Your donations are appreciated and help keep this site running. Even the smallest amount helps.
Thankyou

PROMOTE YOUR SITE
HERE
Only $3 USD/month

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Harsh View of "Scandinavia"?

Harsh View of "Scandinavia"? 04 Feb 2014 19:33 #1

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Or an accurate picture?

www.alternet.org/world/grim-truth-behind-scandinavian-miracle

It will be especially interesting to hear from our two "Scandinavian" residents - Hex in Finland and username in Denmark.

:)
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: Hexhammer

Harsh View of "Scandinavia"? 04 Feb 2014 19:48 #2

• Paul Tootall
  • Fresh Member
  • Currently researching things they don't want you to know
I am obviously not from Scandinavia ( Sweden ), Ex-pat Yorkshireman, living in the wilds of Cumbria ( well Carlisle), but I have a few Scandinavian friends online that I have had for a fair few years, we met playing online games, skype, instant message ect.

One is about my age and is selling up totally and moving to Turkey, weird, he feels that his entire country has been destroyed, he calls it the Feminazification of Sweden. He thinks his country is lost, totally.

The other couple I know, they are a couple, cannot find work at all, they try and try, but the amount of immigrants is destoying their chances of getting full time work, and their social security benefits have been getting cut more and more. Well, thats what they say. I don't live there, but many of them and their friends are really starting to get pissed off they say.

These comments are not my own, I don't live there and have zero experience of Sweden. They just feel like their country is going to shit in a shit storm, and people are really starting to get pissed off. Some are even saying that they feel it is a plan to destroy their cultural identity. Which, looking at the UK, I can equate to.
User(s) who Liked this post: Hexhammer, cantata

Harsh View of "Scandinavia"? 04 Feb 2014 20:29 #3

• cantata
  • Silver Member
That's sad, Paul. I'm one of the group that views the Scandinavian countries as Utopias where everyone does well and they all want the vulnerable cared for too. I used to want to go and live in Sweden (or Denmark) except it's too cold.

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

Harsh View of "Scandinavia"? 04 Feb 2014 20:32 #4

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
That was a very interesting read, cantata. I've never been tempted by the Scandinavian countries though!
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Harsh View of "Scandinavia"? 04 Feb 2014 20:33 #5

• Paul Tootall
  • Fresh Member
From what they have said, and what you yourself can look up online, you will soon see that they are just lies to con people. The entire area is been islamified and fast. Soon, just like here in the UK, the native people will be a minority. I DO NOT blame the immigrants one bit, who can blame them, coming from shit holes they live in they must think they are coming to the promised land ( cold though it is) I bet many think they are getting away from their Imans and mad religions to... then find they are already set up here as well.

Harsh View of "Scandinavia"? 04 Feb 2014 20:34 #6

• Paul Tootall
  • Fresh Member
pheony wrote:
That was a very interesting read, cantata. I've never been tempted by the Scandinavian countries though!

Been a single divorced bloke in his 40's..... I have to admit... there is one reason I have been tempted by Scandinavian countries hehe
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, cantata

Harsh View of "Scandinavia"? 04 Feb 2014 20:45 #7

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
Now this is a thread in my liking. I've been talking about how things are in Finland quite a lot already... It's not too qutesy-rosy-cool here either. But I would say Sweden, is fucked up. Their policy with immigration and what ever else is completely fucked up. Pauls friends are more of less right about what they say.

I think Norway is the best place in North. They have no imigration problem, no EU, they have their own money and they haven't allowed outside interests to steal their wealth(oil) and so on. Norway, I would move there, if my life here wouldn't restrict me of doing so.

Denmark, not too good there either I think. I dunno, its been few years since I were there last time.

Finland is getting assfucked by EU and unemployment. And immigration, although its not that bad as it is in Sweden. But the grim future of masses of unemployed and frustrated immigrants, its coming here too, unless our policymakers will change the laws. But for an immigrant, its much easier to get to Sweden than it is to Finland. I've got an Hungarian friend who didn't get citizenship, he tired and tried and he was just bounced between agencies and he didn't get it. Funny that, Finland takes any muslims, black people, who ever, other Europeans, nope.

And one thing that's fucked here too is propaganda. Media is all over gay everything, immigration everything, tolerance everything, racism everything, muslims, EU and what not... Quite close what media does in Sweden also. But here's the deal, people don't believe goddamn half about all that crap what papers are saying these days. ;) Finns have this thing, that they don't trust 'the lords' too much. Meaning businesspeople and politicians. Usually stuff is quietly accepted, but behind their backs, there's a kettle nearing a boiling point.

No wonder anti EU parties (such as True Finns) are getting a lot of visibility.
"I've often felt that dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask."
-Agent Fox Mulder

Harsh View of "Scandinavia"? 04 Feb 2014 20:48 #8

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Paul Tootall wrote:
pheony wrote:

Been a single divorced bloke in his 40's..... I have to admit... there is one reason I have been tempted by Scandinavian countries hehe

Dirty sod! :coffee:

:D

Harsh View of "Scandinavia"? 04 Feb 2014 20:49 #9

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
I would say that the countries which are less fucked up in here are Finland, Norway and Island.

Anyway, Scandinavia is a good place to live, compared to many other countries, its better here than in UK for example, well, as far as I know. But Scnadinavia sure ain't that rosy utopia of wealth and safety as what many foreign people tend to think.
"I've often felt that dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask."
-Agent Fox Mulder

Harsh View of "Scandinavia"? 04 Feb 2014 20:55 #10

• Paul Tootall
  • Fresh Member
pheony wrote:
Paul Tootall wrote:
pheony wrote:

I have been a very good boy... my ex and I didn't split becasue of anyone else, due to my meds and condition... and her bee na bit off her head... we mututally agreed it might be better for us not to live together anymore. I am better now and we are friends, even trying to help her with all her doctor induced illnesses. she has had more than a few "friends". Me... zero... just am here for the kids... 5 years solo ... need a lady friend hehe

Harsh View of "Scandinavia"? 04 Feb 2014 21:03 #11

• Strider77
  • Fresh Member
Hexhammer wrote:

I think Norway is the best place in North. They have no imigration problem, no EU, they have their own money and they haven't allowed outside interests to steal their wealth(oil) and so on. Norway, I would move there, if my life here wouldn't restrict me of doing so.

No EU - maybe that's a big reason they are in better shape?

Harsh View of "Scandinavia"? 04 Feb 2014 21:04 #12

• cantata
  • Silver Member
Hexhammer wrote:
Now this is a thread in my liking. I've been talking about how things are in Finland quite a lot already... It's not too qutesy-rosy-cool here either. But I would say Sweden, is fucked up. Their policy with immigration and what ever else is completely fucked up. Pauls friends are more of less right about what they say.

Denmark, not too good there either I think. I dunno, its been few years since I were there last time.

Finland is getting assfucked by EU and unemployment. And immigration, although its not that bad as it is in Sweden. But the grim future of masses of unemployed and frustrated immigrants, its coming here too, unless our policymakers will change the laws. But for an immigrant, its much easier to get to Sweden than it is to Finland. I've got an Hungarian friend who didn't get citizenship, he tired and tried and he was just bounced between agencies and he didn't get it. Funny that, Finland takes any muslims, black people, who ever, other Europeans, nope.

And one thing that's fucked here too is propaganda. Media is all over gay everything, immigration everything, tolerance everything, racism everything, muslims, EU and what not... Quite close what media does in Sweden also. But here's the deal, people don't believe goddamn half about all that crap what papers are saying these days. ;) Finns have this thing, that they don't trust 'the lords' too much. Meaning businesspeople and politicians. Usually stuff is quietly accepted, but behind their backs, there's a kettle nearing a boiling point.

No wonder anti EU parties (such as True Finns) are getting a lot of visibility.

Yeah, you see: Norway, Finland and Iceland would have been my choices - if only they had better weather. :cold:

Thing is, Hex, the propaganda and the underlying attitudes are still here, it's just that people are not allowed to say them and papers are not allowed to print them. But they haven't gone anywhere.

Scandinavian people always seem to have a good standard of living. Their housing looks nicer and more spacious and they all seem very educated. Plus, we often hear how concerned they are about those not doing so well in their societies, which I so approve of. :thumbup:

Sweden has never appealed to me although PAUL it has got a lot of slender blondes. :D

Last Edit: 04 Feb 2014 21:09 by cantata.
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, Hexhammer

Harsh View of "Scandinavia"? 04 Feb 2014 21:06 #13

• pheony
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Paul Tootall wrote:
pheony wrote:
Paul Tootall wrote:
pheony wrote:

I have been a very good boy... my ex and I didn't split becasue of anyone else, due to my meds and condition... and her bee na bit off her head... we mututally agreed it might be better for us not to live together anymore. I am better now and we are friends, even trying to help her with all her doctor induced illnesses. she has had more than a few "friends". Me... zero... just am here for the kids... 5 years solo ... need a lady friend hehe

I was going to edit, sod for bugger, because when I looked it up in the urban dictionary, I found....

SOD
A girl (or guy) looking to "sit on dicks"
Whose going on SOD patrol tonight?

That girls looking to SOD.

:P

I'm only kidding and I'm sure you've been a very good boy. Of course it would be nice for you to have another woman in your life....I wish you all the best in finding Ms Right. :)

Harsh View of "Scandinavia"? 04 Feb 2014 21:08 #14

• Paul Tootall
  • Fresh Member
cantata... i think I am past the lust stage now... just fancy some company hehe... the kids are great when they are here... which is quite a bit, especially as they are within bike ride range, so spend loads of time here, just the "adult" company I need to find, but not just any adult company. Need someone to talk to I suppose that is on the same wavelength if you get what I mean.
Last Edit: 04 Feb 2014 21:08 by Paul Tootall.

Harsh View of "Scandinavia"? 04 Feb 2014 21:11 #15

• cantata
  • Silver Member
She's out there, Paul. keep 'em peeled. And, when you feel better and able, start going out to mix and meet again. You don't have to drink.

:crossed:

User(s) who Liked this post: pheony, Paul Tootall

Harsh View of "Scandinavia"? 04 Feb 2014 21:17 #16

• cantata
  • Silver Member
I would like to take my daughter and go to see the Northern Lights - Norway? And I will, maybe even this winter. But I'm terrible with the cold. I just hunch against it day and night. I should really just hibernate for the 5 winter months. And that's why even when I was young, free and single, I never went to "try out" Norway, Finland or Iceland, even though I thought how marvellous their societies were.

User(s) who Liked this post: Hexhammer

Harsh View of "Scandinavia"? 04 Feb 2014 21:26 #17

• Hexhammer
  • Voluntarily Inactive
  • Karma is a bitch.
North Norway and Lappland are the places where you want to go to see northern lights. :) But you'll need some serious winter clothing with you.
-Agent Fox Mulder
Moderators: novum, rodin, Flare