Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Armed FBI raids Amish dairy farm.

Armed FBI raids Amish dairy farm. 06 Apr 2014 16:43 #1

• jonb
A yearlong sting operation, including aliases, a 5 a.m. surprise inspection and surreptitious purchases from an Amish farm in Pennsylvania, culminated in the federal government announcing this week that it has gone to court to stop Rainbow Acres Farm from selling its contraband to willing customers in the Washington area.
The product in question: unpasteurized milk.
It’s a battle that’s been going on behind the scenes for years, with natural foods advocates arguing that raw milk, as it’s also known, is healthier than the pasteurized product, while the Food and Drug Administration says raw milk can carry harmful bacteria such as salmonella, E. coli and listeria.
“It is the FDA’s position that raw milk should never be consumed,” said Tamara N. Ward, spokeswoman for the FDA, whose investigators have been looking into Rainbow Acres for months, and who finally last week filed a 10-page complaint in federal court in Pennsylvania seeking an order to stop the farm from shipping across state lines any more raw milk or dairy products made from it.
The farm’s owner, Dan Allgyer, didn’t respond to a message seeking comment, but his customers in the District of Columbia and Maryland were furious at what they said was government overreach.
“I look at this as the FDA is in cahoots with the large milk producers,” said Karin Edgett, a D.C. resident who buys directly from Rainbow Acres. “I don’t want the FDA and my tax dollars to go to shut down a farm that hasn’t had any complaints against it. They’re producing good food, and the consumers are extremely happy with it.”

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/apr/28/feds-sting-amish-farmer-selling-raw-milk-locally/#ixzz2y7XEMTm5
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Washington Times

To learn a little bit more about raw milk the radio 4 food programme.
page to get download

Did you notice in the programme how the health benefits of raw milk may work ,that exposure to bacteria far from being bad for you, in most cases just stimulates your immune system.
People with weak immune systems.are easy to control.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata, Worzel, OldGuy43

Armed FBI raids Amish dairy farm. 06 Apr 2014 16:48 #2

• Jagged Hope
  • Fresh Member
Just invert "consumer protection" and you have the role of the FDA in a nutshell.
They achieve this by suppressing anything that may be good for consumers and promoting products produced by Big Ag and Big Pharma.
User(s) who Liked this post: jonb

Armed FBI raids Amish dairy farm. 06 Apr 2014 17:16 #3

• TheCatsMeow
  • Fresh Member
I really don't understand what their problem is with "willing customers" who, after all are just making a valid, lawful choice about what they want to consume. The pettiness of what they've done in this case is ridiculous! I'm hoping these raw milk vending machines will be installed in most places before too long.

FSA drops charges against Selfridges over raw milk vending machine
www.thegrocer.co.uk/fmcg/fsa-drops-charges-against-selfridges-over-raw-milk-vending-machine/238037.article

The Food Standards Agency has dropped plans to prosecute Selfridges for selling raw milk from a vending machine at its London store.

Armed FBI raids Amish dairy farm. 06 Apr 2014 18:02 #4

• cantata
  • Silver Member
"A year long operation".... over milk? :conf: Have these Husks little else to do with their lives?
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier

Armed FBI raids Amish dairy farm. 06 Apr 2014 21:53 #5

• jonb
MystiCat wrote:
I really don't understand what their problem is with "willing customers" who, after all are just making a valid, lawful choice about what they want to consume.

The biology of dependency.

The human animal is adapted to its environment, it has an immune system that is built to recognize, the bacteria of its environment and then systems to protect itself from them. Different places have different ecosystems with different strains of bacteria. It takes time for a person moving from one environment to another to adapt to the ecosystem of the new environment. This is why people on holiday will often get stomach upsets, because they are not adapted to the local foods, or rather the bacteria etc that is on the local food.

Now you could take the view the best thing to do is to live in a bacteria free environment. However our bodies are not built for that and living in an environment without bacteria our immune systems will then be triggered by lots of things that are no threat to us at all. This is why people in the 'west' living in 'clean' homes show an increasing problem with allergies, where the body reacts to harmless substances.
Secondly we think of the body as one living organism but it is not, we are dependent on colonies of microbes living within us.

Humans Have Ten Times More Bacteria Than Human Cells.

These microbes are essential to us to maintain life. For one thing your body cannot consume food without the enzymes produced by this bacteria to break it down. This is why you have an appendix so that when the stomach occasionally flushes itself out the small pocket which the appendix is, retains some microbes that can then re-inhabit the stomach to breakdown food so that we can eat again. This is not the full story though, we also get some microbes coming in with our food. Useful microbes that for instance help us metabolise food are retained, and harmful forms are identified by our immune and destroyed.

To be healthy our bodies need an environment where bacteria is present. We need some bacteria on our food to get the enzymes to digest it, but not so many that our immune systems are overwhelmed which is why we instinctively do not like rotting food unless we can identify it as being good for us. Thus most of us will eat cheese, but turn our noses up a the rotting fish which many Scandinavians have learnt is a good food and they have just the right enzymes to digest it..

Can you see why this would be a problem for globalisation?
Last Edit: 06 Apr 2014 22:00 by jonb.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata, .........., Worzel, vambo

Armed FBI raids Amish dairy farm. 06 Apr 2014 22:32 #6

• TheCatsMeow
  • Fresh Member
Yes, jonb, I can now. Before raw milk was taken off the market I used to drink large quatities of it. I loved it. Why do they have to fix what ain't broken? :(

Armed FBI raids Amish dairy farm. 06 Apr 2014 22:48 #7

• jonb
Because it does you good and it is local food, not internationally traded food which can be harmful unless it has all its bacteria removed, and then they can sell you Yakult et al. which will be the only place you could get your enzymes, and thus they have total control over you to the point of being capable of controlling what you can digest. Locally produced healthy food runs against everything they maybe trying to build, and shows up the lie.
Last Edit: 06 Apr 2014 22:49 by jonb.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, vambo

Armed FBI raids Amish dairy farm. 07 Apr 2014 02:40 #8

• Straight Shooter
Jonb i found your post in this thread to be informative and something to think about.

Armed FBI raids Amish dairy farm. 07 Apr 2014 12:53 #9

• jonb
(I wish Paul Total as posting he knows so much of this stuff.)
I should also mention factory farming. which could not happen without the use of loads of antibiotics, not only is it the most cruel way of farming, but also antibiotics kill the natural ecology of your digestive system and you cant help ingesting them when eating factory food.

Armed FBI raids Amish dairy farm. 07 Apr 2014 14:46 #10

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Yes i think problems with raw milk come about when its contaminated with animal faeces... but that isnt something that happens if done right of course.

Whatever did people do before pasteurization ey :think: ... my relatives/ancestors (RIP to them) drank raw milk everyday and were long lived.

There are farms selling raw milk around here (australia) , and while its not illegal as such from the farm gate, there have been articles in Ruperts rags attempting to scare and discourage people.

It is however illegal to sell it in store as far as i know, i recall someone posting on DIF about a store in Sydney being fined 250K for selling raw milk and ignoring warnings, i dont think it was that long ago.
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352

Armed FBI raids Amish dairy farm. 07 Apr 2014 15:06 #11

• jonb
Raw milk can have bacteria that is bad for your health in it, but a normal healthy body actually needs this because it is adapted to being in an environment where there is bacteria that can harm it. The studies on children who live on farms and regularly drink raw milk are statistically healthier, this could well be because their immune system is stimulated properly.
Please listen if you can to the the radio programme I put up in the first post, it is so worth it.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum

Armed FBI raids Amish dairy farm. 07 Apr 2014 15:30 #12

• novum
  • Platinum Member
jonb wrote:
Raw milk can have bacteria that is bad for your health in it, but a normal healthy body actually needs this because it is adapted to being in an environment where there is bacteria that can harm it.

I agree with this, yes.
1365 = 1

Armed FBI raids Amish dairy farm. 15 Apr 2014 03:46 #13

• OldGuy43
  • Fresh Member
Does make one wonder; When are they gonna outlaw a mother nursing her child? After all, that milk ain't pasteurized, is it?
Getting "the last word" is not the same thing as winning the argument. It may just mean that the other fellow has decided that your ignorance is to entrenched for you to learn.

Armed FBI raids Amish dairy farm. 15 Apr 2014 03:56 #14

• novum
  • Platinum Member
They do what they can justify/get away with to the public.

Meddling with breastfeeding... well im not sure they can ever sell that one.
1365 = 1

Last Edit: 15 Apr 2014 03:57 by novum.

Armed FBI raids Amish dairy farm. 15 Apr 2014 11:19 #15

• OldGuy43
  • Fresh Member
novum wrote:
Meddling with breastfeeding... well im not sure they can ever sell that one.

Really? How old are you? Do you remember the days before the Common Market? How about NAFTA? Than there's the anti-smoking laws/taxes. Who would have thought that was likely? How about someone who advocates making those who entered a country illegally citizens and being elected to the highest office in that country twice? The Panama Canal operated by the Chinese. People living on the dole having a right to feel good about it? This list of never happen goes on and on, but I'll quit there.
Getting "the last word" is not the same thing as winning the argument. It may just mean that the other fellow has decided that your ignorance is to entrenched for you to learn.
Last Edit: 15 Apr 2014 11:27 by OldGuy43.

Armed FBI raids Amish dairy farm. 15 Apr 2014 11:53 #16

• novum
  • Platinum Member
I get your points, you make some valid points there, and i know how far they have gone with many many things, but i still think that stopping breastfeeding is a line they dont dare cross. :hahano:
1365 = 1

Last Edit: 15 Apr 2014 11:55 by novum.

Armed FBI raids Amish dairy farm. 15 Apr 2014 12:31 #17

• OldGuy43
  • Fresh Member
But than who would have thought that there would be laws regulating when and under what circumstances a doctor could terminate a pregnancy?

www.nhs.uk/conditions/Abortion/Pages/Introduction.aspx

FYI: I don't feel I have the right to decide anything on this subject. Being male I'll quite probably never need one. :killinme:
User(s) who Liked this post: novum

Armed FBI raids Amish dairy farm. 15 Apr 2014 15:18 #18

• cantata
  • Silver Member
novum wrote:
... i still think that stopping breastfeeding is a line they dont dare cross. :hahano:

Wrong!

When I was born (in Britain, in 1956) the big push was for feeding with the bottle. The diet of most people was considered inadequate (due to lack of money to buy good or varied foodstuffs, or to afford to cook) and the medical thinking was that breastmilk might be lacking in essential vitamins and minerals - which would be guaranteed by feeding bottle-milk. Hence many women, like my mother, never fed their children from the breast AT ALL. The bottle was pushed on them.

When the medics speak, they force everyone to agree with them.
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier

Armed FBI raids Amish dairy farm. 15 Apr 2014 15:30 #19

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Well I think things are different now ok, and it still wasnt enforced with fines and raids was it now.

We shall see.

New mothers dont tend to care about the implications of NAFTA etc etc , but i believe (imho) there are certain lines tptb are afraid to cross incase they push to hard and look too much like what they are.

I just think this is one of them (banning breastfeeding because the breast milk isnt nuked)
1365 = 1

Armed FBI raids Amish dairy farm. 15 Apr 2014 15:44 #20

• novum
  • Platinum Member
cantata wrote:
When the medics speak, they force everyone to agree with them.

I know what youre saying, but it doesnt always work these days...

Vaccine myths unraveling: 600 percent increase in number of parents refusing vaccinations for their children (Australia)
1365 = 1

User(s) who Liked this post: cantata