Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 29 Sep 2016 01:08 #81

• Flare
Ok, will see the recipe tomorrow. :)

Perhaps you also have a recipe for frogs legs? ;)
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum, Grolongo

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 29 Sep 2016 04:34 #82

• Gaia
  • Gold Member
Flare wrote:
Ok, will see the recipe tomorrow. :)

Perhaps you also have a recipe for frogs legs? ;)

Those hairy unshaven legs of Ze Frau-with-new-avatar?

I'll pass, thank you verry muts.
The Only Limit is Your Own Imagination
A truth seeker is someone who dares to wade through thick series of toxic smoke screens and tries not to inhale - Gaia
"What do you call 'genius'?" "Well, seeing things others don't see. Or rather the invisible links between things."
- Vladimir Nabokov (1938)
"The silence of conspiracy. Slaughtered on the altar of apathy." - Lords of the New Church (1982)

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 29 Sep 2016 19:07 #83

• Flare
Ingredients: (8 servings)

800g free-range beef
mangalica lard
2 large onions
6 garlic cloves
1 cup tomato paste

1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sichuan pepper
2 tsp. paprika
2-3 bay leaves
250ml homemade red wine
2l water

User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 24 Nov 2016 15:09 #84

• Flare
The Ultimate Winter recipe: Dutch Pea Soup

Believe me ladies and gentlemen, this is what you want to eat when it's freezing and/or snowing outside. :)

Snert: real Dutch pea soup

Dutch cuisine has few internationally known highlights. Gouda cheese is one them, maatjesharing (young herring eaten slightly salted but essentially raw) is another. Snert or pea soup is also an icon of Dutch cuisine. As with all traditional recipes Dutch pea soup is made in many different ways. It is an ideal soup to make in large quantities for big gatherings, or to put in a freezer in portions for one or two persons.
Real Dutch pea soup is made with pork. However, on this site you can also find two recipes for meatless pea soup, and a special stock for Lent, also made from peas.

Snert must be very thick: a spoon should be able to remain upright in the middle of the pan. To reach the preferred thickness you must prepare the soup one day in advance and reheat it very carefully before serving. The microwave oven is ideal for reheating one or two portions, but if you want to reheat a whole pan of soup you can either place it in a moderate heated oven and stir occasionally (no plastic handles on the pan or cover!), or on the stove on very slow fire, again stirring occasionally. If the heat is too strong you will get a thick black cake on the bottom of the pan.

Sausage

The sausage which is traditionally added to the soup is "Gelderse rookworst": smoked pork sausage from which the ends are tied together, originally from the province Gelderland in the Netherlands. You can use other smoked pork sausage instead, or Frankfurters.

The recipe

Ingredients for about 3 litres (6 to 12 persons):

500 gram (2 1/2 cup) split peas
1 piece of gammon with bone, or pork hock, about 500 gram (1 pound), or spareribs, or two pig's trotters
100 gram (3 ounces) streaky bacon or Dutch "sauerkraut bacon": streaky pork, salted but not smoked, preferrably with rind
1 smoked sausage
2 large onions, chopped not too small
1 large carrot
2 leeks

1 celeriac
2 potatoes
1 bunch celery
pepper and salt to taste
2 litre (8 cups/4pints) water to start with
bread or rye bread (pumpernickel), with -if you can get it- slices of "katenspek" (lightly streaked pork, first boiled and then smoked black)

Preparation
Rinse the split peas in a sieve under the running tap. Split peas don't need soaking in water. Bring water to the boil with the peas, gammon and bacon. Let it boil and skim off the floating scum. Pour all water off, rinse peas (and meat) again and put them back on the fire with clean water.
Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables:
Cut the skin of the celeriac, peel the potatoes, and dice celeriac and potatoes. Peel the carrot and dice it. Cut the leeks and wash them. Add the vegetables to the pan and let simmer until the peas are done (one and a half to two hours, the split peas must be broken).
Take the meat out of the pan, remove rind and bones, and cut in small pieces. Return the meat to the pan. Wash the sprigs of celery, and chop or cut the leaves. Twenty minutes before the end of cooking, add the whole smoked sausage and the celery. Taste, finish off with pepper and salt.
The pea soup is still fairly liquid. Let it cool completely and reheat it the next day, or freeze in portions. When you want to freeze the soup, add the smoked sausage when reheating, or divide the sausage in equal quantities over the portions.

Reheating the soup
Take care when you reheat the soup to do this very gently and stirring frequently, to prevent a thick black crust forming on the bottom of the pan. To heat smaller amounts, use the microwave. Another way to heat a large amount of snert is placing the whole pan (with ovenproof handles!) in the oven at 120dgC/250oF. But even then, stir the soup once in a while.

To serve
In large bowls, with bread. Older cookbooks (nineteeth century) prescribe toasted white bread, later cookbooks rye bread (pumpernickel), with katenspek (cooked and smoked bacon) or other cooked and smoked streaky bacon. And no one will punish you if you use French bread instead of rye bread.

www.coquinaria.nl/english/recipes/Dutchpeasoup.htm
Last Edit: 24 Nov 2016 15:10 by Flare.
User(s) who Liked this post: PFIZIPFEI, Grolongo

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 24 Nov 2016 22:51 #85

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Thanks for this recipe, Flare, it looks and sounds delicious
(and very German ;) )

Winter is the right time for substancial soups and I hope to add one of my favourites to your inspirational idea soon.

:)

P.S. I'd recommend to do the same with your microwave oven as with your tv :coolio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQGVeBrDA58
"The truth must be repeated over and over again,
because error is repeatedly preached among us, not
only by individuals, but by the masses. In periodicals
and cyclopaedias, in schools and universities; every-
where, in fact, error prevails, and is quite easy in the
feeling that it has a decided majority on its side."

~ J. W. v. Goethe

Johannes Lang "The Hollow World Theory" Blog
My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 24 Nov 2016 22:55 by PFIZIPFEI.
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 25 Nov 2016 01:14 #86

• Flare
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Yes... it is the ideal winter recipe and tastes delicious indeed while having some bread with it.

Hardly using my microwave anymore since I've seen some vids on what kind of radiation comes off those things. Crazy.
And my wife still watches t.v... altho sometimes I have to tell her to zap to another channel when I notice she's watching some absolute $#@# program. :chuckle:

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 30 Nov 2016 23:45 #87

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
German Bread Blog (has translation capacity so english speakers can benefit)

My guess is that the "anstellgut" in the english translation = starter (sourdough -)

www.ploetzblog.de/

Truth is anti-semitic

The Holocaust Deniers Triad of Traits 05 Dec 2016 21:38 #88

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Voltaire wrote:
Holoschweinsehaxe promoters :facepalm:

The only question that remains:

smoked, cooked or grilled?

:roll: We should post a few recipes on the corresponding thread :yup:

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 05 Dec 2016 21:43 by PFIZIPFEI.
User(s) who Liked this post: Voltaire

The Holocaust Deniers Triad of Traits 05 Dec 2016 21:48 #89

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
Voltaire wrote:
Holoschweinsehaxe promoters :facepalm:

The only question that remains:

smoked, cooked or grilled?

:roll: We should post a few recipes on the corresponding thread :yup:

nice pics - i roasted one yesterday with onions and dark beer - unfortunately i let it get too dark but the meat was stilly tasty (rubbed with garlic and lard, salt and caraway) with kraut and potato dumplings (baked and mashed and some grated raw then browned in butter) couldnt eat the whole of it though

Truth is anti-semitic
Last Edit: 05 Dec 2016 21:49 by Voltaire.

The Holocaust Deniers Triad of Traits 05 Dec 2016 22:04 #90

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Voltaire wrote:
nice pics - i roasted one yesterday with onions and dark beer - unfortunately i let it get too dark but the meat was stilly tasty (rubbed with garlic and lard, salt and caraway) with kraut and potato dumplings (baked and mashed and some grated raw then browned in butter) couldnt eat the whole of it though

Sounds delicious!

Beer or salt make the rind especially crunchy on the outside.

I prefer the Kraut a bit sweet or Bavarian Kraut, which is half raw - just between salad and cooked - with Speck bits and Rohe Klöße (raw dumplings), as we call them, which are made from raw potatoes only, without flour or cooked potatoes.

What exactly did you brown in butter? Did you stuff the dumplings with bread cubes roasted in butter?

That's how my grandma used to make them.

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 05 Dec 2016 22:06 by PFIZIPFEI.

The Holocaust Deniers Triad of Traits 05 Dec 2016 22:12 #91

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Rat wrote:
How sad, the old Gestapo gang tactic of derailing threads when they have had their arses kicked, anyhow I'll ask novum to delete your cookery posts later.

Too late, I already asked Zorro to move them directly to the Recipes Thread.

You are very much welcome to share your favourite Holo-Schweinshaxe à la Rat recipe :)

I will gladly refrain from going into details for most obvious reasons.

;)

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

The Holocaust Deniers Triad of Traits 05 Dec 2016 23:02 #92

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
Rat wrote:
Pfff I'll wait for the real moderator to do it, but no thanks cookery posts are not my thing, neither is the weather or walking a dog on the beach.

I do hope that you decide to be honest about the holocaust and stop all the lies and cheats about what words mean and all the rest of the nonsense, If you want to dislike Jews be my guest but there's no reason to pretend that none of them were gassed in the German prison camps when they so obviously were.

You'd be as well arguing that WW2 did not occur at all, Hitler was a pacifist who spent his time knitting hats and scarfs for the Poles, and Mussolini whipped them up a lovely hot bowl of Minestrone soup.

The Jews all had a lovely time in their holiday camps, what with swimming pools and orchestras, brothels and peep shows, and then at the end of the war the decided to throw themselves into furnaces and incineration pits because they wanted to make him look bad, how rude eh, after all the nice things good ole dolfy did for them.

Mean ole Jews, drat, how ungrateful, old dolfy was only tying to save them from typhus, and Himmie wanted to uproot them like he was potting plants in his garden that had spent the winter in his potting shed.

Mean ole Jews eh?

Delicious and Easy Vegetarian Minestrone Soup Recipe

In Italian, minestrone means “big soup,” and there’s no more appropriate moniker for this Italian classic. Minestrone is a soup that’s full of enough flavors, textures, and nutrients to be the perfect one-pot dinner, and what’s more, it’s super easy to make. This vegetarian minestrone soup recipe is great to make in large quantities, with one exception: the pasta. You’ll want to add just enough pasta to the soup that you’re serving, otherwise it will swell and absorb all of the broth, becoming mushy and unpalatable in the process.

While this is my favorite way to make minestrone, you can actually add all sorts of different ingredients to it: green beans, cabbage, kale, winter root veggies… anything goes, as long as it’s fresh and tasty.

As written, the soup is actually vegan as well as being vegetarian, but those who eat dairy can feel free to add a Parmesan rind to the soup as it simmers for a hint more umami flavor, or even bacon or pancetta for even more flavor.

Ingredients

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 onions, minced
2 zucchini, diced
2 carrots, diced
1/2 cauliflower, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
28-ounces whole, peeled tomatoes
1 cup white beans, soaked overnight
10 leaves fresh basil, chiffonade (or 1 tablespoon prepared pesto)
salt and pepper

2 ounces whole wheat ditalini or elbow pasta per person

Directions

Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot. Add the onions, season with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until brown and caramelized. Add the zucchini, carrots, and cauliflower, and continue cooking until lightly golden brown. Add the garlic, and cook 1 minute, until it becomes fragrant, then add the juice from the tomatoes, and reduce the heat.

Use your hands to squash the whole tomatoes as you add them to the pot. Drain the soaked white beans and add them to the pot as well. Fill the tomato can or jar if using with water, and add the water to the pot. Otherwise, add 28 ounces of water (about 3.5 cups). Cook, uncovered, for about 2 hours, or until the white beans are tender. Season with salt, pepper, and basil or pesto.

The soup, prepared to this point, can be kept in the fridge for up to a week, or frozen for up to 6 months.

When ready to serve, dish out enough soup for the number of people you are serving, and add the pasta and half of the pasta’s volume in water to the soup. Season with a touch more salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then serve.

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI

The Holocaust Deniers Triad of Traits 06 Dec 2016 01:14 #93

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
PFIZIPFEI wrote:
Voltaire wrote:

Sounds delicious!

Beer or salt make the rind especially crunchy on the outside.

I prefer the Kraut a bit sweet or Bavarian Kraut, which is half raw - just between salad and cooked - with Speck bits and Rohe Klöße (raw dumplings), as we call them, which are made from raw potatoes only, without flour or cooked potatoes.

What exactly did you brown in butter? Did you stuff the dumplings with bread cubes roasted in butter?

That's how my grandma used to make them.

I didnt have bread to stuff the dumplings with so they were made from just potatoes with added cornflour and potato starch. I fried them in butter. I added molasses sugar and cox' apples and onions fried in lard to the kraut plus a bit of rich beef stock - it was a brown colour when done. I think poles add dried prunes to kraut when they may bigos and i have tried this too and it was good.

Truth is anti-semitic

The Holocaust Deniers Triad of Traits 06 Dec 2016 19:16 #94

• PFIZIPFEI
  • Platinum Member
  • WORDS are my SWORD
You are frying dumplings? :O

I would like to know what they look like.

This is what mine look like, cooked

expand

Although these are Thüringer (Thuringian) Klöße, which are made with 1/3 cooked and not only raw potatoes. :)

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Th%C3%BCringer_Kl%C3%B6%C3%9Fe
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kartoffelklo%C3%9F#Rohe_Kartoffelkl.C3.B6.C3.9Fe

Bayerische (Bavarian) Klöße: germanfood.about.com/od/potatoesandnoodles/r/kartoffkloesse.htm
Schlesische (Silesian) Klöße: www.quick-german-recipes.com/raw-potato-dumplings.html

There are uncountable various recipes but I prefer the raw potatoes only version ;)

In fact I buy raw dough

from which you can also make delicious Kartoffelpuffer or Baggers or whatever they are regionally called

which are served with Apfelmus :)

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kartoffelpuffer

~ J. W. v. Goethe

My Zone by PFIZIPFEI
Last Edit: 06 Dec 2016 20:08 by PFIZIPFEI.

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 12 Apr 2017 10:31 #95

• Flare

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 12 Apr 2017 10:41 #96

• novum
  • Platinum Member
1365 = 1

1.1365 = 1,283,305,580,313,352

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 12 Apr 2017 12:40 #97

• annabelle
  • Silver Member
User(s) who Liked this post: Flare

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 12 Apr 2017 13:29 #98

• Flare
annabelle wrote:

Damn that looks good!

I'll notify the wife. :chuckle:

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 12 Apr 2017 17:30 #99

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
I tried that way of making mayo yday. Very impressed after years of throwing away the egg whites and drizzling oil in drop by drop.

Truth is anti-semitic

RECIPES - Healthy & Delicious Dishes 12 Apr 2017 19:46 #100

• Flare
Voltaire wrote:
I tried that way of making mayo yday. Very impressed after years of throwing away the egg whites and drizzling oil in drop by drop.

How's the taste? Good?
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare