Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: If YOU were running the country....

If YOU were running the country.... 05 Oct 2013 19:26 #1

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
What would you do to make things better? :)

I'm talking about an imaginary scenario where you have complete control/power in your particular country....you are basically a dictator (if you want to be).

You have the power to take your country completely out of/away from the New World Order and stand alone etc if that's what you think best for your people.

So, what would you do with this complete power/control you have? Would you even want it? Could you actually handle it? ;)
The pen is mightier than the sword
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

If YOU were running the country.... 05 Oct 2013 19:42 #2

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Immediately Nationalise all utility companies, railways, roads, hospitals and health systems, etc., again to bring them and the financial benefits back to the people. Doctors and surgeons using the NHS to train before going off into Private only practice will be required to repay the cost of their training from the NHS.

Tax rules to be reworked so that the rich/high earners to not have the advantage of being able to claim tax relief on buying their own breakfasts or driving themselves to work, etc., any more than other workers have. Plus, ALL taxation rules to be enforced - no one allowed off with paying taxes, no matter what their status or reason. Defaults etc (as with Joe Ordinary, whoever the hell he is) dealt with by removal of properties to cover the amount owned.

And loads of things to make it fair on the people born here to have true equality of education, housing, opportunities and even benefits if they need it. Just loads of things.

Oh, and first and foremost - sack the entire royal scroungers and everyone linked to them, removing any properties and monies that rightly belong to "the Nation", including all their horses (which, I admit I might keep for myself). Stuff like that.
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, jonb

If YOU were running the country.... 05 Oct 2013 19:54 #3

• Chuck Random
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I'd resign.
No War But The Class War
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, cantata, jonb

If YOU were running the country.... 05 Oct 2013 19:56 #4

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Me,

Well out of the EU as from yesterday, obviously :D

Minimum wage, £20 per hr. And any 'business' that whines and bleats that they can't afford that can go f.ck themselves.

An end to corporate control, directors of big business awarding themselves massive 'bonuses'.

The banks will be owned by the people, not the other way round. In fact, this is the most important and urgent change that would be made under my firm but benign rod. ;)

If YOU were running the country.... 05 Oct 2013 20:00 #5

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I can't think of much worse than running the country. But, if I had to do that shit, well one of the first things I might do is build stuff again, I mean get industry back in Britain. Cars. Stereos. That kind of thing.
Maybe legalise drugs and prostitution, see how that goes :chuckle:

Most of the problems we face as a nation, and other nations face can be solved, but what bunch of bastards wants a world without problems?

I'd ban war as well. Invading a country with tanks and bombs and shit? Ffs, get a grip and chill the fuck out! :chuckle:

If YOU were running the country.... 05 Oct 2013 20:03 #6

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I'd bring matrons back to hospitals as well.
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb

If YOU were running the country.... 05 Oct 2013 21:03 #7

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony

If YOU were running the country.... 05 Oct 2013 21:10 #8

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Wanna throw up just not your breakfast but every meal you've eaten this week? Then watch this ffs.... :roll:

User(s) who Liked this post: pheony

If YOU were running the country.... 06 Oct 2013 00:14 #9

• Jadoo
  • Fresh Member
  • That's me in my avatar.............
Legalize Mary-jane, and make hemp our biggest product.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, diamondgeezer, irrepressible, pheony

If YOU were running the country.... 06 Oct 2013 00:23 #10

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Jadoo wrote:

What is Mary-Jane?

I accidentally thanked you....I have no idea what the above is. :P

If YOU were running the country.... 06 Oct 2013 00:25 #11

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
:spliff:

If YOU were running the country.... 06 Oct 2013 00:34 #12

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Jadoo wrote:

I hate to rain on your parade..... but..... No. :nono:
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier

If YOU were running the country.... 06 Oct 2013 00:52 #13

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Jadoo wrote:

I know you have visited Birchwood on your recent travels....its an interesting place.. :roll:

BUT...Did you masturbate into knicker draws....this is what we all want to hear. ;)

If YOU were running the country.... 06 Oct 2013 00:58 #14

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
:pop:

If YOU were running the country.... 06 Oct 2013 01:01 #15

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
diamondgeezer wrote:
Jadoo wrote:

I know you have visited Birchwood on your recent travels....its an interesting place.. :roll:

BUT...Did you masturbate into knicker draws....this is what we all want to hear. ;)

:chuckle:

If YOU were running the country.... 06 Oct 2013 03:17 #16

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
  • Government is simply a conspiracy against a nation!
Educate people in the non aggression principle and their rights and responsibilities towards others and their environment cast that in stone and then let them get on with it. Oh an anyone discovered occulting information/knowledge (knowledge is free and belongs to everyone always) for any reason would be cast a drift in a rather leaky boat in the middle of the Indian ocean or the north Atlantic which ever is the handiest at the time. If they make it to shore they will have had time to contemplate and realise the value of those around them and their environment and if they don't make it tough shit.

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James
Last Edit: 06 Oct 2013 03:19 by Frog.

If YOU were running the country.... 06 Oct 2013 04:50 #17

• i-baster
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Well obviously I think about this a lot but I never really write it all down. Firstly I would designate an area for all the haters(right wing folks mainly) to live. Maybe they can have Florida( I think a lot of them are there anyway). Next I would start rebuilding the infrastructure. I would close down the power plants and open some solar and wind farms. I would put the army to work on rebuilding the poor areas and revamping depressing city layouts etc.

There would be taxes for those who have more pie than others and I would set up rules against monopolies.

I would make unions the priority encouraging workers to bargain collectively and pressure employers to work with them. I would pull troops out of other countries as much as possible and safely. I would work on international relations and figure out ways to encourage domestic production with high taxes for companies importing cheap slave labor goods.

Lots more but we are still planning it all out.

If YOU were running the country.... 06 Oct 2013 14:34 #18

• jonb
Firstly I am in charge, at lest as in charge as any individual can be under any system. The problem to me is that so many do not wish to be responsible for themselves but prefer to defer to others.
Having said that some systems are far worse than others and to correct the inherent problems that most systems have, I would make a suggestion. That nobody should be allowed to have a single occupation for more than three days a week, and if they have what is seen by others as a good occupation then they should have a balancing occupation for the other two which is taken as being odorous to achieve a balance.
My reasoning behind this is the human propensity to think of ourselves as normal, we all think of ourselves as about average, because we set where we are by those around us and presume everybody else to be more of less on par with our acquaintances. Then we also see behaviour which does not conform to the average behaviour of our acquaintances as being aberrant, as being other, and make a presumption those groups exhibiting that behaviour as not being like us and therefore often those people as being lesser lifeforms.
Thus a member of the upper-classes sees a poor person living in squalor, and knowing they would personally not accept living in that condition presume the poor person to be a lesser being, by not realising how much the financial, and social factors effect the poor person adversely.
Thus if you wish to be president, or pop singer, you should have a balancing job like removing body parts after traffic accidents, or dealing with people's waste matter who have become incontinent.
This could well do a lot towards breaking down barriers within society where it seems a hierarchy might be a natural form of existence.

If YOU were running the country.... 06 Oct 2013 15:36 #19

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
jonb wrote:
Firstly I am in charge

Nope, I'm in charge, sorry about that. Its MY country.

You can be my secretary or something though if you like. Can you take dictation?
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb

If YOU were running the country.... 06 Oct 2013 16:08 #20

• jonb
In that case my only duty would be to undermine your government, No change of job for me then just a different figurehead.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer
  • Page:
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare