Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 26 May 2018 22:40 #161

• Rocco
  • User is blocked
  • Devil's Advocate
So don't drink coffee before sleep
You can't fix stupid
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 26 May 2018 23:17 #162

• Flare
Rocco wrote:
So don't drink coffee before sleep

Here's some stuff I found:

What is so worrisome about coffee?

If you are suffering from thyroid issues, Hashimoto’s, adrenal fatigue, insomnia, anxiety, hot flashes or hormone-related conditions, it’s important to be fully aware of the “other side of coffee” and make an educated decision whether it is good for you.

Here are some of the lesser-known facts about coffee:

Increases blood sugar levels

According to this study, caffeine increases blood sugar levels. This is especially dangerous for people with hypoglycemia (or low sugar levels) who feel jittery, shaky, moody and unfocused when hungry. Blood sugar fluctuations cause cortisol spikes, which not only exhaust the adrenals but also deregulate the immune system. This is highly undesirable for those of us with adrenal fatigue, Hashimoto’s or Graves’ disease. Such cortisol spikes are also highly inflammatory (read more below).

Creates sugar and carbohydrate cravings

As the result of a sugar level spike, when our blood sugar levels come down, we need an emergency fix to bring them back up. This is why people who drink coffee at breakfast or indulge in sugary and processed breakfasts crave carbs and sugar by 11am or later in the day.

Contributes to acid reflux and damages gut lining

Coffee stimulates the release of gastrin, the main gastric hormone, which speeds up intestinal transit time. Coffee can also stimulate the release of bile (which is why some people run to the bathroom soon after drinking coffee) and digestive enzymes.

In a person with a healthy digestion, this is not a big deal. However, for people with autoimmune conditions like Hashimoto’s and Graves’, compromised digestion (such as IBS, or “leaky gut”), this can cause further digestive damage to the intestinal lining (source).

Exhausts the adrenals

Coffee stimulates the adrenals to release more cortisol, our stress hormone; this is partly why we experience a wonderful but temporary and unsustainable burst of energy.

What many of us don’t realize is that our tired adrenals are often the cause of unexplained weight gain, sleeping problems, feeling emotionally fragile, depression and fatigue. Drinking coffee while experiencing adrenal fatigue is only adding fuel to the fire.

People with Hashimoto’s should be extra careful as the adrenals and cortisol also modulate the immune system, and Hashimoto’s is a condition in which the immune system is already out of whack.

If you have already given up coffee and are still experiencing adrenal fatigue, consider trying our own Hormone Balance Nutritionals Adrenal Repair Kit to aid in supporting your recovery.

Worsens PMS and lumpy breasts

It’s well-established that coffee contributes to estrogen dominance (source), which can mean one of two things: we either have too much estrogen in relation to progesterone, or we have an imbalance in the estrogen metabolites (some are protective and some are dangerous).

PMS, lumpy breasts, heavy periods, cellulite and even breast cancer (which is an estrogenic cancer) can be symptoms of estrogen dominance.

Estrogen is especially problematic for people with thyroid conditions. High estrogen levels (also known as estrogen dominance) rise thyroid binding globulin, making less thyroid hormone available for the body.

Estrogen dominance is also often cited as the cause of thyroid nodules and even thyroid cancer development (medical reference here).

Gluten-cross reactive food

50% of people with gluten sensitivities also experience cross reactivity with other foods, including casein in milk products, corn, coffee, and almost all grains, because their protein structures are similar. Cyrex Labs provides a test for gluten cross-reactive foods (Array 4).

Many people report having a similar reaction to coffee as they do to gluten.

Impacts the conversion of T4 to T3 hormones

Coffee impacts the absorption of levothyroxine (the synthetic thyroid hormone); this is why thyroid patients need to take their hormone replacement pill at least an hour before drinking coffee.

The indirect but important point is that coffee contributes to estrogen dominance, cited above, and estrogen dominance inhibits T4 to T3 conversion.

Can cause miscarriages

This study showed that women who drink coffee during their pregnancy are at a higher risk of miscarriage. That’s scary. Why are our doctors not telling us this?!

Is highly inflammatory

Any functional or integrative doctor would say the majority of modern diseases are caused by inflammation – a smoldering and invisible fire found on a cellular level.

This study found that caffeine is a significant contributor to oxidative stress and inflammation in the body. Chronic body aches and pains, fatigue, skin problems, diabetes and autoimmune conditions are just some of the conditions related to inflammation.

Can contribute to and even cause osteoporosis

It is well-known that coffee changes our body pH to a lower, and thus more acidic, level. A low pH (which means a more acidic body) can contribute to osteoporosis.

This study has confirmed that habitual coffee drinking among postmenopausal women was the leading cause of osteoporosis.

Can cause insomnia and poor sleep

This study showed that 400mg of “caffeine taken 6 hours before bedtime has important disruptive [sleep] effects.”

This, again, is dependent on the individual and his or her ability to metabolize caffeine. Some people experience deep and restful sleep whether or not they drink coffee, while others do not, even if they stop drinking anything caffeinated at noon.

How sensitive are you and how does coffee impact your sleep? You will only find out when you give up caffeinated drinks for 5 days – then your body will tell you!

hormonesbalance.com/articles/11-ways-coffee-impacts-your-hormones-and-how-to-substitute-it/
You can’t understand the world without understanding the Truth of WW2 and you can’t truly understand WW2 without understanding the Truth of WW1. And to get the full picture you need to understand who the German people were as a race and culture before these world wars were created to crush them.

Germany did not start WW1 or WW2… the Germans have been the victims.

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 27 May 2018 04:15 #163

• novum
  • Platinum Member
Flare wrote:
novum wrote:
I drink that when i get the urge to drink coffee, been 1 1/2 weeks now, so far so good.

Coffee is a whole other topic, we probably need a thread.. notice how they product place it every-damn-where in hollywood stuff, one might almost think they want us to consume it heavily it or something... its just about the only 'legal' drug.. why. :ponda:

Lol!

I actually quit drinking coffee 2 weeks ago as well. Perhaps we saw the same vid on youtube in our list or something..?

:thumbup:

I didnt watch/read anything recently, i just know of some of the stuff youve subsequently posted... and worst of all its bitter as fk alone so i inevitably add sugar, and i try not consume much or any refined sugar at all.. the coffee was indirectly increasing my sugar intake.. id use raw (brown) sugar, but still, not so good.

Its nasty getting off it .. bad headaches, i went cold turkey, didnt scale it down like some suggest.

The stuff even increases my heart rate, which i dont think is good.

Funny how they product place it everywhere in Hollywood films, which we know are designed to dispense propaganda and programs.

If i made a youtube video of clips all the well known films scenes, where they pimp coffee, it would be a fkn long vid.

Just look for the cup...

^ 11-13 seconds :hahano: :facepalm:
He who is without oil shall throw the first rod.
- Compressions 13.3:1

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 28 May 2018 11:10 #164

• porridge
  • Silver Member
The goy need to know..

(((My))) Banana & yogurt organic Kosher Lassi.

3 West bank nanas
1 pot of (((Rachels))) organic Kosher melon or Blueberry yogurt.
200ml organic rice milk :up:
Egyptian Cinnamon
1 tablespoon Rothschild Kosher honey.

Blend & consume

Oy Vey
“Hitlerism enables us to convert all Jews to Zionism” - Nahum Sokolow World Zionist president 1933.

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 13 Jan 2019 19:35 #165

• Flare
Forest Fruit - Chili Smootie

A very easy to make, delicious recipe for a smoothie which is good for dieting as well.

The bit of chili gives that extra sparkle to the forest fruits which makes it taste like some sort of life-elixir.

- 300 ml Almond milk
- 1 spoon Vanilla extract
- a little bit Chili powder
- 1 x Banana
- 250 grams Forest fruit

Put all the above in a blender --> blend --> drink or put in the fridge

Forest fruits can be bought frozen in a package in the super-market, however, to get these fresh is better of course.

You can’t understand the world without understanding the Truth of WW2 and you can’t truly understand WW2 without understanding the Truth of WW1. And to get the full picture you need to understand who the German people were as a race and culture before these world wars were created to crush them.

Last Edit: 13 Jan 2019 19:38 by Flare.

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 27 Jun 2019 21:16 #166

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
mediterranean olive oil vegetable dishes:

I am most familiar with the turkish style tho greek is similar

i usualy do dried beans (cannelini or pinto) - soak beans in water and a tbsp of bicarbonate of soda for 24 hrs. 150 gms is a good amount

drain rinse and bring to boil - drain and rinse - bring back to boil - reduce heat to simmer - really low heat otherwise beans may disintegrate. DO NOT ADD SALT beans will not cook sometimes beans need to be allowed to stand in cooking water to get soft

meanwhile finely dice an onion and saute in extra virgin olive oil til soft - i add water to help if u like garlic cut a clove in half and when softened u can mash to pulp - u like more garlic - use more.

dice a carrot into small pieces and add to onions with water and cook through - take a a big tomato and dice and add to to carrots

add some( a small one will do) waxy potato diced same size and cook through then add the beans and enough water to cover with salt ( i prefer sea salt or himalayan) to taste and yes some sugar. also some celeriac though celery seeds work ( easy option - not much about 1/4 tsp). add more xvoil

simmer beans onions and carrots and tomatoes very low heat - add chopped dill during this stage - cook slowly - you dont want beans to break up. Final dish will be slightly soupy with each vegetable and beans distinct.

Eat at room temnperature with rice pilaf or bulkgur pilaf,

Truth is anti-semitic
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 28 Jun 2019 17:38 #167

• Flare
One Skillet Cashew Chicken Stir Fry

This EASY 20 minute One Skillet Cashew Chicken Stir Fry is the perfect weeknight meal that is healthy, full of flavor and perfect for your weekly meal prep!

You guys one pot meals are totally my jam. I mean you can never go wrong throwing a ton of chicken and fresh veggies into one single skillet and tossing it all together with a delicious peanut sauce! Not only is this recipe perfect for your weekly meal prep (because I must say these leftovers are even better a day later), but there is little to no clean up which makes this dish the perfect weeknight meal!

For this recipe (and similar ones like it), I always try to pre-chop my veggies after I buy them so that when I’m ready to cook I can just throw everything into the pan. That’s the great thing about meal prep, I try to cook all our lunches for the week on Sundays, but our dinners I like to make fresh each night so pre-chopping everything saves me so much time!

But not only does this make an easy weeknight dinner, but the leftovers taste even better the next day for a healthy lunch! The sauce might be my favorite part too. It’s creamy, lightly sweet and I literally want to drizzle it on everything! There isn’t much spice in this recipe, but feel free to add a tablespoon of Sriracha or red pepper flakes if you like a little heat. I mean you know I am ALL about Sriracha these days as seen here, here and even here, you literally can’t go wrong because the stuff is so good! So yes totally add some to this recipe if you need that good kick!

Doesn’t that look delicious?!

I have been all about quick dinners like this lately since we’re still waiting for our house to be finished. Most of my kitchen stuff is all packed away so anything I can make that fits easily into one pan and gives us meals for the next few days is just perfect for us! Our closing date for the house is in just two short weeks and I can’t tell you how excited we are! We literally started this process back in August so it has been a long (but enjoyable!) 10 months of picking every detail, saving every penny, packing, and just waiting. To say we are ready to move would be an understatement!

Hope you enjoy this One Skillet Cashew Chicken Stir Fry as much as we did and remember to tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #eatyourselfskinnyrecipe if you end up making this! I LOVE seeing all your photos and delicious food!

One Skillet Cashew Chicken Stir Fry

Serves: 6 Servings

Ingredients

- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- ½ cup carrots, julienned
- ⅓ cup unsalted cashews
- 4 green onions, chopped

For the sauce:

- 4 Tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- 3 Tbsp all-natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 2 or 3 Tbsp water

Instructions

1. To make the sauce, whisk together tamari (or soy sauce), peanut butter, honey, sesame oil, and grated ginger in a small bowl. Whisk in 2 or 3 tablespoons of water, depending on the consistency you prefer, and set aside.

2. In a large skillet over medium heat, drizzle olive oil and add chicken. Season with salt and pepper and sauté until lightly browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds, mixing it with the chicken.

3. Add broccoli, bell pepper, snap peas and carrots to the skillet, incorporating everything together. Cook an additional 5 minutes, until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through, then add cashews and green onions and drizzle the peanut sauce over top.

4. Mix everything together with the sauce, coating well, and cook for one more minute. Serve and enjoy!

Nutritional Information
Serving Size: 1 cup • Calories: 268 • Fat: 12.4 g • Saturated Fat: 2.3 g • Carbs: 17.3 g • Fiber: 3.1 g • Protein: 21.3 g • Sugars: 8.8 g • WW Freestyle Points: 6

www.eatyourselfskinny.com/one-skillet-cashew-chicken-stir-fry/

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 28 Jun 2019 17:45 #168

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 71, right winger, Christian, English
Question- when I was a kid our mam used to cook us portions of beautiful melt-in-the-mouth steaks, but try as I might I can't do mine as nice as that.
I buy a steak from the grocers and throw it in the frying pan and flip it from time to time, but it always comes out like a rubber ice-hockey puck, hard to chew and even harder to swallow, what am I doing wrong?

PS- Some is labelled 'Sirloin' and some is 'Rump', but what's the difference, they both seem the same to me?
Last Edit: 28 Jun 2019 17:45 by Ugh.

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 28 Jun 2019 18:35 #169

• Flare
Ugh wrote:
Question- when I was a kid our mam used to cook us portions of beautiful melt-in-the-mouth steaks, but try as I might I can't do mine as nice as that.
I buy a steak from the grocers and throw it in the frying pan and flip it from time to time, but it always comes out like a rubber ice-hockey puck, hard to chew and even harder to swallow, what am I doing wrong?

PS- Some is labelled 'Sirloin' and some is 'Rump', but what's the difference, they both seem the same to me?

Well, I think it also depends on where you buy the steak.

As I've noticed a steak from the supermarket tends to be less tender and tasteful than one from the butcher.

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 28 Jun 2019 19:29 #170

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
This is a typical steak I buy from the local grocers, shrink-wrapped and about 6 inches long. I hate the yukky skin but at least I can cut it off and leave it on my windowsill for the seagulls.
There's a butchers in town but I'm too lazy to walk that far.
My dear old granma used to get steaks from the butchers and before cooking them she'd cut off a small lump for me to chew, and even now 60 years later I can still remember it tasted of blood, great stuff
..:)

Last Edit: 28 Jun 2019 19:30 by Ugh.

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 28 Jun 2019 22:33 #171

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member

Here you go ugh - you can see rump ans sirloin are from different bits

Truth is anti-semitic
User(s) who Liked this post: Ugh

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 29 Jun 2019 00:22 #172

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Voltaire wrote:

Thanks, but what's the difference, do some bits taste different to others or what?
The local grocers only sells Rump and Sirloin, I've tried both but can't notice any difference.

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 29 Jun 2019 10:32 #173

• annabelle
  • Silver Member
BERRY + YOGURT SMOOTHIE

Ingredients

* 1 1/2 cups frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and/or blackberries)

* 1 small banana, optional (but adds extra creaminess!)

* 3/4 cup Greek yogurt or non-dairy yogurt

* 1/2 cup or water

* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or ground vanilla bean powder, optional

Instructions

Place ingredients into your blender, blend until smooth, add extra splash of water as needed.

simple-veganista.com/berry-yogurt-smoothie/

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 01 Jul 2019 02:45 #174

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
Ugh wrote:
Voltaire wrote:

Thanks, but what's the difference, do some bits taste different to others or what?
The local grocers only sells Rump and Sirloin, I've tried both but can't notice any difference.

Ugh if you want your steak to be tender & juicy, about an hour before cooking it put about half a teaspoon of course sea salt on either side and gently massage it into the fibres with your fingers, leave it for about an hour, this will create a tenderising brine, then just prior to cooking wash the salt off under a tap of running water. and pat it dry with some kitchen paper towel.
Once a hyena always a hyena.
Last Edit: 01 Jul 2019 03:01 by Frothy.

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 01 Jul 2019 02:55 #175

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Frothy wrote:
Ugh if you want your steak to be tender & juicy, about an hour before cooking it put about half a teaspoon of course sea salt on either side and gently massage it into the fibres with your fingers, leave it for about an hour, this will create a tenderising brine, then just prior to cooking wash the salt off under a tap of running water. The pat it dry using some kitchen paper towel,

Thanks mate but what does "cooking" mean?
I haven't got an oven, I've only got hobs so I usually fry the steak in oil in a frying pan.
Shall I try it in the microwave?

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 01 Jul 2019 03:03 #176

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
Ugh wrote:
Frothy wrote:
Ugh if you want your steak to be tender & juicy, about an hour before cooking it put about half a teaspoon of course sea salt on either side and gently massage it into the fibres with your fingers, leave it for about an hour, this will create a tenderising brine, then just prior to cooking wash the salt off under a tap of running water. The pat it dry using some kitchen paper towel,

Thanks mate but what does "cooking" mean?
I haven't got an oven, I've only got hobs so I usually fry the steak in oil in a frying pan.
Shall I try it in the microwave?

Fry it, when you see red (blood) juice appear on the upper surface turn it over for about the same time again.

An alternative and quicker way to tenderise it is to lightly pound it with a meat mallet prior to cooking, that's what they often do in restaurants because it's quicker.
Last Edit: 01 Jul 2019 03:58 by Frothy.

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 01 Jul 2019 03:20 #177

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
Don't use much oil, Your best option will be to get a griddle pan like this.

They come in lots of different designs but as long as it has the grid feature that's all that really matters.
Last Edit: 01 Jul 2019 03:25 by Frothy.

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 01 Jul 2019 13:08 #178

• Frothy
  • Platinum Member
  • True life is elsewhere
He's a demonstration of how to griddle steak Ugh.

He's lightly pounded his steak between two sheets of cling film to tenderise it.

ps you want it to be at room temperature before cooking so take it out of the fridge about half an hour before.
Last Edit: 01 Jul 2019 13:15 by Frothy.

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 01 Jul 2019 13:34 #179

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
i have one of those griddles - (actually 2) and they are good, but i have some de buyer mineral b carbon steel pans and tend to use those. use clarified butter (ghee) to fry the steak - about 30 seconds each side (on high heat) as i like my steaks blue (ie still raw in the middle). not everyone's taste. of course how thick the steak is dictates how long to cook it. blumenthal does a constant flipping technique

Truth is anti-semitic

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 02 Jul 2019 16:55 #180

• Flare
Frothy wrote:
He's a demonstration of how to griddle steak Ugh.

He's lightly pounded his steak between two sheets of cling film to tenderise it.

ps you want it to be at room temperature before cooking so take it out of the fridge about half an hour before.

O you're such a kind person. :)

Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare