Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

 
PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: A Tale of Two Holy Books

A Tale of Two Holy Books 25 Jul 2019 21:39 #1

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 3013
  • Likes received: 1550
A Tale of Two Holy Books.
There are two different holy books in the world today, located in two different hemispheres of the planet. The one in the Western Hemisphere is known as, ‘The Bible’. The one in the Eastern hemisphere is the, ‘ancient Veda scripture’.

One would think, since they’re both known as, holy books, they would share some kind of commonality? But they have very little in common. The ancient Vedas are far older than the Bible. The ancient Vedas were written long before the advent of monotheism (the one true God’).

Some scholars call the Veda’s, ‘a collection of, ’10,000 years of thinking of thinking Men’

The Bible, as far as I can tell, does not acknowledge Man’s spirituality? Whereas, the ancient Vedic texts, Man’s spirituality is for the most part, the central theme of scripture.
Not only does the ancient Vedas acknowledge Man’s spiritual nature, but goes to great length to explain what the Soul is, what it’s relationship is to the material universe, What it’s relationship is to God, and how the Soul operates in the physical. ….all with it’s own nomenclature.

It also explains what happens to the Soul at the death of the body.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 25 Jul 2019 21:46 by peacenik.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

A Tale of Two Holy Books 26 Jul 2019 21:17 #2

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 3013
  • Likes received: 1550
Almost every dictionary you pick up defines, 'Satan' as, 'the accuser of Man'. As it turns out, the Old Testament accuses Man, more than any other text I've came across. So make of it what you will.


Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 26 Jul 2019 21:51 by peacenik.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

A Tale of Two Holy Books 27 Jul 2019 14:03 #3

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
  • Posts: 16328
  • Likes received: 1708
In the Old Testament within the chapter of Genesis there are passages that refer to god in the plural. Maybe it meant god and the angels, when it used terms such as ''our'' etc...,.

This means to me that god was one of the angels, so how can it be monotheistic?


ps Also, in the NT doesn't the appearance of Jesus in the biblical narrative not make the theme polytheistic too?

God up there, god down here, lots of angels flying about = monotheism :bs:
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Last Edit: 27 Jul 2019 14:08 by Frothy.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik

A Tale of Two Holy Books 27 Jul 2019 20:04 #4

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 3013
  • Likes received: 1550
Frothy wrote:
In the Old Testament within the chapter of Genesis there are passages that refer to god in the plural. Maybe it meant god and the angels, when it used terms such as ''our'' etc...,.

This means to me that god was one of the angels, so how can it be monotheistic?


ps Also, in the NT doesn't the appearance of Jesus in the biblical narrative not make the theme polytheistic too?

God up there, god down here, lots of angels flying about = monotheism :bs:

Yes, I believe the word, "Elohim' was plural for God? " "Let us go down and confuse their language".

Monothesium, the belief in one "true" God, was greatest scam ever leveled at Man.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 27 Jul 2019 20:05 by peacenik.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

A Tale of Two Holy Books 27 Jul 2019 22:47 #5

  • Ugh
  • Ugh's Avatar
  • Online
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
  • Posts: 3246
  • Likes received: 374
All the ancient Vedic "holy men" were just ordinary humans giving us their best guesses and hunches, and are all in graves somewhere.
But Jesus gave us GOD's words, and he's not in any grave, spot the difference?..:)
Jesus said - "For I have not spoken on my own authority; but the Father who sent me gave me a command, what I should say and what I should speak" (John 12:49)
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

A Tale of Two Holy Books 27 Jul 2019 23:16 #6

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
  • Posts: 16328
  • Likes received: 1708
peacenik wrote:
Frothy wrote:
In the Old Testament within the chapter of Genesis there are passages that refer to god in the plural. Maybe it meant god and the angels, when it used terms such as ''our'' etc...,.

This means to me that god was one of the angels, so how can it be monotheistic?


ps Also, in the NT doesn't the appearance of Jesus in the biblical narrative not make the theme polytheistic too?

God up there, god down here, lots of angels flying about = monotheism :bs:

Yes, I believe the word, "Elohim' was plural for God? " "Let us go down and confuse their language".

Monothesium, the belief in one "true" God, was greatest scam ever leveled at Man.

Yup, Elohim is plural of El (god)

There are also these passages in Genesis;

“And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness…”

“And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil.”

So that's five references to a plural god right there.

Nobody seems to wonder who 'god' was speaking to?

Also ''God'' and ''Lord God'' are the same person with a name change in the same chapter?
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Last Edit: 27 Jul 2019 23:30 by Frothy.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik

A Tale of Two Holy Books 28 Jul 2019 00:08 #7

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 3013
  • Likes received: 1550
Ugh wrote:

But Jesus gave us GOD's words, and he's not in any grave, spot the difference?..:)

[/b][/i]

No, I do not spot the difference. On another thread you tried to make a case for there being a, physical, historic ,Jesus. EVERYTHING physical, dies. There are no exceptions. If Jesus had a body, that body is long since dead and buried.

You are arguing with science. You are arguing the physical with physics, and you can NEVER win an argument like that.

Those who wrote the ancient Vedas were not agenda driven, those who wrote the Bible, were. The purpose of the Old Testament was to push the "one true God" down everyone's throat. Those who wrote the Vedas did so to enlighten.........See the difference?
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

A Tale of Two Holy Books 28 Jul 2019 09:53 #8

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
  • Posts: 16328
  • Likes received: 1708
peacenik wrote:
Ugh wrote:

But Jesus gave us GOD's words, and he's not in any grave, spot the difference?..:)

[/b][/i]

No, I do not spot the difference. On another thread you tried to make a case for there being a, physical, historic ,Jesus. EVERYTHING physical, dies. There are no exceptions. If Jesus had a body, that body is long since dead and buried.

You are arguing with science. You are arguing the physical with physics, and you can NEVER win an argument like that.

Those who wrote the ancient Vedas were not agenda driven, those who wrote the Bible, were. The purpose of the Old Testament was to push the "one true God" down everyone's throat. Those who wrote the Vedas did so to enlighten.........See the difference?

Well Ugh wants it three ways;

!) He wants Jesus to be a real historical character walking the Earth
2) He wants Jesus to be a godly creature who still lives
3) He wants that religion to be monotheism

His three positions are incompatible.
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

A Tale of Two Holy Books 28 Jul 2019 13:08 #9

  • Ugh
  • Ugh's Avatar
  • Online
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
  • Posts: 3246
  • Likes received: 374
peacenik wrote:
..On another thread you tried to make a case for there being a, physical, historic ,Jesus. EVERYTHING physical, dies. There are no exceptions. If Jesus had a body, that body is long since dead and buried..

Jesus WAS the exception..:)
The Romans bust a gut trying to find his body but failed miserably, as have historians and archaeologists ever since.
The rest of us die and are buried or cremated, but we're not still in those bodies-
"So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable...it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.. flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Cor 15:42-50)
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

A Tale of Two Holy Books 28 Jul 2019 13:19 #10

  • Ugh
  • Ugh's Avatar
  • Online
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
  • Posts: 3246
  • Likes received: 374
peacenik wrote:
You are arguing the physical with physics, and you can NEVER win an argument like that.
Those who wrote the ancient Vedas were not agenda driven, those who wrote the Bible, were. The purpose of the Old Testament was to push the "one true God" down everyone's throat. Those who wrote the Vedas did so to enlighten.........See the difference?

1- Jesus bent the laws of physics to produce his 37 miracles, there was nothing he couldn't do..:)

2- The ancient Vedic writers simply gave us their guesses and opinions about the purpose of life, but we shouldn't take them as gospel, then Jesus arrived to clear up things once and for all.
As for the OT prophets, they simply gave us God's words, they had no "agenda" of their own, especially as they knew prophets often had a very short lifespan at the hands of the snooty priests and never asked for the job...:)

Below: JC in action bending the laws of physics curing a blind man by spitting in the dust to make mud pies then smearing it on his eyes.

Last Edit: 28 Jul 2019 13:21 by Ugh.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

A Tale of Two Holy Books 28 Jul 2019 13:31 #11

  • Ugh
  • Ugh's Avatar
  • Online
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
  • Posts: 3246
  • Likes received: 374
Frothy wrote:
Well Ugh wants it three ways;

!) He wants Jesus to be a real historical character walking the Earth
2) He wants Jesus to be a godly creature who still lives
3) He wants that religion to be monotheism
His three positions are incompatible.

1/2- When the thief on the cross next to him said- "Hey JC I got no beef with you, remember me will ya?", JC replied- “Today you will be with me in paradise” (Luke 23: 39-43)
In other words, when the body dies, the soul flies to Jesus IF we've connected with him like that bloke did..:)

3- You can follow the chickenshit ancient "gods" if you like mate, but I'll stick with JC's dad..:)


Below: for example the Egyptian "gods" looked like a bloody freak show..:)
Last Edit: 28 Jul 2019 13:34 by Ugh.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

A Tale of Two Holy Books 28 Jul 2019 19:50 #12

  • peacenik
  • peacenik's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Immortal
  • Posts: 3013
  • Likes received: 1550
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:
You are arguing the physical with physics, and you can NEVER win an argument like that.
Those who wrote the ancient Vedas were not agenda driven, those who wrote the Bible, were. The purpose of the Old Testament was to push the "one true God" down everyone's throat. Those who wrote the Vedas did so to enlighten.........See the difference?

1- Jesus bent the laws of physics to produce his 37 miracles, there was nothing he couldn't do..:)


Then why can't he provide you with an analytical mind?
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

A Tale of Two Holy Books 28 Jul 2019 20:02 #13

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
  • Posts: 16328
  • Likes received: 1708
Ugh
1/2- When the thief on the cross next to him said- "Hey JC I got no beef with you, remember me will ya?", JC replied- “Today you will be with me in paradise” (Luke 23: 39-43)

So be any kind of thieving/criminal cunt and still go to heaven, :thumbup:
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

A Tale of Two Holy Books 28 Jul 2019 20:06 #14

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
  • Posts: 16328
  • Likes received: 1708
peacenik wrote:
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:
You are arguing the physical with physics, and you can NEVER win an argument like that.
Those who wrote the ancient Vedas were not agenda driven, those who wrote the Bible, were. The purpose of the Old Testament was to push the "one true God" down everyone's throat. Those who wrote the Vedas did so to enlighten.........See the difference?

1- Jesus bent the laws of physics to produce his 37 miracles, there was nothing he couldn't do..:)


Then why can't he provide you with an analytical mind?

Ugh seems to think that anyone who is not a Christian is a bad person by default, it's as if it's a Mason cult sort of theme.
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Last Edit: 28 Jul 2019 20:09 by Frothy.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

A Tale of Two Holy Books 28 Jul 2019 20:06 #15

  • Ugh
  • Ugh's Avatar
  • Online
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
  • Posts: 3246
  • Likes received: 374
Ugh wrote:
Jesus bent the laws of physics to produce his 37 miracles, there was nothing he couldn't do
peacenik wrote:
Then why can't he provide you with an analytical mind?

But mate, I've explained before in TZ that I got College of Preceptors exam passes in General Science and Advanced Science in 1963, and am naturally drawn to analysing the fascinating "Superscience" in the Bible.
As regards other religions and wacko cultish beliefs (including so-called "christian" ones) I've analysed them too and conclude they're just piles of steaming bullshit.
Name any one of them and i'll tell you why it stinks..:)
Last Edit: 28 Jul 2019 20:08 by Ugh.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

A Tale of Two Holy Books 28 Jul 2019 20:13 #16

  • Ugh
  • Ugh's Avatar
  • Online
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
  • Posts: 3246
  • Likes received: 374
Frothy wrote:
Ugh seems to think that anyone who is not a Christian is a bad person by default,.

Yes, anybody who rejects JC (including wacko "christian" cultists) is certainly not on my wavelength and I cross the street to avoid them, and would certainly never have one in my house..:)

"Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world...do not take them into your house or welcome them." (2 John 1:7-11)
"If you hang around with losers you become a loser"- Donald Trump
Last Edit: 28 Jul 2019 20:15 by Ugh.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

A Tale of Two Holy Books 30 Jul 2019 13:55 #17

  • Frothy
  • Frothy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
  • Posts: 16328
  • Likes received: 1708
Ugh wrote:
Frothy wrote:
Ugh seems to think that anyone who is not a Christian is a bad person by default,.

Yes, anybody who rejects JC (including wacko "christian" cultists) is certainly not on my wavelength and I cross the street to avoid them, and would certainly never have one in my house..:)

"Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world...do not take them into your house or welcome them." (2 John 1:7-11)
"If you hang around with losers you become a loser"- Donald Trump

Newsflash - you are a wako Christian cultist.

Cultist/Cult

1.
a. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
b. The followers of such a religion or sect.
2. A system or community of religious worship and ritual.
3. The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.
4. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.
5.
a. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing.
b. The object of such devotion.
6. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.

www.thefreedictionary.com/cultist
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Last Edit: 30 Jul 2019 14:00 by Frothy.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

A Tale of Two Holy Books 30 Jul 2019 14:19 #18

  • Gaia
  • Gaia's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Member
  • Posts: 7283
  • Likes received: 1569
Ugh wrote:
Frothy wrote:
Ugh seems to think that anyone who is not a Christian is a bad person by default,.

Yes, anybody who rejects JC (including wacko "christian" cultists) is certainly not on my wavelength and I cross the street to avoid them, and would certainly never have one in my house..:)

So when you find a man desperately needing help on your doorstep and he doesn't embrace "JC", you send him off?

Have you even read what "Jesus from Nazareth" would do? :facepalm:
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)
Last Edit: 30 Jul 2019 14:20 by Gaia.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

A Tale of Two Holy Books 30 Jul 2019 16:22 #19

  • Ugh
  • Ugh's Avatar
  • Online
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
  • Posts: 3246
  • Likes received: 374
Frothy wrote:
Newsflash - you are a wako Christian cultist.

My nanny is very cross with you mate, careful, the naughty step....



Fact is, "christian" cults are "spiritual perverts"-
"Ignorant people distort things,to their own destruction" (2 Peter 3:16/17)
"Don't get carried away by strange teachings" (Hebrews 13:9)


They weave together an ungodly twisted mix of bible verses and call it a "belief", then try to puke it up at us-
"As a dog returns to its vomit, so fools repeat their folly" (Proverbs 26:11)




That's why Jesus said stick to HIM and don't hang with oddball cults-
"Call nobody teacher except me" (Matt 23:8-10)

Last Edit: 30 Jul 2019 16:30 by Ugh.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

A Tale of Two Holy Books 30 Jul 2019 16:45 #20

  • Ugh
  • Ugh's Avatar
  • Online
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
  • Posts: 3246
  • Likes received: 374
Gaia wrote:
So when you find a man desperately needing help on your doorstep and he doesn't embrace "JC", you send him off?
Have you even read what "Jesus from Nazareth" would do? :facepalm:

When I go in town I always carry a spare £20 (25 US dollars) in my pocket to hand out to beggars, I don't ask what they think of JC..:)
And when I lived in Leicester a prostitute once knocked my door gone midnight in tears saying a client had just beat her up, so I let her in and gave her a cuppa and a sandwich, and let her have my bed while I slept on the settee.
"You can get in with me if you like" she shyly mumbled, but I made some excuse not to, boy I must have been nuts..:)
With hindsight I should have got in with her so I could have cuddled her til she fell asleep because that's all she wanted, and I let her down (sniffle)..

PS- Another time, my doorbell rang here in Plymouth, I was expecting the meter reader so I pressed the street door button to let him in and began walking down the stairs to meet him, but I heard a babble of voices and stopped halfway down and called "Is that the meter man?".
"No" came back a male voice, "we're Jehovahs Witnesses", so I slipped back into my flat without another word and locked the door, and they eventually buggered off
..:)
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Gaia
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare
Powered by Kunena Forum

Annual Server Target

Whether its 50 cents or five dollars, your donations are appreciated and help keep this community site running so we can all continue to enjoy using it. Secure transactions via paypal.
This target is to meet our server cost for one year, June 2019 - May 2020, in USD.
$ 340 - Target
( £ 278 GBP )
donation thermometer
donation thermometer
$ 160 - Raised
( £ 130 GBP )
donation thermometer
47%
Updated
2nd October 2019

No one is obliged to donate, please only donate what you can afford. Even the smallest amount helps. Being an active member is a positive contribution. Thank You.