Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

 
PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 10 Free Lectures on Critical Thinking

10 Free Lectures on Critical Thinking 14 Aug 2020 21:42 #1

  • WM
  • WM's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Member
  • Posts: 12
  • Likes received: 1
Do most people today lack critical thinking skills? It seems that among the general population, not just in schools, society has been dumbed down, almost as if it were part of some agenda. We've become reactive instead of proactive. So what can we do to remedy the situation?

Here's some ideas

Start from the first module to learn critical thinking! - philosophy.hku.hk/think/

Check out the Center for Critical Thinking Community Online - a new interactive learning and social media platform! Free 30-Day Trial! - www.criticalthinking.org/



10 Free Lectures on Critical Thinking
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

10 Free Lectures on Critical Thinking 14 Aug 2020 22:07 #2

  • MrAnderson
  • MrAnderson's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • BOXING FOR PEACE
  • Posts: 4403
  • Likes received: 1654
WM wrote:
Do most people today lack critical thinking skills? It seems that among the general population, not just in schools, society has been dumbed down, almost as if it were part of some agenda. We've become reactive instead of proactive. So what can we do to remedy the situation?

Here's some ideas

Start from the first module to learn critical thinking! - philosophy.hku.hk/think/

Check out the Center for Critical Thinking Community Online - a new interactive learning and social media platform! Free 30-Day Trial! - www.criticalthinking.org/



10 Free Lectures on Critical Thinking

Critical Theory / Critical Thinking sounds very helpful however it is actually the foundation of introducing Marxism to the youth.

Max Horkheimer one of the leading Jews behind the Frankfurt School was a huge proponent of Critical Thinking / Critical Theory

His team designed it for one purpose only.

To induce a mass of people to criticize the west and its foundational institutions until they were devoid of influence.

The entire point is to criticize the west until it is entirely destroyed , chipping away at REASON and LOGIC until the meaning of such things is lost entirely in a sea of " self reflection "

You will get to the really juicy material right about when they introduce Critical Race Theory

Also when you are asked to.justify your moral perceptions.

They will reduce your morals to relativism

You will become a moral relativist , the greatest example being the modern past time.of excusing the barbarity with which some.cultures treat each other and outsiders because : they are from a different culture and to question their.morals is bigoted

Critical Thinking is a Trojan Horse
isaiah 47 : 10

10 You felt secure in your wickedness;
you said, “No one sees me”;
your wisdom and your knowledge led you astray,
and you said in your heart,
“I am, and there is no one besides me.”
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Steven, Flare

10 Free Lectures on Critical Thinking 14 Aug 2020 22:14 #3

  • MrAnderson
  • MrAnderson's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • BOXING FOR PEACE
  • Posts: 4403
  • Likes received: 1654
Critical Thinking is also how you end up listening to the likes of Sadiq Khan the Mayor of London say that a billboard with a fit and beautiful white woman in a bikini is " offensive " and yet the same pratt of a man has NOTHING to say critically about slicing the genitals of Muslim.girls so they cannot enjoy sex as adults

Its how you end up with morbidly obese women on billboards

Because moral relativism says that all body types are beautiful

This is clearly not the case but here we are thanks to Critical.Thinking and the induced moral relativism it gives birth to
isaiah 47 : 10

10 You felt secure in your wickedness;
you said, “No one sees me”;
your wisdom and your knowledge led you astray,
and you said in your heart,
“I am, and there is no one besides me.”
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Steven

10 Free Lectures on Critical Thinking 14 Aug 2020 22:19 #4

  • MrAnderson
  • MrAnderson's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • BOXING FOR PEACE
  • Posts: 4403
  • Likes received: 1654
The cherry on top of Critical Theory is however Critical Race Theory

That is the Critical Theory that ALL of the worlds problems stem from White people being in position of power

Lovely idea ey ?

Critical Thinking / Critical Theory gave birth to Intersectionality

Which is the Marxists last bastion of hope to subvert and destroy the white mans achievements

It all starts off so relaxed sounding " we are just having a philosophical discussion here "

And it results in radical feminism / the morbidly obese running health departments / homosexuals.being made.Ministers of Children

Somalian Refugees attempting to.dictate what " democracy " is to.people.of European descent

I could go on .....
isaiah 47 : 10

10 You felt secure in your wickedness;
you said, “No one sees me”;
your wisdom and your knowledge led you astray,
and you said in your heart,
“I am, and there is no one besides me.”
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Steven

10 Free Lectures on Critical Thinking 14 Aug 2020 22:26 #5

  • MrAnderson
  • MrAnderson's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • BOXING FOR PEACE
  • Posts: 4403
  • Likes received: 1654
Critical Thinking is how you end up with a picture of four African girls and the headline

" These girls are Irish "

No , they are not " Irish " at all but thanks to the Jewish led Critical Thinking / Critical Theory moral relativism here we are

Its how we ended up with a list of pronouns and Jewish led " hate speech " laws

I will bet you cannot find ONE University with a course on deconstructing Jewishness

But you can find a thousand that will teach you to " deconstruct whiteness "

I have a theory Ive been working on for some.time

Its called the Theory of the Rope and its a cliff hanger
isaiah 47 : 10

10 You felt secure in your wickedness;
you said, “No one sees me”;
your wisdom and your knowledge led you astray,
and you said in your heart,
“I am, and there is no one besides me.”
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Steven, EW

10 Free Lectures on Critical Thinking 14 Aug 2020 23:05 #6

  • Steven
  • Steven's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Member
  • Posts: 258
  • Likes received: 281
WM wrote:
We've become reactive instead of proactive. So what can we do to remedy the situation?

Here's some ideas

Start from the first module to learn critical thinking! - philosophy.hku.hk/think/

Who is "we"?

Manipulative texts always use the term "we". True selfthinkers speak and write for themselves and don't fall for traps / trojan horses.
Last Edit: 14 Aug 2020 23:14 by Steven. Reason: grammatical error
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: I AM ALL I AM, Gaia

10 Free Lectures on Critical Thinking 15 Aug 2020 00:28 #7

  • WM
  • WM's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Member
  • Posts: 12
  • Likes received: 1
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Critical thinking is the analysis of facts to form a judgment.[1] The subject is complex, and several different definitions exist, which generally include the rational, skeptical, unbiased analysis, or evaluation of factual evidence. Critical thinking is self-directed, self-disciplined, self-monitored, and self-corrective thinking.[2] It presupposes assent to rigorous standards of excellence and mindful command of their use.

Depending on where you're applying the skill, i.e; medicine, law, the sciences etc. there's more than one definition for critical thinking.
Our Conception of Critical Thinking...

There are many ways to articulate the concept of critical thinking, yet every substantive conception must contain certain core elements. Consider these brief conceptualizations of critical thinking...www.criticalthinking.org/pages/critical-thinking-where-to-begin/796

Years before the Frankfurt school and Marxism were even conceived ...
History

The earliest records of critical thinking are the teachings of Socrates recorded by Plato. These included a part in Plato's early dialogues, where Socrates engages with one or more interlocutors on the issue of ethics such as question whether it was right for Socrates to escape from prison.

Critical thinking teaches a person how to reason and think logically, whereas critical theory is a sociological theory. They're not the same discipline. If anything critical theorists draw on the principles and methods of critical thinking to support their arguments.
Critical theory is a social philosophy pertaining to the reflective assessment and critique of society and culture in order to reveal and challenge power structures. With origins in sociology, as well as in literary criticism, it argues that social problems are influenced and created more by societal structures and cultural assumptions than by individual and psychological factors.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

10 Free Lectures on Critical Thinking 15 Aug 2020 02:30 #8

  • MrAnderson
  • MrAnderson's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • BOXING FOR PEACE
  • Posts: 4403
  • Likes received: 1654
WM wrote:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Critical thinking is the analysis of facts to form a judgment.[1] The subject is complex, and several different definitions exist, which generally include the rational, skeptical, unbiased analysis, or evaluation of factual evidence. Critical thinking is self-directed, self-disciplined, self-monitored, and self-corrective thinking.[2] It presupposes assent to rigorous standards of excellence and mindful command of their use.

Depending on where you're applying the skill, i.e; medicine, law, the sciences etc. there's more than one definition for critical thinking.
Our Conception of Critical Thinking...

There are many ways to articulate the concept of critical thinking, yet every substantive conception must contain certain core elements. Consider these brief conceptualizations of critical thinking...www.criticalthinking.org/pages/critical-thinking-where-to-begin/796

Years before the Frankfurt school and Marxism were even conceived ...
History

The earliest records of critical thinking are the teachings of Socrates recorded by Plato. These included a part in Plato's early dialogues, where Socrates engages with one or more interlocutors on the issue of ethics such as question whether it was right for Socrates to escape from prison.

Critical thinking teaches a person how to reason and think logically, whereas critical theory is a sociological theory. They're not the same discipline. If anything critical theorists draw on the principles and methods of critical thinking to support their arguments.
Critical theory is a social philosophy pertaining to the reflective assessment and critique of society and culture in order to reveal and challenge power structures. With origins in sociology, as well as in literary criticism, it argues that social problems are influenced and created more by societal structures and cultural assumptions than by individual and psychological factors.

See the reference to Socrates escaping prison as the " earliest example " of critical thinking !

Yes let the prisoners go , another fine result of critical thinking
isaiah 47 : 10

10 You felt secure in your wickedness;
you said, “No one sees me”;
your wisdom and your knowledge led you astray,
and you said in your heart,
“I am, and there is no one besides me.”
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

10 Free Lectures on Critical Thinking 15 Aug 2020 03:05 #9

  • WM
  • WM's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Member
  • Posts: 12
  • Likes received: 1
exilium wrote:
It ll depends on what the theorist has been given to think about, as to the way they think, those without any practical theory simply cannot work out problems that others have created, they are blind from the neck upwards from the get go.

Why on earth would a free thinker want to take on any power structure, they simply create their own system, thus save lots of energy concentrating on their own designs.

This is what I call critical thinking.

Who is the free thinker and what is the power structure?
We don't achieve excellence in thinking with no end in view. We design for a reason. We fashion and create knowing what we are trying to fashion and create. We originate and produce with a sense of why we are doing so. Thinking that is random, that roams aimlessly through half-formed images, that meanders without an organizing goal, is neither creative nor critical. - The Nature and Functions of Critical and Creative Thinking by Dr. Richard Paul and Dr. Linda Elder
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

10 Free Lectures on Critical Thinking 15 Aug 2020 03:10 #10

  • WM
  • WM's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Member
  • Posts: 12
  • Likes received: 1
MrAnderson wrote:
[See the reference to Socrates escaping prison as the " earliest example " of critical thinking !

Yes let the prisoners go , another fine result of critical thinking

Should Socrates have escaped, why did he refuse?
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

10 Free Lectures on Critical Thinking 15 Aug 2020 04:06 #11

  • MrAnderson
  • MrAnderson's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • BOXING FOR PEACE
  • Posts: 4403
  • Likes received: 1654
Why has the World Economic Forum placed an emphasis on Critical Thinking / Theory as a means of guiding the minds of men through the 4th Industrial Revolution ?

I followed the link in the OP and read the above in an introduction to the course material.
isaiah 47 : 10

10 You felt secure in your wickedness;
you said, “No one sees me”;
your wisdom and your knowledge led you astray,
and you said in your heart,
“I am, and there is no one besides me.”
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

10 Free Lectures on Critical Thinking 15 Aug 2020 04:23 #12

  • WM
  • WM's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Member
  • Posts: 12
  • Likes received: 1
MrAnderson wrote:
Why has the World Economic Forum placed an emphasis on Critical Thinking / Theory as a means of guiding the minds of men through the 4th Industrial Revolution ?

I followed the link in the OP and read the above in an introduction to the course material.

Could you provide a link?
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

10 Free Lectures on Critical Thinking 15 Aug 2020 05:54 #13

  • MrAnderson
  • MrAnderson's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • BOXING FOR PEACE
  • Posts: 4403
  • Likes received: 1654
WM wrote:
MrAnderson wrote:
Why has the World Economic Forum placed an emphasis on Critical Thinking / Theory as a means of guiding the minds of men through the 4th Industrial Revolution ?

I followed the link in the OP and read the above in an introduction to the course material.

Could you provide a link?

Its the same one you provided but further in

philosophy.hku.hk/think/critical/ct.php
isaiah 47 : 10

10 You felt secure in your wickedness;
you said, “No one sees me”;
your wisdom and your knowledge led you astray,
and you said in your heart,
“I am, and there is no one besides me.”
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

10 Free Lectures on Critical Thinking 15 Aug 2020 06:07 #14

  • WM
  • WM's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Member
  • Posts: 12
  • Likes received: 1
§2. The future of critical thinking
In January 2016, the World Economic Forum issued a report "The Future of Jobs". It says:
The Fourth Industrial Revolution, which includes developments in previously disjointed fields such as artificial intelligence and machine-learning, robotics, nanotechnology, 3-D printing, and genetics and biotechnology, will cause widespread disruption not only to business models but also to labour markets over the next five years, with enormous change predicted in the skill sets needed to thrive in the new landscape.

The Future of Jobs 2016 pdf

Search results for 'critical theory' on the World Economic Forum site. I only skimmed through the first couple of pages, and wasn't able to find anything on critical theory. I don't know, maybe you'll have better luck.
What is meant by fourth industrial revolution?

The Fourth Industrial Revolution is a way of describing the blurring of boundaries between the physical, digital, and biological worlds. It's a fusion of advances in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, the Internet of Things (IoT), 3D printing, genetic engineering, quantum computing, and other technologies. Dec 20, 2018

For inquiries

World Economic Forum
91–93 route de la Capite
CH-1223 Cologny/Geneva
Switzerland
Tel.: +41 (0) 22 869 1212
Fax: +41 (0) 22 786 2744
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.weforum.org
Last Edit: 15 Aug 2020 06:21 by WM.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

10 Free Lectures on Critical Thinking 15 Aug 2020 09:01 #15

  • I AM ALL I AM
  • I AM ALL I AM's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • Posts: 2331
  • Likes received: 726
MrAnderson wrote:
WM wrote:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Critical thinking is the analysis of facts to form a judgment.[1] The subject is complex, and several different definitions exist, which generally include the rational, skeptical, unbiased analysis, or evaluation of factual evidence. Critical thinking is self-directed, self-disciplined, self-monitored, and self-corrective thinking.[2] It presupposes assent to rigorous standards of excellence and mindful command of their use.

Depending on where you're applying the skill, i.e; medicine, law, the sciences etc. there's more than one definition for critical thinking.
Our Conception of Critical Thinking...

There are many ways to articulate the concept of critical thinking, yet every substantive conception must contain certain core elements. Consider these brief conceptualizations of critical thinking...www.criticalthinking.org/pages/critical-thinking-where-to-begin/796

Years before the Frankfurt school and Marxism were even conceived ...
History

The earliest records of critical thinking are the teachings of Socrates recorded by Plato. These included a part in Plato's early dialogues, where Socrates engages with one or more interlocutors on the issue of ethics such as question whether it was right for Socrates to escape from prison.

Critical thinking teaches a person how to reason and think logically, whereas critical theory is a sociological theory. They're not the same discipline. If anything critical theorists draw on the principles and methods of critical thinking to support their arguments.
Critical theory is a social philosophy pertaining to the reflective assessment and critique of society and culture in order to reveal and challenge power structures. With origins in sociology, as well as in literary criticism, it argues that social problems are influenced and created more by societal structures and cultural assumptions than by individual and psychological factors.

See the reference to Socrates escaping prison as the " earliest example " of critical thinking !

Yes let the prisoners go , another fine result of critical thinking

"In the Crito, Socrates is in prison awaiting execution for impiety and corrupting the youth. His impiety was judged to be a matter of questioning and possibly disbelieving the traditional gods, and his corrupting the youth was a matter of his teaching them to do the same. "
www.stephenhicks.org/2016/09/14/socrates-should-he-have-escaped-prison/

G'day MrAnderson.

Are you stating that you believe Socrates should have been teaching the youth to believe in "the traditional gods" as those in authority wanted him to do, in other words bowing to state policy whether it is true or not?
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.

When paired opposites define your beliefs, your beliefs will imprison you.


Flare = Censor & Promoter of Bishop Williamson

truth-zone.net/forum/research-zone-forum-feedback-and-faq/73338-flare-censor-promoter-of-bishop-williamson.html#357334
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

10 Free Lectures on Critical Thinking 15 Aug 2020 21:40 #16

  • MrAnderson
  • MrAnderson's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • BOXING FOR PEACE
  • Posts: 4403
  • Likes received: 1654
I AM ALL I AM wrote:

"In the Crito, Socrates is in prison awaiting execution for impiety and corrupting the youth. His impiety was judged to be a matter of questioning and possibly disbelieving the traditional gods, and his corrupting the youth was a matter of his teaching them to do the same. "
www.stephenhicks.org/2016/09/14/socrates-should-he-have-escaped-prison/

G'day MrAnderson.

Are you stating that you believe Socrates should have been teaching the youth to believe in "the traditional gods" as those in authority wanted him to do, in other words bowing to state policy whether it is true or not?

I think Socrates chose death as a means of immortalizing himself.

He was clearly attempting to become a martyr , he knew he had given the state no choice but to silence him.

His death is still being discussed today. His lifes work still has an influence thousands of years later.

The manner in which a man faces death can change the course of history to a far greater degree than the manner in which he chooses to live.

Lets take Edward Snowden as an example.

There is a man in a similar position to.Socrates. He has reasoned his way into a position where he finds himself at odds with the state and feels.compelled to share his findings.

Snowden chose to flee when at the height of his opposition to the State and will subsequently fade into obscurity and become a footnote

Had he chosen to face the state and been tried and executed , his death would have etched his name into stone for eternity

This is what Socrates knew , it was not a question of was the states decision to execute him just because the state rarely has a just reason for executing its own

It was a question IMO of how to ensure we would still be discussing Socrates today

Feel free to disagree with me on the Snowden analogy or anything else Ive said

But consider that had Snowden chosen trial and execution , his lifes work would be of more value to those who wish to challenge the state

And there will all ways be such people because no state can remove the spark of the creator from man , not even through execution
isaiah 47 : 10

10 You felt secure in your wickedness;
you said, “No one sees me”;
your wisdom and your knowledge led you astray,
and you said in your heart,
“I am, and there is no one besides me.”
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

10 Free Lectures on Critical Thinking 15 Aug 2020 23:04 #17

  • Lux Interior
  • Lux Interior's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • Do you know de way?
  • Posts: 4159
  • Likes received: 1277
Cobblers, his death, or 'martyrdom' if you like would have been airbrushed away and lost among the 5 minute attention span of dumb, young fuckwits whose only knowledge comes from social media and 2 bob University tutors. Not real world, real time experience.
Good, I'm happy to know you young twats are going to reap what you sow.
Suck it up buttercup. You lose. Forever.
liberabo te ab inferno

875 020 079

He cried in a whisper at some image, at some vision—he cried out twice, a cry that was no more than a breath: "'The horror!
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

10 Free Lectures on Critical Thinking 16 Aug 2020 00:58 #18

  • MrAnderson
  • MrAnderson's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Silver Member
  • BOXING FOR PEACE
  • Posts: 4403
  • Likes received: 1654
Lux Interior wrote:
Cobblers, his death, or 'martyrdom' if you like would have been airbrushed away and lost among the 5 minute attention span of dumb, young fuckwits whose only knowledge comes from social media and 2 bob University tutors. Not real world, real time experience.
Good, I'm happy to know you young twats are going to reap what you sow.
Suck it up buttercup. You lose. Forever.

Good job nobody asked for a morale boost ey
isaiah 47 : 10

10 You felt secure in your wickedness;
you said, “No one sees me”;
your wisdom and your knowledge led you astray,
and you said in your heart,
“I am, and there is no one besides me.”
Last Edit: 16 Aug 2020 00:58 by MrAnderson.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Related topics

Topic subjectRelevanceDate of latest post
The art of critical thinking13.68Sunday, 30 September 2018
Critical Thinking13.68Monday, 29 February 2016
Cultural Marxism and Critical THINKING13.38Friday, 01 April 2016
Critical Race Theory6.94Monday, 07 September 2020
Critical Book ends in police raid6.79Tuesday, 11 June 2013
Entitlement Thinking or stinking6.59Thursday, 14 January 2016
Who Destroyed Christian thinking?6.59Thursday, 07 April 2016
Personally I do see a critical mass of people changing their mind about Adolf Hitler.6.57Friday, 11 September 2020
The Nature Of The Jewish Mode Of Thinking6.52Sunday, 24 December 2017
Police departments are thinking about using drones armed with stun guns6.31Saturday, 08 September 2018
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare
Powered by Kunena Forum

Annual Server Target

Whether its 50 cents or five dollars, your donations are appreciated and help keep this community site running so we can all continue to enjoy using it. Secure transactions via paypal.
This target is to meet our server cost for one year, June 2020 - May 2021, in USD.
$ 340 - Target
( £ 255 GBP )
donation thermometer
donation thermometer
$ 70 - Raised
( £ 53 GBP )
donation thermometer
21%
Most Recent Donation $50 USD
28th August 2020

No one is obliged to donate, please only donate what you can afford. Even the smallest amount helps. Being an active member is a positive contribution. Thank You.