Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking by motorists

Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking by motorists 27 Dec 2012 20:38 #1

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20851775
More than 3,000 screens have been bought by the Highways Agency to stop drivers in England rubbernecking when passing motorway accidents.

The partitions will be put up to deter drivers who slow down to look at crashes on the opposite carriageway and therefore slow down the traffic behind.

They form part of a Department for Transport initiative to improve accident clear-up times.

The government said the screens would "keep the motorways flowing".

The DfT's CLEAR - collision, lead, evaluate, act and reopen - initiative was launched last year to help ensure motorways and roads reopen quickly following major accidents.

As part of this scheme, 105 sets of incident screens will be made available for use by the Highways Agency next year.

'Great advantage'
Each set has 30 screens which are loaded onto purpose-built trailers and can screen up to 75m if used end-to-end. The individual screens are approximately 2.1m by 2m high.

The total cost of the purchase was £2.3m, with each set costing £22,000.

Roads minister Stephen Hammond said: "This will be another great advantage to hopefully clearing up collisions but also getting the roads moving rather more quickly afterwards.

:roll:
The pen is mightier than the sword
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking by motorists 27 Dec 2012 20:44 #2

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Gee the people who make them screens sure are lucky!

;)
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352

Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking by motorists 27 Dec 2012 21:06 #3

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Funnily enough, the BBC article doesn't mention just who the lucky screenmakers are...strange that eh... :roll:

Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking by motorists 27 Dec 2012 21:14 #4

• novum
  • Platinum Member
diamondgeezer wrote:
Funnily enough, the BBC article doesn't mention just who the lucky screenmakers are...strange that eh... :roll:

Theres nothing like government to give taxpayers money to private persons. :hahano:
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352

Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking by motorists 27 Dec 2012 21:29 #5

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
novum wrote:
diamondgeezer wrote:

Theres nothing like government to give taxpayers money to private persons. :hahano:

Yep.

I don't want to see no government (I'm not an anarchist)...just want to have the mofo's properly answerable.

''No taxation without representation''... :cool:

Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking by motorists 28 Dec 2012 06:25 #6

• Coco
  • Fresh Member
diamondgeezer wrote:
novum wrote:
diamondgeezer wrote:

Yep.

I don't want to see no government (I'm not an anarchist)...just want to have the mofo's properly answerable.

''No taxation without representation''. .. :cool:

With all due respect: Isn't the bolded my line? :usa:

Obviously, I know nothing of British domestic policy. Forgive my ignorance. (not sarcastic)

In America, the average person knows little to nothing of other countries' domestic policies; That DEFINITELY includes me.

(Not trying to start any international incidents and certainly not any international situations.)

Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking by motorists 28 Dec 2012 06:42 #7

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Coco wrote:
diamondgeezer wrote:
novum wrote:
diamondgeezer wrote:

Yep.

Obviously, I know nothing of British domestic policy. Forgive my ignorance. (not sarcastic)

In America, the average person knows little to nothing of other countries' domestic policies; That DEFINITELY includes me.

(Not trying to start any international incidents and certainly not any international situations.)

It is written into the american constitution I believe :hahano:

Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking by motorists 28 Dec 2012 07:16 #8

• Coco
  • Fresh Member
diamondgeezer wrote:
Coco wrote:
diamondgeezer wrote:
novum wrote:
diamondgeezer wrote:

Yep.

It is written into the american constitution I believe :hahano:

Um, yes. You have successfully confused me, sir.

Most states have both state and federal income tax which rubs me the wrong way, especially when those states cry they are broke. No pity! Sorry chumly, (not you, Frank) can't figure out how to run a state? Have a food tax AND a prepared food tax? Tax all home items based upon your own depreciation schedule? And autos and vessels EVERY year? And sales tax? And property tax? And that's just the start!

And the schools are in despair? And the roads and bridges and sewage? And old folks? And Etc??

My dear Frank, I don't think it matters where you live. It may be better or worse here or there, but the men in charge are cut of the same cloth.

Motorway screens bid to stop rubbernecking by motorists 29 Dec 2012 11:31 #9

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
I love it when you call me Frank.... :D
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare