what, it certain cases, would be considered now to be Post Traumatic Stress Sydrome.

The term "shell shock" was coined by the soldiers themselves. Symptoms included fatigue, tremor, confusion, nightmares and impaired sight and hearing. It was often diagnosed when a soldier was unable to function and no obvious cause could be identified.

Some, and perhaps many cases of shell shock were caused imo by physical injury to the brain but also there were psychological and long lasting injuries suffered in wartime by soldiers and civilians alike.

Unfortunately, shell shock, when caused by physical injury, was often viewed as cowardice, malingering or treason.

PTSD though, when not caused by an actual physical injury, is a real thing. It's attitudes of people that dismiss it that keep some people who suffer from it from getting help, which is not a weak thing to do, it is a logical, wise and reasonable thing to do. it also doesn't only affect them but the people close to them. It's not only war veterans that suffer from it either but also people who have been through hell like deep terrifying trauma (of short or long duration) outside of war zones.

quote:

Some of the most common traumatic events that may lead to post-traumatic stress disorder include:

War
Rape
Kidnapping
Natural disasters (e.g., tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes)
Terrorist attacks
Car or plane crashes
Assault
Sexual or physical abuse

Not everyone who experiences a traumatic event will suffer from PTSD. It's normal to have nightmares, be fearful, and find difficulty “forgetting” what happened.

When you get stuck in a state of fear and shock and your symptoms don’t improve or get worse, post-traumatic stress disorder is likely settling in because your body is having problems restoring itself to equilibrium.

Symptoms of PTSD are often grouped into types. These types include: avoidance, intrusive memories, changes in emotional reactions, and negative changes in thinking and mood.

The most common symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder include flashbacks, jumpiness (literally “jumping out of one’s skin”), emotional detachment. These symptoms can come and go and vary in intensity.

We outline the four types below:

Avoidance Symptoms

* Avoiding talking about or thinking about the traumatic event
* Avoiding places, activities, or people that remind you of the traumatic event

Intrusive Memories

* Flashbacks – reliving the event as if it were happening all over again
* Upsetting dreams/nightmares about the traumatic event
* Recurrent memories of the traumatic event – even when you are trying not to think about them – as if they won’t “leave your mind”
* Experiencing severe emotional distress or physical reactions to things that remind you of the traumatic event

Changes in Emotional Reactions

* Overwhelming guilt or shame
* Jumpiness – being easily startled or frightened – jumping out of your skin
* Sleep disturbances
* Difficulty concentrating
* Always in “defense” mode – on guard for danger
* Irritability
* Angry outburst
* Aggressive behavior
* Self-destructive behavior (e.g., substance abuse)

Negative Changes in Thinking and Mood

* Feeling negatively about yourself and others
* Lack of interest in activities you once found enjoyment in
* Difficulty maintaining relationships with others
* Memory problems – not being able to remember parts of the traumatic event
* Feelings of hopelessness for the future (e.g., marriage, career, living a normal life span)
* Emotional numbness – feeling detached from others
* Inability to experience positive emotions

www.psycom.net/post-traumatic-stress-disorder/

June 29th 2019 London UK 27 Jun 2019 13:56 #4

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
annabelle wrote:
Ever heard of shell shock? that was, in some ways, a forerunner to what, it certain cases, would be considered now to be Post Traumatic Stress Sydrome.
PTSD though, when not caused by an actual physical injury, is a real thing. It's attitudes of people that dismiss it that keep some people who suffer from it from getting help..

1- Yes, shell shock occurred in WW1/WW2 after being under artillery bombardment for hours on end, but even so, it only affected a minority.

2- PTSD is completely different and is a modern invention supposedly caused by the horrific sights they saw in war, but there again it only affects a minority and I've got little sympathy for them, they must be mentally weak in the first place, or they're just trying to get welfare benefits by claiming they've got PTSD.
After all, paramedics see dead bodies all the time in horrific car smashes etc, yet they don't go down with PTSD.

Remember, we live in 'Snowflake Times' where the Establishment want us to think its perfectly normal to be half-nutty, for example just look at all the 'reality' TV shows around where most of the contestants (men and women) are guaranteed to break down in tears before long, setting a bad example to kids.
That's why kids today grow up to be jumpy, irritable, neurotic and unsure of themselves which is what the Estab wants so that the Estab can control them.

June 29th 2019 London UK 27 Jun 2019 16:36 #5

• annabelle
  • Silver Member
Documentary reveals high rates of PTSD and suicide among paramedics

They’re the heroes who race into peril when everyone else is running in the opposite direction: police officers, firefighters, paramedics.

But paramedics are more likely to suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder — and commit suicide — than other first responders. For paramedics, it’s estimated PTSD affects one in four — and given the low rates of reporting, it could be much higher.

A new documentary from Vancouver director Kevin Eastwood highlights the PTSD crisis facing paramedics and seeks to break down the stigma that contributes to suicide ideation, substance abuse and suffering in silence.

After the Sirens lays bare the on-the-job moments that traumatized some of these paramedics — walking through a house filled with homicide victims, a shooter still unaccounted for, as they assess whether each crumpled body they come across is alive or dead; tending to a man who has just murdered several women; discovering a close friend dead from an overdose; and the damage these horrors have wrought on their lives, including drug abuse, anxiety attacks and suicide attempts.

Eastwood met one of the paramedics — Clive Derbyshire, who works in the Downtown Eastside — while he was filming the award-winning documentary series Emergency Room: Life + Death at VGH.

“[At the time] I had no idea about was what was going on inside for him,” recalls Eastwood. “I would see him in his workplace and he would be on the top of his game. He was a great paramedic, and I knew him as this charismatic and likable personality, so to learn that he was covering up a whole bunch of complex mental health challenges was revealing.”

Paramedics are particularly vulnerable to PTSD because of “how massive and widespread the stigma against PTSD actually is” amongst paramedics themselves, says Eastwood.

“I heard lots of people who I wouldn’t have expected to say such things referring to some of these paramedics as, ‘Oh, they’re just some of the crazy ones.’ That was really surprising, and made me realize how much of a mountain the stigma is and has been for paramedics.”

Which is precisely why Eastwood feels a documentary like After the Sirens is essential:

it drags the stigma into the light and, he hopes, changes attitudes. Still, Eastwood encountered some paramedics who were reluctant to participate in his film because they were worried it would negatively impact what people think about first responders.

www.vancourier.com/entertainment/documentary-reveals-high-rates-of-ptsd-and-suicide-among-paramedics-1.23255715

Life As A Paramedic: PTSD

The number of dead people I interacted with during my 16-year run as a paramedic easily numbers into 3 figures. I appreciated dead people, 'cause they didn't puke on me or curse at me or take a swing at me while I was attempting to help them. The ones that really got to me, though, were the babies and the kids. It would be them that would ultimately set off the PTSD that had been brewing ever since my abusive childhood.

sickboypodcast.com/blog/2017/10/18/life-as-a-paramedic-ptsd

PTSD in First Responders
Last Edit: 27 Jun 2019 17:23 by annabelle.
User(s) who Liked this post: MrAnderson

June 29th 2019 London UK 27 Jun 2019 17:04 #6

• MrAnderson
  • Silver Member
Ugh wrote:
Hey you in the video, do yourself a favour and ditch that PTSD shirt mate, because only fucking fairies, snowflakes and spiritual retards get PTSD, and you're not one of them are you?

Do you know who the DFLA are or not ?

They are on your team pal so are you with your boys or not

June 29th 2019 London UK 27 Jun 2019 17:08 #7

• MrAnderson
  • Silver Member
Anyway I wouldnt be surprised if they shut half of London down

Bad idea to piss these lads off and theyve gone and done it

June 29th 2019 London UK 27 Jun 2019 19:16 #8

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
annabelle wrote:
Documentary reveals high rates of PTSD and suicide among paramedics

If they can't handle the job they should quit and get jobs as grocery clerks or flower sellers..:)

June 29th 2019 London UK 27 Jun 2019 19:19 #9

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
MrAnderson wrote:
Do you know who the DFLA are or not ?
They are on your team pal so are you with your boys or not

Never heard of the DFLA, but if they're all PTSD wimps I'm not interested anyway..:)

June 29th 2019 London UK 27 Jun 2019 20:38 #10

• MrAnderson
  • Silver Member
You dont understand whats happening Ugh

Best to stay inside with your video games
User(s) who Liked this post: entrangermercenary1, Gaia

June 29th 2019 London UK 27 Jun 2019 20:45 #11

• MrAnderson
  • Silver Member
Most people with some sort of PTSD could be back in the job if they got some help

Its when its ignored that it festers and gets bad

People handle stress differently

Lets see how Khans Met Police handle the big boys
User(s) who Liked this post: entrangermercenary1

June 29th 2019 London UK 27 Jun 2019 21:31 #12

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
MrAnderson wrote:
Most people with some sort of PTSD could be back in the job if they got some help..

The best advice for them (and all other stressed-out uptight individuals) would be- "BECOME CHRISTIANS" and all their stress would go away..:)

June 29th 2019 London UK 28 Jun 2019 02:44 #13

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
Ugh wrote:
MrAnderson wrote:
Most people with some sort of PTSD could be back in the job if they got some help..

The best advice for them (and all other stressed-out uptight individuals) would be- "BECOME CHRISTIANS" and all their stress would go away..:)

So using one mental disorder to treat another...... :ponda:
Once a hyena always a hyena.

June 29th 2019 London UK 28 Jun 2019 12:24 #14

• annabelle
  • Silver Member
:roll:
User(s) who Liked this post: Lux Interior

June 29th 2019 London UK 28 Jun 2019 14:23 #15

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Ugh wrote:
Frothy wrote:

Congrats mate, that was almost funny..:)
But if nonchristians WANT to stay jumpy, uptight, irritable and permanently on the edge of a nervous breakdown it's no business of mine..:)
Here guys, check out my sensational "Christian Swagger" video under my wargaming name 'PoorOldSpike", play it fullscreen for maximum dramatic effect and note my awesomely self-confident fearlessly-arrogant body language..:)

"..as a Christian, thank God you bear that name....that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured" (1 Peter 4:16, Col 4:12)

Last Edit: 28 Jun 2019 14:25 by Ugh.

June 29th 2019 London UK 28 Jun 2019 19:22 #16

Ugh wrote:
annabelle wrote:
PTSD though, when not caused by an actual physical injury, is a real thing. It's attitudes of people that dismiss it that keep some people who suffer from it from getting help..

1- Yes, shell shock occurred in WW1/WW2 after being under artillery bombardment for hours on end, but even so, it only affected a minority.

2- PTSD is completely different and is a modern invention supposedly caused by the horrific sights they saw in war, but there again it only affects a minority and I've got little sympathy for them, they must be mentally weak in the first place, or they're just trying to get welfare benefits by claiming they've got PTSD.
After all, paramedics see dead bodies all the time in horrific car smashes etc, yet they don't go down with PTSD.

Remember, we live in 'Snowflake Times' where the Establishment want us to think its perfectly normal to be half-nutty, for example just look at all the 'reality' TV shows around where most of the contestants (men and women) are guaranteed to break down in tears before long, setting a bad example to kids.
That's why kids today grow up to be jumpy, irritable, neurotic and unsure of themselves which is what the Estab wants so that the Estab can control them.

Ugh the man of steel. :nono:

Would you say that to any ex Blades face who suffers? :nono:

Would you say that to any vet who has served in the last 25yrs :nono:

1 poster on here has had it, hope he gives you a shoeing via PM.

When coming under sustained fire from various weapons systems you soon find God, especially if you only have a Dragunov in your hand, that goes across the board for military vets.

So Ugh instead of putting a video up of swaggering out of where ever, fuck off to London for a few days and do videos of you telling vets they are snowflakes.

Cunt :raiseglass:
User(s) who Liked this post: Lux Interior

June 29th 2019 London UK 28 Jun 2019 19:24 #17

MrAnderson wrote:
Most people with some sort of PTSD could be back in the job if they got some help

Its when its ignored that it festers and gets bad

People handle stress differently

Lets see how Khans Met Police handle the big boys

Lot of ex Paras going for the obvious reason. Also Manchester will be having one quite soon methinks :cool2:

June 29th 2019 London UK 28 Jun 2019 19:28 #18

Ugh wrote:
Ugh wrote:
Frothy wrote:

Congrats mate, that was almost funny..:)
But if nonchristians WANT to stay jumpy, uptight, irritable and permanently on the edge of a nervous breakdown it's no business of mine..:)
Here guys, check out my sensational "Christian Swagger" video under my wargaming name 'PoorOldSpike", play it fullscreen for maximum dramatic effect and note my awesomely self-confident fearlessly-arrogant body language..:)

"..as a Christian, thank God you bear that name....that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured" (1 Peter 4:16, Col 4:12)

To be fair it was so dramatic I got my wank sock out :salute:

June 29th 2019 London UK 28 Jun 2019 19:45 #19

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
entrangermercenary1 wrote:

Yup, we Christians are Iron Men, so maybe the power of my words would rub off on others..:)-
"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another" (Proverbs 7:17)

What sticks in my craw is that a lot of these so-called "PTSD sufferers" didn't get it from some fierce battle like D-Day or Arnhem or Cassino, they got it from being shot at by a bunch of untrained raghead insurgents in the mid east!
The REAL heroes are ordinary civilians who have to fight a battle every day with a mental or physical handicap or illness that they were born with.

If I met a PTSD "sufferer" I'd say to him "Look mate, simply become a Christian and all your troubles will vanish", but if he disregarded that advice I'd think "Well fuck you Jack" and walk..:)

Jesus said:-"If any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them" (Mark 6:11)
Last Edit: 28 Jun 2019 19:47 by Ugh.

June 29th 2019 London UK 28 Jun 2019 20:57 #20

Ugh wrote:
entrangermercenary1 wrote:

Yup, we Christians are Iron Men, so maybe the power of my words would rub off on others..:)-
"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another" (Proverbs 7:17)

What sticks in my craw is that a lot of these so-called "PTSD sufferers" didn't get it from some fierce battle like D-Day or Arnhem or Cassino, they got it from being shot at by a bunch of untrained raghead insurgents in the mid east!
The REAL heroes are ordinary civilians who have to fight a battle every day with a mental or physical handicap or illness that they were born with.

If I met a PTSD "sufferer" I'd say to him "Look mate, simply become a Christian and all your troubles will vanish", but if he disregarded that advice I'd think "Well fuck you Jack" and walk..:)

Jesus said:-"If any place will not welcome you or listen to you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave, as a testimony against them" (Mark 6:11)

Do you like to "Rub off on others" :ponda: I have heard about Christians who do that, mainly Catholics ,but also across the board.

I think you will find a hell of a lot have PTSD from inflicted IED wounds, not just a couple of firefights with ragheads. Its a culmination of events that your lucky not to have been involved in.
I don't have PTSD but the wife knows I have a rough night or 2 every now and again.

Now get your ass to London and do some videos, show them the swagger, my wank sock awaits to be filled :sokay:
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare