Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Scottish Independence or Scotland In Dependence?

Scottish Independence or Scotland In Dependence? 14 Dec 2014 17:55 #201

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Asva wrote:
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
Water under the bridge already?

What is going on in Scotland after this fake independence debacle?

People forget so easily and in a hurry.

Very good point.
What has come out of it?
Alex Salmond resigned, but has since re-emerged- drama queen...
Nigel Farage jumped on the success of the no vote and has revived English/Scottish divide requesting that Scottish politicians don't vote on English matters whilst also increasing the extreme 'right' following.
I think it's more divide and conquer tactics. Tbh I was deeply skeptical of the whole debate.

As a Scot I would happily see Scotland ruling itself, we have our own legal and educational system as it stands. Our health system is pretty good too. I will admit to voting no as i wasn't happy with any resolve presented. The final straw was when Salmond said he wanted Queen Liz to be the queen of Scots. One of my reasons for potentially voting yes was to get rid of the monarchy in Scotland. There was also the marked absence of Rosanna Cunningham and the Ewings, who were anti-monarchy. For some reason we didn't hear their voices. :dunno:
Something very fishy about the whole thing.

Salmon_d (Salomon?) is very fishy, maybe ;)

Thank you very much, Asva, for your very informative contribution.
Truth news is rare these days, especially on topics like these, so your response is even more appreciated for this reason.

:yup:
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 14 Dec 2014 17:56 by PFIZIPFEI.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

Scottish Independence or Scotland In Dependence? 06 Jan 2015 08:12 #202

• Orangeaid
  • Platinum Member
Secret US files reveal Washington’s interest in Scottish referendum – report

rt.com/news/219827-scottish-referendum-us-interest/

Scottish Independence or Scotland In Dependence? 06 Jan 2015 22:29 #203

• rodin
  • Spam Killer
  • BELIEF IS THE ENEMY OF TRUTH
@Asva

Consider Duncan Donut's point....

To understand who rules over you look to whom you tube can't criticise

The media isn't there to cover the news
It's there to cover the news up

All establishment lies pass through three stages
First, they are accepted as being self evident
Second, they are exposed by diligent research
Third, they are enforced

"Communism is the bloodiest, most difficult and the most terrible way from capitalism to capitalism" from Under the Sign of the Scorpion by Juri Lina

Scottish Independence or Scotland In Dependence? 07 Jan 2015 00:18 #204

• Asva
  • Fresh Member
@rodin, I can't view it, is there something you wish to point out to me?

Scottish Independence or Scotland In Dependence? 08 Jan 2015 18:39 #205

• rodin
  • Spam Killer
I voted for an independent Scotland, not Alex Salmond or even his party.

That video was one of a few made by me, prior to the vote, it contains the line

Do you really want to wake up knowing that you let us down by voting no

Third, they are enforced

"Communism is the bloodiest, most difficult and the most terrible way from capitalism to capitalism" from Under the Sign of the Scorpion by Juri Lina
User(s) who Liked this post: Asva

Scottish Independence or Scotland In Dependence? 08 Jan 2015 21:06 #206

• Asva
  • Fresh Member
Ok, fair enough, I was a yes voter to start with, but by the end I was getting sick of the needless fighting between yes/no voters- nice mums were verbally brawling at the school gate! There were too many unanswered questions for my liking, plus I know a lot of Englishers who were begging me to vote no as Labour would never get into power again, and now look what has happened with Farage the wnker.

So respect to you for your belief as I am open to debate and change of mind, if I can sort out my 'glitch' I will have a look at your work.

tbh honest if there had been an 80+% no show on the voting front then i think that would have been a better use of our voice- as they might have had to ask some serious questions. The system sucks and it's time for something else, im not buying into it anymore, but will remain openminded :thumbup:
Last Edit: 08 Jan 2015 21:21 by Asva. Reason: typo

Scottish Independence or Scotland In Dependence? 08 Jan 2015 22:04 #207

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
Are we picking at the carcass now?
Once a hyena always a hyena.

Scottish Independence or Scotland In Dependence? 08 Jan 2015 22:17 #208

• Asva
  • Fresh Member
Are we picking at the carcass or have they got the statistical information they required, im very skeptical as you may see. There is also talk of another referendum at some point with a few new players, apparently the new depute of the SNP may give old Merkel wanna be a run for her money :hahano:
Don't get me wrong I would like nothing more for Scotland to self rule, I bet many areas of England would like to do the same and get away from the Londoncentric mayhem, makes sense, but i need more convincing evidence which is hard because it's a set up constructed of words and promises and how many times have we the voter been let down there? :dunno:
User(s) who Liked this post: Frothy

Scottish Independence or Scotland In Dependence? 08 Jan 2015 22:36 #209

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
Asva wrote:
Are we picking at the carcass or have they got the statistical information they required, im very skeptical as you may see. There is also talk of another referendum at some point with a few new players, apparently the new depute of the SNP may give old Merkel wanna be a run for her money :hahano:
Don't get me wrong I would like nothing more for Scotland to self rule, I bet many areas of England would like to do the same and get away from the Londoncentric mayhem, makes sense, but i need more convincing evidence which is hard because it's a set up constructed of words and promises and how many times have we the voter been let down there? :dunno:

Most of the land in Scotland is owned by relatively small amounts of people, do you think that these land owners only have the same say as someone casting a vote from their bedsit somewhere deep inside a city?

Scotland will never be an independent country no matter how much some might want it to be, imo the SNP will begin to fade, they've had their thing, given their 'best shot' I voted Yes, I was not going to vote at all, I'm quite annoyed with myself that I did.

Besides that what's the point now in being separate from Westminster, they only manage the EU regulations at a national level, so even if we remove that layer, we still have the same regulations to adhere to, even if a country is not in the EU, I guess they have to trade by those regulations if they want to trade with a EU state.

The only difference now afaik is they Scottish people would not need to join in with UK policy, though there's nothing to say that Scottish policy is going to be an improvement.

As for the UK voting system, IE the Scots have to live by English votes as well as their own, this means that the Tories got voted in by the English, the Scots did not vote for them but have to live under them.

But it's not different in an Independent state, where the population of a big city such as Edinburgh, will outvote a small town such as Glenrothes, meaning the people of Glenrothes have to live by what the people in Edinburgh want, so the same pattern is there, regardless whether or not It;s English voters dictating government for the UK over Scots because of population size, or the same analogy between Edinburgh and Glenrothes as an example.
Last Edit: 08 Jan 2015 22:40 by Frothy.

Scottish Independence or Scotland In Dependence? 08 Jan 2015 22:50 #210

• Asva
  • Fresh Member
Blue_Tackler wrote:
Asva wrote:

Most of the land in Scotland is owned by relatively small amounts of people, do you think that these land owners only have the same say as someone casting a vote from their bedsit somewhere deep inside a city?

Scotland will never be an independent country no matter how much some might want it to be, imo the SNP will begin to fade, they've had their thing, given their 'best shot' I voted Yes, I was not going to vote at all, I'm quite annoyed with myself that I did.

Besides that what's the point now in being separate from Westminster, they only manage the EU regulations at a national level, so even if we remove that layer, we still have the same regulations to adhere to, even if a country is not in the EU, I guess they have to trade by those regulations if they want to trade with a EU state.

The only difference now afaik is they Scottish people would not need to join in with UK policy, though there's nothing to say that Scottish policy is going to be an improvement.

As for the UK voting system, IE the Scots have to live by English votes as well as their own, this means that the Tories got voted in by the English, the Scots did not vote for them but have to live under them.

But it's not different in an Independent state, where the population of a big city such as Edinburgh, will outvote a small town such as Glenrothes, meaning the people of Glenrothes have to live by what the people in Edinburgh want, so the same pattern is there, regardless whether or not It;s English voters dictating government for the UK over Scots because of population size, or the same analogy between Edinburgh and Glenrothes as an example.

Well yeah, the whole Euro policy involvement makes me further skeptical, it's the worst side of devolved power?
You have highlighted many of the problems relating to the issue. The SNP have fked many a social issue and covered the tracks with things like free prescriptions, but the locals have to deal with other depleted services in order for that to happen- let's not bring the edinburgh tram into the proceedings, but yeah,well..... and all the jobs for the boys scams within local councils. If you work for the council and you need a new light bulb you can't shop around and get the cheapest version, you have go with a choice from a prescribed list- it's nuts :D

Scottish Independence or Scotland In Dependence? 10 Jan 2015 23:14 #211

• rodin
  • Spam Killer
Scottish Referendum Rigged – MI5’s Phony Postal Votes and Ballot Boxes

I read that Andrew Parker, new head of MI5, is Jewish.

joequinn.net/2014/09/28/scottish-referendum-rigged-mi5s-phony-postal-votes-and-ballot-boxes/

Third, they are enforced

Scottish Independence or Scotland In Dependence? 11 Jan 2015 12:50 #212

• Asva
  • Fresh Member
Thanks, I will have to get back to you- a lengthy article, looks interesting :)

Have you heard the rumour that Alex Salmond is a Bilderberg member?
Been trying to find something conclusive, but not yet found it.

Scottish Independence or Scotland In Dependence? 11 Jan 2015 13:57 #213

• Asva
  • Fresh Member
rodin wrote:
Scottish Referendum Rigged – MI5’s Phony Postal Votes and Ballot Boxes

I read that Andrew Parker, new head of MI5, is Jewish.

joequinn.net/2014/09/28/scottish-referendum-rigged-mi5s-phony-postal-votes-and-ballot-boxes/

Well, the article shows up the whole thing for the charade it was regardless of a yes or no vote. I remember my ballot paper being a bit scant in terms of what I expected to find- no codes or anything. It seems to be a world wide phenomenon of vote rigging- why are even bothering to indulge them by casting a vote, seems futile !???! The article also stated that under the Scottish Referendum Act of 2013 a national recount was not permitted, if the authorities were satisfied that there were no "concerns about the integrity of the process" - I would like to ask- what about the people, the voters and their concerns?- more evidence of the sham it was.

With all the voting irregularities it brings into question what the real agenda here was. certainly not achieving anything moral, more like some kind of tokenistic referendum to keep the masses thinking they have a voice. If there are at least £1.5 trillion in oil reserves then the ruling elite will want to keep that amongst themselves, makes sense.

There has to be another way, but it looks like state control is such that we will never get a proper say and we will not get any real answers.

Thanks, that was a good read :thumbup:

Scottish Independence or Scotland In Dependence? 13 Jan 2015 22:40 #214

• rodin
  • Spam Killer
So that's BT you Voltaire and me in Jockland. How many more Scots on here? Picked up a copy of THE NATIONAL at Sainsbury local. Headline caught my eye, under Cameron's head, Big Brother is Watching You - Free speech and right to a fair trial under threat

Third, they are enforced

Scottish Independence or Scotland In Dependence? 13 Jan 2015 22:43 #215

• Asva
  • Fresh Member
rodin wrote:
So that's BT you Voltaire and me in Jockland. How many more Scots on here? Picked up a copy of THE NATIONAL at Sainsbury local. Headline caught my eye, under Cameron's head, Big Brother is Watching You - Free speech and right to a fair trial under threat

Too many by the looks of it, do we out number the Germans and the English? :joker:

p.s. when I have been on holiday abroad, I have often been mistaken for being German, before I speak that is :chuckle:

Scottish Independence or Scotland In Dependence? 13 Jan 2015 23:00 #216

• rodin
  • Spam Killer
One to many I presume you are saying? I don't think BT (or Wikkid for that matter) are lost causes, I mean the former voted yes...

Third, they are enforced

Scottish Independence or Scotland In Dependence? 13 Jan 2015 23:02 #217

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
Asva wrote:
rodin wrote:

Too many by the looks of it, do we out number the Germans and the English? :joker:

p.s. when I have been on holiday abroad, I have often been mistaken for being German, before I speak that is :chuckle:

Solution, shave armpits :dunno:
Last Edit: 13 Jan 2015 23:03 by Frothy.

Scottish Independence or Scotland In Dependence? 13 Jan 2015 23:03 #218

• Asva
  • Fresh Member
rodin wrote:
One to many I presume you are saying? I don't think BT (or Wikkid for that matter) are lost causes, I mean the former voted yes...

That's ancient history now, perhaps a new line of approach is needed instead of dwelling on the past. The outcome proved dissatisfactory, perhaps the yes and the no voters need to find a common ground to dispel the staged polarised argument?

Scottish Independence or Scotland In Dependence? 14 Jan 2015 00:05 #219

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
In Wales they have the Welsh language in the school curriculum, it's a step towards an independent state, imo Scots could start by introducing the Gaelic language, it's part of an independent identity :thumbup:

Scottish Independence or Scotland In Dependence? 14 Jan 2015 00:18 #220

• Asva
  • Fresh Member
Blue_Tackler wrote:
In Wales they have the Welsh language in the school curriculum, it's a step towards an independent state, imo Scots could start by introducing the Gaelic language, it's part of an independent identity :thumbup:

The Gaelic is taught in schools, but of a selective variety- they would rather teach Spanish, German or French- EU policy perhaps? but if you are qualified to teach Italian and Spanish, and not German you cannot get a job as my friends husband discovered despite his competence.

There are Gaelic speaking state funded schools, where only the Gaelic is spoken with 15 in a class it's a parents dream, but Gaelic is not widely spoken in the lowlands, never was, it's a north west coast dialect. I wonder how many schools teach exclusively in the Doric?

I dont know if this is the answer, it might provide clues about past histories which are important, but we are in the here and now and Gaelic in schools is for a minority middle class these days who may not appreciate the 'hidden' details of etymological significance :roll:
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare