Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What do you think of this car?

What do you think of this car? 25 Apr 2020 23:51 #1

• peacenik
  • Immortal

I think it's about the coolest car I've ever seen!

Been looking at it for several weeks. Can't take my eyes off it.

It's a custom 1939 Ford coup with the top chopped. Has a new crate, Corvette engine.

If it's still available and the price is right in a month from now, I probably will buy it. Seller is asking, $45,000 for it.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 26 Apr 2020 00:09 by peacenik.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare, Gaia

What do you think of this car? 26 Apr 2020 00:10 #2

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
wondered where ya got to peacenik - cheers

Truth is anti-semitic
User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik

What do you think of this car? 26 Apr 2020 00:14 #3

• novum
  • Platinum Member
If it makes you happy why not. It looks very fkn cool. The black makes it look tough. (im assuming its black, it could be a very dark shade of something else and the camera cant pick it up)

And the corvette engine is perfect for trouble free driving. If you hadnt mentioned the engine... i wouldve asked.. does it have an LS engine? :larf: ... but from what youve written, it already does. And I have a couple of those engines myself, its the worlds most popular engine right now, for good reason.

I see it has nice big brakes on the front also, those look like C5 corvette calipers.

Does it have air conditioning? Auto or manual? An auto with overdrive, and A/C , would make it a real nice cruiser.
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352

What do you think of this car? 26 Apr 2020 01:21 #4

• peacenik
  • Immortal
novum wrote:
If it makes you happy why not. It looks very fkn cool. The black makes it look tough. (im assuming its black, it could be a very dark shade of something else and the camera cant pick it up)

And the corvette engine is perfect for trouble free driving. If you hadnt mentioned the engine... i wouldve asked.. does it have an LS engine? :larf: ... but from what youve written, it already does. And I have a couple of those engines myself, its the worlds most popular engine right now, for good reason.

I see it has nice big brakes on the front also, those look like C5 corvette calipers.

Does it have air conditioning? Auto or manual? An auto with overdrive, and A/C , would make it a real nice cruiser.

Seller say's it has a LT-1 motor and describes the paint as, "PPG black/2042 clear". Corvette C-4 (Front and rear) independent suspension and corvette brakes. Has air, tilt steering, and power windows.
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu

What do you think of this car? 26 Apr 2020 02:01 #5

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Sounds good... PPG paint is quality also.

LT-1 swaps arent all that common, that is the newest GM engine.

i assumed it had an LS1 vette engine as they are more common. The LT-1 isnt all that different, its just the next generation, and has the high pressure direct injection that differs for the most part, so swaps are a bit less common with it, but sounds like they went for the newest stuff, which is a good sign they didnt cut corners to build the thing .

It wouldnt be slow either, must be quite quick.
I remember the good old days, when 90+ year olds in nursing homes lived forever. Darn this pesky virus.

1365 = 1

What do you think of this car? 26 Apr 2020 02:10 #6

• peacenik
  • Immortal
novum wrote:
If it makes you happy why not.

Yeah!

Tell that to the wife :larf:

Last Edit: 26 Apr 2020 02:18 by peacenik.
User(s) who Liked this post: MrAnderson

What do you think of this car? 26 Apr 2020 02:54 #7

• Flare
The car looks real nice Peacenik.

But do you think it's a good idea to make such a purchase at this time of the greatest economic crash recorded in history...?

What do you think of this car? 26 Apr 2020 02:58 #8

• novum
  • Platinum Member
peacenik wrote:
novum wrote:
If it makes you happy why not.

Yeah!

Tell that to the wife :larf:

:lmao:

Sorry brother I cant help you with that, youre on your own in convincing her.

Would the guy selling the car take the wife as a trade perhaps? :joker:

1365 = 1

User(s) who Liked this post: peacenik, Gaia

What do you think of this car? 26 Apr 2020 04:47 #9

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Flare wrote:
The car looks real nice Peacenik.

But do you think it's a good idea to make such a purchase at this time of the greatest economic crash recorded in history...?

I was thinking the same. That's why I am holding off a bit. Who knows what the price on things like this will be worth in the months ahead? What good is a nice car when you are quarantined and can't drive it? On the other hand, if credit drys up and not many can get a car like this financed, the prices will come down?

But, I don't know how much longer I can hold out? The car keeps beaconing me.
:D
Last Edit: 26 Apr 2020 04:59 by peacenik.
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare

What do you think of this car? 26 Apr 2020 04:59 #10

• novum
  • Platinum Member
I guess we are at the mercy of the decision makers.

I have no idea if things will go back to normal sooner, or later, or at all.

There will be winners and losers with what has happened to the economy and stock market.. some people will be hard up for cash because they have to pay off loans, and will need to sell off assets (like cars), others that corona hasnt affected as much can be waiting in the wings to get a bit of a bargain or discount. I guess im just stating the obvious there.

People are saying the value of these kinds of cars will fall some more given what has happened, but again how can we know without a crystal ball... its a tough call.

Even the stockmarket bottomed out a couple weeks ago..but then rose some. Will we see it drop more, again it may, it may not... tough to call. And everything kind of follows the US stockmarket in an economic sense, at least loosely and generally speaking, thats why I mentioned it.

1365 = 1

What do you think of this car? 26 Apr 2020 06:10 #11

• peacenik
  • Immortal
novum wrote:
I guess we are at the mercy of the decision makers.

I have no idea if things will go back to normal sooner, or later, or at all.

There will be winners and losers with what has happened to the economy and stock market.. some people will be hard up for cash because they have to pay off loans, and will need to sell off assets (like cars), others that corona hasnt affected as much can be waiting in the wings to get a bit of a bargain or discount. I guess im just stating the obvious there.

I think most people understand, the target for this "virus" is the world economy and depopulation? If that be the case, we haven't seen the worst of it?

I don't know about the rest of the world, but here in the US, Many people have began working at home as opposed to working in the office. Wouldn't it be awful if the globalist shut down the power grid now that so many are working from home and absolutely need electric Can you imagine the disruption and damage to our economy if that happens?

What do you think of this car? 26 Apr 2020 06:50 #12

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Yes it is quite easy for them to create a further state of disarray. (understatement) Power off is one way.

Im not going to call what they have in store for us, because i just dont know....all i can do is speculate... and I think it depends on how people react also, i do think we are being tested as ive said before in the corona thread.

There is a bit of a push back to the restrictions of late, its going to take more of that to put pressure on the people calling the shots. If there isnt more of that push back, I expect us to stay locked down for longer.. the elites conclusion will be that they can push us around some more.

All I know is I dont trust authorities, so yes I wouldnt put it past them to have plans for things to get much worse, and will stand corrected if things return to how they were before.

It is so strange to have no travel, no planes in the sky, streets just about empty and people at home, complying.

And yes its difficult to talk about spending money on cars without the current state of the world coming up in discussion... will they allow us to return to normal? Where I am now we arent allowed to just go for a drive, its a 1600 dollar fine if we are out without one of the reasons they allow us to leave the house for.. and there are cops everywhere more than happy to enforce it all.

1365 = 1

Last Edit: 26 Apr 2020 06:50 by novum.

What do you think of this car? 26 Apr 2020 23:11 #13

• peacenik
  • Immortal
From where I am setting, it's looking like the globalist are imposing there Agenda 21 on the world without even firing a shot? Every aspect of this, "flu" and it's enforcement is a direct assault on our Constitution and Bill of Rights. It's as if it were planned that way?
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare, MrAnderson

What do you think of this car? 26 Apr 2020 23:21 #14

• novum
  • Platinum Member
peacenik wrote:
From where I am setting, it's looking like the globalist are imposing there Agenda 21 on the world without even firing a shot? Every aspect of this, "flu" and it's enforcement is a direct assault on our Constitution and Bill of Rights. It's as if it were planned that way?

Agree. You said it well in a couple of lines.

I think they got tired of attempting to achieve their goals using 'climate change' , because people didnt believe it, their al gores and their gretas. And the greta memes got pretty nasty too. :hahano:

So they thought up this virus scheme because they figured fear would work on people... and i must say, it does work much better to make people compliant than anything else ive ever seen.

The more people they can condition that the virus could kill them or their loved ones, the more of the following occurs everywhere in the world to punish those who question it....

1365 = 1

Last Edit: 26 Apr 2020 23:22 by novum.

What do you think of this car? 30 Apr 2020 20:08 #15

• peacenik
  • Immortal
This car, this seller, has turned out to be a scam. The "seller" won't call me or email me. The same car is for sale 30 miles away at a higher price ($60,000), using the same pictures).

All kinds of red flags accompany this seller.

I think the seller is trying to sell a replica or "kit" car as a genuine classic car?

If anything else turns up, I will let you know.
Last Edit: 30 Apr 2020 20:11 by peacenik.

What do you think of this car? 01 May 2020 06:06 #16

• novum
  • Platinum Member
What a bummer. Glad you picked up on it, thats the upside.

Perhaps it is a scammer just hoping someone sends them a deposit, then they will disappear. The scammers might not even have a car for sale at all, replica or otherwise.

Unfortunately its quite common for scammers to copy pics from legitimate car sales sites , then replicate the ad elsewhere with different contact details, in order to try get deposits sent to them.

1365 = 1

Last Edit: 01 May 2020 06:07 by novum.

What do you think of this car? 24 May 2020 21:15 #17

• peacenik
  • Immortal
I didn't buy that car I posted pictures of in the OP. I bought this one instead.It's a 71 Chevy pickup truck. It's got a 350 Chevy engine, 350 trans, headers, lowered, very fast in quarter mile stretch. Low profile tires, and Corvette wheels.

User(s) who Liked this post: Flare
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare