Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Smoking, Asthma, Nicotine discussion thread

Smoking, Asthma, Nicotine discussion thread 07 Oct 2012 20:20 #1

• LesleyPumpshaft
  • Fresh Member
Following a chat with Frog and Gilly, the subject of smoking and chest infections/complaints came up.

Loads of people have asthma these days, but they don't smoke. What's the reason for this? Is it chemtrails, general pollution or something else?

Also, is there a drive to get smokers off fags and hooked on nicotine replacement therapy? It will save money treating smoking related illnesses, but NRT can be taxed, just like tobacco.

What about Champix and Zyban. There are reports of people committing suicide on them and feeling psychotic and depressed. Were they just having a really bad time coming off nicotine?

Does anyone have any thoughts?
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Hexhammer

Smoking, Asthma, Nicotine discussion thread 07 Oct 2012 20:37 #2

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Smokers: Try cigarettes made of organic tobacco and feel the difference.
All people I met who suffered from lung cancer were non smokers.
We do not know what exactly they add to conventional cigarettes except the curses on the packing, which says it all to me.

Synthetic aromas of electronic cigarettes might be even worse than conventional ones with all the harmful additives.
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
User(s) who Liked this post: Frog, Lizzy, Hexhammer, LesleyPumpshaft

Smoking, Asthma, Nicotine discussion thread 07 Oct 2012 20:47 #3

• LesleyPumpshaft
  • Fresh Member
Do you smoke PFIZIPFEI?

I'm not keen on the whole being addicted thing, and would like to be free of it myself. I keep toying with the idea of growing my own though. :)

Smoking, Asthma, Nicotine discussion thread 07 Oct 2012 20:54 #4

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Hey Lesley...I saw your other post earlier, just hadn't got round to responding to it yet. So I'll do it here.

First of all NRT doesn't work for the majority of people, its a con. Fact. The statistics prove it.

Would you give an alcoholic a 'cleaner' version of alcohol than his usual tipple to wean him off the drug? Nope.

Really, the only realistic way to get off nicotine is by going cold turkey.

You also mentioned you are attempting to stop right now yourself. Please have a read around the site linked below.

whyquit.com/

^That site helped me to quit and stay successfully nicotine-free for four years, after nearly 30 years of smoking and numerous previous failed attempts that never lasted more than a few weeks.
The pen is mightier than the sword
User(s) who Liked this post: Hexhammer, LesleyPumpshaft

Smoking, Asthma, Nicotine discussion thread 07 Oct 2012 20:57 #5

• LesleyPumpshaft
  • Fresh Member
Thanks DG. :thumbup:

NRT is a massive con imho. I gave up for a year once and was chewing the nicotine gum for most of that. It's expensive too. Cold turkey is horrible though. Respect to you! Are still off the fags then?
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer

Smoking, Asthma, Nicotine discussion thread 07 Oct 2012 21:02 #6

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Yes, Lesley, I smoke organic cigarettes for almost a decade now and I second your thoughts on being addicted because every addiction is kind of self-imposed yoke, enslavement so to speak. But I also think that the term 'addiction' is to be defined individually.

I know that a lot of people are addicted to healthy things these days which makes them a yoke, too.

Growing your own tobacco is of course the perfect solution, while it is not that easy to do so if you don't live in Brazil or Cuba ;)

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Smoking, Asthma, Nicotine discussion thread 07 Oct 2012 21:13 #7

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
LesleyPumpshaft wrote:
Thanks DG. :thumbup:

NRT is a massive con imho. I gave up for a year once and was chewing the nicotine gum for most of that. It's expensive too. Cold turkey is horrible though. Respect to you! Are still off the fags then?

No :(

I quit for the 'successful' four years in 2005, then in 2009 hit a very stressful patch in my life and did the most STUPID thing...I had ''just the one'' smoke.

Two weeks later I was back smoking as if I'd never stopped. And that's it with quitting nicotine...you are on life-time probation. You can NEVER touch it again, full-stop. Horrible drug.
The pen is mightier than the sword

Smoking, Asthma, Nicotine discussion thread 07 Oct 2012 21:25 #8

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
I stopped smoking (conventional cigarettes) for 8 years when I got a final diagnosis from orthodox medical practicioners (not lung cancer) and consciously started again because I felt that the fear of getting sick and dying (from smoking) was overwhelming and much more malign than smoking itself and that this subliminal deadly terror could only be conquered by jumping into the fire :O I know this sounds absurd, but that is how I started again.

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, Frog, Hexhammer

Smoking, Asthma, Nicotine discussion thread 07 Oct 2012 22:17 #9

• Gilly
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I don't know about Champix, but I've been smoking since I was 8 (my mate next door used to take them from her parent's shop, & we'd hide in their hayloft - till we accidentally set it on fire, which made us a bit unpopular) and the only time I managed to give up was with Zyban. I've tried cold turkey, hypnotherapy, patches , gum, electronic cig's, accupuncture - and failed.

Now, having said that, Zyban started its life as an anti-depressant drug. People taking it for that purpose noted that it seemed to help them to overcome cravings for whatever their vice was, smoking being one of them.

I don't know if anyone's looked at anti-depressants, but they have an uncanny knack for cropping up in the recent histories of people who've just committed suicide, or gone on murder sprees! So, even though it was the only thing I've had moderate success with, I definitely wouldn't recommend it.

10 years ago I stopped for 7 months with the Zyban. Went from a size 10 to size 16 in that time. Was incredibly vicious with everybody for the 1st month. Did feel more healthy though.

But the same as DG, I succumbed to 'just one', whilst having some drinks with friends. I smoked 30 that night, & thought I'd feel rough in the morning. But I didn't. I decided not to bother trying to stop any more.

The very best of luck to your in your endeavours to quit, Lesley!

Smoking, Asthma, Nicotine discussion thread 07 Oct 2012 22:33 #10

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
  • Government is simply a conspiracy against a nation!
I'm not going to do a multi-quote because I'm pushed for time and have other things going on sorry.

@PF...
I would agree with your comment that natural tobacco is much better for consumption - there are in fact two strains of tobacco and off the top of my head I don't remember the names. One variety is the one ancient and tribal cultures traditionally consumed and the other was not! The strain used for commercial cigarets is not the one traditionally used! The other point you made is about additives which is where the next big issue lies...there are chemicals applied to the tobacco crop as it grows, the drying process is forced and also involves chemicals much of the time AFAIK and finally with regular prerolled cigarettes chemicals are added supposedly for flavour, increased addiction and improved burn. Switching to hand rolling tobacco of any description will be an improvement and reduce the consumption of harmful chemical cocktails. Another area that is often over looked is the material the filters are made of these filters are known to release micro particulates of these man made materials, which can become embedded in the lung tissue and eventually become a catalyst for caner growth.

Ready made cigarets are not a good way consume tobacco!

One other point the UK used to produce tobacco one estate that was known for tobacco production is Elveden, Thetford one of the old tobacco drying houses is still standing and in use for vehicle storage among other things. Tobacco is actually quite tolerant of a wide range climatic conditions. Growing tobacco isn't as much a problem as drying it. The drying stage is where the flavour comes from and if done incorrectly the result can be unpleasant. There are a few sites on the web dedicated to tobacco growing and they also cover the drying aspect. Seeds are readily available in the UK and not very expensive, you need about three meters by eight from memory to get a decent crop. Tobacco growing is quite popular in some Scandinavian countries which have a much harsher climate than the UK.

@LPS and DG,

I think that much of the addiction is in the mind. Over the last year or so I have been smoking less and have even taken a few two or three week breaks and not felt in the slightest bit twitchy. I knew I hadn't given up, which seemed to break the usual cravings that I have experienced in the past when I have tried quit. I actually enjoy smoking and have no intention of giving up and death is coming to get me anyway, like it or not, so I don't have a fear of death. I probably shouldn't be here anyway so I guess I cheated it once or twice already.

Instead of giving up for good give up for a week or two and then have a smoke. I think you will be surprised what effect that has on the mental addiction. I also did that without having any tobacco to hand so I couldn't cheat and I knew that crutch wasn't there. What I found after that is that I can go for days or weeks without craving a cigaret, that isn't to say there weren't/aren't time when I really felt like a smoke. One way of looking at it is like this...if you were stranded on a desert island with no tobacco, matches or papers you would stop smoking and you wouldn't crave it because you would accept that it simply isn't an option. I think your mind treats that information in a different way to the way many of us normally process the thoughts of quitting something. One is associated with being deprived of something the other is makes it acceptable because it's unobtainable - as strange as all that may sound!

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James
Last Edit: 07 Oct 2012 22:43 by Frog.

Smoking, Asthma, Nicotine discussion thread 08 Oct 2012 07:20 #11

• Gilly
  • Voluntarily Inactive
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
Yes, Lesley, I smoke organic cigarettes for almost a decade now and I second your thoughts on being addicted because every addiction is kind of self-imposed yoke, enslavement so to speak. But I also think that the term 'addiction' is to be defined individually.

I know that a lot of people are addicted to healthy things these days which makes them a yoke, too.

Growing your own tobacco is of course the perfect solution, while it is not that easy to do so if you don't live in Brazil or Cuba ;)

:thumbup: Thank you, Pfiz - you prompted me to search on the web for organic rolling tobacco, as I've never seen it for sale round here anywhere.

I was thinking that the postage would bump the cost up quite a bit, but actually, I've found American Spirit works out cheaper than the Amber Leaf I currently smoke, even with the delivery charge, so long as you order a month's supply at one go.
Last Edit: 08 Oct 2012 07:20 by Gilly.

Smoking, Asthma, Nicotine discussion thread 08 Oct 2012 08:34 #12

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Hi Gilly, I did not want to mention the brand in order not be accused of giving it a plug, but yes, it's the Spirit one I prefer and you can buy tobacco and cigarettes here at most petrol stations.

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

Smoking, Asthma, Nicotine discussion thread 24 Jul 2013 06:42 #13

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

smokescreens.org

Smoking out the Truth
Separating the lies from the facts

They have created a fear based on nothing

The following is an interview with Professor Philippe Even, World-renowned pulmonologist, and once president of the prestigious Research Institute Necker [now retired]

smokingoutthetruth.com/philippe-even/

Concerning the 'comprehensive Smoking Prevention Act of 820000' G.N. Schrauzer
(scroll down to read the original documents)
tobaccodocuments.org/lor/03615482-5486.html

Affidavit of Gerhard N. Schrauzer, Ph.D.

tobaccodocuments.org/pm/2501070528-0529.html

Statement of Gerhard N. Schrauzer, Ph.D.

tobaccodocuments.org/lor/03760155-0160.html

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer

Smoking, Asthma, Nicotine discussion thread 03 Jun 2015 13:17 #14

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare