Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Holocaust Memorials Worldwide

Holocaust Memorial Berlin 26 May 2014 15:56 #21

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

This information

can be found in the Gertrud-Kolmar-Straße.
The Führerbunker was built beneath the New Reich Chancellery.

On gogol-mogol maps sattelite you can see the megalomaniac monument very close to that place.
The red sign does not show the exact place, only the street.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_Memorial_Berlin
berliner-unterwelten.de/fuehrer-bunker.328.1.html
www.stiftung-denkmal.de/en/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%BChrerbunker
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 26 May 2014 22:25 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Holocaust Memorial Berlin 26 May 2014 18:26 #22

Orangeaid wrote:
You really have lost the plot. Though to be a paid hasbara protagonist .... you would have never had one in the first place. :hahano:

I've lost the plot?

It's you who can't make your mind up & about what happened & for some reason thinks that Jews run the world & nazis are the solution !
That's pretty mentally ill.

Orangeaid wrote:
you are asserting that the NSDAP instigated ethnic cleansing. Well yes they did, to remove the scourge of Judaism from Europe

:D :D :D
Coz he's a dedicated swallower of fascism

Holocaust Memorial Berlin 26 May 2014 19:44 #23

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
I always wanted to know whether they built it on top of the Führerbunker
to seal the still existing energies :cool2: as we all know how much they love their talmudic hocus-pocus
and I am pretty sure this place was BY NO MEANS chosen by coincidence.
This is why I did my own research today, yet I don't know what exactly was there before.
Maybe someone here can help?

25 in the above picture is Voßstraße (Voss Street)The New Reich's Chancellery was situated at 2-19 Voßstraße (old numbers) 4-6 (new numbers), South of 21 Leipziger Platz (Leipziger Plaza) on gogol maps.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Karte-reichskanzlei.jpg

GREAT picture thread! Even with latest development in Voßstraße!

forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=126282

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 26 May 2014 21:26 by PFIZIPFEI.

Holocaust Memorial Berlin 26 May 2014 23:10 #24

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
Pfiz I think that is the site of the former NSDAP HQ.

I bet residents at the Hotel Adlon aren't happy they can look at that abomination to propaganda from their €500 a night room! The hotel is diagonally opposite.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

Holocaust Memorial Berlin 26 May 2014 23:42 #25

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
Then - Fuehrer bunker in red

And now

Last Edit: 26 May 2014 23:42 by Orangeaid.

Holocaust Memorial Berlin 29 May 2014 13:36 #26

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
Why was the monument to grey Lego blocks and vicious propaganda built? This is from an official stroy site.
In May 2005, on the 60th anniversary of the fall of the Nazi regime and the end of World War II, the city of Berlin dedicated their Holocaust Memorial, designed to commemorate the murder of six million Jews at the hands of Hitler and his forces.
Holocaust Memorial, Berlin The Design

The idea for a Holocaust Memorial was first proposed in 1988 but the design for the monument wasn't approved until 1999. At that time, U.S. architect Peter Eisenman's controversial design was chosen as a fitting tribute to the Jews that died before and during World War II as part of Hitler's plan to exterminate them.

Eisenman's design is quite unique and has drawn both praise and criticism. Occupying about 205,000 square feet (19,000 square meters) of space near the Brandenburg Gate and just a short distance from where the ruins of Hitler's bunker is buried, the Berlin Holocaust Memorial Holocaust Memorial, Berlinis made up of 2,711 gray stone slabs that bear no markings, such as names or dates.

The slabs undulate in a wave-like pattern. Each is a five-sided monolith, individually unique in shape and size. Some are only ankle high while others tower over visitors. The paths that are shaped between the slabs undulate as well. Eisenman hoped to create a feeling of groundlessness and instability; a sense of disorientation. Most will agree that he succeeded.

Visitors may walk through the memorial in any direction as there is no set pattern to the stones. The architect has said that he hopes it will merely become a natural part of the city, blending in with its background; used for shortcuts on the way home from work or a place of peace and quiet on a Holocaust Memorial, Berlinchaotic day.

... and the Zionist Jew who designed it.

Last Edit: 29 May 2014 13:40 by Orangeaid.

Holocaust Memorial Berlin 29 May 2014 20:24 #27

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
And guess who paid the 27 million Euro and who is still paying for the rotting away cement blocks!

More pictures www.rbb-online.de/politik/beitrag/2014/05/holocaust-mahnmal-risse-stelen-sanierung.html
and info en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_to_the_Murdered_Jews_of_Europe

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 29 May 2014 20:41 by PFIZIPFEI.

Holocaust Memorial Berlin 17 Aug 2014 22:49 #28

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
The Daily Fail is asking (rhethorically of course ;) ):

Are these the most tasteless selfies yet?
Tourists post pictures of themselves skipping and doing HANDSTANDS around Berlin's Holocaust Memorial

:dunno: www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2727269/Are-tasteless-selfies-Tourists-post-pictures-skipping-doing-HANDSTANDS-Berlins-Holocaust-Memorial.html

Alain Soral thinks the Daily Fail is utter $%&§*'# !

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
User(s) who Liked this post: Orangeaid

Holocaust Memorials Worldwide 16 Feb 2015 13:25 #29

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

Why Britain Needs a New Holocaust Memorial

By Liam Hoare

Britain needs a new Holocaust memorial. This is the principal conclusion of Prime Minister David Cameron’s Holocaust Commission. Publishing its findings on International Holocaust Memorial Day, it concluded that a new monument would “serve as the focal point of national commemoration of the Holocaust” and “make a bold statement about the importance Britain places on preserving the memory of the Holocaust.” It should be “co-located with a world-class Learning Centre,” one that would become a hub for Holocaust education nationally.

In London, there are already two Holocaust memorials. The first was opened in Hyde Park in 1983, and consists of two large boulders lying in a gravel bed, inscribed, “For these I weep. Streams of tears flow from my eyes because of the destruction of my people.” It is so discreet and non-descript that few know of its existence — I did not know of it until I read the Holocaust Commission report. The other, located at Liverpool Street Station, relates to the Kindertransport and was unveiled in 2006.

The Holocaust Commission concluded that neither of these are satisfactory. The Hyde Park memorial in particular was deemed uninformative, unrepresentative and isolated. A new memorial should be “striking” and “prominent,” as well as respectful, interactive, and educational. It should also encompass the Holocaust in full, noting the essential Jewish centrality of the catastrophe while not forgetting the suffering of other minorities under the Nazi regime.

The Commission was particularly taken by the New England Holocaust Memorial in Boston — six glass towers that visitors have the ability to walk through and interact with. “This design was rich in information, fitted well into the surrounding area and successfully managed to balance reflecting on the victims of other Nazi persecution without undermining the centrality of the Holocaust.”

If the government is serious about making a “bold statement” about the importance of Holocaust remembrance, the main problem will be finding the appropriate space and location in a city that is already quite compact. One of the reasons Berlin’s Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe is so affecting is its placement, spread out over a whole city block, near to institutions of power and grandeur: the Reichstag, the Brandenburg Gate, and the American embassy.

Aside from the Imperial War Museum (IWM), two central London locations on the Thames have been suggested by the Holocaust Commission: one at the Millbank complex, between MI5 and Tate Britain; the other at Potters Fields, next to City Hall and Tower Bridge, across from the Tower of London. While neither are ideal, and even considering the enthusiasm of Millbank’s owners to have the memorial there, the monument would have greater prominence at Potters Fields, if it can be aesthetically incorporated into ongoing developments in that area.

As for the learning center, to justify its existence it would have to do two things. First and foremost, if the main purpose of any memorial is keeping the memory of the event alive for future generations, it should be tasked with completing the work of preserving audio-visually the testimonies of British survivors of the Holocaust. Not only are British Holocaust survivors a neglected area of historical study, but first-person testimonies remain the most effective way of transmitting the story of the Holocaust to those that have not heard it.

Second, while the monument itself should be universal, the learning center should be more parochial, examining Britain’s role in the Holocaust in much the same way that museums in Paris, Copenhagen and Skopje look at their own national experiences. After all, London already has a world-class Holocaust exhibition, located at the IWM. While much smaller in scale than Yad Vashem, the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, or the Topography of Terror in Berlin, it conveys the process of systematic ostracization, persecution and extermination just as comprehensively and effectively.

Looking beyond the Kindertransport or the liberation of Bergen-Belsen, which British Holocaust narratives tend to fall back on, any new learning resource has to address, for instance, the restrictions on emigration from Nazi Germany that were implemented in the lead up to and during the Second World War, including into Palestine. It should explain that those German Jewish refugees who did manage to get into Britain during the War were placed in interment camps. It should examine British anti-Semitism in the 1930s, the consequences of British appeasement, sympathy and support for Nazism amongst the ruling class, what the Allied Powers knew about the Final Solution, and why no action was undertaken to halt its execution.

Britain has needed such a thorough examination of its own historical record for some time. If a new Holocaust memorial and learning center can be the forum for such an autopsy, it will be welcome not only as an addition to London’s face, but its soul as well.

blogs.forward.com/the-arty-semite/214026/why-britain-needs-a-new-holocaust-memorial/?

Britain's promise to remember: the Prime Minister's Holocaust Commission Report

PDF, 999KB, 68 pages

The cross-party Prime Minister’s Holocaust Commission was tasked with establishing what more Britain must do to ensure that the memory of the Holocaust is preserved and that the lessons it teaches are never forgotten.

The challenge to the Commission was to find ways to ensure that every generation can have the resources, access to survivor testimony, places to go to and modern technology needed to learn how the acceptance of hatred, poisonous words and discrimination led to the most horrific violence.

Mick Davis chaired the Holocaust Commission, and it was supported by 2 expert groups looking at education and memorials and commemoration.

The Commission ran a national call for evidence. There were nearly 2,500 responses. This included one of Britain’s largest ever gatherings of Holocaust survivors at Wembley Stadium in May and a competition to find a youth Commissioner which received more than 700 entries.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/prime-ministers-holocaust-commission-report

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Holocaust Memorial Berlin 16 Feb 2015 13:37 #30

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
Do the Boers get a holocaust museum because of the British concentration camps in South Africa too?

Holocaust Memorial Berlin 16 Feb 2015 14:03 #31

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

£50m
Put Towards New Holocaust Memorial

The Chancellor makes the announcement on the 70th anniversary of the liberation of the Auschwitz death camp.

Messages on a model in Ayr of the infamous 'Arbeit Macht Frei' gate

The Government will put £50m towards a new Holocaust memorial and education centre.

The announcement from Chancellor George Osborne came as thousands of people across Britain gathered to mark the 70th anniversary of the liberation of the Auschwitz death camp and to remember the millions of Jews and other victims murdered by the Nazis in World War II.

Holocaust survivor Ela Weissberger, 84, marks the memorial day in Ayr

Mr Osborne made the announcement after the Commission chairman, Mick Davis, earlier put forward the proposals to the Cabinet.

"I made clear at that Cabinet meeting the Government will provide £50m to support this brilliant plan," Mr Osborne told MPs.

"Of course we will go on funding the work of the Holocaust Educational Trust, which takes MPs and many, many school children to Auschwitz to see for themselves the horror that happened there."

"I think across the House we can come together to commemorate this day but also to make sure it is never forgotten what happened in the Holocaust and we never repeat its mistakes."

He added: "As this is the 70th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz, we should remember the inhumanity that happened there and the suffering of those who died and who live with the memories of the Holocaust, and vow as a nation to keep its memories alive."

Shadow chancellor Ed Balls, who sat on the Commission, confirmed that Labour backed the £50m contribution.

"It's good we have cross-party agreement to fully fund the Holocaust Commission's report," he said.

The Holocaust Memorial Day Trust, set up by the Government in 2001 to promote Holocaust Memorial Day, expects nearly 2,500 events to take place across the UK.

Six candles designed by sculptor Sir Anish Kapoor will be lit by five Holocaust survivors and Bosnian war survivor during the central London memorial service.

See the picture galleries in the article: news.sky.com/story/1415972/50m-put-towards-new-holocaust-memorial

More pictures: CLICK

More Holocaust Memorial NEWS: CLICK (results only from censored gogol de)

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Holocaust Memorials Worldwide 19 Feb 2015 11:20 #32

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
The English/British/Scottish/Irish slaves appear to be equally brainwashed although they - contrary to mainland Europeans - still enjoy freedom of speech.

No demonstrations, no comments on blogs and forums, no dissent at all .... it's 'only' £50m, so what ....

Only two to three yet in Australia:

-> Jewish Holocaust Museum and Research Centre (Melbourne, Victoria)
-> Sydney Jewish Museum (Sydney, New South Wales)
-> Jewish Holocaust Centre www.jhc.org.au/

Definitely not enough!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Holocaust_memorials_and_museums

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 19 Feb 2015 11:29 by PFIZIPFEI.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy

Holocaust Memorials Worldwide 19 Feb 2015 11:24 #33

PFIZIPFEI wrote:
The English/British/Scottish/Irish slaves appear to be equally brainwashed although they - contrary to mainland Europeans - still enjoy freedom of speech.

No demonstrations, no comments on blogs and forums, no dissent at all .... it's 'only' £50m, so what ....

Exactly its only 50 million, lucky to get a packet of crisps and a blackjack for that these days :umm:

Holocaust Memorials Worldwide 19 Feb 2015 11:58 #34

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
PFIZIPFEI wrote:

Only two to three yet in Australia:

-> Jewish Holocaust Museum and Research Centre (Melbourne, Victoria)
-> Sydney Jewish Museum (Sydney, New South Wales)
-> Jewish Holocaust Centre www.jhc.org.au/

Definitely not enough!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Holocaust_memorials_and_museums
Sydney and Melbourne were the only cities that got any Jewish populations to speak of. We have the nation within the nation here ... and it doesn't need to be big. Our politicians all are US puppets so we are Jew controlled that way.
User(s) who Liked this post: Lizzy, PFIZIPFEI

Holocaust Memorials Worldwide 19 Feb 2015 12:02 #35

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
entrangermercenary1 wrote:
Exactly its only 50 million, lucky to get a packet of crisps and a blackjack for that these days :umm:

Of course you are right. Not a single extorted from the goyim slaves NIS, that will help to keep the BIG LIE BUSINESS going, is wasted but might eventually end up in your pocket. Forgive me, how thoughtless of me ... won't happen again.

:wissl:

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 19 Feb 2015 12:04 by PFIZIPFEI.

Holocaust Memorials Worldwide 04 May 2015 14:09 #36

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

‘Just not in my backyard’

for planned

Dutch Holocaust memorial

In Amsterdam, a groundbreaking Shoah memorial designed by Daniel Libeskind
awaits approval, even as some of the proposed site’s neighbors beg to differ

By Matt Lebovic May 3, 2015, 4:01 am

AMSTERDAM — It’s the Dutch Holocaust memorial everyone says they want to see built — just not in their neighborhood.

Early last year, Amsterdam’s mayor endorsed the creation of the Netherlands’ first Holocaust memorial to include the names of more than 102,000 Jewish victims deported and murdered from that country. It was relatively clear sailing until memorial planners zoomed in on secluded Wertheim Park — close to what the city declared a Jewish Cultural Quarter in 2012 — as their preferred site.

Claiming they were presented with “a done deal” last March, a group of residents living close to the park has consistently opposed constructing the $6.8 million Holocaust memorial in their neighborhood. “Not in our garden” has been a common refrain, with opponents demanding the city have the Shoah edifice built anywhere but in the heart of their leafy Plantage district.

Named for a prominent nineteenth century Jewish philanthropist, Wertheim Park is close to Amsterdam’s surviving historic synagogues, as well as buildings connected to the deportation of Dutch Jewry during the Holocaust. Just around the corner is the legendary Artis Zoo, where dozens of Jews hid among the animals to avoid capture by the Nazis and Dutch “bounty hunters.”

Designed by Polish-born Daniel Libeskind, the proposed Memorial of Names will be a maze-like path of ascending and descending walls, on which will appear the names of more than 102,000 victims, including 220 Sinti and Roma. At night, the path between the walls will be lit from below — “because names are also lights,” said Libeskind, designer of Berlin’s Jewish Museum and New York City’s World Trade Center master plan.

A model of the Daniel Libeskind-designed Memorial of Names, a Holocaust memorial planned for Amsterdam’s Wertheim Park.
Reminiscent of the Vietnam Memorial in Washington, DC, the walls will include the names of more than 102,000 Holocaust victims
deported from the Netherlands (courtesy: Dutch Auschwitz Committee)

Seeking to keep their relatively secluded streets off the tourist track, plan opponents have hung “Trees, Not Buses” banners from Wertheim Park’s fences, a reference to the 200,000 tourists projected to visit the memorial each year. That would be about one-fifth the visitors received annually by the Anne Frank House across town, which “adopted” the names of the seven murdered “Secret Annex” inhabitants for 50 Euros each in a Memorial of Names fundraiser.

“This is an important monument and it shouldn’t be built in hostile surroundings,” said Amsterdam city council head Boudewijn Oranje last year, responding to opponents’ claim the memorial would look “ridiculous” in their small dog park, which — at 7,500-square meters — is larger than a football field.

As the memorial’s stewards, members of the Amsterdam-based Dutch Auschwitz Committee have said the opposing neighbors’ concerns are not tied to reality.

“The opponents are mostly uninformed and their arguments are based on nothing,” said Naomi Koster, the committee’s secretary.

“It’s a small group of highly educated people — lawyers, journalists, etc. — who are not against the memorial itself, but would rather not see it in their own backyard,” Koster told The Times of Israel in an interview last week.

Among what Koster called the neighbors’ “misunderstandings,” the claim that an 11,000 square-foot Holocaust memorial will kill the park’s open space is particularly off the mark, she said. The completed memorial will fill just 9% of the existing park, which itself will be expanded onto an adjacent field to accommodate the memorial.

A depiction of the Memorial of Names, a Daniel Libeskind-designed project awaiting approval
to be constructed in Amsterdam’s Wertheim Park. The memorial would be the Netherlands’ first
to list the names of more than 102,000 Holocaust victims, including 220 Sinti and Roma (courtesy:
Dutch Auschwitz Committee)

“We are quite sure that if we would want to erect the memorial in any other park in Amsterdam, there would be an equal amount of neighbors’ resistance,” said Koster. “Most of the people would say they are not against the memorial, but that it is not appropriate for their neighborhood,” she said.

In addition to concerns about aesthetics and tourist infrastructure, something more is at play along the Plantage neighborhood’s picturesque canals, said Koster.

“The park is now mainly used as a spot to walk dogs, and the opponents of the memorial have said it’s not pleasant to be confronted with names of Holocaust victims,” she told The Times. “It’s not a reminder that anyone wants in their backyard,” she said.

According to Koster, the project remains “held up until further notice,” with city officials mulling over neighbors’ objections and holding meetings. Having originally envisioned a spring 2015 completion date for their monument, the committee was told last week to expect a final decision from the city council by 2016, said Koster.

Unbeknownst to even some of its visitors, the shady Wertheim Park is already home to an obscure, almost invisible Auschwitz memorial.

Installed in 1993, “Broken Mirrors” is composed of six cracked mirror panels, under which an urn with the ashes of victims from Auschwitz was buried. Surrounded by bushes and trees, the ground-level monument is hard to spot from within the park itself, much less the street, though it is the site of an annual memorial gathering.

As seen in 2012, the ‘Broken Mirrors’ Auschwitz memorial is located in Amsterdam’s Wertheim Park,
the proposed site for a much larger Holocaust memorial. Underneath the six shattered mirrors is an urn
with victims’ ashes taken from Auschwitz (photo credit: Matt Lebovic)

Viewing their proposed Memorial of Names structure as a companion to the humble, often-defaced Auschwitz monument, the Dutch Auschwitz Committee worked with Libeskind to thematically integrate the structures in his master plan.

“It is important to have the memorial erected in this particular park, because the ashes of Holocaust victims are already buried beneath the Auschwitz monument,” said Koster. “The Memorial of Names will function as the tombstone on the grave of all these victims,” she said.

In Libeskind’s words, reinterpreting Broken Mirrors as the entrance to his winding “path of light” will ensure the project “is not a competition of memory, but an enhancement of memory.”

Though some neighbors are vehemently opposed to ground being broken on the memorial, major civic groups — including the Society of Friends of Amsterdam City Centre — have voiced support for Wertheim Park as an ideal site.

“The physical damage to the park is not such that it justifies an objection,” said the group in a statement last year. “The position of the memorial along the side of the old park means that it has little or no negative effect on the values of the park at stake, such as its plan and composition,” noted the society, which also pointed to several “positive” plan elements like an extended waterfront footpath, and the importance of the memorial itself.

A model of the Daniel Libeskind-designed Memorial of Names, a Holocaust memorial planned
for Amsterdam’s Wertheim Park. Reminiscent of the Vietnam Memorial in Washington, DC,
the walls will include the names of more than 102,000 Holocaust victims deported from the
Netherlands. At the bottom left, the park’s existing “Broken Mirrors” Auschwitz memorial can
be seen, incorporated into the new design (courtesy: Dutch Auschwitz Committee)

Several memorials featuring the names of Holocaust victims have been constructed across Europe in recent years, from Paris to Budapest and Auschwitz itself. In part because the Netherlands lost a larger share of its Jewish population than other countries, Holocaust memory has long been divisive in Dutch society.

When Amsterdam’s remnant Jewish community constructed its first post-Holocaust edifice in 1950, it was named — perhaps somewhat astoundingly — the Monument of Jewish Gratitude. Not far from Wertheim Park but on a major thoroughfare, it is an imposing, white limestone altar in honor of Dutch citizens who helped Jews during the Holocaust.

This Monument of Jewish Gratitude was built on the literal ruins of the extinct Jewish Quarter, and half a decade before the country’s official war monument went up in Dam Square. Along with Anne Frank’s diary, the Monument of Gratitude enhanced the image of Dutch citizens as “helpers” of Jews and brave resisters, as opposed to Nazi collaborators who greased the wheels of genocide.

In recent years, Amsterdam has followed the lead of Berlin and Vienna by installing “Stumbling Stones” outside some of the former homes of murdered Jews. The Dutch Auschwitz Committee hopes its Memorial of Names will take Holocaust memory to the next level, supplementing projects like the stones and symbolic Jewish Cultural Quarter with something on a grander scale.

“My personal connection as a child of Holocaust survivors made it increasingly important to be a part of this significant project,” Daniel Libeskind told The Times of Israel in a statement. “My goal is it will become a place for contemplation, reflection, and hope for the people of the Netherlands and beyond,” he said.

A map of Amsterdam prepared by the city’s Nazi administrators following the occupation of the Netherlands.
Each black dot represents a concentration of Jews. The proposed site for the Memorial of Names structure
is Wertheim Park, located in what was once the city’s heavily Jewish section, where the dots are most dense
(photo credit: Matt Lebovic)

Read more on: Holocaust, Amsterdam, Dutch Jews, Daniel Libeskind, Anne Frank, Netherlands, Nazi Germany, Shoah, Holocaust memorial, genocide, Dutch Jewish Historical Museum, Jews in the Netherlands, World War II, Jewish Museum, World Trade Center, Auschwitz-Birkenau, tourism, infrastructure, Poland, Roma, Gypsies, Diary of Anne Frank, fundraising
www.timesofisrael.com/just-not-in-my-backyard-for-planned-dutch-holocaust-memorial/

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
User(s) who Liked this post: Zorro, Orangeaid

Holocaust Memorial Berlin 04 May 2015 14:28 #37

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
Maybe Yenta can build it in her backyard :D
User(s) who Liked this post: Zorro

Holocaust Memorial Berlin 15 Aug 2016 20:35 #38

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Orangeaid wrote:
Trolling at the Berlin Holocost Memorial

... It's also a big meeting spot for Tinder apparently

tinderholocaustmemorial.tumblr.com

tindercaust.blogspot.com.au/?m=1

:hahano: :hahano:

truth-zone.net/forum/history/64344-the-holocaust.html?start=2240#227804

LEST WE FORGET!

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 15 Aug 2016 20:35 by PFIZIPFEI.

Holocaust Memorial Berlin 03 Dec 2016 14:55 #39

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

2013 picture

Berlin Holocaust memorial could not be built today

Peter Eisenman (iron man) cites rising anti-Semitism, xenophobia in Germany and US, says ‘social climate has changed’

Full article: www.timesofisrael.com/berlin-holocaust-memorial-could-not-be-built-today-architect/

Even holocaust memorial closed due to Obama's visit to the colony.

Full article: www.berliner-zeitung.de/berlin/obama-besuch-in-berlin--no--it-s-closed---25109548

Teaching songs of the Holocaust

Dr. Tamara Freeman to perform in Teaneck

By Larry Yudelson December 1, 2016

Tauba Botzel didn’t survive the Holocaust. She died in Theresienstadt. But her viola made it out of Germany.

Next Saturday night, you can hear Dr. Tamara Reps Freeman play that viola in Teaneck, as part of a fundraiser for the Holocaust memorial planned for the town green.

Full article: jewishstandard.timesofisrael.com/teaching-songs-of-the-holocaust/

How Berlin remembers its troubled past

On almost every corner and street, monuments, big and small, serve as reminders of the city's troubled past

Full article: www.forbesindia.com/article/live/how-berlin-remembers-its-troubled-past/44829/1

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
User(s) who Liked this post: Zorro

Holocaust Memorial Berlin 03 Dec 2016 15:19 #40

• Flare
So we have come together on this day to prove symbolically that we are more than a collection of individuals striving one against another, that none of us is too proud, none of us too high, none is too rich, and none too poor, to stand together before the face of the Lord and of the world in this indissoluble, sworn community. And this united nation, we have need of it.

- Adolf Hitler, in Berlin, 01 May 1935
User(s) who Liked this post: Orangeaid
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare