Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month
TRUTHSPOON.COM
The man they can't recruit!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sleep

Sleep 01 Nov 2013 19:11 #21

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
diamondgeezer wrote:
I have never watched it and know nothing about it.....never even knew it existed until now.

Will it help my sleep patterns? :D

I didn't know it existed either, until I did a search of TV programs on Netflix.

I don't think it will help your sleep patterns at all. Probably not the sort of thing that would interest a man as much as a woman.
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: diamondgeezer

Sleep 01 Nov 2013 19:32 #22

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
I've been watching old episodes of Wire In The Blood on youtube late at night/early mornings when I can't sleep.

The tv productions reflect the reading material I'm into right now.

It doesn't help much with getting back to sleep believe me, but it fills in the early hours unwanted wakeful time with its darkness, it feels strangely appropriate in a way.
The pen is mightier than the sword
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Sleep 01 Nov 2013 20:17 #23

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
diamondgeezer wrote:
I've been watching old episodes of Wire In The Blood on youtube late at night/early mornings when I can't sleep.

The tv productions reflect the reading material I'm into right now.

It doesn't help much with getting back to sleep believe me, but it fills in the early hours unwanted wakeful time with its darkness, it feels strangely appropriate in a way.

Are the TV episodes good?

Sleep 01 Nov 2013 21:01 #24

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Yes.

First part of 'The Mermaids Singing' episode, based on one of the most disturbing books I've ever read....

The rest of them are there on youtube.
The pen is mightier than the sword
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, cantata

Sleep 08 Jan 2014 00:49 #25

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
I can't sleep.

I've had nearly sleepless nights about four days in a row now... I'm on a good mood today though, even with this insomnia.. Good that I'm not drinking, it makes it worse. I've halved my coffee consumption in last two days to get some sleep. Too much coffee, good bye good night sleep for me. But it ain't helping. I'm still awake. I should 'wake up' at 8.00.

Last two nights I've got some sleep after five or six in the morning. Help me out. Working out, playing drums and doing stuff does not get me tired enough to just fall asleep. It should work, but it wont. :(
"I've often felt that dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask."
-Agent Fox Mulder

Sleep 08 Jan 2014 02:51 #26

• syxx
  • Fresh Member
Could never sleep well in winter; some years ago when I lived in the Very Far North there was a winter when my days and nights were upside down. Having a room as dark as possible is really good advice. But I also think nutrition plays a big role, too. This was my experience.

When I was ill for three years, I had a lot of nutrient deficiencies because my methylation cycle crashed. And I almost never slept. As I got some advice and learned how to sort my methylation cycle, I discovered that I was very deficient in Vit D3. This was not helped by living in a climate where winters are long and dark, and the past 10 summers have been very overcast with little sunlight, and chilly enough to make me want to wear warm clothes with sleeves, etc.

I did some reading about D3. It seems that many people are deficient and do not know it. And I hear many people saying about January or February that they have trouble sleeping, or they sleep but do not feel rested when they wake, and they feel laggy all the time.
I read that people need different amounts of D3 depending on their skin colour, but I decided to follow what Sarah Myhill, a doctor in Wales, recommends. I got some D3 and took it daily, and within a week, I was smiling all the time, my cognition had improved immensely, my blurry vision much improved, and my sleep patterns and quality were like when I was a kid. I still take it daily.

For conversion info:
1000 IUs of Vitamin D3 would be equivalent to 25.0 micrograms.

According to Dr Myhill, you need 5000 i.u. vitamin D3 in your nutritional regime. This is equivalent to 125 micrograms. This is what I have been taking for a year now.

Her web pages are here on her site. It's full of very useful and good info.

www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Vitamin_D_and_Sunshine:_an_essential_vitamin!_Protects_against_cancer,_heart_and_bone_disease

www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Vitamin_D_-_most_of_us_do_not_get_enough
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, Hexhammer, jonb

Sleep 08 Jan 2014 05:40 #27

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I can never seem to hold down a sleeping pattern. I'm only just going to bed, a couple of weeks ago I was getting up at 5:30am. If I had to get up for work, if I had a job, I'd be knackered :chuckle: I will sleep for at least five hours, although if I'm all comfortable and warm and stuff when the alarm goes off... no, I have to get up, I'm sick of rising from my pit late, it's a waste of the day.
What is it? It doesn't seem like classic insomnia... fucked sleeping pattern syndrome maybe? :chuckle:
User(s) who Liked this post: Hexhammer, jaxdreaming

Sleep 10 Jan 2014 08:58 #28

• jaxdreaming
  • Fresh Member
I've had a terrible time getting my sleep pattern sorted out... when I was seriously depressed/anxious last year I would watch films and youtube vids or listen to Terence Mckenna all night... I'd put on one of his long talks... put in headphones... was using an ipod then... and just zone in and out all night...

I also got funny about hearing any noise in the night... would be immediately awake... my teens woke me up one night and I was like a mad woman... I also didn't want to get out of bed at all for a while :(

I also listened to vids like this.... Rain on a tent... this is my fave... some have too much thunder...

Since New Years Eve I've been going to bed at about 9... coming on here and DIF (to nose and see the Ison thread... we need an Ison thread here :D ) Then I put something on to listen to... last night it was a video off here 'Out of the Blue' which is an oldie but goodie... no headphones ( a bonus ) and going to sleep for the night... a couple of nights I've manged to sleep with no vids... I've started dreaming again as well... I have complete darkness in the bedroom... no coffee after 6 pm... Camomile tea and honey... I hate feeling like shit from lack of sleep... its the worst... makes me ratty as fuck :ar:

In the evening I also don't get involved in phone calls that are upsetting (like talking to my ex) opening bills or bank statements... ... or even reading e mails that might upset me... until the morning when I've had enough coffee and nicotine to deal with it...

Aaaaaaah sleeeeeeeep :nite: :nite: :nite: :nite: :nite:
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, Hexhammer

Sleep 10 Jan 2014 13:36 #29

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
You know what guys, my sleep problems are all gone. :D Simples, I've been eating good food for last few days, less coffee, less bread, more veggies.. And I've also taken some vitamin D supplements, it seems to work, I've slept very nicely last two nights, I hope I can keep this going. :)
"I've often felt that dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask."
-Agent Fox Mulder
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, jonb, syxx, jaxdreaming

Sleep 10 Jan 2014 21:00 #30

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Well, I've just eaten my breakfast... :chuckle: I'm keeping slightly vampire-like hours at the moment, should be back to normal in a few days though. I've got to stop doing this weird sleep pattern thing.
User(s) who Liked this post: Hexhammer

Sleep 13 Jan 2014 15:44 #31

• spectero
  • Everybody Lets Rock
  • Endure
irrepressible wrote:
Well, I've just eaten my breakfast... :chuckle: I'm keeping slightly vampire-like hours at the moment, should be back to normal in a few days though. I've got to stop doing this weird sleep pattern thing.

:killinme: :killinme: :killinme: I've never ever heard that from you before. :roll:
" I was bored before I even began ".

Sleep 13 Jan 2014 15:47 #32

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
spectero wrote:
:killinme: :killinme: :killinme: I've never ever heard that from you before. :roll:

Awww, it's like old times :hug: nobody rolls eyes like you do :roll:

:D
User(s) who Liked this post: Hexhammer, spectero

Sleep 13 Jan 2014 16:26 #33

• spectero
  • Everybody Lets Rock
  • Endure
irrepressible wrote:
spectero wrote:

Awww, it's like old times :hug: nobody rolls eyes like you do :roll:

:D
:emb: :D :roll: Always has and will always be my favourite emote. And If i can squeeze one into a post...then that's a bonus. :)
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible

Sleep 13 Jan 2014 16:30 #34

• spectero
  • Everybody Lets Rock
  • Endure
Sleep?...I never sleep...maybe half a hour here and there...but I just can't sleep hours on end unless I've been drinking...I've gave up even trying....but they do say the guilty can't sleep. :) ..so whatever. :drinks:
Last Edit: 13 Jan 2014 16:30 by spectero.

Sleep 13 Jan 2014 17:57 #35

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
I seemingly have fixed my sleeping pattern again... But now I sleep too much, too long time and feel like crap when I wake up. Its never good. :D
-Agent Fox Mulder

Sleep 13 Jan 2014 18:12 #36

• Mart
  • Fresh Member
ah yes, sleeping patterns.
I think I remember them, although the last time I had a sleep pattern I was wearing a school uniform.
been kind of haphazard and mostly nocturnal since my teens

Sleep 13 Jan 2014 18:22 #37

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
I'm a night creature also... I always seem to be more energetic and awake at nights. :D During day time I feel sleepy... Even when I've slept enough at the correct time, like last night. I went to sleep yesterday at about 1.00, woke up at ten in the morning, I felt all sleepy during the day and now I feel like I'm waking up. :D
-Agent Fox Mulder
User(s) who Liked this post: Mart

Sleep 13 Jan 2014 18:35 #38

• Mart
  • Fresh Member
Hexhammer wrote:
I'm a night creature also... I always seem to be more energetic and awake at nights. :D During day time I feel sleepy... Even when I've slept enough at the correct time, like last night. I went to sleep yesterday at about 1.00, woke up at ten in the morning, I felt all sleepy during the day and now I feel like I'm waking up. :D

couple o' night owls aren't we? :ponda:
hmm, maybe some people are just born to be nocturnal, something to do with the bodies biorhythm maybe?

Sleep 13 Jan 2014 18:50 #39

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
I think so... I've been like this since I was teenager. One byproduct of my 'nightlife' was that I started to paint graffitis.. :D I've never settled into the rhythm in which people are expected to live, seven to four jobs, heck no. You can imagine how much fun I've had when I was in school. God, I hated those mornings.
-Agent Fox Mulder
User(s) who Liked this post: Mart

Sleep 13 Jan 2014 19:09 #40

• Mart
  • Fresh Member
Hexhammer wrote:
I think so... I've been like this since I was teenager. One byproduct of my 'nightlife' was that I started to paint graffitis.. :D I've never settled into the rhythm in which people are expected to live, seven to four jobs, heck no. You can imagine how much fun I've had when I was in school. God, I hated those mornings.

iHahaha I can just imagine, innocent schoolboy by day but at night he transforms into the spray paint bandit :secret: :D
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare