Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Top heart doctor: Unprocessed fatty foods may actually be good for you....

Top heart doctor: Unprocessed fatty foods may actually be good for you.... 23 Oct 2013 22:25 #1

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Top heart doctor: Unprocessed fatty foods may actually be good for you
Four decades of medical wisdom may be wrong

Four decades of medical wisdom that cutting down on saturated fats reduces our risk of heart disease may be wrong, a top cardiologist has said. Fatty foods that have not been processed – such as butter, cheese, eggs and yoghurt – can even be good for the heart, and repeated advice that we should cut our fat intake may have actually increased risks of heart disease, said Dr Aseem Malhotra......
www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/top-heart-doctor-unprocessed-fatty-foods-may-actually-be-good-for-you-8897707.html
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, Frog, cantata, jonb

Top heart doctor: Unprocessed fatty foods may actually be good for you.... 23 Oct 2013 22:37 #2

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Fatty foods might be good for you? My heart leaps
I have long reasoned that, for me, the pleasure of butter outweighs the risk........

www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/fatty-foods-might-be-good-for-you-my-heart-leaps-8899487.html
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata, jonb

Top heart doctor: Unprocessed fatty foods may actually be good for you.... 23 Oct 2013 22:41 #3

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
I now eat butter (rather than the ''healthier'' options).

At least its natural.
The pen is mightier than the sword
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, jonb

Top heart doctor: Unprocessed fatty foods may actually be good for you.... 23 Oct 2013 23:02 #4

• jonb
Fats are not the problem they are part of the natural diet, it is processed fats and sugars, this has been spoken about frequently on the food programme on Radio 4, which I think is one of the most anti establishment programs in the media because when you listen to it for a number of episodes it starts to construct a picture.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, pheony

Top heart doctor: Unprocessed fatty foods may actually be good for you.... 23 Oct 2013 23:47 #5

• cantata
  • Silver Member
pheony wrote:
Fatty foods might be good for you? My heart leaps
I have long reasoned that, for me, the pleasure of butter outweighs the risk........

www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/fatty-foods-might-be-good-for-you-my-heart-leaps-8899487.html

There's no "might be" to it. They are. Good butter is far better for you than plastic margarines. The healthiest butter is Kerrygold - the ordinary one, not the soft or light version.

And effective exercise (I know some "scientists" have started to claim that exercise does not help, but it does):

"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
Last Edit: 23 Oct 2013 23:49 by cantata.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, pheony

Top heart doctor: Unprocessed fatty foods may actually be good for you.... 23 Oct 2013 23:56 #6

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
How margarine is made.....

www.spingola.com/margarine.html

User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Top heart doctor: Unprocessed fatty foods may actually be good for you.... 23 Oct 2013 23:59 #7

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
diamondgeezer wrote:
I now eat butter (rather than the ''healthier'' options).

At least its natural.

About time too. :coffee:
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer

Top heart doctor: Unprocessed fatty foods may actually be good for you.... 24 Oct 2013 00:00 #8

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten

:nono:

^I until quite recently ate Clover....it spreads well straight out of the fridge....tastes quite nice.....but lets face it....its one molecule away from plastic really isn't it.

Top heart doctor: Unprocessed fatty foods may actually be good for you.... 24 Oct 2013 00:15 #9

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
diamondgeezer wrote:

^I until quite recently ate Clover....it spreads well straight out of the fridge....tastes quite nice.....but lets face it....its one molecule away from plastic really isn't it.

It tastes disgusting, but I don't think it really is one molecule away from plastic.....

"Margarine is one molecule away from plastic."

This is by far one of the more popular myths. Simply put: This is not true. Many substances share similar chemical structures or compositions, but it's the variations in these structures or ways they are arranged that make a difference in their properties and to the end product. Most types of margarine are blends of vegetable oils, while plastics are usually a polymer (chain of repeating molecules) of ethylene molecules (four hydrogen atoms and two carbon atoms). Even if they were both made from vegetable oil the variation in their chemical structures would result in different end products. So adding another molecule to margarine does not turn it into plastic. The bottom line is that many substances share similar chemical properties but even the smallest variation can set them a world apart in terms of what they are.

www.huffingtonpost.com/samara-foisy/margarine-vs-butter_b_3617455.html

Top heart doctor: Unprocessed fatty foods may actually be good for you.... 24 Oct 2013 01:12 #10

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
  • Government is simply a conspiracy against a nation!

I haven't tried the coffee with butter yet but the overall concept seems sound to me. I have never eaten marg or spreads of any description, if there's no butter I go without. I think using lard for cooking is also much better than modern vegetable oils. Chips shops used to use lard back in the 70's and chips were amazing. I can't eat the slimy shit with a foul after taste that they serve in chip shops these days. Vegetable fats and oils also become carcinogenic when heated unlike animal fats.

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James
Last Edit: 24 Oct 2013 01:24 by Frog.
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, cantata

Top heart doctor: Unprocessed fatty foods may actually be good for you.... 24 Oct 2013 01:19 #11

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
pheony wrote:
diamondgeezer wrote:

It tastes disgusting, but I don't think it really is one molecule away from plastic.....

"Margarine is one molecule away from plastic."

This is by far one of the more popular myths. Simply put: This is not true. Many substances share similar chemical structures or compositions, but it's the variations in these structures or ways they are arranged that make a difference in their properties and to the end product. Most types of margarine are blends of vegetable oils, while plastics are usually a polymer (chain of repeating molecules) of ethylene molecules (four hydrogen atoms and two carbon atoms). Even if they were both made from vegetable oil the variation in their chemical structures would result in different end products. So adding another molecule to margarine does not turn it into plastic. The bottom line is that many substances share similar chemical properties but even the smallest variation can set them a world apart in terms of what they are.

www.huffingtonpost.com/samara-foisy/margarine-vs-butter_b_3617455.html

Aspartame is a prime example of that as it's close to a natural cellulose on a molecular level but when it's ingested the body treats it totally differently. High Fructose sugars also get metabolised differently to natural beet and cane sugars, even though they are similar in their molecular compositions.

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." William James
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony

Top heart doctor: Unprocessed fatty foods may actually be good for you.... 24 Oct 2013 01:19 #12

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
My Mum used to cook the best chips in Lard. People are being advised to use it again.

I never cook with oil and let meat cook in it's own fat.

www.weedemandreap.com/2013/02/the-top-3-reasons-why-you-should-be-eating-lard.html
Last Edit: 24 Oct 2013 01:26 by pheony.
User(s) who Liked this post: Frog

Top heart doctor: Unprocessed fatty foods may actually be good for you.... 24 Oct 2013 01:22 #13

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 

User(s) who Liked this post: pheony

Top heart doctor: Unprocessed fatty foods may actually be good for you.... 24 Oct 2013 01:33 #14

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
pheony wrote:
It tastes disgusting, but I don't think it really is one molecule away from plastic.

ok....several molecules from plastic then.... :P

And, what colour is margarine 'naturally' before they add the colouring.? Grey.

(you told me this)

Top heart doctor: Unprocessed fatty foods may actually be good for you.... 24 Oct 2013 01:40 #15

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten

Top heart doctor: Unprocessed fatty foods may actually be good for you.... 24 Oct 2013 01:44 #16

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
cantata wrote:
There's no "might be" to it. They are. Good butter is far better for you than plastic margarines. The healthiest butter is Kerrygold - the ordinary one, not the soft or light version.

If you have a Waitrose near you pop in and pick up a pack of Guernsey butter it tastes like butter used to taste back in the day and it's far superior to Kerrygold imho. Try a blind A B comparison - take two pea sized pieces (chilled) and eat them without anything else, drink some room temp water between each taste. I would be interested to know which one you prefer.

This is what you're looking for... Here's their website: http://www.guernseydairy.com/butter.html

Raw milk products are the best way to go if you can find a farm local enough to get it regularly. You can find your nearest raw milk suppliers here http://www.naturalfoodfinder.co.uk/unpasteurised-raw-milk-uk .

Last Edit: 24 Oct 2013 01:45 by Frog.

Top heart doctor: Unprocessed fatty foods may actually be good for you.... 24 Oct 2013 01:48 #17

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
diamondgeezer wrote:
pheony wrote:
It tastes disgusting, but I don't think it really is one molecule away from plastic.

ok....several molecules from plastic then.... :P

And, what colour is margarine 'naturally' before they add the colouring.? Grey.

(you told me this)

Yes, I did. :coffee:

The states of New York, Michigan, Maine, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Wisconsin all created laws to ban the sale of margarine. Other states allowed the sale of margarine but prohibited the sale of yellow margarine, accepting the artificial spread only its its whitish-grey uncolored state. The states of New Hampshire, Vermont, and South Dakota even created laws that required the margarine to be dyed pink to make it visually obvious that it was an artificial substitute for butter.
ourheritageofhealth.com/the-war-on-margarine-why-have-we-stopped-fighting/
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer, cantata

Top heart doctor: Unprocessed fatty foods may actually be good for you.... 24 Oct 2013 01:52 #18

• Frog
  • Senior Boarder 
Fix your teeth with milk and animal fats and meats.

User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Top heart doctor: Unprocessed fatty foods may actually be good for you.... 24 Oct 2013 01:52 #19

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Frog wrote:
cantata wrote:

If you have a Waitrose near you pop in and pick up a pack of Guernsey butter it tastes like butter used to taste back in the day and it's far superior to Kerrygold imho. Try a blind A B comparison - take two pea sized pieces (chilled) and eat them without anything else, drink some room temp water between each taste. I would be interested to know which one you prefer.

This is what you're looking for... Here's their website: http://www.guernseydairy.com/butter.html

Raw milk products are the best way to go if you can find a farm local enough to get it regularly. You can find your nearest raw milk suppliers here http://www.naturalfoodfinder.co.uk/unpasteurised-raw-milk-uk .

I always buy Kerrygold because it comes from grass fed cows. Is the Waitrose one the same?

Top heart doctor: Unprocessed fatty foods may actually be good for you.... 24 Oct 2013 01:56 #20

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Where to Find Butter From Grass-Fed Cows

Want to know where to find butter from grass-fed cows? I’ve said before that butter is a health food, but butter from grass-fed cows is even better — a nutritional powerhouse of vitamins A, D, & K-2, heart-disease preventing CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), and so much more.

Yet finding butter from grass-fed cows can be hard for those newly committed to doing so. Is buying certified organic butter enough? Do you absolutely need to find a local pasture-based dairy? What if there are no pasture-based dairies near you?

Consider this your guide for where to find butter from grass-fed cows.

www.foodrenegade.com/where-find-butter-from-grassfed-cows/
Last Edit: 24 Oct 2013 01:57 by pheony.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer